James Anderson donation........

Section Q

5 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

As long as the community criteria were met then all 42 clubs could apply

👍

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

I think the financial assistance is a magnificent gesture by Mr Anderson. 

However, something doesn't sit right with me given the fact that this money is going to clubs who have been all too happy to knife us in the back, put a bullet up our arse and to gleefully actually relish our predicament. 

Would someone please explain if I am missing something here ? I'm quite intelligent really but I cannot get my head around this. Or maybe I'm a plank.

🤷‍♂️

Aye, it's a funny one. 

It's his money tho, and maybe he's a football guy and likes to help the sport he loves? 

Maybe it's our ace card to play  if we get to court and go bawz deep on the good faith/ treat all members fairly part of our membership terms and to prove Ann has shown this attitude despite other clubs being hateful, bitter tramps. 

Maybe a bit of both, maybe neither. 

Like you it's a guessing game. 

14 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

However, something doesn't sit right with me given the fact that this money is going to clubs who have been all too happy to knife us in the back, put a bullet up our arse and to gleefully actually relish our predicament. 

Would someone please explain if I am missing something here ? I'm quite intelligent really but I cannot get my head around this. Or maybe I'm a plank.

🤷‍♂️

The money has not been donated on the behalf of Hearts, it has nothing to do with us other than the person who donated it has links to us.

Definitely not Hearts giving money to the clubs who have tried to shaft us.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Indeed it is. 

If it was me, I'd be giving my cash to only the Hearts and laughing so much my sphincter would explode as some of these cockwombles went doon the Desperate Dan. 

Sadly, my pension pot doesn't go that far.....

I'd be on that page too. 

Tbh, if I had his money I'd already be dead. 

I'd Likley have bought a club and bankrupted it, contracted several Std's and Likley found dead in a hotel suite covered in cocaine, lipstick, seminal fluid, urine, a zoo animal and a gluttony of fizzy cola bottles and haribo's in a bath tub with a dog collar on. 

Good thing I'm not rich, he's obviously a better man than most!

26 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

🤷‍♂️

Its not hearts who are donating, its Anderson

3 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Yes, I'm fully aware of that fact. I'm not a feckin complete idiot.....

Quote:

Just saying  🤷‍♂️

Ainsley Harriott
30 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

🤷‍♂️

I think if he had only offered the money to clubs backing hearts it would have then looked like a bribe which he couldn't have.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

I think if he had only offered the money to clubs backing hearts it would have then looked like a bribe which he couldn't have.

He could have, it's his money he could give it to who he wants or not. 

I agree tho, this way looks much better and tbh maybe it's what he wanted, to help all communities. 

He's obviously a genuine, nice bloke that likes football. 

Guy support hearts

guy supports the future of the game in the country.

Guy wants to donate to both.  

Don’t agree, **** the rest but god bless the kind soul of James Anderson.

John Findlay
30 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

🤷‍♂️

In this instance you are being a bit of a plank. Sorry for calling you a plank.

The good Friday resolution most of these clubs has a gun held to their heads. I personally dont blame most of them voting for the resolution due to the way it was presented to them.

Now they should have voted for reconstruction but, I'm not sure they fully understood the repercussions of not voting it through.

All league 1 and 2 and perharps the majority of championships clubs cannot afford the money for Caronavirus testing, so when someone offers to pay for it for you, you are not going to say no. Again I dont blame them for doing so.

The so called big clubs were entitled to apply and have done so and are spending the money via their club charities, which in Hearts case I would guess this will be Big Hearts.

Now after the court case has been done and dusted, we will as a club start playing football again. You cant play if there is no-one to play against. I dont want to see any professional club die, but with the exception of a few, none of them will see my hard earned at their grounds.

I will be boycotting.

7 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

At last, a sensible reply. 

Since you mention sensible!  :)  The money given takes away anyway qualms they had before about ending the season because of money concerns.  Although they had an incline they would receive the money during the latter of reconstructions, they still voted inappropriately (in my opinion).

Now there is no qualms about money, only just, they can now,  if possibly,  vote with a clearer conscience.  Saying that, I still think in my opinion most of them are 💩's

John Findlay
6 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

No worries about calling me a plank, John. I've been called a lot worse. 

A well thought out reply, some of which I agree with, some of which I don't, particularly when it comes to certain clubs not existing after this is over. 

Maybe you're right. They survive, play us and we ram it up them on the park.

