Petrie stepping down for health reasons

Crete

davemclaren
41 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Don't wish him any ill will but can't get all PC wishing him well either. The timing of this is very odd and what's with the temporary bit? He either stands down or takes a leave of absence. There is far more to this than meets the eye.

Conspiracy theories continue. 😄

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OldGorgie

• jake

• TyphoonJambo

• Thomaso

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The 'health reason' is probably the increased chance of a heart attack today, no doubt brought on by bouts of intense scowling.

If he is genuinely unwell then I wish him no harm, however, it does seem a bit.....well, suspicious (for want of a better word) to me. I wish that tube Neil Doncaster would hand his notice in. The whole SPFL contingent need either rockets up their arse or we need a completely new group of individuals that don't have agendas, and do what's best for Scottish football instead of ripping it apart.

David Black

This is just like any public figure when the going gets tough they either stand down for health reasons or want to spend more time with their family. Excuse my cynicism but the timing ?

11 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Don't wish him any ill will but can't get all PC wishing him well either. The timing of this is very odd and what's with the temporary bit? He either stands down or takes a leave of absence. There is far more to this than meets the eye.

Totally agree. Lots of crocodile tears.

airdriejambo3

Hope he is ok, but his wee bag that he carries around is going to be filled to the brim in the current climate.

• 3 weeks later...
manaliveits105

Ian Maxwell says Rod had to take a break for health reasons he was working too hard but is recovering well at home and should be back soon  - aw nice 

fooling no one 

David Black

Can sleep a bit easier tonight knowing Rodders is improving. Wouldn't it be wonderful if Hearts won the Scottish Cup and this chancer being SFA President had to present us with the trophy. He is actually 2 games away from more "health issues".

3 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Ian Maxwell says Rod had to take a break for health reasons he was working too hard but is recovering well at home and should be back soon  - aw nice 

fooling no one 

Wonder if the SFA got fed up with him going on about Murrayfield for the semi, as they are banging the Hampden drum since announcing the dates.

Chuck Berry
3 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

fooling no one 

He has a heart complaint that needed seen to, he will resume his position when fit to do so.

Horatio Caine
48 minutes ago, David Black said:

Can sleep a bit easier tonight knowing Rodders is improving. Wouldn't it be wonderful if Hearts won the Scottish Cup and this chancer being SFA President had to present us with the trophy. He is actually 2 games away from more "health issues".

With the Final being played on 20th December they'd probably find a reason to curtail the presentation of the Cup due to the winter conditions that enabled Hearts to slip their way to the win

WheatfieldWarrior

While I do wish him a speedy recovery, if he had the trots for a while, I'd find a way to be ok with that.

Edited by WheatfieldWarrior

Doctor FinnBarr
11 hours ago, Horatio Caine said:

With the Final being played on 20th December they'd probably find a reason to curtail the presentation of the Cup due to the winter conditions that enabled Hearts to slip their way to the win

Final on the 20th means it'll be the first SC final ever to be played with "flashing antlers" in the crowd. If crowds mean 100 odd folks.

3 hours ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

While I do wish him a speedy recovery, if he had the trots for a while, I'd find a way to be ok with that.

I couldn't think of the words to express that sentiment.  You've done it beautifully.

Hope he is recovering well.

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/06/2020 at 20:39, ToqueJambo said:

Until after the court case 🤣 How convenient given it would be hard for the SFA to give the impression of being an independent arbitrator with him at the helm if the SPFL get their way.

No seriously, get well soon you angry ******* and return to give us many more laughs.

Visionary

I want to see Naismith collect the Scottsh Cup without acknowledging anyone in any official presentation party, including Petrie.

Normally, collecting it from him would be great fun but this is no time for fun.  

Treat them with complete disdain.

Same when we win the league.

54 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I want to see Naismith collect the Scottsh Cup without acknowledging anyone in any official presentation party, including Petrie.

Normally, collecting it from him would be great fun but this is no time for fun.  

Treat them with complete disdain.

Same when we win the league.

This. 

On 30/06/2020 at 19:32, bigdav said:

Always comes to the Remembrance service and shows respect. Get well soon.

Anything outwith this show of respect means nothing to me

FB_IMG_1539913769311.jpg

2 hours ago, dannymack said:

FB_IMG_1539913769311.jpg

Never misses a chance to have a go at Hearts, even suggesting we cheated to win cups. Lots of people are ill. What’s so special about him.

