Peter Haring

Kiwidoug

Anyone itk on whether he is now injury free and returning to us?

The club might have given an update that I've missed.

11 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Thanks for that.  His attitude is very encouraging.  Unless I've misread it however it seems that he needs further surgery.

The last Hearts player I can recall being so unlucky with injury is Andrew Driver but he finally recovered to win a Scottish Cup winners medal and play a blinder although the opponents were absolutely hopeless.

Ibrahim Tall
1 hour ago, Natural Orders said:

“Peter Haring has vowed to remain a Hearts player regardless of relegation.”

Given he’s not kicked a ball in a year and it’s still pretty much anyone’s guess when he will again that’s hardly a surprise. I doubt the offers are flooding in. :laugh: 

pettigrewsstylist

Cost us a fortune for very little return. Shame, liked the guys performances.

Do clubs generally have insurance to cover things like this and salaries? Anyone ITK?

Berra than you
2 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Do clubs generally have insurance to cover things like this and salaries? Anyone ITK?

Will he have cost us a fortune? I've no idea what his wages are like but doubt he was a high earner when he first came. Granted we gave him an extension, but as you say I'm sure the club will have insurance for cover at least part of injured players salaries. Feel for him. Can't help but feel had we not risked him in the cup final and he had stayed fit, we might not have been in the position we are now.

Absolute Scenes
5 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

😂😂😂😂😂😂

this place man

thats right, a guy from division 2 in Austria cost us a fortune

He Who Cannot Be Named

I'd imagine there is some kid of insurance tied in with long term injury.

I almost always keep forgetting he's still at the club! If he gets fit he will be a major player for us. Can't speak for anyone else but for me, every time he received the ball I always felt confident he'd make the correct pass/decision. Other players can be a bit "oh shit, what's he goin to do with this!?" and put you on edge, nothing like that when Haring had the ball, similarly the same with Jimmy Dunne. Very composed and his loan replacement Shaughnessy had the opposite effect. Hopefully Haring can get this sorted. Too important a player to not have.

17 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Was he no a free transfer? I mind reading somewhere that he had a clause in his contract with his previous club, which allowed him to leave if they weren't promoted.

Peter Haring is a Hearts player and everything possible has to be done to get him fit again so he can carry on his career with Hearts or with another. Hearts have a duty of care with Peter and just remember all Hearts players at the club will be looking at what the club does to help Peter recover. Imagine Hearts treated Peter in a shoddy way, what would our players think as they would look at it and say is this how they’d treat me. Not very good for club loyalty I’d imagine.

Really hope we can get him back and he can find his form. Missing over a year of playing will he come back the same player? Heres hoping.

Edited by Mr 3 Putt

50 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

A lot of contracts these days the basic salary is pretty low. It's built up on appearance fees and bonuses etc 

Spine of the team 

We wouldn’t have been bottom with a fully fit Haring for sure

Really hoping he gets through this injury 

A fit Peter Haring is a top player. If there’s any chance we can get him right he’s worth it

Bunny Munro

He'll hit 15 goals next season if he can play most games. From defense mid.

We'd be mid table at least if he was fit.

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

A fit Peter Haring is a top player. If there’s any chance we can get him right he’s worth it

our best player 

Celtic hadn’t had a sniff on goal in the cup final prior to Peter going off. Ten mins later it was all over.

Absolutely brilliant player in the middle of the park. Would be like a new signing if he were to get fit again.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Haring at his best reminded me of Paul Hartley, not in style but of a player moved into a new position and excelling there. I hope he can finally overcome his injury and get back in the side and give us someone in midfield who actually looks like they know the way to goal.

He's an absolute colossus. Had he been fit last season I doubt we'd have been in this situation. Now we have Gordon I think we have a fairly clear spine to the team assuming Haring is fit:

Gordon

Berra

Haring

Naismith

Boyce

The question becomes can we get an upgrade on Berra?

