Pereira.

Scottie Wanshot.

He Who Cannot Be Named

It seems there were many different forces at work to make sure we were bottom of the league when the lockdown came into effect. Hamiltons remarkable 6 point turnaround and someone getting inside Joels head were just 2 of them.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Smoked-Glass

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

• upgotheheads

• Randy Marsh

Scottie Wanshot.
On 01/07/2020 at 10:59, merrymac said:

Can't remember what game it was now but he actually dived out of the way of the shot.

Have seen some bad goalies in my time, but never seen one do that before.

SO WHY WAS HE BEING PLAYED BY STENDEL. that's the mystery.

3 hours ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

Contractual has been suggested.

Or maybe" he is with Man Utd so he must be good" ,despite all the evidence.

4 hours ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

the million dollar question. It was apparent to all the young lads confidence was smashed to pieces (not even mentioning his lack of ability).  To play a keeper who was not be able to save the most basic of shots whilst playing a system which beggered belief and it was suicide. 

10 hours ago, merrymac said:

Contractual has been suggested.

Or maybe" he is with Man Utd so he must be good" ,despite all the evidence.

Stendel said it was not contractual. 

i feel stendel persisted with him because he was the best of the three with the ball at his feet. With the exception of his lack of ability to save shots he was better for playing out from the back compared to doyle and zlamal. He must have felt that this outweighed the amount of goals being conceeded.

The thing is if he had dropped periera sooned for zlamal or even doyle i think we would have more points to be safe. i reckon we would have been in 9th or 10th

6 hours ago, milky_26 said:

i feel stendel persisted with him because he was the best of the three with the ball at his feet. With the exception of his lack of ability to save shots he was better for playing out from the back compared to doyle and zlamal. He must have felt that this outweighed the amount of goals being conceeded.

The thing is if he had dropped periera sooned for zlamal or even doyle i think we would have more points to be safe. i reckon we would have been in 9th or 10th

Nailed it. Stendel was all about his system or style of play. By the time he realised keeping the ball out the net wasn’t Pereira’s cup of tea it was already too late. 

• 4 months later...
10 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Just seen Stokes 2nd goal v Huddersfield.

The hologram right enough.

Unbelievably bad.

And the 3rd 🤦🏻‍♂️

some boy, still on the books at man u at the age of 24 presumably on a very decent wage. Doesn't actually know how to save a ball :lol:

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

some boy, still on the books at man u at the age of 24 presumably on a very decent wage. Doesn't actually know how to save a ball :lol:

£10k a week 4 year deal apparently.

highlandjambo3

I remember him letting in a goal (Amongst many), can’t remember who it was against but the shot must have been 25-30 yards out just right of centre, the shot was waist high and aimed directly at Pringle fingers, if he stood still and did nothing it would have bounced off him but no.......he decided to go down backwards in an attempt to catch the ball which proceeded to fly over his body and into the net......he made no contact with the ball at all, WTF never seen anything like that before.

Did anyone warn the Huddersfield fans site about the impending cluster**ck that was heading their way when the hologram signed for them? 

Anyone got links to the goals to see how bad he still is? 

55 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Set him up for life if he's careful. hope he's better at managing his money than he is at football.

50 minutes ago, dbusby6 said:

Probably the worst keeper I ever saw at Hearts or maybe anywhere. I can't actually remember him making any save of note.

Might be even worse than Kurskis, which is saying something. They're the two players that have made me genuinely think that I could have done a better job.

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Stokesy said:

Set him up for life if he's careful. hope he's better at managing his money than he is at football.

If not he's already got the national debt of a small country..... 

1 hour ago, highlandjambo3 said:

I remember him letting in a goal (Amongst many), can’t remember who it was against but the shot must have been 25-30 yards out just right of centre, the shot was waist high and aimed directly at Pringle fingers, if he stood still and did nothing it would have bounced off him but no.......he decided to go down backwards in an attempt to catch the ball which proceeded to fly over his body and into the net......he made no contact with the ball at all, WTF never seen anything like that before.

Won’t forget the one at parkhead either. An easy ball to catch and he palmed it straight to the Celtic forward. Smith was screaming at him. Another 5-0 rout and hologram Sam was culpable for 3 of them. An awful keeper. 

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

I suspect it'll all just slip through his fingers...

36 minutes ago, Fraggle said:

Did anyone warn the Huddersfield fans site about the impending cluster**ck that was heading their way when the hologram signed for them? 

Anyone got links to the goals to see how bad he still is? 

Sky Sports News going through the highlights of Championship now. A chance to see?

Edited by 2205ian
Spelling mistake

1 hour ago, highlandjambo3 said:

I remember it, Motherwell? I thought at the time he was actually trying to get his body out of the way of the ball in case he missed it and got hit.

highlandjambo3
5 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

I remember it, Motherwell? I thought at the time he was actually trying to get his body out of the way of the ball in case he missed it and got hit.

