Sam Nicholson

gov

Berra than you

Banderson reporting he has left for family reasons and will be back in UK this weekend. He reports interest from Bristol Rovers, but says others are interested to. I'd take him back in a heartbeat.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Greedy Jambo

• Cruyff

• Pasquale for King

• Absolute Scenes

heartsfc_fan

Type of player we needed last season. He'll run at players and get stuck in.

Mulraney was meant to be that player but had the heart of a mouse.

11 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

It’s like the Blues Brothers “we’re getting the band back together” 😃 

I suppose we could never have got back to the original blues.  Are we going to get the 80s guys in suits doing a OK rip off, or will it be a modern rip off with autotune, a bit of rap thrown in, and a bunch of annoying square wave noises that lead to a terrible crescendo?

I was a fan of Sam's previously - although he was thrown in and depended on a bit too much for someone his age.

Was disapointed when he left.

Would be happy for him to return.

Gordon Ramsay

Would happily take him back. 

Give the Michael Jackson to the Hibs fans again, loved that 😂

30 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Type of player we needed last season. He'll run at players and get stuck in.

Mulraney was meant to be that player but had the heart of a mouse.

See now you’ve mentioned Mulraney....I’d take Sam back yesterday.  It’s shows how low our standards stooped. 

Sam might just like playing off our experience we have upfront just now. 

11 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

When a proven player like Nicholson becomes available you can't not consider taking them on. 

Exactly. We've really lacked good wide players in these doldrums years.

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, WageThief said:

I suppose we could never have got back to the original blues.  Are we going to get the 80s guys in suits doing a OK rip off, or will it be a modern rip off with autotune, a bit of rap thrown in, and a bunch of annoying square wave noises that lead to a terrible crescendo?

No singing 🙈

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

Hope so 🤞🏻 But probably end up at the sheep

I was thinking about who he would come back to Scotland to play for. Doubt the old squirm would fancy him, he'd laugh if Hibs went in for him and clubs like St Johnstone, Ross County, St Mirren etc.. wouldn't be able to afford him. That only leaves Aberdeen, Dundee Utd or Hearts. Of the three, I reckon he'd probably sign for Aberdeen as well. Dundee Utd a possibility if they could put a wage together for him and although I reckon he'd consider Hearts, I think that being back in the Championship would make him think twice. His agent would more than likely tout his name down south. I could see him playing in the Championship with one of the bigger clubs in that league like a Notts Forrest or whoever. I'd doubt we'd see him back in a Hearts top anytime soon. He'll be looking for big bucks at this stage of his career. Should even be in and around the Scotland squad. Appears to be a forgotten man with being in America.

12 hours ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

A good tricky winger - I liked him 

Didn't get on with Levein which was a factor in him leaving............fact.

RustyRightPeg

Is this another thread about an ex-player coming back? 

He will not sign for us, he will end up in England.

heisenberg86

Would absolutely have him back, a front 4 of Boyce, Naismith, Walker and Nicholson would be class! 

How well did Sam do in the states? Always preferred him over Walker, when he was on his game he was untouchable. And a die hard jambo as well who hates the hubs.

colinmaroon
13 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Rudi? Robbo?

Get him back. Love the Colorado strips. 

Big Daisy!

2 hours ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

He must have been great the last couple of years of hes getting released by teams like Colorado.

They'd probably tear us up for arse paper tbf. 

complete control
2 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Better than that Begbie lookalike Stendel signed.

Canny believe that guy's c.v.  he is garbage. 

2 hours ago, lou said:

A hunch or ITK?

I’d say it’s pretty certain based on a message I got earlier. :) 

1 minute ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

Well that would be welcome news. Thanks 👍

Castle rock

Should just resign the championship team and be done with it eh? 

No need for scouts we no all the players already happy days

Not one bit of ambition with all the names of ex players

I'd be less worried about having Sam than some of the players we currently have.  Think about it.  He will also be much improved fitness and technically.  Major League isn't as bad as some make out.  

Absolute Scenes
2 hours ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

He must have been great the last couple of years of hes getting released by teams like Colorado.

you don't do much reading do you?

It takes less than one minute to see that it was for family reasons he left Rapids. His boss even said he was sad to see him go. Do try harder

3 hours ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

So you know **** all then aye?

26 minutes ago, Castle rock said:

In the likely event of us playing in the championship there is no need to do a Rangers and overspend to win a division we should stroll easily.

We can be as ambitious as we like the following season.