It’s not a Peter Harding’s fault he’s injured, the guy has just been very unlucky, no one will be hurting more than him

Put Into some context Bruno Aguair did not kick a ball for Hearts in 18 months, after one of his own team mates Julian Brellier went over the top on a training ground game

Aguair came back a better player 

1 hour ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

We're the biggest club by far that he's played for. No way he costs a fortune......!

Guest ToqueJambo
18 minutes ago, OTT said:

He's an absolute colossus. Had he been fit last season I doubt we'd have been in this situation. Now we have Gordon I think we have a fairly clear spine to the team assuming Haring is fit:

Gordon

Berra

Haring

Naismith

Boyce

We have one in John Souttar. Expected to return in August last I looked. I also think Halkett might come good with Gordon behind him and playing in a more settled system, although wouldn't be surprised to see him tried at DM if Haring isn't back.

Haring was also at his best when he had Lee in midfield with him. Not sure what's happening with Lee but he still has a years contract as far as i'm aware. To have both in midfield next season, and playing at a lower level could be the catalyst to an on-form team come next season. It could help Haring a lot to not play at such a fast pace in the Premier.

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

We have one in John Souttar. Expected to return in August last I looked. I also think Halkett might come good with Gordon behind him and playing in a more settled system, although wouldn't be surprised to see him tried at DM if Haring isn't back.

Souttar is quality, but he's injury prone as they come. Relying on a player who breaks down at least once a season is dangerous, I'm not saying to let him go or anything, for our wages we've got a fine player. I do share your sentiments about Halkett in a settled system. 

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I like Halkett as a player, gives his all but far more effective playing in front of a defensive two. Not so keen on him in a back two but with Haring in as a defensive midfielder, possibly he might kick on knowing someone like that is in front of him. Halkett's also a handy back-up striker to boot. Souttar is a bit of a worry for me. Injuries have already taken it's toll so far in his career, hopefully he'll get fit and back to form.

9 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Thanks for that.  His attitude is very encouraging.  Unless I've misread it however it seems that he needs further surgery.

The last Hearts player I can recall being so unlucky with injury is Andrew Driver but he finally recovered to win a Scottish Cup winners medal and play a blinder although the opponents were absolutely hopeless.

😂

That's the spirit Doug.  Keep on getting right in about their ribs :fing25:

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Be some team for the Championship if they all stay and stay fit.

Gordon 

Smith Souttar Halkett Hickey 

Clare Haring Lee Moore 

Naismith 

Boyce 

16 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Gordon 

Clare Haring Lee Moore 

Naismith 

Boyce 

Smith, Hickey and Boyce might be tough to hold onto for a season in the Championship :(

33 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Gordon 

Clare Haring Lee Moore 

Naismith 

Boyce 

We will need plenty experience to get out on the first attempt and we have enough within the club, maybe one or two other experienced players in to mix with the older heads. Need to make sure we have two players for each position like we used to years ago.It's not actually too bad if you put them all together.

………..……………………...……….GORDON

………….………………………………..(Stone)

......SMITH………..SOUTTAR…………...BERRA...……GARUCCIO

(Brandon)………….(Halkett)………(another/Dunne)…………...(White)

CLARE..…………........LEE...……………….HARING...……………...WALKER

(another/…………....(Irving)……(Halkett/Cochrane)………… (Moore)

McDonald)

………….………………NAISMITH...…….WASHINGTON

………….………(Boyce/Shankland)………(Ikpeazu)

Halkett can play defence or midfield, switch as and when needed, not used Hickey as could potentially leave for good money but if not, switch with Garuccio or White. (actually....is White still here!?)

Edited by jambonian

Lord Beni of Gorgie
11 minutes ago, Phage said:

Smith, Hickey and Boyce might be tough to hold onto for a season in the Championship :(

2 minutes ago, jambonian said:

We will need plenty experience to get out on the first attempt and we have enough within the club, maybe one or two other experienced players in to mix with the older heads. Need to make sure we have two players for each position like we used to years ago.It's not actually too bad if you put them all together.

