Racism podcast featuring Sean Clare & Christian Nade

Malcolm Tucker

Malcolm Tucker

First time I've posted on here in years, hello everyone.

Craig Fowler recorded a Terrace Podcast with four people within football; Sean Clare, Christian Nade, Marvin Bartley and Kevin Harper, and I think it's an incredible listen that a lot of folk on here would find both interesting and eye opening. Clare's experiences of 'whites vs blacks' from his youth team took me aback, and the entire attitude that Nade has towards racism in football, in life, and in Scottish football is a depressing reminder.

It's an hour long and I really recommend that you find an hour to listen, it's challenging but interesting to hear and I'd love to see the thoughts of those on JKB towards what is said on the podcast.

Terrace: http://terracepodcast.net/racism/

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/episode/5Vrg98QFHbUA1Qyrl3qxmm?si=FxZ-tYRbRs62bq6DpUQUEA

Apple: https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/racism/id304936264?i=1000480250220

BackOfTheNet

It really is a worthwhile listen. All four have in many ways different attitudes towards the racism they face, showing the complexity of the matter and how it's not just a matter of generalising but about how the individual is affected and how the racism makes them feel.

Particular interesting point for me was the stereotyping of black football players discussed by Fowler and Clare. How black goalkeepers are seen as eccentric and defenders as bombscares - and Clare mentioned how he has been labelled arrogant and that a lot of his teammates growing up felt they just had to be speedy athletic players when their distribution was as good if not better than any other central midfielder.

Just listened to it. Was a really interesting podcast, thought all the guys on it articulated themselves very well. 

Good listen but Kevin Harper shouldn’t be given any praise or media attention man is an utter scumbag of the highest order

12 minutes ago, maroon said:

Good listen but Kevin Harper shouldn’t be given any praise or media attention man is an utter scumbag of the highest order

On most topics I would agree with you. On this particular one however, he has a right to speak out. 

11 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

On most topics I would agree with you. On this particular one however, he has a right to speak out. 

Yeah I understand that mate maybe bit harsh just really annoys me when he can continue to get media work. The terrace have had him on before aswell