Jake Hastie

Leveins Battalion

Greedy Jambo
3 minutes ago, The Fonz said:

Looked a real player at Motherwell. Seemed like rangers signed a bunch of wingers with no way to fit them all in (see also Jordan Jones, who would be great for us). 

If there's any hint of laziness I am sure Robbie would sort that out asap. Never understood why double sessions and training on a Wednesday seemed to become a thing of the past as soon as he left last time. 

Would also be great to have some proper talent out wide, which we've severely lacked probably since King and Nicholson in the championship. 

It would be good to just have wingers in general. 

The whole RB/LB bombing up the wing thing only works when you have shit loads of money to buy quality players. 

There's no point trying to play like a top european side when your budget limits you to has-beens and injury projects. 

12 minutes ago, Simo said:

There's been some grim shouts but fk me this is right up there. Got voted one of the worst signings in Azerbeijan and a guy so bad he had his own song from the Celtic fans

I'm out.

On topic I'd take Hastie tbh, career has stalled at the huns but he's young enough to recover and looked an exciting attacking prospect at Motherwell.

What’s funny is, my opinion is based on the opinions of people that have seen them both in the flesh.  I am connected to Rangers, as many on here know. Through this connection I know loads of the Rangers players, players that have played and trained with both. I know

some of the coaches, the guys that work day to day with them. All of them rate Haliday, comment on his attitude in the changing room, on the park, his fitness and his ability. Let’s not forget that he’s playing out of position most of the time for Rangers or a position that isn’t his natural one. All of them have commented that Hastie is miles off it, have done since day dot. Doesn’t train well, not a great attitude towards training and all of them said they don’t see him having a future at that level. I agree tho, he is young enough to learn from that and move on. Not easy for young boys to go into that environment and instantly make the step up. Doherty another that hasn’t managed to hit the heights at Rangers but seems to have done well away from them. 

Celtic fans had a Levein song, as did Hibs, means nothing. 

As I said. Am only passing on my opinion and what I’ve heard/know on Hastie and I think Haliday is better than what we have currently. 

alwaysthereinspirit
2 hours ago, Hungry hippo said:

Would definitely take him. The parent club are always irrelevant to me.

All that matters is that it helps Hearts.

I’m the opposite. Parent club is the most important thing to me. 

Tommy Brown
33 minutes ago, sassenach said:

Is that actually a rule, or is it just the done thing nowadays?

When I was a lad loan players played against their parent clubs all the time, certainly in England.

I remember a game in 1990-91, Charlton v Middlesbrough. Colin Walsh was on loan from Charlton to Boro, and Alan Kernaghan was on loan the other way. Both played against their parent clubs in the same game. The great Bernie Slaven scored the only goal in a rare win in London for Boro.

I like to mention Hernan Crespo scoring the winner in ECL semi against his parent club Chelsea.

In Scotland we stopped Dunfermline fielding a loaned player from Celtic in a SC final.

Celtic were about 1/10 to win.

39 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

We are that bad I would take Hastie and Halliday,and Docherty tbf

you would hope Hastie and Docherty are on our shopping list both would be very good additions to our team. 

Batistuta87

Hastie instantly improves the team and would be an upgrade from Meshino, whose position he would probably fill. Knows the Scottish game, has proven himself to be pretty useful here, and would add a spark to our team. 

Would take him in a heartbeat and couldn't care less if he's a Rangers player - as long as he tries his best for us. 

Would take Halliday too. Good versatile experienced player, who I think would 100% play for the badge and become a quick favourite among our fans. 

Edited by Batistuta87

4 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Good prospect. Unless it is permanent, then no thanks. Don't see why we should allow Rangers to use us as a training facility to improve their young talents or stick them in the shop window. 

This is my view. 

He's a young talent, but I don't want to be helping develop players for Rangers. He'd be taking a place that Moore, Henderson or another could. 

By all means loan senior players in like we did Naismith, there was a purpose to that. Developing another clubs kids isn't on especially given we are trying to use our academy as a source of players. 

Not keen at all. Lazy and poor form from Robbie if true. Sends the wrong message to our own kids. 

3 hours ago, Cruyff said:

I'd take Andy Haliday. He's a winner. 

2 for 2. 

Would take Halliday too, think he'd pair well with Haring. 

Edited by OTT

Bazzas right boot

I'd take Hastie and Haliday, both would improve us. 

Need to be in the to flight surely tho for that to even be a near thing. 

Famous 1874

In other news, Drey Wright formally of St Johnstone has been training with Hibs for the past couple of weeks. After reiterating that they won’t be signing players until their current players wages have been payed back, he won’t (shouldn’t) be officially signing there for a while. 

10 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

Also means we can't play him against them in League or cups whatever division we end up in. The most iniquitous rule in football.

I don’t think it is a rule.   It is usually part of any deal, though.  But yes, I don’t  like it.  

Edited by Paolo

5 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

In other news, Drey Wright formally of St Johnstone has been training with Hibs for the past couple of weeks. After reiterating that they won’t be signing players until their current players wages have been payed back, he won’t (shouldn’t) be officially signing there for a while. 

That's not what they've said though.

letsalldothebeattie

A good talent who would bring a lot to our team but for me in an ideal world I’d really rather not develop Celtic or Rangers talent for them but unfortunately it’s not an ideal world and if it was to happen I’d support the lad while he was with us 

Deans Jambo
11 hours ago, busby1985 said:

Loads of players get hooked at half time, means nothing. Loads of Hearts players have been massive Rangers fans in the past, what’s wrong with that? A “massive” hearts fan currently plays for Rangers, doesn’t seem to bother him. 

Morelos?

7 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

Forgot about him.

