Mafia Get out of Lockdown

yvonnejambo

yvonnejambo

So as we slowly come out of lockdown, we have our towns people abiding to rules and trying to keep their town safe. Can it stay that way?

The Party goers enjoy breaking all the rules and party hard with others with no social distancing! They don’t like those who are sticking by the rules and those who won’t party with them will be killed off. 
The Boris group believe in herd immunity and want to kill off those who are weak or vulnerable. 
Can the town overcome those groups and see the town being safe again? 

The town is made up of;

Party goers (3)  A party organiser and 2 of his/her party goers. The Party organiser will appear innocent in first investigation, after that will show as party member 

The team decide their targets together and the PO then sends me the name of the target if the PO dies any remaining members can send me a name that has been decided. The PO get to kill every second night.

Boris and fans (3) 

The Leader Boris  will appear innocent in first investigation, after that will show as a member of Boris group

The team decide their targets together and Boris then sends me the name of the target if Boris  dies any remaining members can send me a name that has been decided 

The Boris group get to kill every alternate night from Party goers 

Gossips (3)  These curtain twitchers spend all there time chatting to each other by FaceTime and suspect just about everyone! At least though one of them has got a wee bit sense and does actually follow someone about during the night period to see what he or she is up to. This gossip sends me the name of the person they wish to investigate and I will PM back the result. He/She can then share it with the fellow gossips.

The Doctor each night gets to protect someone they sense may be in danger. 

Serial killing- This person has a gripe with the world and even though is a townie, can quite easy just shoot an innocent townie. The SK has 3 bullets to take out whomever during the game. 

Townies - 6 innocent people who want to get rid of the party animals and Boris fans

The Rules

Please post votes and unvotes in bold e.g. vote Covid unvote Covid

If you don't your vote will not be counted.

You can bluff or lie about your role, but if you come out right and say you are the doctor or gossip etc you will be mod killed

A lynch will happen when there is enough votes for the same person or a deadline has been reached. If deadline is reached but not enough numbers have voted the same person, the person with the highest amount of votes at that time will be lynched.

Only players who have a team role are allowed to PM other players in their group about the game.  If you have any questions about the general rules post them on the thread, if you have a question about your role PM me and I'll try my best to explain it.

No speculation is permitted on the thread during the night period, just the usual sorry I?ve killed townie type stuff

Ghosts can post but if they say vote someone off or unsubtly hint for someone to be voted off, 

To win the town need to get rid of party goers and Boris group. Party goers or Boris group can win if they take other group out and have at least 1 remaining member if there are head to head with a townie left at the end.

PMs getting sent out now 

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Boof

• iantjambo

• yvonnejambo

• Rudi Skacel

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yvonnejambo

Player list

1 Stuart McNeill

2 Boof

3 Dr Sheldon Cooper

4 Vlad Magic

5 Simo

6 Milky

7 Dawnrazor

8 Shapes

9 Bunny Munro

10 Alim Ozturk

11 Smack

12 JamboSean

13 Marvin

14 Groot

15 Ian

19 Dunks

20 Rudi Skacel

Morning all, this looks like a laugh. Shame I'm just a Townie :( Had I been a town gossip then BS would be used. Loads of time to vote so will do so a little later on.

jambosean75

is it just the one gossip that can investigate or if he/she is knocked off can the other gossips still investigate?

1 minute ago, jambosean75 said:

having had a quick check of the rules

vote jambosean75

@yvonnejambo Can we put a stop to this please. Feck it. Vote sean.

is it just the one gossip that can investigate or if he/she is knocked off can the other gossips still investigate?

I think the gossips can nominate as a group someone to investigate, with one making the final decision and PM'ing Yvonne. 

yvonnejambo
2 minutes ago, jambosean75 said:

Just the main gossip can investigate then tell the others, but if the head gossip gets bumped off whoever is left can take on that role. Oh and no voting yourself! 

Morning all.

All for BS. Against self-voting.

