Mafia Get out of Lockdown

yvonnejambo

Aye I was probably gonna vote Stuart and get him lynched a day earlier before Vlad's late post about his votes!

Curious why Vlad didn't say he was the serial killer (well hint at it) when it came down to him v Stuart in that lynch though, might have saved him!

Edit: Nice shooting though! Undoubtedly the only reason we won that game! 👍

Thanks again Yvonne :)

Edited by Simo

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Boof

• iantjambo

• yvonnejambo

• Rudi Skacel

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks @yvonnejambo

I really enjoyed the group game. First time I’ve played a game like this.

Being a gossip was bloody challenging though. Having 3 cops in play may sound like a dream. But when you’ve got two players in play that are immune to their first investigation, it makes it bloody difficult.

Rudi Skacel

For what its worth, i was bored with the day one nonsense so just tried to pick a fight with someone. The strop was also real. I went to edit my post but it had already been seen. I just felt dead people were ruining things which was a pain

1 minute ago, Rudi Skacel said:

For what its worth, i was bored with the day one nonsense so just tried to pick a fight with someone. The strop was also real. I went to edit my post but it had already been seen. I just felt dead people were ruining things which was a pain

your “resignation” from the game threw us a bit. We investigated you on that night and you obviously came back as good. You then “resigned”’and said your role as a townie.

You then reappeared the next day and started voting again. It had us thinking that you were playing some goon game and so we re-investigated you (we were going to go for Dunks). You came back as good though.

My honest opinion though, is that you should’ve been modkilled at that point. Absolutely no offence attended, but I felt it hindered us when we already had a challenge on our hands.

2x3 goons and the need to double investigate everyone would have made things very difficult for the town - especially if the SK had been a bit off with his aim.

Maybe a refinement (if needed) could be the goon chief could get an immunity card and they'd have to play it on a night of their choice and hope that's the night the Cop strikes. Very difficult for them to get it right, of course, but the doublers could have been a killer for the town.

Think I did reasonably okay (for me) at spotting good guys this time. Maybe relying on others' spots...

Bunny Munro
3 minutes ago, Boof said:

2x3 goons and the need to double investigate everyone would have made things very difficult for the town - especially if the SK had been a bit off with his aim.

Maybe a refinement (if needed) could be the goon chief could get an immunity card and they'd have to play it on a night of their choice and hope that's the night the Cop strikes. Very difficult for them to get it right, of course, but the doublers could have been a killer for the town.

Think I did reasonably okay (for me) at spotting good guys this time. Maybe relying on others' spots...

You picked up on me and Stuart right from the start. Part of the reason that we killed you when we did as we knew you had to be dead before Stuart was confirmed as a goon or you'd jump onto me. Stuart was on the ropes for a few days so we took you our before we really had to.

2 minutes ago, Boof said:

The goon leaders getting immunity from their first investigation made it extremely hard.

We had 5 investigations and only investigated 3 players. 

13 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

The goon leaders getting immunity from their first investigation made it extremely hard.

We had 5 investigations and only investigated 3 players. 

Must have had 6 investigations as Dawn, Rudi and Sean all got confirmed good x 2

Agreed on the point though. Not sure what the optimal strategy is in a scenario like that but really difficult when it's so hard to build a trust list

6 minutes ago, Simo said:

Must have had 6 investigations as Dawn, Rudi and Sean all got confirmed good x 2

Agreed on the point though. Not sure what the optimal strategy is in a scenario like that but really difficult when it's so hard to build a trust list

We investigated Dawn on night one. He got lynched on day 2. We were going to re-investigate him though.

6 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

We investigated Dawn on night one. He got lynched on day 2. We were going to re-investigate him though.

Can't remember but did you push to try to save him?

On another note - what about Smack's age-estimates? 

Still chuckling at Milky's indignance :lol: 

1 minute ago, Boof said:

Can't remember but did you push to try to save him?

No, we had no reason to. To be honest, the lynch on him was pretty brutal. He was pretty much beyond saving.

