Pereira.

Scottie Wanshot.

Pereira is up there with the worst keeper I have seen playing for us.

I've been watching Hearts for about 35 years.

Struggling to actually think of a worse one.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Smoked-Glass

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

• upgotheheads

• Randy Marsh

Just now, Lovecraft said:

I just had a look at the video and it brought everything back, he was doing that thing of actually getting out of the way of the ball. I've been watching Hearts for more than 60 years and I can confim that he is easily the worst goalie I've ever seen.

I also had a wee look at the fans website and they've got their share of plonkers and bigots by the look of it, fortunately a number of their fans also chipped in to put them right.

1 hour ago, Captain Lithuania said:

I thought this at first, but Pereira is worse, by some distance too.

1 hour ago, Randy Marsh said:

Yes I did.  Kurskis was 10 x better. 

We are arguing over the two worst ever goalkeepers in Hearts' history.

I think the difference is that Kurskis got binned after dropping the ball in two consecutive games (he might even have got sent off in the latter from memory, leaving an outfield player in goals - forgotten who it was).

The same thing should have applied to Pereira - once its blatantly obvious you can't cut it then that should be your time at the club over.  You have to question the manager's judgement when that doesn't happen.

Edited by frankblack

9 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I think the difference is that Kurskis got binned after dropping the ball in two consecutive games (he might even have got sent off in the latter from memory, leaving an outfield player in goals - forgotten who it was).

The same thing should have applied to Pereira - once its blatantly obvious you can't cut it then that should be your time at the club over.  You have to question the manager's judgement when that doesn't happen.

We also had two goalies in reserve who might not have been very good but were better than Pereira, by a distance. 

The difference is Kurskis actually tried to at least catch the ball instead of ducking out the way.😂 Kurskis howler was in the last minute away to Rangers which cost us a point.  It was almost a replica of Gordon's howler away at Celtic a year before.  He was sent off at home to ICT and Lee Wallace went in goals. We still nearly got a point in that match if I recall. Think we lost 3-2.                        Meant to quote frankblack. 

Edited by Randy Marsh

16 hours ago, WoolfordsHearts said:

To be fair to Levein and the scouting staff,if you're offered the 3rd choice goalie of Man Utd you take him.

You're not expecting a ticket like him rocking up to Tynie with that pedigree.🤦🏻‍♂️

That’s a decent point, Sheffield United got Dean Henderson from Man Utd last season and he’s a top quality keeper.

As you say you don’t expect Man U to have signed someone as poor as Perreira

12 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

The difference is Kurskis actually tried to at least catch the ball instead of ducking out the way.😂 Kurskis howler was in the last minute away to Rangers which cost us a point.  It was almost a replica of Gordon's howler away at Celtic a year before.  He was sent off at home to ICT and Lee Wallace went in goals. We still nearly got a point in that match if I recall. Think we lost 3-2.                        Meant to quote frankblack. 

It is hard to judge two shocking goalkeepers that gave me nightmares for many months after!

Even still seeing this imposter play for another team makes me angry. How has he made it onto the books of Man Utd? He has nothing about him as a keeper. Even in the warm ups he never used to save anything. I would put him down as the worst I have ever seen in a Hearts shirt (including Lee Wallace's and Iain Baird's cameos in goal). Can anyone genuinely remember him making a good save? The number one reason we are where we are is because he couldn't save anything. 

24 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Even still seeing this imposter play for another team makes me angry. How has he made it onto the books of Man Utd? He has nothing about him as a keeper. Even in the warm ups he never used to save anything. I would put him down as the worst I have ever seen in a Hearts shirt (including Lee Wallace's and Iain Baird's cameos in goal). Can anyone genuinely remember him making a good save? The number one reason we are where we are is because he couldn't save anything. 

Sometimes in life a reason cant be found for a situation, this is one , big time.

can still hear myself rambling to my son, surely they cant play him again, but they did.😵.

A_A wehatethehibs
10 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Sometimes in life a reason cant be found for a situation, this is one , big time.

can still hear myself rambling to my son, surely they cant play him again, but they did.😵.

The particularly enraging thing is, the fans could see he was shite and not up to the job after 2 or 3 appearances, but he somehow went on to play dozens of more games. Stendel identified Berra as a problem early on, blows my mind that he missed the memo on the hologram. We all know ultimately that single decision cost him his job and cost us our premiership place 

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
1 hour ago, TurboT said:

That’s a decent point, Sheffield United got Dean Henderson from Man Utd last season and he’s a top quality keeper.

As you say you don’t expect Man U to have signed someone as poor as Perreira

They spent over £80 million on a shite centre half.

A_A wehatethehibs
20 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

They spent over £80 million on a shite centre half.

Shocking that eh. They could’ve had Craig Halkett for less than half of that. 

Scottie Wanshot.