Vote jambosean75

Early lynch would be great :D

1 minute ago, yvonnejambo said:

Just the main gossip can investigate then tell the others, but if the head gossip gets bumped off whoever is left can take on that role. Oh and no voting yourself! 

Good to hear! Nothing against Sean just think it spoils the integrity of the game if we start voting for ourselves. Even though I thought it was funny when Shapes did it in the last game.

9 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Shame I'm just a Townie :( Had I been a town gossip then BS would be used. 

4 minutes ago, Groot said:

Townie for as nice change

Just now, iantjambo said:

Just a townie again. But would use BS if I could but I can’t.

Me too. (a) for being a townie (thank **** - being roled is too stressful!) and (b) for stating that I'd use BS but can't.

That's 4 decent players. If (and that's a big if) you're all telling the truth we could form a nice little townie-esque alliance. 

Fancy meeting up in my beer garden for a socially distant pint?

1 minute ago, Boof said:

Me too. (a) for being a townie (thank **** - being roled is too stressful!) and (b) for stating that I'd use BS but can't.

That's 4 decent players. If (and that's a big if) you're all telling the truth we could form a nice little townie-esque alliance. 

Fancy meeting up in my beer garden for a socially distant pint?

I’ll be staying in the safety of my own home thank you very much.

Your pub would certainly benefit from some party goers though, wouldn’t it Boof? 🤔

If @Boof your buying then I'll be happy to join you. Even in lockdown, I am still spending more money than normal. How the feck is that possible? Anyway, just a G&T for me please. 

1 Stuart McNeill

2 Boof BS

3 Dr Sheldon Cooper

4 Vlad Magic

5 Simo

6 Milky

7 Dawnrazor

8 Shapes

9 Bunny Munro

10 Alim Ozturk

11 Smack

12 JamboSean

13 Marvin BS

14 Groot

15 Ian BS

19 Dunks BS

20 Rudi Skacel

That's all the confirmed BSers so far. 

Hold on - do we need BS? Are the gossips all communicatory already? i.e. is the head gossip effectively the Cop and we'll have a Cop as long as we have at least one gossip? That sounds a good plan.

yvonnejambo
3 minutes ago, Boof said:

1 Stuart McNeill

2 Boof BS

3 Dr Sheldon Cooper

4 Vlad Magic

5 Simo

6 Milky

7 Dawnrazor

8 Shapes

9 Bunny Munro

10 Alim Ozturk

11 Smack

12 JamboSean

13 Marvin BS

14 Groot

15 Ian BS

19 Dunks BS

20 Rudi Skacel

That's all the confirmed BSers so far. 

Hold on - do we need BS? Are the gossips all communicatory already? i.e. is the head gossip effectively the Cop and we'll have a Cop as long as we have at least one gossip? That sounds a good plan.

Yes the gossips communicate with each other. 

2 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

I’ll be staying in the safety of my own home thank you very much.

Your pub would certainly benefit from some party goers though, wouldn’t it Boof? 🤔

I'm sure it would...since there aren't any in it just now. Then I'd be able to tell the town who to look out for...or if a gossip could tap into my CCTV they'd be able to see who was visiting.

I have a theory that could help identify goons...but I'm going to leave posting it until just before deadline.

Just now, yvonnejambo said:

Yes the gossips communicate with each other. 

Aha! BS oot the window.

One more thing to thwart potentially vital information getting to the goons - I'm liking this set-up more and more.

Having said that - IF BS does get used...and IF the gossip leader ever does get deidified...depending upon how Yvonne announces the investigation result (if she does)...the rest of the town could use that information later...

14 minutes ago, Marvin said:

If @Boof your buying then I'll be happy to join you. Even in lockdown, I am still spending more money than normal. How the feck is that possible? Anyway, just a G&T for me please. 

First one on the house.

Lovely with Fever Tree Indian Tonic water...

