Celtic without a keeper for next season......

Section Q

Forster to stay at Southampton

Fraser Forster won’t return to Celtic.

STV have revealed the Englishman has opted to stay at Southampton and compete for a place.

Forster was set to return on another loan deal with an option to buy but now Neil Lennon will require to look elsewhere.

but, but, but......they have got Joe Hart on their radar.

Only problem with the above, Joe tends not to have the ball on his radar.

Might raid Wigan for David Marshall.....if he plays for them from memory!

Did anyone actually expect him to drop wages from £90k to ......about £20k week? Seriously. I know money isn’t everything but think I could miss being £2m short per year 

They’ve made a colossal ^^^^ of things in the goalkeeper front. Even though Gordon never played last year he was still in the top 3 goalkeepers in the league. They pissed him about and paid the price. Glorious.

going for 10 IAR with Scott Bain as your number 1 . . ( insert Monty gif)

There must have been more going on behind the scenes with Gordon and Celtic or maybe Lennon just didn't fancy him as other than Forster who is a very good keeper and should probably have had more England caps, the other keepers that they have brought in during Gordon's time there were all pretty average to poor but Gordon was dropped on several occasions to give them all a chance as the number one. 

August Landmesser
1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

Ive a feeling thats 9.79 ira in serious doubt now

:tlj:

Maybe they will get the SFA to change the rules for when we pick up on last season's scottish cup. As craig played for them he should be available for them again in the semi and the final.

We should beat hibs. Then we have to play them in the final and gordon has to play for them for 2 games. That would be an impressive game,  5 own goals for Craig Gordon.

AGoodLaugh

They have Scott Bain. Don't get me wrong Forster is a much better keeper, but Bain was their number one the season before last and it didn't seem to do them much harm. I don't think it's going to cause them too many problems. 

4 minutes ago, AGoodLaugh said:

They have Scott Bain. Don't get me wrong Forster is a much better keeper, but Bain was their number one the season before last and it didn't seem to do them much harm. I don't think it's going to cause them too many problems. 

Craig was the number one the season before but after Celtic got beat of Rangers at new year (Where Gordon had a worldly) Rodgers had to be seen to make a change. He gave Bain a shot and they went on a long unbeaten run. That along with Craig being injured meant he stayed in.

Make no mistake about it though, Bain is a massive downgrade or Gordon and Forster. He’ll be fine against shite like Hamilton etc but they know he won’t do for bigger games and Europe. 

I reckon Celtic tried to get him on loan again for pennies and for Southampton to pay a big percentage of his wage again. Where as Southampton have probably looked at his loan last season as a chance to stick him in the shop window and know there will be EPL clubs or, clubs abroad that can pay the fee and take him off their hands. 

Celtic will have haemorrhaged money during this lockdown more than anyone. I think they are sailing close to the wind. 

2 hours ago, Boghell51 said:

Perriera is available along 

Think of the shirts they could sell if they signed Pere IRA.

19 minutes ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

I heard they are interested in Pereira🙈

I do hope that's true.

Gulf Jambo

They let McLaughlin go to Gers as well without thinking about him. 

Not the best keeper in the world but a damn sight better than Bain thats for sure

Pasquale for King

Hopefully Joe Hart as he’s ****ing useless. Marshall is likely to be on their radar with Wigan in Administration.

Bazzas right boot

Hart is the most over rated goalie ever in the modern game. 

Caps, played for top teams but really poor, guyd done well tbh. 

Hopefully he dors sign, sort of gk that will chuck one in now and then. 

Jambo 4 Ever
3 hours ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

Where did you hear that?

Offered Gordon 80% drop in wages to resign. Pricks. 
they’ll probably just get the SPFL to change the rules so that there should be no goalkeepers for every team. Start with only 10 outfield players. Doncaster will lap it up before he feks off to UEFA

10 hours ago, Cruyff said:

I reckon Celtic tried to get him on loan again for pennies and for Southampton to pay a big percentage of his wage again. Where as Southampton have probably looked at his loan last season as a chance to stick him in the shop window and know there will be EPL clubs or, clubs abroad that can pay the fee and take him off their hands. 

Celtic will have haemorrhaged money during this lockdown more than anyone. I think they are sailing close to the wind. 

