Eurovision, the story of fire saga.

superjack

Just finished watching this film on Netflix. Really enjoyed it, quite funny, especially when the Eurovision was based in Edinburgh for this film. The eurovision parts were filmed in the hydro, great of the scottish scenes were in edinburgh. It looked really cool when they had the hydro at the end of chambers street.

Carl Weathers

I thought it was a shocker and found it a bit cringey to watch at times. I only watched it because it was filmed in Edinburgh.

I was also surprised there were no Scottish actors in it at all. It could have been set anywhere really.

Edited by Carl Weathers

16 minutes ago, Carl Weathers said:

I thought it was a shocker and found it a bit cringey to watch at times. I only watched it because it was filmed in Edinburgh.

I was also surprised there were no Scottish actors in it at all. It could have been set anywhere really.

You did better than me.  I gave it 15 mins.

Didn't find it funny and thought the characters were very poorly cast, and the chemistry between Will Ferrell and Rachel McAdams was poor.

Seen the trailer and gave it a miss.

Was given this book a few years back.

Boy from Livi, who worked at eurovision 2009 in moscow.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bulletproof-Eggshells-Andy-Colhoun/dp/9197680818/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?dchild=1&keywords=walking+on+bulletproof+eggshells&qid=1593301649&s=books&sr=1-1-fkmr0

Funnier. that any will ferrel  movie effort.

Worth it if you can get hold of a copy.

It was OK, Edinburgh looked stunning though.

The Father Ted episode when they deliberately sabotage their Eurovision chances because its too expensive to host was better 

2 hours ago, FWJ said:

Quite a few ESC stars (or “stars” if you will) in it to spot for us Eurovision nerds.  Quite a few mistakes too....

I seen people say this but I never really clocked many? Massively pedantic, but the fact it was dark in Iceland during Eurovision was a massive one I noticed. It gets dark at like midnight there in summer.

Was alright, nothing great. Always annoys me watching stuff in Edinburgh that makes no sense. The car scene trying to scramble to the venue was annoying. They drove along George IV Bridge 3 times, just to end up at... George IV Bridge. :lol:

Things like Spain (and the U.K. I think) in the semi-final, the way the votes were broadcast in the semis, the Netherlands spokesperson said ‘those are the votes from Holland‘, one of the acts had 7 on stage.

Oh, and Pierce Brosnan’s accent.  Clearly couldn’t do Icelandic and went for Swedish instead!
The drive around was fun.  As you say, up and down Victoria Street, High Street and George IV Bridge was a bit bizarre - but how good would it be if there was a ‘Hydro’ on Bristo Place!

Nice shots of the Ross Fountain, Princes Street Gardens, Calton Hill - even Albany Street.

I saw someone saying they saw more of town in that film than they had in the last 3 months...