Gary Locke
8 hours ago, OTT said:

This is my view. 

He's a young talent, but I don't want to be helping develop players for Rangers. He'd be taking a place that Moore, Henderson or another could. 

By all means loan senior players in like we did Naismith, there was a purpose to that. Developing another clubs kids isn't on especially given we are trying to use our academy as a source of players. 

Not keen at all. Lazy and poor form from Robbie if true. Sends the wrong message to our own kids. 

2 for 2. 

Would take Halliday too, think he'd pair well with Haring. 

He’s much better than Moore and Henderson will probably ever be imo, so would 100% bring him in

Gary Locke
7 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

Replacing Martin Boyle 👀

1 hour ago, KyleLafferty said:

Can’t believe people on this thread wouldn’t take Hastie 😂

Probably the same people who didn't want Gordon either hmmmmm

Ainsley Harriott
14 hours ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

Are Rangers really going to loan us a player when we are effectively in legal proceedings against them?

Rangers voted with us during reconstruction and are keen for us to air the truth about the dodgy vote.

Did he not score 6 goals in 12 games for Motherwell ? He’s proved himself as a premiership player. And if Motherwell are after him and we’re in the championship can’t see him coming to hearts wouldn’t make sense with developing him. 

Special Agent Dale Cooper
14 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Rangers voted with us during reconstruction and are keen for us to air the truth about the dodgy vote.

Indeed, I'm sure they're not too keen to be paying out compensation though, regardless of how they voted...

Edited by Special Agent Dale Cooper

hmfc_liam06
12 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Would also take all 3.

A midfield 5 of Halliday and Docherty with Hastie, Naismith and Walker/Another ain't so bad at all.

Ainsley Harriott
4 minutes ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

Indeed, I'm sure they're not too keen to be paying out compensation though, regardless of how they voted...

For the sake of 200k to prove their theory about the dodgy board I think they would

Famous 1874
4 hours ago, TheBigO said:

That's not what they've said though.

That’s what their players have been told 

Special Agent Dale Cooper
25 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

For the sake of 200k to prove their theory about the dodgy board I think they would

Maybe so.

You have more faith in the ethics of that mob than I do to be fair!

manaliveits105
14 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:
16 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

lets not be .........

erm .... rash

7 hours ago, Space Pirate said:

I see Motherwell are wanting him back as well. 

Surely that would be pretty embarrassing for the boy though, "hey guys, i'm back, couldn't get a game at rangers"

To be honest Rangers-2012 and Glasgow Celtic have form when it comes to taking the best players from other clubs and essentially ruining them. Dundee Utd were a threat while we were in the Championship last time so Celtic acquired most of their best players to weaken them. They eventually got relegated and have struggled ever since. A year ago, Kilmarnock had a very decent squad but it was torn apart by the old firm as usual. The left-back Taylor went to Celtic to sit on their bench and Jordan Jones and (i think) someone else went to Ibrox to make no impact. Their best players. Greg Docherty was excellent for Hamilton but failed at Ibrox, probably through no fault of his own, just wasn't given games. Now we have this Hastie guy. There are probably a few others but off the top of my head, that's plenty to be going on with.

7 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Cheers. That last clip against us, peach.

Looks more than a one trick pony, pops up in all sorts of areas. Has a hint of Neil McCann about him.

I remember waiting for the line-ups that day.  I thought "I hope Levein plays a left-back at left-back (Garuccio) and doesn't play Mulraney at left-back the day or he'll get roasted by Hastie!" Also remember saying we should probably play Dikamona in the centre of defence as they had a couple of physical players upfront for him to battle with, so Levein played Shaughnessy instead. It was a disaster waiting to happen. Just about got away with it until Doyle gifted them the winner.

Edited by jambonian

Hastie is more likely to go to Motherwell in lieu of the next transfer payment due - that;s what happened with O'Halleran and St Johnstone. If we were interested Rangers would want us to pay a large part of his wages - and would/could we?. A loan to a Championship club in England may work better for them. They can't afford players they're still paying for sitting around completely out of Gerrard's plans

Hastie was signed by rangers off the back of a 12 game purple patch, outwith that he's not shown much before or after, it's a no thanks from me tbh

Rick Sanchez

Do Motherwell fans not hate him?

He's certainly no worse than what we've had recently. Does he not like to play on the right and cut in on his left?

Greedy Jambo

What about David Turnbull? He would fit in with our used to be talented but got injured model. 

buzzbomb1958

Don't want loan players from any Scottish club they can stick their players up their arses we will manage on our own without them **** them all,ONLY HEARTS

Hectormasson
23 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

👍all three "  its a yes from me🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

On 01/07/2020 at 20:15, busby1985 said:

Loads of players get hooked at half time, means nothing. Loads of Hearts players have been massive Rangers fans in the past, what’s wrong with that? A “massive” hearts fan currently plays for Rangers, doesn’t seem to bother him. 

Who?

25 minutes ago, maroon said:

Who?

When his contract ends, I’ll share photos of me and him in our hearts tops. 

5 hours ago, maroon said:

Who?

At a guess think he means mcgregor 

Rumoured to be a boyhood jambo. Never really heard him say or do anything that was very favourable for us though.

Outside chance arfield from livingston ?

As an aside re hastie being a poor trainer. Think too much is made of stuff like that. Obviously work ethic is admirable but folk like rudi wasnt a fan of a hard training sesh. Matt le tiss and ledley king werent perfect trainers.... not saying hastie is in this bracket but point being is that its up to the coach to manage situation, your average football fan wont give a toss providing they do the business on the park.

RustyRightPeg

Well that's that then. 

Odds on to rejoin them on a free when his contract expires.