36 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

I'd be chuffed if this happens. Laddies a match winner and has the ability to create or score from nothing. Need more of his type in the team. I'd imagine he's a better player now too. 

TyphoonJambo
1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

I'd be chuffed if this happens. Laddies a match winner and has the ability to create or score from nothing. Need more of his type in the team. I'd imagine he's a better player now too. 

And hates the Hubz😁😁

Now let’s wait a minute here. Ok Sam did alright when he was here, do we know if he has improved as a player, has he any injuries that will come to light after a couple of games and he goes on the injured list for 6 months. All this rush to sign Sam is way over the top. I’d sign him as a trialIt’s after a thorough medical because we have a bad habit of signing players who breakdown after a short period.

Absolute Scenes
Just now, mitch41 said:

Now let’s wait a minute here. Ok Sam did alright when he was here, do we know if he has improved as a player, has he any injuries that will come to light after a couple of games and he goes on the injured list for 6 months. All this rush to sign Sam is way over the top. I’d sign him as a trialIt’s after a thorough medical because we have a bad habit of signing players who breakdown after a short period.

Just use google, takes about 2 minutes to find out

Marty Byrde
46 minutes ago, Castle rock said:

I do feel like we are the Gorgie time machine also. Folk are obsessed generally with bringing player's back.

However I feel this might be a good signing at this time.

He's a known quantity both on and off the field and it removes our inept scouting team from the equation.

1 minute ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Just use google, takes about 2 minutes to find out

That’s the problem, watching highlights is suicidal when looking to sign a player. We have signed too many players by not doing the work needed like scouting the player playing. An agent phone a manager, tells the manager that this guy is magic, shows the manager the player on Google & You Tube, manager meets player and agrees 3 year deal. End result disaster. Even Rudi played as a trial it’s against Middlesbrough & Hull City. Let’s do things the right way as too much money has been flushed down the toilet on crap.

Ibrahim Tall
3 hours ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

He’s not getting ‘released’, it’s mutual to return home for family reasons.

Ibrahim Tall
2 hours ago, Baxfee said:

Bummer - no sell on fee

We wouldn’t have got one anyway, it was Minnesota he joined from us, they sold him to Colorado.

Absolute Scenes
19 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

That’s the problem, watching highlights is suicidal when looking to sign a player. We have signed too many players by not doing the work needed like scouting the player playing. An agent phone a manager, tells the manager that this guy is magic, shows the manager the player on Google & You Tube, manager meets player and agrees 3 year deal. End result disaster. Even Rudi played as a trial it’s against Middlesbrough & Hull City. Let’s do things the right way as too much money has been flushed down the toilet on crap.

I meant you using google to find out if he'd been injured, easy to find. He's better than the wingers we have now, I don't care how he's played in the last few years, he's better than what we have so its a no brainer to take him, considering transfers are not something easy to manage just now

He didn't get on with Levein hence why he left, I thought you would have been all over that since you were all over Levein in negative light. He knows our game, is a home grown talent. 

Castle rock
51 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

In the likely event of us playing in the championship there is no need to do a Rangers and overspend to win a division we should stroll easily.

We can be as ambitious as we like the following season.

I've never said overspend I get your point but I think we should still be trying to move forward not back

I just don't see the point of going back to ex players barring a few exceptions like robbo and rudi. Most are worse players when they return

Castle rock
37 minutes ago, Marty Byrde said:

I do feel like we are the Gorgie time machine also. Folk are obsessed generally with bringing player's back.

However I feel this might be a good signing at this time.

He's a known quantity both on and off the field and it removes our inept scouting team from the equation.

I liked Sam when he was here first time but my fear is like most returning players he won't live up to expectations 

I will naturally support Sam if he returns. 

HHGH

36 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

We wouldn’t have got one anyway, it was Minnesota he joined from us, they sold him to Colorado.

Shows how little attention I paid to that one! 

10 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

He’s better than what we have so yes for me. 

How do you come to that conclusion.

Just now, benny said:

I don't know how he could have come to any other conclusion. 

1 minute ago, benny said:

I’ll explain for you in greater detail later but we have a squad at the bottom of the table and Sam is better than any winger we have including that boy we got in Jan. 

Just now, Cruyff said:

I don't know how he could have come to any other conclusion. 

Would agree 4 years ago but I have no idea how good he has been since he left Hearts.

Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

I’ll explain for you in greater detail later but we have a squad at the bottom of the table and Sam is better than any winger we have including that boy we got in Jan. 

Correct

Whilst I really like Moore, he still has bits to learn, and having a senior winger in Sam means we are not so thin in that area.