Relegation Clauses

GinRummy

Does anybody know the deal with relegation clauses. Do our players just lose a bit of cash or do they have release clauses. If it’s the latter, is the club waiting on Robbie working out who he wants to keep or maybe confirmation that we are playing in The Championship.

Edited by GinRummy

gashauskis9

Mass clear out next week I suspect.  Robbie will already know who he wants punted and who he wants to make a move for.  

Bunny Munro

I'm not sure, but it could be one or more of the following.

1) Pay cut.

2) we can release them

3) either of us can break the contract

4) automatic release (like DS).

If it's option 1 then it's already happened with the COVID19 cuts. 

I hope it's 2. 

When they players accepted the pay cuts did the club not agree there would be no more even if we get relegated.....?

indianajones
37 minutes ago, Barack said:

Pretty much the entire first team squad will have a relegation clause written into their contracts.

Whether they wish to use them, is another matter.

There arent many we would like to keep as fans i'd imagine. 

Hope Clare stays. Total turn around from that guy!

2 hours ago, Section Q said:

When they players accepted the pay cuts did the club not agree there would be no more even if we get relegated.....?

Yes

Ex member of the SaS

Hopefully Robbie has seen our games and has run the rule over all of our players, and will know who he wants to keep, and who to let go. Hard for a new manager to walk in at a point where many players good or bad have to instantly be assessed in a short time period. 

58 minutes ago, Dr Ian Malcolm said:

It's a relegation wage drop clause: 25% drop from original salary.

Thanks. Was kind of hoping sone contracts could be terminated but I suspected that wage cuts were more likely clauses. 

Glamorgan Jambo
38 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Yes

No actually. They stated that if we did get relegated the relegation clauses would not be in addition to the agreed (for how many months) Covid reductions. Folks were worried we’d try to do what we did with Ryan Stevenson after Budgement day; ie put the relegation clause on top of the decrease in salary he’d agreed with the administrators.

1 hour ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

No actually. They stated that if we did get relegated the relegation clauses would not be in addition to the agreed (for how many months) Covid reductions. Folks were worried we’d try to do what we did with Ryan Stevenson after Budgement day; ie put the relegation clause on top of the decrease in salary he’d agreed with the administrators.

Think that’s what I said??????