I sat with an agent, who’s parent company look after Forster, at a European match at Ibrox late last year. I shared the story on here cause he had been up in Scotland, not only to take in the European game in which his player was playing but to try and sign Hickey to his book. We spoke about loads of moves and if anything interesting was happening anywhere. He told me that Forster was on about 63k a week at Southampton and that Celtic where paying him only 11k a week as that’s all they could afford. He said that Celtic would be in this position eventually as they couldn’t afford the fee for Forster and Gordon wanted out. Satisfying to see it play out. 

He also said, at the time that, he was trying to sign Hickey to his book because the deal with Man City was pretty much done and that Hickey’s dad, against Levein’s advice, had started the search for an agent. He never signed Hickey but the Man City rumour has surfaced again. Be interesting to see how that pans out as well. 

TyphoonJambo

Watch this space for rule change to allow  "goalie and" rule. Only in spfl and when celtic are playing mind 

Midloth_Iain

If only Gordon had waited a bit longer. He might have been offered an extra £250 a week ...... 😂

part_time_jambo
18 hours ago, DS98 said:

Craig was the number one the season before but after Celtic got beat of Rangers at new year (Where Gordon had a worldly) Rodgers had to be seen to make a change. He gave Bain a shot and they went on a long unbeaten run. That along with Craig being injured meant he stayed in.

Make no mistake about it though, Bain is a massive downgrade or Gordon and Forster. He’ll be fine against shite like Hamilton etc but they know he won’t do for bigger games and Europe. 

Are shots from Hamilton strikers easier to save than those from Messi for example?

14 minutes ago, part_time_jambo said:

Are shots from Hamilton strikers easier to save than those from Messi for example?

Yes

Horatio Caine
12 hours ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

Yeah, after he played so well for them the last time we visited Darkheid.

56 minutes ago, part_time_jambo said:

Was that a serious question?

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, Alan_R said:

Thought they were going for Joe Hart?

"Sensational move " for Hart, according to the rags

10 hours ago, busby1985 said:

I sat with an agent, who’s parent company look after Forster, at a European match at Ibrox late last year. I shared the story on here cause he had been up in Scotland, not only to take in the European game in which his player was playing but to try and sign Hickey to his book. We spoke about loads of moves and if anything interesting was happening anywhere. He told me that Forster was on about 63k a week at Southampton and that Celtic where paying him only 11k a week as that’s all they could afford. He said that Celtic would be in this position eventually as they couldn’t afford the fee for Forster and Gordon wanted out. Satisfying to see it play out. 

He also said, at the time that, he was trying to sign Hickey to his book because the deal with Man City was pretty much done and that Hickey’s dad, against Levein’s advice, had started the search for an agent. He never signed Hickey but the Man City rumour has surfaced again. Be interesting to see how that pans out as well. 

That doesn't surprise me. 

I can see the same thing happening with Elyounoussi. 

jamboinglasgow

Ross county have agreed a loan deal for Ross Dohan who at the moment is Celtic's third choice keeper (behind Bain and 22 year old Conor Hazard) but they cant let him go till a new goalkeeper comes in. 

part_time_jambo

4 hours ago, part_time_jambo said:

3 hours ago, DS98 said:

Was that a serious question?

4 hours ago, davie1980 said:

Yes

Not asking if Hamilton strikers are as good as Messi, but a shot to the top corner is still the same and as difficult to save no matter who hits it.

Messi probably not the best example to use though.

13 minutes ago, part_time_jambo said:

Not asking if Hamilton strikers are as good as Messi, but a shot to the top corner is still the same and as difficult to save no matter who hits it.

Messi probably not the best example to use though.

Granted. My point was that in run of the mill games, the Celtic goalkeeper will have 1 or 2 saves to make at most. A lot of the time they will gain clean sheets without having faced a single shot on target. 

Bain will be fine for those games. However in bigger games e.g semi finals, finals, Old firm games and Europe he’s substandard. He’s not in the same league as Gordon or Forster.

Talking of  Hamilton:

3 signings made.  That is the most highlighted one.  All the best to him from me.

Ross Callachan, (26), Joins us from Perth side St Johnstone. Callachan  also made 129 appearances for Raith Rovers, with spells at Hearts and Dundee, earlier this year,  also. The midfielder excelled in Schools football in Edinburgh as a youth.

Edited by HMFC01

I wouldn’t be surprised if Forster went to Chelsea as there keeper

Looks nothing special considering the fee they paid