7 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

😆 this was my forth game and the first where I wasn't either the cop or a mason, the new format threw me, plus, I've been busy as hell for the last week and tried to play with just skim reading what ws going on, I did say I was just a townie and did say "we" the good guys were doomed when we lost the doc, this seemed to throw some for whatever reason and a lot read far too much into it.

2 minutes ago, Boof said:

He got close enough not to insult me too much :rofl:

15 minutes ago, Boof said:

Got a few decent reactions 😁

Good game everyone, I'd make a tapestry of it if I could.

Vlad's shooting on night 1/day 2 will go down in folklore. 

Great setup and must have been do difficult to strike the right balance, so thanks Yvonne!

yvonnejambo

I did laugh Boofs day 1 townie counts and in equal measures at the group chats 😁

These games no matter what format rely on a lot of luck with a little bit of skill regardless of role and game format. 

I was hoping to do 4 teams of 5 players, which was the game in the link on the sign up thread. 

it means everyone has a team, but still needs patience and a bit of luck and a plan to win. 

Anyway I’m glad most of you enjoyed this one 😁

yvonnejambo
6 hours ago, Smack said:

Got a few decent reactions 😁

Good game everyone, I'd make a tapestry of it if I could.

Vlad's shooting on night 1/day 2 will go down in folklore. 

Great setup and must have been do difficult to strike the right balance, so thanks Yvonne!

So what age is everyone? My son is 27, In my head I’m about the same age but I’m really 5-1 😆

AlimOzturk

1st game and I enjoyed it. Learnt what I needed for a proper shot next time 👍

Great game folks, got a bit tense at the end there but happy being fully 100% vindicated in my voting intentions throughout the game

5 minutes ago, Groot said:

Great game folks, got a bit tense at the end there but happy being fully 100% vindicated in my voting intentions throughout the game

Vlad being revealed as the serial killer really threw us. We were almost convinced that was you.

Your vote for Marvin on day 1 is what convinced us to lynch Stuart. When he was revealed to be a party goer, the smart money had to go on Bunny being the last goon. 

1 hour ago, iantjambo said:

Vlad being revealed as the serial killer really threw us. We were almost convinced that was you.

Your vote for Marvin on day 1 is what convinced us to lynch Stuart. When he was revealed to be a party goer, the smart money had to go on Bunny being the last goon. 

I was also convinced groot was the serial killer!

Great game to watch from the sides, cheers Yvonne!

Stuart McNeill

Great game! Took me a while to get my head around what was going on but got there eventually. 

I feel I lived about 2 days longer than I should have tbf. Vlad kept digging himself a hole and saved me 😂

Thanks Yvonne and well done town! 

4 hours ago, yvonnejambo said:

So what age is everyone? My son is 27, In my head I’m about the same age but I’m really 5-1 😆

As a sprightly 74 year-old Smack got close. Close in that, yes, it's a 2-digit number :lol: 

I do remember the 70s...

Closer to 47 than 74 - and will be for the next 4 years.

4 hours ago, yvonnejambo said:

I plead the 5th (decade)

2 hours ago, milky_26 said:

I'm not bloody 43

42 1/2?

Right then, who was what?

Player list

1 Stuart McNeill

2 Boof - vanilla townie Lynched Day ? I've no idea :lol: 

3 Dr Sheldon Cooper - Boris bunch (Matt Hardcock) Serial Killer victim 3

4 Vlad Magic

5 Simo

6 Milky - Head gossip Goon kill night 2

7 Dawnrazor - vanilla townie Lynched Day 2

8 Shapes - vanilla townie Goon kill night 1

9 Bunny Munro

10 Alim Ozturk- Boris bunch (Priti Deid) Serial Killer victim 2

11 Smack- Doc Lynched Day 1

12 JamboSean

13 Marvin - party-goer Serial Killer victim 1

14 Groot

15 Ian

19 Dunks

20 Rudi Skacel

Bunny Munro
1 minute ago, Boof said:

Player list

1 Stuart McNeill

4 Vlad Magic

5 Simo

9 Bunny Munro head party goer aged 29

12 JamboSean

14 Groot

15 Ian

19 Dunks

20 Rudi Skacel

yvonnejambo
1 hour ago, Smack said:

img012.thumb.jpg.d28f1ad5168cfcdcc6b09d89a4900526.jpg

Should use this to explain a mafia game 😁

Party goers - why me on the first night? I had a theory that it was because I was quiet (work) and you thought I might have been roled. Or maybe just because I'm a loud mouth that would have caused issues for you 😂😂