Pereira playing st the weekend for Huddersfield v Stoke, 4 - 3 for Stoke, playing his usual game. ( terrible )   trying to get out the way of shots at goal.

5 hours ago, frankblack said:

What has zimal actually done wrong BTW?  Can't think of many blunders 

4 minutes ago, Smoked-Glass said:

What has zimal actually done wrong BTW?  Can't think of many blunders 

He lost a number of soft goals and his confidence went, and so did the defence in him.  However, clearly not in the same ballpark as the two keepers we are discussing.

3 hours ago, frankblack said:

He lost a number of soft goals and his confidence went, and so did the defence in him.  However, clearly not in the same ballpark as the two keepers we are discussing.

Happens at this level.  

1 hour ago, CostaJambo said:

Pereira dropped tonight v Wycombe, and Uche not even on the Wycombe bench.

It's taken the Huddersfield Manager 1 game to suss him out.  Sadly it took Stendal way too many.

9 minutes ago, Yoda said:

It's taken the Huddersfield Manager 1 game to suss him out.  Sadly it took Stendal way too many.

Stendel did start with Bobby though, who was less than convincing in that St Johnstone game. While he only let in 1 goal he was so indecisive.

Weakened Offender
11 hours ago, Lovecraft said:

David Bowman was a better keeper than that clown. 

Henry. Henry.
2 hours ago, CostaJambo said:

Pereira dropped tonight v Wycombe, and Uche not even on the Wycombe bench.

No goals conceded tonight.  That’ll be Pereira down the 3rd choice when their regular is back from COVID related absence    Shame. 

The recruiting of Pereira last season and Frear this season, begs the question how does a club sign players without a scout doing a thorough background check.  Is it just a matter these days of looking up the vacant list?

Before coming on loan to Hearts he was out on loan to other clubs for the 4 seasons following joining Man Utd in 2015.  I assume he showed some talent when with Xamax/Switzerland U15s/U16s before he dropped his ability.

Woeful player and contributed most to Hearts demise on the pitch last season.

36 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

The recruiting of Pereira last season and Frear this season, begs the question how does a club sign players without a scout doing a thorough background check.  Is it just a matter these days of looking up the vacant list?

Before coming on loan to Hearts he was out on loan to other clubs for the 4 seasons following joining Man Utd in 2015.  I assume he showed some talent when with Xamax/Switzerland U15s/U16s before he dropped his ability.

He's played in 3 competitive first team games for Manchester United.

I suspect what the scouts are seeing is that he's exceptional with the ball at his feet, which with the modern trend for high press and sweeper keepers is a useful asset. His shot stopping is the poorest I've ever seen in a goalkeeper though.

Craig Herbertson
On 22/11/2020 at 21:14, kila said:

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47ii1koe2kefk725vu38

A grade up on Pereira as the robot is actually lifting its hands. If a save counts as being unable to get out of the way of a shot he actually made one against Motherwell in the previous clip.

WoolfordsHearts
21 hours ago, Weakened Offender said:

David Bowman was a better keeper than that clown. 

F****** Edith Bowman would've been better..

Guest ToqueJambo
On 24/11/2020 at 02:34, Lovecraft said:

Not just the worst keeper, the worst player I've ever seen get more than a couple of games in the same timeframe. Awful and the signs were there form his early games when he had a few near things. Incredible he's still a Man Utd player.

7 hours ago, Martin_T said:

He's played in 3 competitive first team games for Manchester United.

I suspect what the scouts are seeing is that he's exceptional with the ball at his feet, which with the modern trend for high press and sweeper keepers is a useful asset. His shot stopping is the poorest I've ever seen in a goalkeeper though.

Didn't know we had David blunkett as a scout. 

8 hours ago, Tasavallan said:

I'm fairly sure that few clubs do in-depth checks for short term loans.  Most clubs carry at least 2 main keepers and it is unlikely they will allow them to go on loan so at best we're going get a 3rd choice loanee..  In fact Pereirs was probably 4th choice as Dean Henderson was out on loan to Sheff U but somehow was rated by his compatriot manager Jose.   As an aside we haven't done very well with loanees in any position.  N'goo, McCallum, Langer quckly spring to mind

5 hours ago, Craig Herbertson said:

A grade up on Pereira as the robot is actually lifting its hands. If a save counts as being unable to get out of the way of a shot he actually made one against Motherwell in the previous clip.

Isn't Pereira knicknamed 'The Cat'? Better off with the real thing, methinks.

Edited by Wee Mikey

9 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I'm fairly sure that few clubs do in-depth checks for short term loans.  Most clubs carry at least 2 main keepers and it is unlikely they will allow them to go on loan so at best we're going get a 3rd choice loanee..  In fact Pereirs was probably 4th choice as Dean Henderson was out on loan to Sheff U but somehow was rated by his compatriot manager Jose.   As an aside we haven't done very well with loanees in any position.  N'goo, McCallum, Langer quckly spring to mind

Thought he was alight tbh