Football is still a game. Ask yourself this question. After we have beaten the Aberdeen, Celtic, Hibernian, Rangers, how do you feel?  In the future, how are you going to feel when we ram the Hamilton, Ross County and St Mirren on the park. I bet you ****ing tremendous. I know I'm going to be.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
7 minutes ago, Cairneyhill Jambo said:

So Rangers spend £3m on Hagi and are looking for handouts? Aye???

Ridiculous innit. I respect Anderson for putting his money forward but if the court case goes the SPFL’s way, we’ll have played this hand very badly.

Ann Budge introduced him. It was within her last Reconstruction proposal.

So it is relevant to the background and integrity of our court case. 

I dont think the JA money should have went anywhere near any of the top flight clubs.  Should have been shared from Championship downwards*

*except Dundee :biggrin2:

Mr Anderson as a Hearts shareholder has shown he is trying to protect his investment in Scottish football by providing cash that can be used for covid testing for all clubs.  It is making the point that the SPFL have Damaged his investment by not protecting all clubs as per their remit.  This in my opinion helps any possible court case.  A very clever move in these circumstances.

31 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

No worries about calling me a plank, John. I've been called a lot worse. 

A well thought out reply, some of which I agree with, some of which I don't, particularly when it comes to certain clubs not existing after this is over. 

Maybe you're right. They survive, play us and we ram it up them on the park.

If ONE single thing good comes out of this, I hope it is that we have fomented a seething sense of injustice, discared any fanciful notions of being rivals on the park, business colleagues off the park and make it our mission statement to see every single club we play as vermin and ourselves as Rentokill. 

Class of 75
1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

🤷‍♂️

Totally agree. Can't get my head around it. 

🤷‍♂️

The money was unconditional.  

I guess it is his money, so he makes the rules.  

if it was me, it most certainly would be conditional.   They could behave like arseholes, or they could have the money. 

The money donated isn't for clubs to continue operating, it's either for Covid testing to get football started again or to ensure that each clubs charitable/community work i.e the likes of Big Hearts isn't mothballed due to covid. We could still easily see clubs go under but due to Anderson their community projects can continue for the time being.

Jesus H Christ. I feckin know it isn't....

Feck me. When did I say Hearts were donating ? Get a grip.

Calm down, Jonno. Not like you to get so uptight about one or two JKB lads who only highlighted the situation. I'm also a we e bit upset that a lot of these clubs don't deserve any money after the way they treated us but...it is his money.

John Findlay
7 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Yeah I know, and I genuinely apologise to anyone I was a bit sharp with earlier.

Getting grumpy and need out for a pint.

Sorry folks. 

You dont need a pint 

Just compose a prose for the neighbours. You will feel much better for it.

Edited by John Findlay

Lord Beni of Gorgie

🤷‍♂️

I'm guessing we will be happy on Tuesday Jonno and a court will make a decision that allows the SPFL off the hook. 

Perhaps the gift would have looked too much like a bribe. This is the road taken since the SPFL have admitted this week the rules need changing for 2021

I'm backing Lord Clark to solve it all. 

I love a conspiracy theory 

I think the really interesting thing with this donation was Ann being the middlewoman means that she was instumental in taking the pressure off some of the wee clubs financially in this crisis, even to the detriment of her own reconstruction proposal perhaps... Ann can demonstrate that she has done everything possible to try to steer a fair course but the SPFL Board and members have not.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Ridiculous innit. I respect Anderson for putting his money forward but if the court case goes the SPFL’s way, we’ll have played this hand very badly.

"We'll have" 

It's his money to do as he chooses. 

He's given us money and now given to ever football community across Scotland. 

There is nothing that he has played badly. 

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

"We'll have" 

If Leagues One and Two start with 10 clubs each in October that's down to James Anderson. 

Bazzas right boot
50 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

If Leagues One and Two start with 10 clubs each in October that's down to James Anderson. 

Yip, and that's obviously why he helped. 

4 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

🤷‍♂️

It would require morals to take the money and do the right thing. These unscrupulous ***** couldn't care less. 

Side note: Something seems iffy Celtic (and others) taking the money and giving it to their charity. I think because its a charity there is a belief that it can't be criticised but that money was ring fenced for a specific purpose. To assist clubs struggling to manage Covid testing costs (right?), so they should really be either leaving the money if they don't need it so it can be redistributed to further assist clubs or used for the intended purpose. If they want to donate to their charity, then by all means do that with their own money. JA is a well known philanthropist, I'm sure if asked he'd be happy to support their charities directly. They have numerous wealthy fans who could help support the charity too. 