Shetland Reel Gin (70cl) Quality Gin at Taste Fine Wines

44 minutes ago, yvonnejambo said:

All pms are sent out apart from @Dawnrazoras mail box full

First deadline 9pm tomorrow night 

Emptied my inbox just now👍

3 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

boof where are your social distancing markings? you are not properly setup for a socially distanced pint

Apologies for my laissez-faire attitude to markings. I just drew lines in the sand...but the wind covered 'em up.

@AlimOzturk - this is your first game, innit?

All you need to do is wade through the oceans of spraff and try to decide who looks guilty of being either a Party Goer or an arseholeTory or a Boris-devotee. Unless you ARE one of them in which case you'll have cronies to hold your hand.

You'll need to post something or risk modkilling which, if you're on the side of good, is bad for the town as we need as many folk as we can to keep our end up.

And you'll need to vote for someone. As a roleless townie it's hard. You might vote for someone especially good which will then make you look like a bad guy to them and they could make life tricky for you.

Lots of people do the 'Ach I always vote for player X on day 1 s there's nothing to go on'.

I find that a convenient way for goons to hide as they can 'forget' to unvote if one of their kind looks under threat or generally get a vote in without much of a reason.

You don't need to have a reason to vote - lots of players will just do something like

Vote Player

and offer no explanation.

That's perfectly within their right but I like to try and give a reason for voting.

Just a townie so can't use BS but I am "arsehole tory"😅

4th game and first time I haven't had a role, a more relaxing game for me!

Point of order, @yvonnejambo

1 hour ago, yvonnejambo said:

Boris and fans (3) 

The Leader Boris  will appear innocent in first investigation, after that will show as a member of Boris group

The team decide their targets together and Boris then sends me the name of the target if Boris  dies any remaining members can send me a name that has been decided 

The Boris group get to kill every alternate night from Party goers 

That mop-headed arsehole isn't innocent of anything.

2 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Just a townie so can't use BS but I am "arsehole tory"😅

4th game and first time I haven't had a role, a more relaxing game for me!

5 townies now...what's the chances of that? :lol: 

Vlad Magic

After my quite frankly pathetic performance last game as assassin I can relax into a familiar and less stressful role as a simple townie.

2 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

After my quite frankly pathetic performance last game as assassin I can relax into a familiar and less stressful role as a simple townie.

Yay! The 6th townie appears.

I guess everyone else from here must have a role... 🙄

Wasn't Marvin assassin last game?

Edited by Boof

jambosean75

quick question

if roled characters are not allowed to state their roles, why are townies allowed to.

and if they're not, do this mean everybody who has stated they are a townie is actually roled 🤔

2 minutes ago, Boof said:

Yes, but Vlad didn’t play the last game.

2 minutes ago, Boof said:

yep and played a blinder, taking out two goons

i assume vlad was an assassin the game before. i doubt his performance would beat my onoe time as the assassin, i think i took out a townie, hit someone th doc saved and one night i hit someone the goons were killing

after all, townie is a role too

Townie is default setting...we're all residents of the same town so anyone can claim to be a townie. I suppose one could preface it with 'vanilla' to show lack of 'role'.

A role is an enhancement to townie status. And ****s up the game if you state it :lol: 

AlimOzturk

Do inexperienced townies get given a little leeway?

Asking for a friend. 

jambosean75

unvote marvin

vote alimozturk

nope

1 minute ago, AlimOzturk said:

Asking for a friend. 

1 minute ago, AlimOzturk said:

Asking for a friend. 

If you are simply a townie (and I'm suspicious enough of everyone not to believe you :lol: ) you can always PM Yvonne to clarify anything - or ask on thread.

No doubt someone (might even be me!) will find a reason to say that someone is coaching you and that you look dodgy.

unvote marvin

vote alimozturk

nope

:rofl: 

Quicker and easier than my response.

I wouldn't worry about it, Alim, though it can be a bit jarring to receive your first official vote. Sean (if true to form) will change votes several times before deadline.

Bunny Munro
5 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Asking for a friend. 

You'll pick it up soon enough. 

Any questions ask Yvonne via pm to stop yourself accidentally revealing you're role.

You'll be grand.