Wigan go into administration

CJGJ

Hectormasson
1 hour ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

I think trhe championship has called it right, I dont think that Wigan will be alone and as such might end up staying up on points already won,  so as they are net bottom, there might be 3 others in the same boat, so no real punishment

If Bolton could nearly go ,,, they are a bigger club than Wigan?  I'm sure there will be a lot more sadly?

Hagar the Horrible
1 minute ago, Hectormasson said:

If Bolton could nearly go ,,, they are a bigger club than Wigan?  I'm sure there will be a lot more sadly?

Wigan have gone 2 payroll submissions since having the players off furlough, there must be a good few doing the same, who will survive a third payday?

The Gorgie

Never really liked them, empty soulless stadium every other week. Guess being within a stone throw of Manchester doesn't help their fan base. Fair play for that FA cup win few years back tho. 

Hectormasson
4 hours ago, Mr 3 Putt said:

Never really liked them, empty soulless stadium every other week. Guess being within a stone throw of Manchester doesn't help their fan base. Fair play for that FA cup win few years back tho. 

Fantastic achievement is up there  with wins like Sunderland & Wimbledon in fa cup, truly brilliant....👏👏👏👏👏atb Wigan and good luck......

7 hours ago, SM Sheffield said:

Wigan were taken over what 3-4 months ago? Makes a mockery of the fit and proper leadership test the football league do.

I've heard Bristol City are in trouble too. There could be a few of these events happening soon

I would doubt the Bristol City scenario given their owner,,..according to the times rich list 2019 he is worth £1.72 billion

Pasquale for King
8 hours ago, Anderson5 said:

Can someone confirm which way Wigan voted before I decide whether to dance on their grave or not?

Lisa Nandy Labour since 2010,voted to leave EU. Dave Whelan is a big Thatcher fan and Tory donor.

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King

I have mates down there, went to a game maybe 12-15 years ago. It was weird seeing guys with pints and having them too. Pie fell apart. It was a foggy day and Portsmouth had only one white player in Richard Hughes, they wore an all black strip. There was a deep intake of breath when ten black guys walked out of the mist, I don’t think they’d ever seen that many at the same time. I got dirty looks for shouting at Lee McCulloch after a minute, he was their best player 😃. Ryan Taylor shelled It to him all day, Taylor win the game with a free kick. It was an awful game but had four pints 😂
**** them, for Webster.

Pasquale for King

Rugby league team will be affected to as they’ve got no cash to help, football owns the ground.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
13 hours ago, CJGJ said:

I would doubt the Bristol City scenario given their owner,,..according to the times rich list 2019 he is worth £1.72 billion

Yes one of the owners of Hargreaves Lansdown. He's also a Bristol City fan, they'll be fine.

No longer active

C’mon Anne buy them for £1 and do a Wimbledon/MK Dons with them moving their set up to Edinburgh. Let’s call them Heart of Midlothian Wanderers obviously dropping the Wanderers bit after 1 season and there we have it. Hearts in either the Championship or League 1 and send the Vicky’s up to the SPFL

Hagar the Horrible

as GC said Buy Wigan for a £1  sell the stadium to the Rugby League club....  Tidy proffit?  Call ourselves Heart of Wigan Athletic for a season, play a few games down there, to show face, and just return as Heart of Midlothian as a Champioship side as george said?

Hypathetically is that a thing, could that be legal?

Huddersfield still think that there will be a mass cull

23 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

as GC said Buy Wigan for a £1  sell the stadium to the Rugby League club....  Tidy proffit?  Call ourselves Heart of Wigan Athletic for a season, play a few games down there, to show face, and just return as Heart of Midlothian as a Champioship side as george said?

What is the average crowds for the rugby team.

12 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Lisa Nandy Labour since 2010,voted to leave EU. Dave Whelan is a big Thatcher fan and Tory donor.

She's cute. I'd vote for her. 

Nandy-20141210120015766.jpg.47f0a4ec4f1e757bbc2a5c0e590878f0.jpg

Hagar the Horrible
1 hour ago, benny said:

I think it was Bradford bulls via sale and it was sold out at muddyfield  RL games are bigger than the football

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, martoon said:

She's cute. I'd vote for her. 

Nandy-20141210120015766.jpg.47f0a4ec4f1e757bbc2a5c0e590878f0.jpg

I think she’s a bit of a loony, wants to Nuke everyone. She is cute though.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

They don’t have any money to buy the stadium, RL got a loan from the U.K. government to stay afloat. 

