James Anderson donation........

Section Q

Ainsley Harriott

The guy just loves football. Thankfully we seem to be his favourite over other clubs they get a wee donation we get millions.

King Of The Cat Cafe
On 29/07/2020 at 13:54, Ainsley Harriott said:

The guy just loves football. Thankfully we seem to be his favourite over other clubs they get a wee donation we get millions.

And just think how grateful other clubs were for us introducing him to them...

Its clear this guy wants to help soceity with his money and he see's football as the best way meeting his goals. We should feel lucky that he is also willing to help us out along side his other projects.

SectionDJambo
29 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

And when Ann Budge told Doncaster about the help that James Anderson was offering, he told her to "put in a paper". Doncaster, the same guy who is now trying to say he had a league sponsor lined up before Covid 19 came round. He probably told them, if they exist, to "put in a paper" as well.

It has to hurt Mr Anderson, even just a wee bit, to have to engage in any way with a complete imposter as Doncaster. 

Maybe a wee timely reminder to the SFA not to throw some further unfair punishment at us. (Well we can hope with these ****wits)

SFA shafts itself through favouritism and in competence.  Hearts philanthropist bails them out.  SFA about to shaft Hearts.

Only in Scotland.

What James Anderson is doing is incredible. Its his money and I wouldn't for a second attempt to demand how he spends it. I would however say that irrespective of his introduction to Doncaster and co being through Ann (i.e those incompetents at the SFA/SPFL have done nothing to attract the philanthropy themselves) adds credibility to Doncaster and co's position. 

By continuing to keep money coming in it gives Doncaster and his cohorts an illusion that they are continuing to secure funding for Scottish football. They are not. The reality is they are so bad at their job they are dependent on funding by charity to protect the clubs they should be protecting through commercial income like the TV deal or league sponsorship. The reality is if JA was not there the money to help support these clubs wouldn't be there. That is an indictment of Doncasters incompetence.  

You know the saying about teaching a man to fish because it removes his dependency on begging for more fish? Well the same stands true of Scottish football. The philanthropy continues to prop up what is a failed CEO, a failed board a, failed governing body and a failed league. 

I understand JA's money isn't about that, its about reaching grass roots, but money from the top should already be trickling down but its not because Doncaster and co are utterly incapable of securing a competitive TV deal or even a bloody sponsor for our league. 

I'm not criticising him for a moment, I'm criticising the need for his money in the first place. Scottish football is an international laughing stock because of weasels like Doncaster who have done nothing but take and offer literally nothing back. Its disgusting. 

Maiden Gorgie
10 minutes ago, OTT said:

What James Anderson is doing is incredible. Its his money and I wouldn't for a second attempt to demand how he spends it. I would however say that irrespective of his introduction to Doncaster and co being through Ann (i.e those incompetents at the SFA/SPFL have done nothing to attract the philanthropy themselves) adds credibility to Doncaster and co's position. 

By continuing to keep money coming in it gives Doncaster and his cohorts an illusion that they are continuing to secure funding for Scottish football. They are not. The reality is they are so bad at their job they are dependent on funding by charity to protect the clubs they should be protecting through commercial income like the TV deal or league sponsorship. The reality is if JA was not there the money to help support these clubs wouldn't be there. That is an indictment of Doncasters incompetence.  

You know the saying about teaching a man to fish because it removes his dependency on begging for more fish? Well the same stands true of Scottish football. The philanthropy continues to prop up what is a failed CEO, a failed board a, failed governing body and a failed league. 

I understand JA's money isn't about that, its about reaching grass roots, but money from the top should already be trickling down but its not because Doncaster and co are utterly incapable of securing a competitive TV deal or even a bloody sponsor for our league. 

I'm not criticising him for a moment, I'm criticising the need for his money in the first place. Scottish football is an international laughing stock because of weasels like Doncaster who have done nothing but take and offer literally nothing back. Its disgusting. 

Excellent post

If James Anderson and the other person hadn't provided funds:- 

1. Leagues One and Two would not have happened. Leading to players leaving the game and some clubs facing extinction.

2. The Championship might have gone ahead - maybe 18 games. But probably leading to no promotion and relegation. Leading to more dispute. 

3. Womens football would be facing collapse. Again losing players and others from the sport. Not to mention the embarrassment of Glasgow City having to withdraw from the Champions League.

4. Youth football would be facing collapse. 

John Findlay
1 hour ago, OTT said:

Excellent, said the self samething in the Neil Doncaster thread. I think it was that thread.

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, wavydavy said:

We are so fortunate to have a significant connection to that company.  Makes it really frustrating that we performed so poorly, so often over the last three years but the future looks very bright indeed.

On 29/07/2020 at 13:46, John Findlay said:

All this has done is amplify just how useless the Neil Doncaster's and Ian Maxwell's are at governance and raising the profile of our game.

Well it has and it hasn't.

