BBC Glastonbury on iPlayer.

Tazio

Due to the lack of Glastonbury this year BBC have put a number of Classic sets on iPlayer. If you’re struggling to think what to watch on telly tonight you can instead put together your own dream music festival. I’m in the middle of Radiohead from 1997. Stunning set of classic songs, before they seemed to started making the more experimental stuff. 

I’m watching the coverage on BBC2 just now. That Florence from Florence And The Machine really can’t sing live. 

Nucky Thompson

Really enjoying the BBC coverage of past festivals tonight.

Hopefully Glasto is back bigger and better next year

2 hours ago, Cade said:

Portishead in 2013 was a doozy.

Pulp 1995.

Prodigy 1995 and 2009 both superb.

I couldn't find Pulp, what section are they listed under? Watching Brian Wilson instead for now.

Might watch The Prodigy but just don't know if it will cut it with not being in the crowd for it.

10 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

Turned into a Rolling Stones show now. 

Not a bad Gimme Shelter and the female singer had a pretty good crack at it, but every singer I’ve heard doing the that part makes you realise how unbelievable Merry Clayton’s original take was. Especially considering they got her out of bed to come to the studio in the middle of the night!

Nucky Thompson

I love the Rolling Stones. Amazing how many top bands this small island has produced over the years

stevieboobs

Been watching Orbital, Jon Hopkins and Groove Armada . Chemical Brothers up next.

Enjoying  this more than if it was actually on..

All roads lead to Gorgie

At least The Stones and Arthur Lee provide some proper musicianship. Contrast Bouncy Castle on BBC2.

SwindonJambo
24 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I love the Rolling Stones. Amazing how many top bands this small island has produced over the years

So do I. I've seen them 38 times :D Didn't make Glasto though.

Statts1976uk

Last night was the first time I have managed to see the Jay-Z set, whilst many might not like his music he certainly knew how to play Glastonbury.

Edited by Statts1976uk

2 hours ago, crunchy frog said:

Wheres the Ozric Tentacles set from 92?

Fewmin man 😠 

Just in case you weren't being sarcastic, Glastonbury wasn't getting filmed for TV until 94.

crunchy frog
1 hour ago, fast_blood said:

Just in case you weren't being sarcastic, Glastonbury wasn't getting filmed for TV until 94.

I wasn't but that's an interesting fact and a bit of a shame as that was the only year I went and j can't remember much of it now

Just now, crunchy frog said:

I wasn't but that's an interesting fact and a bit of a shame as that was the only year I went and j can't remember much of it now

Massive shame. I would love to see a lot of older footage if it was possible. 

Салатные палочки

Watched Oasis (1994?) and the Cure last night. Was nice to see Oasis sounding and looking a bit raw. Like him or not, Liam Gallagher was a proper rock star from day one. 

Found it funny when Noel started playing the opening riff of Cigarettes and Alcohol and the crusties thought for a minute it was T. Rex. 

Edited by Salad Fingers

been here before
15 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I didn't realise Adele was really Catherine Tate 

This generations Alison Moyet.

To be honest Ive got a wee but of a thing for Adele, a bit of a guilty secret if you will.

Blown it now though... way too scrawny.

Edited by been here before

4 minutes ago, been here before said:

This generations Alison Moyet.

To be honest Ive got a wee but of a thing for Adele, a bit of a guilty secret if you will.

Blown it now though... way too scrawny.

Great voice and some great songs as long as she doesn’t get too maudlin. Bit disappointed she doesn’t have the usual Tottenham flag she has somewhere on the stage for her gigs. 

been here before
58 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Great voice and some great songs as long as she doesn’t get too maudlin. Bit disappointed she doesn’t have the usual Tottenham flag she has somewhere on the stage for her gigs. 

I quite like that Rolling In The Deep tune, Skyfall and the one about the rain. Theres probably another couple but I dont know there names.

Ive ofter thought she'd be decent company over a pint until she hits the maudlin stage about how the ex's left her and all the shite she sings about and how all men are *******s. 

Hopefully though before then though we'd have grabbed a pizza, sealed the deal and she'd be on her way in the morning off home to write a song about a night spent with a Hearts fan who broke her heart.

Watched a couple that I saw when I was there - bloc party from 2009 and Jamie XX from 2015. 

The Jamie XX set was probably the set that has stuck in my mind most from both times I've been. 

Adele is a prick.

Said that she felt like going on a shooting rampage because she has to pay the highest rate of tax.

She was that upset about "only"  taking home FOUR MILLION QUID in a single year after tax.

17 minutes ago, ecjambo said:

Had a scan through iplayer but couldn’t see Chemical Brothers. Does anyone know if it’s on there? 

It's under DJs and Dance on the Glastonbury section.

There are two sets, 2000 and 2019.

Edited by Sooperstar

7 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Cheers mate

That Foo Fighters set was awesome Dave Grohl really is a top performer and a really top bloke, so I'm lead to believe.

6 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Both are (were) quality set's.

18 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Both are (were) quality set's.

Watched the 2019 one when it was on last year, will check out the other one during the week.

gashauskis9
14 minutes ago, Tazio said:

That’s Bowie on now. Good glass of red and volume on the telly cranked up. 
Masterful and what a backing band! 

Absolutely.  Love how he apologises before Life on Mars on account of his laryngitis and then proceeds to absolutely ****ing nail it.  Perfection. Miss the guy like mad.  

20 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Bowie was a genius. God rest his soul

Absolutely gutted I never saw him live.  Had tickets for T in the Park but he cancelled due to illness and never toured again.

From Little Wonder to Golden Years seamlessly. What an incredible backing band. My only regret is that the only time I saw him live was the Serious Moonlight tour, brilliant gig but very showbiz. I always think he’s better with a stripped back band. 

gashauskis9
7 minutes ago, Tazio said:

From Little Wonder to Golden Years seamlessly. What an incredible backing band. My only regret is that the only time I saw him live was the Serious Moonlight tour, brilliant gig but very showbiz. I always think he’s better with a stripped back band. 

Was that the one at Murrayfield?  I was too young at the time, but I can still remember my neighbour going, all dressed up in blue suit and makeup.  I was only 5 or 6 at the time and thought he looked like a twat.  I was too young to understand the scene 😂.

1 minute ago, gashauskis9 said:

Was that the one at Murrayfield?  I was too young at the time, but I can still remember my neighbour going, all dressed up in blue suit and makeup.  I was only 5 or 6 at the time and thought he looked like a twat.  I was too young to understand the scene 😂.

That’s the one. Loads of people there in their fanciest outfits to see their god. The weather was awful though and everyone was drenched before Bowie came on. Sodding Thompson Twins were one of the supports, beyond awful. 

Nucky Thompson
13 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Absolutely gutted I never saw him live.  Had tickets for T in the Park but he cancelled due to illness and never toured again.

The closest I got was standing listening outside Murrayfield in Roseburn park in 1983.

37 years ago this very day