• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• The Real Maroonblood

• Sooperstar

• Cade

Just now, Neil Dongcaster said:

Was forwarded some distressing images. Doesn’t look good.

What is it about is it a terror attack ?

Neil Dongcaster
Just now, vegas-voss said:

What is it about is it a terror attack ?

Wouldn’t like to speculate but it looks like there are several dead from what I’ve seen.

OmiyaHearts

I'm going to stick my neck out and say it's not a terrorist attack. It happened in a hostel for homeless people.

My wife works less  than 100m from the incident. Central has closed it's gates and most roads within half  mile are closed off.

*edit* Wife has been told to close the shop until further notice...

Edited by OmiyaHearts

3 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

Wouldn’t like to speculate but it looks like there are several dead from what I’ve seen.

Have heard 3 dead so far 

2 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I'm going to stick my neck out and say it's not a terrorist attack. It happened in a hostel for homeless people.

My wife works less  than 100m from the incident. Central has closed it's gates and most roads within half  mile are closed off.

Brutal whatever it is.Glad your wife is safe inside

What heck is going on in our country, I despair at people who don’t care about other people’s lives. 

There was a stabbing, a rape and a hammer attack in Glasgow yesterday. It's a shame to say it but with it happening in Glasgow it could be anything tbf, not necessarily terror related. 

Some reports a police officer stabbed as well (not confirmed)

twitter from police saying officer stabbed. 

Edited by Dannie Boy

OmiyaHearts
7 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

There was a stabbing, a rape and a hammer attack in Glasgow yesterday. It's a shame to say it but with it happening in Glasgow it could be anything tbf, not necessarily terror related. 

I've been in the town a few times. Junkies and homeless taken over the place and been making peoples lives hell.

Last week, staff in Central Station told me to avoid Hope Street due to mass muggings. Groups of homeless just swarming on people and taking everything. On Tuesday there was  a stabbing outside Nero at St Enoch as well. It's been mental the last few weeks.

4 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Shots fired as well hopefully taking out the stabber.

Yes the reports are that the culprit has been shot dead.

One of the victims was a black man and another a man who appears to be Asian. Assume the 3rd is the police officer.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

One of the victims was a black man and another a man who appears to be Asian. Assume the 3rd is the police officer.

I think it’s three dead and the PC who is in hospital. Not saying if the attacker is dead or not.

4 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Yes the reports are that the culprit has been shot dead.

I hate saying it but, good. 

16 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I've been in the town a few times. Junkies and homeless taken over the place and been making peoples lives hell.

Last week, staff in Central Station told me to avoid Hope Street due to mass muggings. Groups of homeless just swarming on people and taking everything. On Tuesday there was  a stabbing outside Nero at St Enoch as well. It's been mental the last few weeks.

Glasgow gone back to the 90's in the last few weeks it seems. 

The Real Maroonblood
16 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Shots fired as well hopefully taking out the stabber.

Some posters will not be happy with that.

35 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

What heck is going on in our country, I despair at people who don’t care about other people’s lives. 

So this....

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Now confirmed that the suspect has been shot.

Confirmed as being killed. I was sitting in the pub opposite it in January, bit surreal. 

14 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Some posters will not be happy with that.

To be honest I’m not happy with it myself but we really need to clamp down right across the UK with much stricter actions by the police. 
Id imagine the stabber threatened or tried to attack someone or attack the armed police. 

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, Dannie Boy said:

To be honest I’m not happy with it myself but we really need to clamp down right across the UK with much stricter actions by the police. 
Id imagine the stabber threatened or tried to attack someone or attack the armed police. 

I’ve no problem with it as long as it’s justifiable  homicide.

Pasquale for King
Just now, Dannie Boy said:

It was aimed at me, we had a discussion on another topic about my thoughts that if possible these attackers should be arrested. Most of the others think they should just be shot and killed, I tried to make the point that it’s 2020 not the Wild West or a Hollywood movie. 

Governor Tarkin
4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It was aimed at me, we had a discussion on another topic about my thoughts that if possible these attackers should be arrested. Most of the others think they should just be shot and killed, I tried to make the point that it’s 2020 not the Wild West or a Hollywood movie. 

In this case it absolutely is the wild west. 👍

The Real Maroonblood
8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

👍

13 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Confirmed as being killed. I was sitting in the pub opposite it in January, bit surreal. 

Near miss then Trotsky

7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

The alternative is the police being the judge, jury and executioner. It's not something I'm comfortable with either, as I don't believe in the death penalty, but I know many are and do. You'd surely think a squad of big strong guys armed with automatic weapons could capture someone with a knife in a non-lethal fashion.

The easy answer is don't go about stabbing people, and that's hard to argue with I guess at face value.

Watching it on BBC news now, awful stuff.

OmiyaHearts
38 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Glasgow gone back to the 90's in the last few weeks it seems. 

Since lockdown, the jakies have taken over the city centre.

luckyBatistuta

Folk can sleep a little safer tonight in the knowledge that one less murderer walks our streets.

2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

The alternative is the police being the judge, jury and executioner. It's not something I'm comfortable with either, as I don't believe in the death penalty, but I know many are and do. You'd surely think a squad of big strong guys armed with automatic weapons could capture someone with a knife in a non-lethal fashion.

The easy answer is don't go about stabbing people, and that's hard to argue with I guess at face value.

I agree with what you’ve said.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Taffin said:

Yeah we had the discussion about shooting to incapacitate attackers, I don’t think they’re trained to shoot to kill. Easy for me to say though, it will all be forensically investigated. 
Horrific for all concerned. 

luckyBatistuta
6 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Near miss then Trotsky

4 minutes ago, Fluorescent Adolescent said:

:rofl:

:lol:

No Doubt Cllr Kelly will be along soon to say the Police officer brought it upon himself and that the suspect was an innocent victim of Police Brutality.

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

In this case it absolutely is the wild west. 👍

It would appear so.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Since lockdown, the jakies have taken over the city centre.

Friendly city.

OmiyaHearts

BTW the reports on the news that the city is in 'lockdown' is a lot of pish. Only west George Street is closed off.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Folk can sleep a little safer tonight in the knowledge that one less murderer walks our streets.

Fair comment.

Ibrahim Tall

1 minute ago, Taffin said:

I don’t disagree that an arrest would be ‘better’ but given in these situations you’ve generally got a brainwashed nut job who will happily die trying to take someone else with him being ‘big’ or ‘strong’ isn’t that important. If there’s even a 20% chance the officer get knifed then taking the shot is the only logical option. Police officers have families too.

OmiyaHearts
1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Friendly city.

It's a class city, I love living here.

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

It's a class city, I love living here.

Long as you’re happy.