Fans At Games

willie wallace

willie wallace

I have read a couple of articles recently regarding the possibility of fans being able to attend games from 23rd July.

Does not explain the details at the moment but it seems the SFA are quite confident.

Would this make any difference to the start of the championship(if that is where we end up)

The main hurdles  the teams faced were playing behind doors and testing costs but have now granted  assistance

with this.

I know leagues 1 and 2 have problems with player contracts but imagine the championship teams would be in a better position.

I have no idea if the admittance of fans would be an indication that player testing could be reduced.

The thought of other fans going to watch the their teams while we sit idle for nearly 4 months is too much to bear.

We will just have to win the case and get reinstated.✌️

8 minutes ago, willie wallace said:

I have read a couple of articles recently regarding the possibility of fans being able to attend games from 23rd July.

Does not explain the details at the moment but it seems the SFA are quite confident.

Would this make any difference to the start of the championship(if that is where we end up)

The main hurdles  the teams faced were playing behind doors and testing costs but have now granted  assistance

with this.

I know leagues 1 and 2 have problems with player contracts but imagine the championship teams would be in a better position.

I have no idea if the admittance of fans would be an indication that player testing could be reduced.

The thought of other fans going to watch the their teams while we sit idle for nearly 4 months is too much to bear.

Sounds like a plan 👍

willie wallace
27 minutes ago, been here before said:

Celtic and the SRU big buddies now.

Wonder what's going on there?

Rick James

If people can sit in a pub or a cinema, I don't understand why people can't sit in an outdoor football stadium, even if at a reduced capacity.

AlphonseCapone
3 minutes ago, Locky said:

If people can sit in a pub or a cinema, I don't understand why people can't sit in an outdoor football stadium, even if at a reduced capacity.

Number of people involved perhaps? Even reduced would significant compared to those. 

Edited by AlphonseCapone

Hectormasson
55 minutes ago, willie wallace said:

with this.

Correct ! & f...k the spfl.!!!!!🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

willie wallace
2 minutes ago, Locky said:

It's a strange one.I can only think it may be the amount of fans even with social distancing.

Rick James
3 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Number of people involved perhaps? Even reduced would significant compared to those. 

2 minutes ago, willie wallace said:

It's a strange one.I can only think it may be the amount of fans even with social distancing.

Some countries in Europe have already started letting fans in but I understand it's big numbers here in some games. I'm not that fussed if we have to continue going without, but I just don't understand the logic in opening things like pubs and cinema's where dozens of people are sat coughing and spluttering in an enclosed space. And I'm a pub guy!

Hectormasson
8 minutes ago, Weebroon98 said:

If fans are not getting into the EPL no danger are we getting fans in up here. 

No fans at tyney this year  or any where else in scotland"    could be closed doors til March or so ? Chance won't be risked...

14 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

No fans at tyney this year  or any where else in scotland"    could be closed doors til March or so ? Chance won't be risked...

Chances will be risked in England by the way they are rushing back to normality. We'll see.

Hectormasson
2 minutes ago, kila said:

Chances will be risked in England by the way they are rushing back to normality. We'll see.

True, but think they might run doing this .....rue even.....😁😁😁

Edited by Hectormasson
wrong spelling

1 minute ago, Hectormasson said:

True, but think they might run doing this .....

Horse racing crowds will be back first I reckon. It'll be a reverse of how we locked down.

Hectormasson
Just now, kila said:

Horse racing crowds will be back first I reckon. It'll be a reverse of how we locked down.

It's difficult to see if and when hearts  fans get back into tyney ????maybe use murrayfield from October for all home games ???

30 minutes ago, willie wallace said:

I think it may be the bottlenecks as folk arrive/ disperse/ urinate etc!

There’s chat they might be looking to allow 1000 fans to the Edinburgh Glasgow Rugby matches at the end of August 

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, been here before said:

Lawell doesn’t have much power over the Scottish Government or Leitch, it will be October at the earliest.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, willie wallace said:

Celtic and the SRU big buddies now.

Wonder what's going on there?

They played three games there a few years back.

Jambo 4 Ever
3 hours ago, Locky said:

Coz people are singing And Shouting at games ... also will be walking close to each other 

Jambo 4 Ever
3 hours ago, Hectormasson said:

Probably sensible 

not worth the risk 

Rick James
7 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

Coz people are singing And Shouting at games ... also will be walking close to each other 

People will be singing and shouting in pubs, and once a few pints deep, cuddling and all sorts.