I find this "standing down" idea more than a little strange.

Surely if you become ill or require to take time off from work for an operation you go on "sick leave" and the company you work for adjust their business to cope while you are away. 

Lone Striker

Wonder if he'll make a miraculous recovery after Thursday's SFA "kick them when they're down" hearing.

davemclaren
31 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Wonder if he'll make a miraculous recovery after Thursday's SFA "kick them when they're down" hearing.

He’s already recovered has he not?

1 hour ago, j1964m said:

Rod Petrie resumes Scottish FA president role after surgery.He’s back to his job getting money for doing nothing

Glad to hear of his recovery 

Lone Striker
3 hours ago, davemclaren said:

He’s already recovered has he not?

Even more miraculous than previously thought !! 😃

7 hours ago, j1964m said:

Rod Petrie resumes Scottish FA president role after surgery.He’s back to his job getting money for doing nothing

He was still pulling the strings in the background! No doubt he will be relishing the fine and points penalty coming our way!

Coincidence?

Aye right.

Absolute bitter scumbag who hid hibs failures by casting a light on us.

Rat faced c.

I am hateful of every c who partook in this.

2 minutes ago, jake said:

I could but I wont post a wee address he used to visit.

Rat.

Makes a welcome change from those posts saying - I’ve met him and he’s a great bloke etc and all the other ones with crocodile tears about someone that would dance on the remains of Tynie if we went bust.

42 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

Makes a welcome change from those posts saying - I’ve met him and he’s a great bloke etc and all the other ones with crocodile tears about someone that would dance on the remains of Tynie if we went bust.

You are welcome.

The guys a rat.

End of for me.

34 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

I wasn't bothered when he was ill and I am less bothered that he's better. 

I wish him the same as he wished us.

Cardiff Hearts

Got to say gents, the comments on here about an ill human being, who comes to our annual remembrance service, are pretty poor. As ex Services myself, that gesture shows he can rise above football rivalry. We vilify them for their abuse of  Wallace Mercer - are some of the posts on here any better ? Rise above and wish any human being well, regardless of who they support. 

10 minutes ago, Cardiff Hearts said:

Got to say gents, the comments on here about an ill human being, who comes to our annual remembrance service, are pretty poor. As ex Services myself, that gesture shows he can rise above football rivalry. We vilify them for their abuse of  Wallace Mercer - are some of the posts on here any better ? Rise above and wish any human being well, regardless of who they support. 

Well that’s us told. Just for interest how far does this delightful adoration of the Tache go. 

15 minutes ago, Cardiff Hearts said:

Btw are in you in anyway related to that well known Hobo poster Cardiff Hibs?

16 minutes ago, Cardiff Hearts said:

No one sings songs about his wife.

And sings songs about hes deid.

Hes a fekin rat .

Who climbed a ladder in a game of snakes and ladders.

Wasnt that long ago hibs supporters thought the same so wrap it.

Cardiff Hearts

Sad to see the reaction to my view on Petrie. I don’t know the bloke so in no way do I adore him ( nor for that matter , hate him) , I just have a view based on his actions on matters which count for me. Each to their own I guess.

43 minutes ago, jake said:

Hes a fekin rat .

Did Petrie condemn that or the racist scummie comments from the Hobos. Deafening silence is the answer. 

1 hour ago, Cardiff Hearts said:

Very good statement health issues can affect anyone at anytime 

King Of The Cat Cafe
17 hours ago, dannymack said:

FB_IMG_1539913769311.jpg

Is that an English poppy he is wearing?

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

Is that an English poppy he is wearing?

It is indeed, strange. He was up for holding the semi final at Murrayfield before his surgery. I always prefer this picture though. 8AAEBB05-DE2D-4C6A-AB6C-D0806C43D3BB.jpeg.7f9b0a2bad758811c172bfcd8aaec36e.jpeg

On 04/08/2020 at 22:32, OldGorgie said:

Did Petrie condemn that or the racist scummie comments from the Hobos. Deafening silence is the answer. 

Exactly

On 04/08/2020 at 23:10, Kenneth Dubeke said:

Did you go together?

No.

And neither did we come together you cheeky git.

Wasnt what I meant anyway.

On 04/08/2020 at 21:47, jake said:

Hes a fekin rat .

Exactly! Comparing the disgusting abuse Mercer gets from Hibs fans to comments on here is pathetic!