Bordeaux Goal

Jeff

Nae chance with either-the big man was immense over there I seem to remember though I was rather pished at the game

Nucky Thompson
4 minutes ago, 1rousset said:

Nae chance with either-the big man was immense over there I seem to remember though I was rather pished at the game

That was probably my best away trip in Europe 

a safe pair of sells
12 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

That was probably my best away trip in Europe 

I whole heartedly agree, a tremendous day from start to finish. What was the Irish Bar called again, if anyone can refresherize my memory?

5 minutes ago, a safe pair of sells said:

I whole heartedly agree, a tremendous day from start to finish. What was the Irish Bar called again, if anyone can refresherize my memory?

Connemara

millerjames398

My 1st away day in Europe with hearts, absolutely fantastic..even tho i missed the bus after and ended up gettin home on the Saturday night, via paris Birmingham and Glasgow..talk about makin memories🤪😄🇱🇻

Edited by millerjames398
Spell error

a safe pair of sells
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Connemara

That's it, wonderful memories of a great day following the Famous. Could do with a trip like that again, it was a genuine Death Bed Memory!

Might be controversial but that strip was one of my all time favourites. An all maroon strip is just what we need in current times. 

1 hour ago, Jeff said:

With Gordon signing back with us it's given me an excuse to post this cracker. Incredible

I missed that goal, raking about at the back of the Wheatfield. There were about 200 French fans, so you never heard a peep from them.

Came in and got my seat.... oblivious to the fact we'd conceeded

As we approached the final whistle, I was convinced we were 1-1 on aggregate and going to extra time. So I was really confused when supporters started heading to the exits.

When the boy next to me stood up, I said "where's everyone going, we've got 30 minutes left to win this"

I always remember his response "it's 2-1 ya *****, what game you been watching?"

I was absolutely broken.

It was years before I actually got around to seeing that screamer

22 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Might be controversial but that strip was one of my all time favourites. An all maroon strip is just what we need in current times. 

It’s not IMO! We need to get back to good old HMFC values - and that includes the famous maroon and white! ❤️👍

Edited by Thomaso

Couldn't make it over to Bordeaux but i remember going out too watch it and it was the same night as The MTV music awards in Edinburgh (Ocean Terminal) town was heaving that evening 

3 minutes ago, Mr 3 Putt said:

Cracking goals no question but weird to post videos of our new signing conceding goals 🤷

Aye a bit bizarre. Was waiting on some saves he'd made in the game. Check BBC site for a selection of incredible saves. 

27 minutes ago, Mr 3 Putt said:

Cracking goals no question but weird to post videos of our new signing conceding goals 🤷

Could be construed as weird but it's genuinely the best goal I've ever seen in person. Don't think it will ever be topped

8 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Probably the best goal ive ever seen live. 

Absolutely. I actually applauded it - absolutely gutted but couldn't begrudge anyone that strike. 

I was sitting in A of the Wheatfield and perfectly in line with him as he hit it. The swerve was unbelievable, genuinely thought it was going wide of the other post initially. 

2 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

It’s not IMO! We need to get back to good old HMFC values - and that includes the famous maroon and white! ❤️👍

I admire your dedication. Every single moment there’s a mention of an all maroon kit you’re on hand to fight the maroon and white corner :lol: 

millerjames398
2 hours ago, davie1980 said:

I missed that goal, raking about at the back of the Wheatfield. There were about 200 French fans, so you never heard a peep from them.

Came in and got my seat.... oblivious to the fact we'd conceeded

As we approached the final whistle, I was convinced we were 1-1 on aggregate and going to extra time. So I was really confused when supporters started heading to the exits.

When the boy next to me stood up, I said "where's everyone going, we've got 30 minutes left to win this"

I always remember his response "it's 2-1 ya *****, what game you been watching?"

I was absolutely broken.

It was years before I actually got around to seeing that screamer

Get the antonshill hearts flag pictures up davie😄🇱🇻

upgotheheads
4 hours ago, Jeff said:

With Gordon signing back with us it's given me an excuse to post this cracker. Incredible

He did well to get anywhere near it. Did he get a touch?

Holyrood_Hearts

Bordeaux away was absolutely ****ing amazing. That Irish bar, all the fans walking together to the ground, bedlam when De Vries scoring. It was such a brilliant few days away

4 hours ago, King prawn said:

I admire your dedication. Every single moment there’s a mention of an all maroon kit you’re on hand to fight the maroon and white corner :lol: 

A cause worth fighting for! ❤️👍

colinmaroon
6 hours ago, Mr 3 Putt said:

Stinks!

11 hours ago, Jeff said:

Albert Riera and Jean Claude Darcheville were the scorers.

Decent side... Think Pochettino was playing

It was Pascal Feindouno that scored the second one, bud.

7 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

Stinks!

Yeah I'm a Hibs fan with my 50 quid donation count and appearances in Hearts charity games.

Swing and a miss

colinmaroon
1 hour ago, Jeff said:

Yeah I'm a Hibs fan with my 50 quid donation count and appearances in Hearts charity games.

Swing and a miss

Ok, just strange.

41 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Ok, just strange.

It's the best goal I have ever seen in person and probably will always be.

If it was a Hibs goal it would be strange

colinmaroon
1 hour ago, Jeff said:

It's the best goal I have ever seen in person and probably will always be.

If it was a Hibs goal it would be strange

Sorry, struggling with that.

Hearts have just signed Craig Gordon and you immediately post him losing two goals that, admittedly, no one could have saved.  Why now?  What is the point?  It is at the very least a dumb sense of timing!

And I am grateful that in my long years supporting Hearts, I have seen Hearts score as good.  Going back to Willie Wallace v Rangers in a 4-2 win at Tynecastle, when he hit a shot from 40 yards that, if there hadn't been a net would still be travelling south.

Austin McCann v Celtic.

There were a few from Rudi that matched it.  Then there's Ozturk v Hibs at Easter Road.  So many more.

Edited by colinmaroon

John Findlay
7 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

Sorry, struggling with that.

Hearts have just signed Craig Gordon and you immediately post him losing two goals that, admittedly, no one could have saved.  Why now?  What is the point?  It is at the very least a dumb sense of timing!

And I am grateful that in my long years supporting Hearts, I have seen Hearts score as good.  Going back to Willie Wallace v Rangers in a 4-2 win at Tynecastle, when he hit a shot from 40 yards that, if there hadn't been a net would still be travelling south.

Austin McCann v Celtic.

There were a few from Rudi that matched it.  Then there's Ozturk v Hibs at Easter Road.  So many more.

Busby 2 against Celtic at Tynecastle in 1978. 

Donald Ford against Motherwell, Texaco Cup 1971? 

Ralph Callachan against Motherwell 1974. Same player against Hibs 1978?

All great howitzers I remember.

23 hours ago, millerjames398 said:

Get the antonshill hearts flag pictures up davie😄🇱🇻

Just for you James

20200630_192018.jpg

Edited by davie1980

millerjames398
1 hour ago, davie1980 said:

Just for you James

20200630_192018.jpg

16 yrs and 3 stone ago😄👍🏼🇱🇻

4 minutes ago, millerjames398 said:

16 yrs and 3 stone ago😄👍🏼🇱🇻

3 stone?

You or me?

I got a 30" waist pair of shorts on today

millerjames398
1 minute ago, davie1980 said:

3 stone?

You or me?

I got a 30" waist pair of shorts on today

Nae worries slim..obviously me I'm talkin about😄

Smoked-Glass

Robbos bar was a mess of broken glass after we scored and am sure a little jakey guy ended up on his back.