2 hours ago, Boof said:

Player list

1 Stuart McNeill

4 Vlad Magic

5 Simo gossip

9 Bunny Munro

12 JamboSean

14 Groot

15 Ian Gossip

19 Dunks

20 Rudi Skacel

AlimOzturk
4 hours ago, Stuart McNeill said:

Great game! Took me a while to get my head around what was going on but got there eventually. 

I feel I lived about 2 days longer than I should have tbf. Vlad kept digging himself a hole and saved me 😂

Thanks Yvonne and well done town! 

I was convinced you were the serial killer. I wasn't convinced by your sympathy at the time 🙈😂

Stuart McNeill
13 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

I was convinced you were the serial killer. I wasn't convinced by your sympathy at the time 🙈😂

Early game its pretty much all guesswork tbh..  

Hahaha, I thought you were a baddy tbf 

Bunny Munro
2 hours ago, Shapes said:

Party goers - why me on the first night? I had a theory that it was because I was quiet (work) and you thought I might have been roled. Or maybe just because I'm a loud mouth that would have caused issues for you 😂😂

It was the latter 😂

Vlad Magic
55 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

@Vlad Magic What made you take me out? 

Putting Smack up along with Alim.

If only you had done that it would have gone unnoticed.

The fact you both did made it stand out.

It was only when I saw Sheldon had also put Smack up I thought “ang on” so he was the 3rd.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Thanks Yvonne for the game, a new format for me and it took a bit of getting used to but good fun all the same.

For the record, the votes for Smack were absolutely not tactical. I normally don't make crucial votes on day 1 unless I'm particularly suspicious of somebody. My vote for Smack was a continuation of that and also a bit of banter regarding the age thing.

Unfortunately Alim unexpectedly followed my lead. I was watching the football at the time and when I came back on to the thread it had already passed the 9pm deadline and Marvin had (rightly) tried to save himself but unfortunately it made Alim and I look dodgy.

Apologies if I said anything to "upset" the game as that genuinely wasn't my intention. I didn't mean to throw people off scent with the Dawnrazor stuff either.

Looking forward to the next one 👍

Edited by Dr. Sheldon Cooper

AlimOzturk
1 minute ago, Dr. Sheldon Cooper said:

Thanks Yvonne for the game, a new format for me and it took a bit of getting used to but good fun all the same.

For the record, the votes for Smack were absolutely not tactical. I normally don't make crucial votes on day 1 unless I'm particularly suspicious of somebody. My vote for Smack was a continuation of that and also a bit of banter regarding the age thing.

Unfortunately Alim unexpectedly followed my lead. I was watching the football at the time and when I came back on to the thread it had already passed the 9pm deadline and Marvin had (rightly) tried to save himself but unfortunately it made Alim and I look dodgy.

Apologies if I said anything to "upset" the game as that genuinely wasn't my intention. I didn't mean to throw people off scent with the Dawnrazor stuff either.

Looking forward to the next one 👍

Inexperience on my part. I should have went a different way but we live and learn. 

Can't wait for the next game 👍

12 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Should have kept shtoom 🤣🤣

You still ultimately won us the game. But by god you came close to undoing all that good work :lol:

Vlad Magic
7 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

You still ultimately won us the game. But by god you came close to undoing all that good work :lol:

“That” post was due to me using my phone. It’s near impossible to go through every post and work out who voted, changed, voted again.

Thats my excuse and I am sticking to it.

3 bullets. 3 kills. Chick chick chick de Booooooom mofos 🤣

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
2 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Inexperience on my part. I should have went a different way but we live and learn. 

Can't wait for the next game 👍

Takes a few games to find your feet 👍

1 hour ago, Vlad Magic said:

3 bullets. 3 kills. Chick chick chick de Booooooom mofos 🤣

Let's face it - that's never gonna be beaten unless someone does that then has the casting vote on every other goon in the game. :lol: