• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Smoked-Glass

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

• upgotheheads

• Randy Marsh

The Apprentice
1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

Maybe there is something wrong with his eyes. 

When you also factor in his poppadom hands then you have to conclude that he is in the wrong profession.

When he smirked at the camera during the documentary I nearly kicked the TV. 

Both he, and the manager for picking him when he was obviously feckin useless, cost us big time. 

When people wax lyrical about Stendel they should remember that.

There had to have been something in his loan deal that meant that he had to play a certain amount of games. There really is no other excuse surely! 

I remember there was an article after the season was cut that said Man Utd had written off the remaining % of wages we were due on his deal. We should have claimed a full refund for the season.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
31 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Start as you mean to go on🤣

Somebody said earlier that it’s as if he can’t see the ball and that’s honestly true. I know we all joke about players being terrible etc but I’m struggling to see what it was that convinced anyone about him. His skill

set is virtually blank.

Given that his experience at the famous will be pretty fresh in his head, he’ll do well to get over that performance.

27 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Somebody said earlier that it’s as if he can’t see the ball and that’s honestly true. I know we all joke about players being terrible etc but I’m struggling to see what it was that convinced anyone about him. His skill

set is virtually blank.

Given that his experience at the famous will be pretty fresh in his head, he’ll do well to get over that performance.

I saw him do quite a few decent keepy uppies before a game once if that counts

19 hours ago, dbusby6 said:

Probably the worst keeper I ever saw at Hearts or maybe anywhere. I can't actually remember him making any save of note.

The only keeper I've seen who can't catch the ball.

16 hours ago, Randy Marsh said:

Oh its him alright.😂    Castro is his middle name.

Castor oil would be more like it.

Felix Lighter

It wouldn't surprise me if he was late to goalkeeping, he was pretty tidy with the ball on the deck so possibly an outfield player who wasn't quiet good enough to make pro, so decided to give it a bash as a goalie because of his height. 

Comfortably worst player ever seen at Hearts never mind goalie. We would have stayed up and finished midtable with a normal gk. Huddersfield scout needs fired asap. 

If he just bins any dream of playing he could make a great living as 3rd choice keeper. Think he will be homegrown in England? Been at Man U for a while

Just spend next 10 years earning crazy money.  Pinging crosses for other goalies to catch and saving shots in training. Sat on bench watching football. Not a bad life

I think he is an outfield player who someone has suddenly decided should be a GK because of the trend for sweeper-keepers. Unfortunately he doesn't have many of the requisite skills. 

4 hours ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Antii Niemi had a bad debut... 

Antii Niemi also had the ability to stop a ball without it either immediately going under him, putting it back into play for an easy rebound goal, or letting his legs collapse in a heap and letting the ball soar over him into the net. 

Pereira will not have a good career at Huddersfield, and there are plenty of teams in that league who will smash at least 4 past him in every game. He is just not good enough in any interpretation of the word "good". 

1 hour ago, kila said:

I can imagine him being told to run across the pitch for a corner in the dying seconds of a game then having a brain fart and catching the ball instead.

Nah, that would involve him catching something for once :lol:

11 hours ago, Mister T said:

Came with the nickname  El Gato meaning the cat. I assume there isn't a word for scaredy in Spanish? 

Think the cat is accurate, any time a striker came near him he lay down wanting his belly rubbed

Just seen the goals :lol: Good to see he's improved over the summer then... 

I'm 32 so don't remember some of the shockers I've heard about from the 70s but genuinely think he might be the worst player I've ever seen at Hearts.

You can see some players have ability and it doesn't work out for them for various reasons but Pereria genuinely just looks like somebody who's never played football before... 