If it has saved clubs from serious hardship, which they may otherwise have faced, then his donations may serve to cover up just how badly these people are at running the sport here.

Apologies for the slight tangent, but was it ever confirmed (or does anyone know) whether or not JA covered all legal costs for the court action and arbitration, and whether or not we ended up liable for any of the SPFL’s costs?

Im sure a poster told me this was the case a while ago before the expenses position was settled but it seemed a bit mad to me. Almost like the SPFL fining a guy who had just donated millions to them.

38 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

There was a rumour going about that we tried to get this guy on the board, as I said just a rumour

Might be some mileage in that, Ann did say there was some boardroom changes coming in her last interview. 

1 hour ago, Clerry Jambo said:

There was a rumour going about that we tried to get this guy on the board, as I said just a rumour

What guy?

1 hour ago, BelgeJambo said:

Might be some mileage in that, Ann did say there was some boardroom changes coming in her last interview. 

Would be an incredible appointment. Don’t see it happening though, surely his other business interests must take up too much of his time? 🤷‍♂️

Harry Potter
On 26/06/2020 at 12:42, Smith's right boot said:

I'd be on that page too. 

Tbh, if I had his money I'd already be dead. 

I'd Likley have bought a club and bankrupted it, contracted several Std's and Likley found dead in a hotel suite covered in cocaine, lipstick, seminal fluid, urine, a zoo animal and a gluttony of fizzy cola bottles and haribo's in a bath tub with a dog collar on. 

Good thing I'm not rich, he's obviously a better man than most!

Better sticking to diet coke, imho🙂.

1 hour ago, BelgeJambo said:

Would be a really good appointment. Considering the money he's donated into the club and the fact he seems even keeled and successful I think he'd be a great appointment. 

Italian Lambretta
21 minutes ago, OTT said:

Would be a really good appointment. Considering the money he's donated into the club and the fact he seems even keeled and successful I think he'd be a great appointment. 

Ann Budge has said in the past he attends board meetings. Or its another benefactor. 

Bazzas right boot
54 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Better sticking to diet coke, imho🙂.

Diet coke is under rated, hated the stuff, now it's on the good guy list. 

• 1 year later...
Malinga the Swinga

He's put more money into Scottish football than David Murray, Dermot Desmond and anyone else you would care to mention.

Has genuine love of game and donates without prejudice. 

We're fortunate to have him on our board.

17 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

He's put more money into Scottish football than David Murray, Dermot Desmond and anyone else you would care to mention.

Has genuine love of game and donates without prejudice. 

We're fortunate to have him on our board.

Scottish Football is fortunate!

Hagar the Horrible

JA has done more to Scottish football in 2 years than the SFA/SPFL combined over its existance

Seriously he should sponsor the Scottish cup, call it the 5-1 Scottish cup

ginger jambo98
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Another donation for grassroots football. He did say there would be more. 

Tam McManus and Stuart Cosgrove will still be in denial about all these donations……

Ex member of the SaS
On 26/06/2020 at 12:49, jonnothejambo said:

Sounds like a normal Saturday night in Clouds back in the 70's. 

I'll never understand how the 3rd floor disco (Ziggy's) didn't collapse because I swear the floor moved. Or maybe it was the alcohol....  

:kirk:

Alcohol is a badly misunderstood liquid. It gets the blame for many things that go wrong and this must end! I am all for starting a campaign to get Alcohol a better deal and a cleaner reputation.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Willie Miller and chums on Radio Scotland will think it can’t possibly be true. 

Willie Miller and chums on Radio Scotland will think?  Now you're just being silly.

It probably won't even get a mention. 

49 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Miller should tap him for a loan for his next business venture.......

I'm sure the response would be 

:bolt:

The response would be 'you've had your chips!'  

Those chumps are willing to open their mouths about anything  other than what stares them in the face

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Another donation for grassroots football. He did say there would be more. 

3 years of Doncasters salary paid. 

On 26/06/2020 at 12:42, Smith's right boot said:

I'd be on that page too. 

Tbh, if I had his money I'd already be dead. 

I'd Likley have bought a club and bankrupted it, contracted several Std's and Likley found dead in a hotel suite covered in cocaine, lipstick, seminal fluid, urine, a zoo animal and a gluttony of fizzy cola bottles and haribo's in a bath tub with a dog collar on. 

Good thing I'm not rich, he's obviously a better man than most!

I’m trying hard to get that hotel room image you’ve painted out of my head 😱

On 04/08/2020 at 18:00, OTT said:

Good post - well said 👍

It's nothing to do with the SPFL.

Bazzas right boot
6 hours ago, PortyBeach said:

I’m trying hard to get that hotel room image you’ve painted out of my head 😱

Don't, let it marinate. 

Byyy The Light

This is a superb post. Could not agree more.

11 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Scottish Football is fortunate!

He has put more in than Dunngcaster has been able to get for selling the complete football package to the world. Shameful really.