Bull's-eye

Good time for clubs and a lot of businesses to offload debt and clear out the deadwood with the minimum of fuss, surprised more clubs havent gone down this route. 

merseyjambo
2 hours ago, benny said:

Average gate for the pie munchers is over 10000. They are very fickle following their club for a team which by RL standards are successful and gates do drop quite A lot when they are having a poor season by their standards.

Wigan is a RL town. Also suffers from the fact is has the bigger clubs of Manchester and in particular Liverpool on their doorstep. Lot of people I know at Work from Wigan area are Liverpool or Everton fans. 

Its not so long ago the football team were playing at Springfield Park Playing in division 4 in front of 2/3k fans and RL club were at Central Park. 

Been to both footy and RL at Wigan and there is definitely more of an atmosphere at RL. The football unless it is a big game is quite weird and the pitch in Feb/March/April is awful when both sports are being played on it. 

4 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

Average gate for the pie munchers is over 10000. They are very fickle following their club for a team which by RL standards are successful and gates do drop quite A lot when they are having a poor season by their standards.

Wigan is a RL town. Also suffers from the fact is has the bigger clubs of Manchester and in particular Liverpool on their doorstep. Lot of people I know at Work from Wigan area are Liverpool or Everton fans. 

Its not so long ago the football team were playing at Springfield Park Playing in division 4 in front of 2/3k fans and RL club were at Central Park. 

Been to both footy and RL at Wigan and there is definitely more of an atmosphere at RL. The football unless it is a big game is quite weird and the pitch in Feb/March/April is awful when both sports are being played on it. 

Looks like both have roundabout the same average attendance.

It's a crazy story if true.

Make bet on a certain club being relegated. Buy that club. Pull their funding, forcing admin and points deduction, almost ensuring relegation.

:scenes:

1 minute ago, Cade said:

Make bet on a certain club being relegated. Buy that club. Pull their funding, forcing admin and points deduction, almost ensuring relegation.

:wtf:

Holy shit!! 

1 hour ago, Cade said:

Mmm, I wonder how much Ron would accept to sell the vermin?

Heartsmad1874

Rick Parry, EFL chairman saying the owners are rumoured to have a bet on their relegation :lol: and now they have had an upturn in form have plumped them into Admin.

Edited by Heartsmad1874

Heartsmad1874

If any posters have the time read through this, what a scandal! The EFL check can’t be fit for purpose after this :lol: 

30 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

If any posters have the time read through this, what a scandal! The EFL check can’t be fit for purpose after this :lol: 

:wow: that is absolutely mental.

You know what the EFL should do. Not sanction Wigan for going into Admin and if they escape, then that boys losing a fortune. Wigan might still be in the shit but Dave Whelan might be able to save them with a CVA and that wee shite Royale will be off to the big hoose. 

Unknown user
7 hours ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Bloody hell!! 

Can't wait for the film!

Heartsmad1874

One of the administrators on Talksport, nobody funding the administration is worrying news for Wigan. 

1 hour ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

One of the administrators on Talksport, nobody funding the administration is worrying news for Wigan. 

They're absolutely rubber ducked if no one is stepping in. May as well start a new club now and make a bid for their membership and assets. 

Pasquale for King
On 02/07/2020 at 00:48, Pasquale for King said:

Rugby league team will be affected to as they’ve got no cash to help, football owns the ground.

Got that wrong, Warriors now want to buy the football club. Strange that they got a loan from the U.K. government a few months back along with all the other top clubs.

Samuel Camazzola
4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Half time

Wigan 7 Hull 0 

That 12 point deduction looks like it won't relegate them. 

Crazy score. Have to aim for 10.

8 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Half time

Wigan 7 Hull 0 

That 12 point deduction looks like it won't relegate them. 

I don't think they can go down with the deduction anyway. If the betting scandal is true, the folk behind it have made an absolute Ethan Hunt of it.

The 12 point deduction only applies this season if it doesn't leave Wigan in the bottom 3. If it does, then they start on -12 next season instead.

3 minutes ago, Locky said:

I don't think they can go down with the deduction anyway. If the betting scandal is true, the folk behind it have made an absolute Ethan Hunt of it.

The 12 point deduction only applies this season if it doesn't leave Wigan in the bottom 3. If it does, then they start on -12 next season instead.

Relief all round in FA if Wigan avoid relegation.

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Relief all round in FA if Wigan avoid relegation.

The Wigan saga has really made the fit and proper persons test look like an absolute sham. Which we all suspected anyway of course.

19 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

8-0

the goal bonuses from tonight could liquidate them haha