Robbie Neilson as a player.

Greedy Jambo

14 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Never scored from it? Never? No goal springs to mind? At all?

Have a think 😏

Did we not score twice from his throw ins in a game against Motherwell that left Mark Mcghee raging or did I make that up? 

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Greedy Jambo

• Last Laff

• Morgan

• Beast Boy

Greedy Jambo
2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Not if you want to be taken seriously as a Hearts fan who knows anything about football. Not every player has to be a superstar. Neilson was an integral part of one of our best ever teams. Early in his career he saw off the challenge of an Irish international when Maybury was signed and made the position his own. Name a RB we've had in the last 20-30 years who has done as well and made as big a contribution to us winning a trophy? 

Neilson seen off the irish international Maybury haha, there's a reason why he ended up at hibs. 

Look, let's call it a day eh, I didn't rate him as a player but i'll give him credit for being in decent Hearts teams. 

I can see that i'm upsetting some people because he's now our manager again. I won't comment on him again. 

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, 4marsbars said:

Did we not score twice from his throw ins in a game against Motherwell that left Mark Mcghee raging or did I make that up? 

Anyone who upsets that bent-faced **** will do for me 👍🏻

7 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Chilling isn't something you learn. Reading is.

Mate I’m not one of the bad guys 😁

Just now, Nookie Bear said:

Anyone who upsets that bent-faced **** will do for me 👍🏻

:muggy:

Greedy Jambo
1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

Mate I’m not one of the bad guys 😁

Don't lye down to him man, he's sitting there with a face mask on, painting his nails. 

8 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

I won't comment on him again. 

You will.

1 minute ago, Space Pirate said:

Don't lye down to him man, he's sitting there with a face mask on, painting his nails. 

Lie.  :2thumbsup:

He was a very consistent player. Very rarely let us down.

the OP is at it here. With everything going on at the moment as well

Pasquale for King
56 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Not if you want to be taken seriously as a Hearts fan who knows anything about football. Not every player has to be a superstar. Neilson was an integral part of one of our best ever teams. Early in his career he saw off the challenge of an Irish international when Maybury was signed and made the position his own. Name a RB we've had in the last 20-30 years who has done as well and made as big a contribution to us winning a trophy? 

You’re rewriting history again, Maybury was a far better RB that was played at LB because we didn’t have one, can you imagine Neilson at LB? He saw him off? CL took Maybury to Leicester when he had the choice between the two of them. 
The one time he was moved to RWB he used that positional sense a few have mentioned really well 🙈.

baxterd1974
12 hours ago, Space Pirate said:

I've yet to read any of your threads, they decent, aye? 

I don't feel the need to seek attention in the way that you do.

On 30/06/2020 at 22:51, Space Pirate said:

I know he had his moments, a couple of famous tackles,  but i couldn't stand him,  an absolute heedless chicken going forward. 

I can't fault his effort but bloody hell, he would run the length of the pitch, get to a position to either cross it or cut inside and would just be like mehhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I don't know what to do now, think i'll pass it backwards. 

Always a worry for me when you have a manager that knows hee haw about attacking. 

Pretty simplistic view on things, defenders spend their career learning how to stop attacks and will undoubtedly know what type of attacks are hardest to stop so by that logic know best how to setup a team that is difficult to stop from an attacking sense. Not to mention that almost every video session he'll have done as a player would have focused on what the oppositions attack would be doing. 

12 hours ago, 4marsbars said:

Found it here, March 2009, apologies for linking to the Daily Fail. Two long throws.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1159604/Hearts-2-Motherwell-1-War-words-late-hero-Palazuelos-Laszlo-fighters-sitting-pretty.html

For a manager that knows hee haw about attacking he managed to set a Championship points record including a 10-0 win, then got Hearts a 3rd placed finish in the Premiership the year after and was finally hounded out of a job for the heinous crime of getting Hearts to 2nd in the premiership.

:rofl:

23 hours ago, Space Pirate said:

See if this court case goes against us, i have no words.

Well, that at least would be a silver lining, I suppose. ;) 

12 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

:pleasing:

John Findlay
On 30/06/2020 at 23:07, Space Pirate said:

That's another thing that bugs me, did he not tell the team to lay off them and not score anymore goals? 

You're at the wind up

On 01/07/2020 at 00:30, Cairneyhill Jambo said:

I was more pissed off that Paolo Sergio told the players to lay off Hibs in the cup final. 

That’s the one that will never be forgotten.

As the saying goes ‘it should have been ten’.

:fth: 

Greedy Jambo
29 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

It sounded a lot more positive today. 

You would think that the judge seen right away that the dundee vote was dodgy as **** and that boy going on about nae mare games or whatever has done him self no favours. 

You might have to put up with me a while longer. 

Greedy Jambo
14 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

You're at the wind up

I'm not at the wind up, i heard he said that during the game, It might not be true but if it is... it bugs me, we should play to the whistle. 

3 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

It sounded a lot more positive today. 

You would think that the judge seen right away that the dundee vote was dodgy as **** and that boy going on about nae mare games or whatever has done him self no favours. 

You might have to put up with me a while longer. 

I’m glad you took it in the light hearted manner it was intended. :) 

Who knows, eh? Hoping that the judge sees the danger of leaving our fate in the hands of these duplicitous weegie bellends. I think he does though, after he bounced that comment about “yer oot the gemme” back at the ***** today. 

John Findlay
11 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

I'm not at the wind up, i heard he said that during the game, It might not be true but if it is... it bugs me, we should play to the whistle. 

Yes you are.

HillmanHearts

I really liked Robbie the player.

In much the sAme way as I liked Zico and I currently like Smith.

100% commitment, take no shit, consistent as ****, good defenders, great team players.

The three have varied extra attributes but in Robbie’s case that was his fitness and desire to get up & down the pitch continuously to help the team and provide width and outlets. He also very rarely switched off in his defensive duties.

8 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Result! 

:rudiyas:

Samuel Camazzola
On 01/07/2020 at 21:27, ToqueJambo said:

This. A player a manager and team-mates could rely on to give everything in every game and do what he's asked to do. He was our Denis Irwin in that respect if not in other respects.

I get your sentiment about trust and reliability but Irwin was one of the best fullbacks playing in one of the best teams in the world. Two-footed and good for a set-piece (when Beckham wasn't playing). 

Absolute Scenes

Neilson was on of those solid dependable that you wouldn’t notice in a game much as he didn’t do much wrong. 
however, when he cut his hair and got rid of the Golden Robbie Locks, his game started to worsen and I do remember at the tail end of his hearts career that he didn’t play as well as before. Having said that, still love the man as a player and manager.