28 minutes ago, Locky said:

People will be singing and shouting in pubs, and once a few pints deep, cuddling and all sorts.

Electric dog collars that zap folk when they get too close to one another. Though some might make it a fetish. 

Jambo 4 Ever
30 minutes ago, Locky said:

Yeh but music in pubs will be banned to begin with

and will be smaller groups of people together in pubs than at games 

33 minutes ago, sassenach said:

I'll not be going anywhere until I'm allowed to forget about social distancing and 20000 are allowed back in Tynecastle 

Pubs reopening in England in Saturday, with screens, one way systems, table service, no drinking at the bar etc. I fully understand the reasons for all of this, but I go to a pub or the football to relax and forget about the cares of the world. I'm leaving it all until everything is sorted.

100% with you on this

Harry Potter
11 hours ago, Locky said:

correct.

Peter Lowell should shut up and listen to Jason Leitch if he says no supporters in the grounds until October at the earliest then that’s who we listen to .🥰 Why rush fans into the grounds and regret it at a later date it’s not worth it health comes first.

Rick James
49 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Yeh but music in pubs will be banned to begin with

and will be smaller groups of people together in pubs than at games 

More famous well known bars probably will follow that, but I guarantee your run of the mill, local boozers will do no such thing. They'll let anyone in who wants in and the pubs will be packed. Like I said, I don't mind missing the football really, it just annoys me that there's situations which I think are worse than going to a football match that are deemed acceptable now. It's mental.

19 minutes ago, Crete said:

Peter Lowell should shut up and listen to Jason Leitch if he says no supporters in the grounds until October at the earliest then that’s who we listen to .🥰 Why rush fans into the grounds and regret it at a later date it’s not worth it health comes first.

I don't think I'll be bothering attending matches until things return to normal crowd wise. 

People have already shown they can't be trusted to observe social distancing by the behaviour at outdoor gatherings, protests, beaches and public parks etc. 

It will be more trouble and expense for clubs than its worth imo. 

Smaller clubs where its three men and a dug at the games might get away with it but bigger stadiums no chance imo. 

3 Pubs near me in London have shut for good during the Lockdown. Hotels are under severe threat and an 80 bed hotel round the corner has just issued redundancy notices to all staff. I understand people's health concerns but many of your favourite places are not going to be around if they don't start taking money soon. Other pubs local to me have strict distancing measures in place and will begin opening on Saturday although some of the chains are staggering opening to see how it goes. Economically London is a basket case right and that obviously has severe consequences for the whole of the UK. If you're lucky enough to have an income, when local hospitality venues open, get along and spend some money. If you don't think its safe then leave.

In terms of football we all know that clubs will go to the wall, Wigan is just the first example. If people don't have jobs though, clubs will continue to suffer even after fans are back.

Tokyo Drifter
15 hours ago, been here before said:

Leitch, not being a member of the SFA or the SPFL boards, should be able to stand up to Lawell. As an aside, it's interesting how desperate Celtic are to have paying fans at their games. There was a Europe-wide report recently which showed that the "big" clubs most likely to be affected by fan bans are the Ugly Sisters. Pleasing.

David McCaig

When crowds are allowed back in, on a socially distanced basis... how long will it take for non-compliance by the Green Brigade to ruin it for everyone and force games BCD again?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53192066

Seating plan for a cinema and how seating could work

Shows we could get 5000 approx in under distancing rules...the only issue is the costs meeting the number of people who could attend

If it is 1m there may be more depending on how you configure the seating plan

And of course football is outside and as we are told that helps

An example below

In Copenhagen, up to 10,500 fans will be able into Parken, Denmark's largest stadium which can hold 38,000, FC Copenhagen club communications manager Jes Mortensen told AFP on Tuesday.

Edited by CJGJ

8 hours ago, sassenach said:

I'll not be going anywhere until I'm allowed to forget about social distancing and 20000 are allowed back in Tynecastle 

Pubs reopening in England in Saturday, with screens, one way systems, table service, no drinking at the bar etc. I fully understand the reasons for all of this, but I go to a pub or the football to relax and forget about the cares of the world. I'm leaving it all until everything is sorted.

This. 

Pasquale for King
40 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53192066

Seating plan for a cinema and how seating could work

Shows we could get 5000 approx in under distancing rules...the only issue is the costs meeting the number of people who could attend

If it is 1m there may be more depending on how you configure the seating plan

And of course football is outside and as we are told that helps

An example below

In Copenhagen, up to 10,500 fans will be able into Parken, Denmark's largest stadium which can hold 38,000, FC Copenhagen club communications manager Jes Mortensen told AFP on Tuesday.