It's bizarre how often he dived low only for the ball to go above him. Seen the two Hibs goals in the documentary and if you watch his positioning for the first Stoke goal it's almost like a copy and paste... It's like he's never sure where the middle of the goal is. Never looks comfortable

Edited by Gone

The 4rth Stoke goal was the worst, it goes in the centre of the goal, then claps his hands and starts blaming players in front of him, did that all the time when with us, shocking keeper, worst I've ever seen.

kingantti1874
21 hours ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Nothing. Debut can be diseving 

Not in the case of el gato.  It’s spot on. He shouldn’t even be playing junior football

30 minutes ago, rmreido said:

The 4rth Stoke goal was the worst, it goes in the centre of the goal, then claps his hands and starts blaming players in front of him, did that all the time when with us, shocking keeper, worst I've ever seen.

I've never seen a professional keeper who simply makes himself small and pretty consistently get's out of the way of the ball.    It's actually quite astonishing.    You'd think Huddersfield would have done their homework and assessed the video footage or the games he played for us.   Just awful.  

Bazzas right boot
On 22/11/2020 at 05:48, Shooter McGavin said:

A softer keeper you’ll struggle to find.

Genuinely can’t remember him making a save.  

His best save was when the ball hit him. 

Can't remember v who, but the ball was blasted at him and I think hit his chest. 

His best save wasn't even a save, the baw skelped him. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Smith's right boot said:

His best save was when the ball hit him. 

Can't remember v who, but the ball was blasted at him from vert close in and I think hit his chest. 

His best save wasn't even a save, the baw skelped him. 

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

WoolfordsHearts

To be fair to Levein and the scouting staff,if you're offered the 3rd choice goalie of Man Utd you take him.

You're not expecting a ticket like him rocking up to Tynie with that pedigree.🤦🏻‍♂️

22 minutes ago, WoolfordsHearts said:

To be fair to Levein and the scouting staff,if you're offered the 3rd choice goalie of Man Utd you take him.

You're not expecting a ticket like him rocking up to Tynie with that pedigree.🤦🏻‍♂️

Watch him 1st though

On 21/11/2020 at 23:00, Ted (Theodore) Logan said:

Screenshot_20201121-223607_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20201121-223431_Chrome.jpg

Hope he plays for them every week tbh. Christ knows why that guy thinks his pishy wee team is better than us.Privk.

34 minutes ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Watch him 1st though

I'm hoping the documentary sheds light on why this impostor was sent to us, and why we had to persist in playing him. 43 goals conceded in 25 games. The worst player I've ever seen at hearts since 1969-70.

1 hour ago, WoolfordsHearts said:

Not without doing your homework first. A shockingly bad decision.

5 hours ago, WoolfordsHearts said:

I seen it coming from watching the you tube videos.   Nothing changed from his time at the  Swiss club, other clubs, from us to Huddersfield.   It's his style and it's similar to de Gea.   To be fair to de Gea he had a better time of it for awhile until the wheels came off. 

I don't want to be entirely unduly negative, he comes across as a good professional, just talentless in goalkeeping sense. 

Edited by HMFC01

7 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Not in the case of el gato.  It’s spot on. He shouldn’t even be playing junior football

El Gato has to be one of those piss take nicknames, like when you call a fat pal "Skinny". 

El Shato much more apt. 

On 22/11/2020 at 16:02, R1874 said:

Comfortably worst player ever seen at Hearts never mind goalie. We would have stayed up and finished midtable with a normal gk. Huddersfield scout needs fired asap. 

If he just bins any dream of playing he could make a great living as 3rd choice keeper. Think he will be homegrown in England? Been at Man U for a while

Just spend next 10 years earning crazy money.  Pinging crosses for other goalies to catch and saving shots in training. Sat on bench watching football. Not a bad life

Did you see Kurskis?

giphy.gif

On 22/11/2020 at 20:59, Yoda said:

OMG.  He's not got any better when their's no crowd pressure.

The ball just goes straight through the guy. He moves in the general direction of the ball but then seems to make no attempt to actually stop it.

2 hours ago, frankblack said:

Did you see Kurskis?

giphy.gif

Yes I did.  Kurskis was 10 x better. 

Edited by Randy Marsh