………..……………………...……….GORDON

………….………………………………..(Stone)

......SMITH………..SOUTTAR…………...BERRA...……GARUCCIO

(Brandon)………….(Halkett)………(another/Dunne)…………...(White)

CLARE..…………........LEE...……………….HARING...……………...WALKER

(another/…………....(Irving)……(Halkett/Cochrane)………… (Moore)

McDonald)

………….………………NAISMITH...…….WASINGTON

………….………another/Shankland………(Ikpeazu)

Halkett can play defence or midfield, switch as and when needed, not used Hickey as could potentially leave for good money but if not, switch with Garuccio or White. (actually....is White still here!?)

Mixture of youth and experience would be good,  much water under the bridge I suspect 

1 hour ago, Leisham38 said:

Celtic hadn’t had a sniff on goal in the cup final prior to Peter going off. Ten mins later it was all over.

Absolutely brilliant player in the middle of the park. Would be like a new signing if he were to get fit again.

Just had a look back at the stats for that game. Celtic 'penalty' was on 62 mins, Haring went off eventually on 81 mins, Celtic winner on 82 mins. Was surprised to see he was on until then, seem to remember him going off earlier. 

Loved the celebrations for Edwards goal that day, place went mental, really thought we were gonna do it. 

Berra than you
5 minutes ago, Walrus said:

Just had a look back at the stats for that game. Celtic 'penalty' was on 62 mins, Haring went off eventually on 81 mins, Celtic winner on 82 mins. Was surprised to see he was on until then, seem to remember him going off earlier. 

Loved the celebrations for Edwards goal that day, place went mental, really thought we were gonna do it. 

One of the biggest bounces at a goal I've  experienced. Just because it was so unexpected in terms of how poor we were at the time and the fact it was Edwards who scored. 

11 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Anyone itk on whether he is now injury free and returning to us?

The club might have given an update that I've missed.

Heard he is fit and ready to go whenever that may be ... Robbie already has him down as his first pick holding Midfielder

2 hours ago, OTT said:

Gordon

Berra

Haring

Naismith

Boyce

Some will disagree, but add Souttar, Halks, Walker, Irving and Clare to that and we're a cracking team.

Smith isn't away anywhere yet, neither is Washington. Hendo, Moore, McD, Harry, C Smith, Brandon, perhaps even Morrison all have parts to play too.

It's far far from a bad squad.

Haring, you feel, is the glue though.

(no. Lbs mentioned here: think Aaron will go, jury still out on Ben and Aidy, but either of them could grab the chance given extended run instead team)

Bunny Munro
56 minutes ago, Walrus said:

The winner came as a direct result of Haring going off. The ball went right through the space he'd been covering all game. We were still trying to organise the midfield from the sub. In some way reminded me of Sows winner at Ibrox, scored due to them making a defensive sub and not being lined up yet.

No one seems to talk about the midfield. We've not had a midfield in over a year.

Especially in CM. other than haring's relatively short spell our last centre mid was djoum.

Games are won and lost in the middle of the park. Badly need some real quality in there to help the young guys like irving and cochrane come onto a game.

1 hour ago, Disco Ball said:

Heard he is fit and ready to go whenever that may be ... Robbie already has him down as his first pick holding Midfielder

He is getting an op.

6 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

He is getting an op.

Where have you seen that.   I remember an interview from him but it was weeks ago and he was feeling in a good place?

2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Gordon 

Clare Haring Lee Moore 

Naismith 

Boyce 

To be able to list a side not including Irving shows just how strong we will be.  Bearing in mind that most of our oponents will be absolutely skint makes us even stronger.

That side will be extremely strong in the top division which I am sure is where we will be.  Most of those oponents will also be absolutely skint.

allystrachan
3 hours ago, Leisham38 said:

Spot on! 

I'm still certain he will never play again.

15 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

Where have you seen that.   I remember an interview from him but it was weeks ago and he was feeling in a good place?

Ask Robbie.