That’s the one.................remember when you were younger and playing football, no one really volunteered to be the keeper but somehow you got the short straw and it was your turn in goals.......then the best player of the opposing team is bearing down on your goal, right leg like sir Chris Hoy.....cringing just as he pulls the trigger in case it smacks you in the coupon.....that’s the very sketch we watched.

Holyrood_Hearts
7 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Was that not Colin Doyle?

3 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

It was Kilmarnock at home midweek and we lost 3-2.  He was at fault for the first and didn't cover himself in glory at their 2nd.  The 3rd goal was a shot by Eamon Brophy which was hit right at him in the middle of the goal.  If he had just stood still then the ball would have smashed him in the puss and gone clear.  He ducked under the ball.  I was in the school end that night so was right behind it and I was in total disbelief.  That was another 3 points we lost because of him.  An absolutely stinking keeper and by far the worst I have ever seen in a Hearts jersey.

Holyrood_Hearts
30 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Won’t forget the one at parkhead either. An easy ball to catch and he palmed it straight to the Celtic forward. Smith was screaming at him. Another 5-0 rout and hologram Sam was culpable for 3 of them. An awful keeper. 

He did similar in the 5-2 game v St Mirren when a simple catch was palmed back into play & they scored from the resulting cross. 

5 minutes ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

Was that not Colin Doyle?

Naw, that was the last second bounce off the pitch that he threw over his shoulder.

3 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

It was Kilmarnock at home midweek and we lost 3-2.  He was at fault for the first and didn't cover himself in glory at their 2nd.  The 3rd goal was a shot by Eamon Brophy which was hit right at him in the middle of the goal.  If he had just stood still then the ball would have smashed him in the puss and gone clear.  He ducked under the ball.  I was in the school end that night so was right behind it and I was in total disbelief.  That was another 3 points we lost because of him.  An absolutely stinking keeper and by far the worst I have ever seen in a Hearts jersey.

Think you're right, he is definitely the worst I have seen ever seen playing for us, or anyone else for that matter, even Zibby.

Holyrood_Hearts
2 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Naw, that was the last second bounce off the pitch that he threw over his shoulder.

You talking about Brophy at Tynecastle? 

Just now, Holyrood_Hearts said:

I still stand by Pereira cost us at least 15 goals last season. The boy is a ****ing bombscare 

He was  the single biggest factor in us being bottom, next in line was Damour. Without those two I reckon we would have been 10 points better off at least when you factor in the points we gave away to our direct rivals for that  position 

It's as if he can't even see the ball every time :rofl:

That last one looked even worse in person, I was right behind it and he actually dodged out the way

3 minutes ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

You talking about Brophy at Tynecastle? 

No Motherwell at Motherwell for the Doyle goal. I think we were leading, lost a late goal and then lost the 'Doyle' goal in injury time. I don't think he played for us again.

I used to think ex Stenhousemuir keeper FC Ray Dunlop was the worst.......then we signed a player from Man. Utd. earning 500K a year and my theory was blown to shit......

Holyrood_Hearts
1 minute ago, upgotheheads said:

He was  the single biggest factor in us being bottom, next in line was Damour. Without those two I reckon we would have been 10 points better off at least when you factor in the points we gave away to our direct rivals for that  position 

To be honest I’d say Berra after Pereira. His 4 OG’s plus mistakes in other games cost us goals every other week. 

Completely agree he is the biggest factor though. I know Bobby isn’t great but if only we’d stuck with him we wouldn’t have been anywhere as bad as we were (can’t include Doyle cos he’s an older version of JP) 

Holyrood_Hearts
7 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

No Motherwell at Motherwell for the Doyle goal. I think we were leading, lost a late goal and then lost the 'Doyle' goal in injury time. I don't think he played for us again.

Unfortunately he did later that season and twice last season (only conceding 5 between both games) 

It must be some sort of football in joke this guy getting a game in goals for anyone let alone a professional football team. I've seen better keepers in the Sunday amateur leagues. He's like the Dick at 5's who lets in the first shot so he can get back out of goals!

19 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

I’d put the man who signed them, above them both.  

SectionDJambo
30 minutes ago, gedster said:

I used to think ex Stenhousemuir keeper FC Ray Dunlop was the worst.......then we signed a player from Man. Utd. earning 500K a year and my theory was blown to shit......

Brian Wilson or Craig Nelson?

said it at the time and ill say it again. I dont believe he was nearly as bad a keeper as his performances with us suggested. Portugal U21, Man U contract does not suggest someone with little ability. The problem was when he was on a poor run of form we kept throwing him in despite his confidence clearly being shot to pieces. As a goalie one mistake costs  the team a goal. It was a ridiculous decision to keep playing him. On the bench for Man U suggests I may have been correct

Same guy? BBC says its castro pereira 

Just seen it is same guy

Captain hook might be better in goals

Edited by Smoked-Glass