Pineapple: should it have ever been a pizza topping?

Angel eyes

J.T.F.Robertson
On 27/06/2020 at 12:18, Cade said:

Tomato = fruit

Chilli peppers = fruit

Sweet peppers = fruit

Olives = fruit

I've been walloping a lot (a lot) more "fruit" than I thought.

SpruceBringsteen
2 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

There are a lot of people who feign disgust at pineapple on pizza because it's a 'thing'. They are the worst people in the debate.

Could have ended the thread here. It's no for me, but who the **** cares? I'm daft for sweetcorn on a pizza. In France I had a fried egg on one. Over here I've had a poutine pizza big enough to choke a horse. 

Just eat what you want eh, as long as it's no tomato sauce with a steak.

My favourite pizza is Hawaiian, preferably thin crust, and that has pineapple.  At the other extreme, if I'm having a regular pizza, I like anchovies.  🍕

As for the discussion about what is a fruit and what is a vegetable, I always thought that if something is pollinated that makes it a fruit.  But what about beans and peas?  They're pollinated, but they're described as legumes when they're still pods, but inside the pods are seeds, so I give up.

2 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

My favourite pizza is Hawaiian, preferably thin crust, and that has pineapple.  At the other extreme, if I'm having a regular pizza, I like anchovies.  🍕

As for the discussion about what is a fruit and what is a vegetable, I always thought that if something is pollinated that makes it a fruit.  But what about beans and peas?  They're pollinated, but they're described as legumes when they're still pods, but inside the pods are seeds, so I give up.

Yeah.  Don't get the hatred for pineapple on pizza at all.

I think it is quite nice.

It's kinda like chucking uncooked apple chunks in a curry just before serving - which is amazing.