To be clear, I'm not criticising a charitable donation, just that it was given for the specific purpose in a time of great financial struggle for clubs. It seems disingenuous to take from the pot simply to take from the pot which seems to be what they've done. I.e we're entitled to so we will. There are numerous clubs at Championship and League 1 level who are really struggling, hence the mothball discussion and Championship kicking off late. That money could have been redistributed to support these clubs. 

I'm not trying to sound like the grinch btw, charity is charity but I think the point stands. 

2 minutes ago, j1964m said:

No club in the top fight should be getting any of the money it’s not right it should go to the lower leagues

When it was first announced my reading of it was to support the Championship downwards. A gesture to help support the clubs forgotten about by the SPFL. It seems to have been warped into all clubs. 

complete control
52 minutes ago, j1964m said:

No club in the top fight should be getting any of the money it’s not right it should go to the lower leagues

Bang on mate

Dusk_Till_Dawn
4 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

"We'll have" 

We literally put him forward. Budge made his offer for him. Away and rewatch the Hobos cup win Tosh.

Bazzas right boot
18 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

We literally put him forward. Budge made his offer for him. Away and rewatch the Hobos cup win Tosh.

Aye and it's his money he can do what he wants with it. 

Obviously a lovely, enlightened chap, not a  bitter and  twisted individual, whether you or me don't like it doesn't matter it's his money to do as he wishes. 

Away and talk about hibs winning the cup on another forum. 

It's interesting that every club in the league chose to accept free money, and it could well be the gift that saves some of them from extinction. And yet they didn't give a flying f..k about voting to send us broke.....!

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Another 

Amazing guy, think he should calm the beans although clearly fab cause 🤣

Italian Lambretta
On 26/06/2020 at 22:30, Section Q said:

It's interesting that every club in the league chose to accept free money, and it could well be the gift that saves some of them from extinction. And yet they didn't give a flying f..k about voting to send us broke.....!

Aye but think about poor wee brechin who can now afford to build a ramp for their ageing members to get into their social club

We need to stop this kind of thing, imo.

As far as I’m aware, Anderson is a Hearts supporter, and he got involved with us because he likes the way Budge and Hearts have been going about our business.

His trusts and funds are about helping people and communities through football. We need to stop thinking of him as some rabid Hearts supporter who wants to kill clubs off out of revenge for what they did to HMFC.

He puts money in to causes that help people, with football being the vehicle.

1 minute ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

As far as I’m aware, Anderson is a Hearts supporter, and he got involved with us because he likes the way Budge and Hearts have been going about our business.

His trusts and funds are about helping people and communities through football. We need to stop thinking of him as some rabid Hearts supporter who wants to kill clubs off out of revenge for what they did to HMFC.

Well said. How he spends his money is up to him.

I'm just grateful he has been exceptionally generous to us and has promised future help. 

1 minute ago, stuart500 said:

Well said. How he spends his money is up to him.

I'm just grateful he has been exceptionally generous to us and has promised future help. 

Me too. People need to open their eyes to why Anderson and Budge are at Hearts.

John Findlay

As much as its fantastic that James Anderson and his philanthropist friends have now put in over £4M pounds for all levels of the Scottish game from youth football, the women's game to the professional game.

It is Over £4M pounds that those who are in charge of the game at both the SPFL and SFA failed to get through sponsorship and TV deals. 

No one except an exceptional few in the know wouldnt have known who James Anderson was if a certain woman had not introduced him to the beaks.

I think there will be a part of her thinking. Why did I bother.

All this has done is amplify just how useless the Neil Doncaster's and Ian Maxwell's are at governance and raising the profile of our game. These people should be chased as far as possible from Scottish football, and chased now.

Ffs Scottish football wake up and smell the coffee.

4 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

This pretty much !!

Up to JA how he spends his money and who gets it. I'd imagine there'd have been uproar if he'd made monies available to say only 39 clubs and said to the other three "I don't think you three should get any". As things stand, clubs that need it to cover their COVID expenses now have it, and the remainder goes to charitable trusts, not really sure how anyone can have a problem or think suspiciously of this.

9 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Aye but think about poor wee brechin who can now afford to build a ramp for their ageing members to get into their social club

Their social club was used in a scene from Cocoon.