• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Greedy Jambo

• Cruyff

• Pasquale for King

• Absolute Scenes

Personally, I’ve never got why people don’t like wide players cutting in. Nicholson is a good player, he was just inconsistent, as most wise players are. Not a huge Walker fan, but I actually think Walker played some of his better stuff when he had Nicholson in there with him. They seemed to understand each other.

Just now, Alan_R said:

Bringing danny wilson back with him.

Ah... let’s not bother. 😬

16 minutes ago, Barack said:

32 & 33. Zoom zoom.

Skint though at the moment. Virtually bribing their fans this week with their season ticket ads. False bribes at that 

Edited by soonbe110

A Shoreditch Heart
32 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Us old yin’s forget stuff ye ken 😜

Eamonn Bannon was great when he came back too

Greedy Jambo
Just now, heartsfc_fan said:

Just need Djoum back and we're sorted 🤭

Paterson. 

Nae chance though, before anyone starts a thread. 

OmiyaHearts

I think it could be a decent signing, cos I dont think he'll be a high earner. Worth a punt.

Greedy Jambo

Who else did Robbie play with or know quite well? 

Cos we know our scouting system is shite. 

Pasquale for King
38 minutes ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

I could see the likes of Aberdeen making a move for him. 

Strange player, when on his game he was a match winner, that was quite few and far between though. Decision making wasn't the best.

Having signed Hayes and had him defer all his wages for a year I can’t see them signing many others unless Blackpool, Bournemouth or Brighton sign McKenna 😜.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Space Pirate said:

Who else did Robbie play with or know quite well? 

Cos we know our scouting system is shite. 

Most are probably finished now, he’s managed a few in the last 6 years that will be available. It’s making space for them that’s the problem I think.

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, A Shoreditch Heart said:

Eamonn Bannon was great when he came back too

Loved Bannon, some Hibs ***** taxi driver made my cry by telling me he left for Chelsea. Scored 100 league goals. A bit of an erse in the real world, his laddie Alan played in the same team as my nephew and as we toured all the coldest and wet places on Sunday mornings he was never to be seen.

Greedy Jambo
4 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Go and start a thread about cheese on toast or something. 

I'm off the cheese, mate, trying to get trim for the transfer window. 

Greedy Jambo
1 minute ago, BarneyBattles said:

Sorry. No idea what cartoon that comes from and therefore no idea what your post means. 

c773f4d77f6088a92d4ac01b94b8296d.jpg

jamboinglasgow

Thought he was going to be a top player when he broke through. He has pace and fantastic technique, but he stagnated and never reached that potential. But he has talent and as we only have Moore at left wing, having Nicholson as competition would mean that side is sorted.

Greedy Jambo
2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Bit rude.

I'm not really into "cartoons" anymore but his character is brilliant. 

Who was the other winger Dundee UTD were linked with this summer ?? It was Johnny Hayes and I swear another big name was linked too. 

Just now, maroon said:

Who was the other winger Dundee UTD were linked with this summer ?? It was Johnny Hayes and I swear another big name was linked too. 

Some Finnish boy. 

Just now, Cruyff said:

Some Finnish boy. 

Really had it in my head was a player already in scottish football

44 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Ah... let’s not bother. 😬

I liked him actually. But i knew that would divide opinion a wee bit :P

9 minutes ago, maroon said:

Wasnt safranko they had on loan? Good player. They couldnt meet his asking price

Edited by Alan_R

Just now, Alan_R said:

I liked him actually

Wasnt safranko they had on loan? Good player. They couldnt meet his asking price

Wasn’t keen at all mate. Thought his positional sense at set pieces was poor and he put the ball out of play from clearances up the touch line too much.

11 minutes ago, maroon said:

big name

10 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Some Finnish boy. 

They often do have, right enough.

queensferryjambo

Always liked Sam would take him back.

Still only 25 and hopefully a bit more to his game since he left.

Nisbett was the one I was thinking of who utd were linked with, be sure to go for a fair bit had a great season with Dunfermline would love him here 

IveSeenTheLight
2 hours ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

I could see the likes of Aberdeen making a move for him. 

Strange player, when on his game he was a match winner, that was quite few and far between though. Decision making wasn't the best.

2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Just signed Hayes and McGinn has year left so don’t need wingers 

He wont be coming to us.

We have Hayes, McGinn, Kennedy and McLennan.

I hear Hayes was only available as he deffered his wages till next year.

We're on a budget until the fans get back in. No players coming in unless there is movement out.

IveSeenTheLight
2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Aye, we know.

Do you need a loan? We've got plenty.

:greggy:

LOL no.

PhoenixHearts
2 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

It’s a funny one.  Before he left he’d become a bit predictable. Rarely a telling end product and was cutting inside too much.  When he first started out we all thought we had something special on our hands. Some moments of brilliance and the guy could hit a ball. 

However, with the mediocre play we’ve put up with for the last few years, I’d take Sam’s wilingness, running and attempts at being purposeful just to feel upbeat about us again.  

I reckon this sums up my thoughts too.

All I remember from the end of his time with us is him cutting inside, running into crowds of 3 or 4 players and inevitably losing the ball every time.

But the skill was there for all to see and I'm sure he's matured both physically and mentally.

Georgecowie
3 hours ago, Space Pirate said:

There was a time when i would say no, he's not good enough, but not now, get him back. 

Sounds like the lyrics to a Carpenter's song. And for that reason, I'm in. Hurry back, Sam. 

Guys a hearts fan, While I'm not his biggest admirer i think he is a better player than moore Imo maybe i will eat those words in a few years time? I'm sure he would give everything on the pitch for us because he is one of us, He certainly would be a decent option, Even if we could have him and moore used in rotation, depending who is in or out of form? 

Would take him but not overly excited.

David McCaig
3 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Guys a hearts fan, While I'm not his biggest admirer i think he is a better player than moore Imo maybe i will eat those words in a few years time? I'm sure he would give everything on the pitch for us because he is one of us, He certainly would be a decent option, Even if we could have him and moore used in rotation, depending who is in or out of form? 

Would take him but not overly excited.

Worth noting that Nicholson was 22 when he left us,the same age that Moore is now..

Hopefully 3 years in the MLS has seen him improve further.

Салатные палочки

Be delighted if he came back. Tore the championship up the last time and showed he can cut it in the Premiershit. 

I have read this entire thread and in my head I was reading 'David Templeton' and looking with much confusion. Don't think I slept well last night, brain is all over the place. 

Yes to Sam! Still only a bairn and not tainted in the Scottish leagues. Worth a punt. 

Edited by Zen Jambo

He’s coming back to the UK for personal/family reasons so with that in mind you’d assume he wants to be as close to home as possible.

Signing for an English club doesn’t make much sense.....unless it’s Carlisle.

20 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Normally yawn when these pop up but, to be honest I’d take him back

Same. I look in and think, not another ex-player signing thread, but as others have said he’s a good age and could do well. 

Ainsley Harriott

He must have been great the last couple of years of hes getting released by teams like Colorado.