It’s a maximum of 5k if it’s 1 metre, if it’s 2 metres it’s 1 person per TWELVE seats. People from the same household might help swell the numbers as this link shows in the 2nd diagram where groups sit together. Toilets will be a problem and getting in to the seats whilst keeping one or two metres apart. How do we decide who can go, loyalty points of those that are up for going?
It can be done but there’s a hell of a lot of work to go on beforehand. 

9 hours ago, sassenach said:

That's exactly what happened here initially and my reaction was identical to you.  You virtually had to put your hand up to ask permission to go for a piss.

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It’s a maximum of 5k if it’s 1 metre, if it’s 2 metres it’s 1 person per TWELVE seats. People from the same household might help swell the numbers as this link shows in the 2nd diagram where groups sit together. Toilets will be a problem and getting in to the seats whilst keeping one or two metres apart. How do we decide who can go, loyalty points of those that are up for going?
It can be done but there’s a hell of a lot of work to go on beforehand. 

I know there are difficulties but why are cinemas allowed to open then ?

Inside so less safe..same issues re seating/toilets

Once again no logic not to allow football to have fans...you can get approx 25% of fans in the ground if we apply the same rules as cinemas are going to undertake..and that is a fact.

henryheart
4 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Once again no logic not to allow football to have fans...you can get approx 25% of fans in the ground if we apply the same rules as cinemas are going to undertake..and that is a fact.

Indeed. I am struggling to understand the so called logic of what is and isn't allowed these days. 

The very idea of allowing fans at games at the same time they're saying face-masks in shops are compulsory is patently ridiculous. Let's face it, allowing fans back to football matches should be way down the list of priorities. As has been pointed out many times, maintaining social distancing in the stands is the easy part. It's the communal areas  and fans getting to and from the games that is the probably the bigger issue. 

manaliveits105

Liewell will be worried and rightly so that the ceptic players will underperform without the sound of morons singing songs about foreign  terrorists in the background 

OmiyaHearts

I can't see it happening any time soon, definitely not this year.

South Korea have shelved plans to allow fans in after recent local outbreaks. Japan was also looking at late August but due to local Tokyo outbreak today, they likely wont even revisit the option til September.

These countries are miles ahead of the UK in terms of managing the virus. 

Hectormasson
13 hours ago, sassenach said:

perfectly put 👏 thats my outlook also .....

First Celtic v Rangers game behind closed doors

Pubs open in Glasgow showing the game live

Live carnage in the City Centre

Nap

hughesie27

I dont get how they can fairly let fans in under a reduced capacity.

Say for example an old firm game. Many season ticket holders are going to be unable to attend their biggest Home match on the season. 

How do they cater to families? Under 11s no longer need to social distance but what about teens? Will they do it by luck of the draw ballot where if you are lucky 1 ST in a household gets to go. 

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, CJGJ said:

It’s a fair point, no shouting or singing in cinemas I suppose, or drunk football fans that can’t behave. 
Ive been watching Norwegian games and their fans haven’t been distancing. Then there was the Danish game detailed in the link above. Frustratingly enough Rugby fans will be trusted before us, due to the reputation of scum like the uglies and their revolting fans.

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, 12XU said:

First Celtic v Rangers game behind closed doors

Pubs open in Glasgow showing the game live

Live carnage in the City Centre

Nap

You say it like it’s a bad thing? It will be utter carnage no doubt. 

12 hours ago, Crete said:

Yet this was not what he intimated just a few weeks ago then his boss just tried to tell his words a couple of days ago need more explanation because they differed from her intentions

There is one person running the show and the rest are just following her

She is telling us she knows where we will be 3 months from now when she has no idea whether fans can be safe yet her expert was pretty clear when using Murrayfield as an example that some fans could well be allowed in under current social distancing measures..note not a full house just a limited percentage

She does not know what she is doing and has no clear policy for this.....just using the cinema for example makes that clear

She has done many decent things but her failure to adapt is going to lose her support. I'd like there to be logic but there is none on her current course

All she has to do is say no to all or think more openly in letting people know the risks, letting them sign waivers and limiting attendance with the use of face masks mandatory with records kept of seats used and by whom...going to the cinema is going to be a far more dangerous social activity than going to a football match.....that is a sentence rarely posted

27 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You say it like it’s a bad thing? It will be utter carnage no doubt. 

Not a bad thing at all - outstanding, delightful,fun city