Joining a cult to.....begin a romantic endeavour

rudiatemyhamster

rudiatemyhamster

Off the back of a crazy dream I just had where there was the possibility of getting my wicked way if I joined a religious cult.  A month of crash course then I would be one of them and a suitable suitor to a stunning brunette that clearly digged me.

Won’t bore you with the rest of the dream - really quite boring - mostly involved fitting out a portacabin.

So it’s just a dream and all just hypothetical but there must of been a number of us that have gone to some ridiculous lengths to win over a woman or man - maybe pretended to be a Hubz fan (no hang on taken that too far 👍😍😊).

Edited by rudiatemyhamster
Spelling mistake

When living up in Livingston, there were 2 very pretty religious girls who were going door to door trying to recruit new members to their church (sect). So I was going to join them just because it seemed I had a chance of getting my Nat. I found out a few days later that my mate did exactly the same as me. I am sure they were Mormons or possibly Jehovah's. 

No, but I took a job at Dolci’s shoe shop when I was 14, because it meant I could get the same bus as a girl I fancied after school. 😄

rudiatemyhamster
36 minutes ago, Marvin said:

When living up in Livingston, there were 2 very pretty religious girls who were going door to door trying to recruit new members to their church (sect). So I was going to join them just because it seemed I had a chance of getting my Nat. I found out a few days later that my mate did exactly the same as me. I am sure they were Mormons or possibly Jehovah's. 

Love it, I remember getting quizzed by a rather fit Scientologist on the Bridges.  She’s probably now locked away in a compound in California meeting Tom Cruise’s every whim.

37 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Were they Canadian or American? 

Years ago I suffered maybe 5hours in total over a few visits by the same sort of people, they send the tidy to lure you in but there is absolutely no chance of pulling them.

rudiatemyhamster
6 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Years ago I suffered maybe 5hours in total over a few visits by the same sort of people, they send the tidy to lure you in but there is absolutely no chance of pulling them.

You seen the episode of Z Nation when Doc gets lured in to the home of 3 sirens... 

33 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Can't honestly remember, but you're right about the tidy ones luring you in.

Convinced a woman, 15 years older then me at an Almighty gig I was Stump Munroe's brother, she took me to her house in Wallsend and made a man of me😆

I ones endured a Deacon Blue concert, I was trying to gain access to a pair of knickers beloning to a girl from Roslin, kidded on I liked them......shit gig and not a sniff.

Auld Reekin'
13 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Convinced a woman, 15 years older then me at an Almighty gig I was Stump Munroe's brother, she took me to her house in Wallsend and made a man of me😆

I ones endured a Deacon Blue concert, I was trying to gain access to a pair of knickers beloning to a girl from Roslin, kidded on I liked them......shit gig and not a sniff.

i8, is that you...?!?!?!?   :huh:

2 minutes ago, Auld Reekin' said:

i8, is that you...?!?!?!?   :huh:

🤣🤣 FFS NAW!!!!!

I was kinda snogging, dating a lassie at uni (Kinda as didnt have proper dates just keep meeting up at clubs and students union). Didn't realise till after she was in some sort of cult that dictated to her about a whole host of life styles......how her hair should look, clothes, no alcohol (although she often flaunted this rule), nothing inappropriate with boys (another rule flaunted)..i wish I'd try to find out exactly what it was. Scientology maybe???

She was obviously breaking rules but not enough to leave it.

11 hours ago, Der Kaiser said:

I was kinda snogging, dating a lassie at uni (Kinda as didnt have proper dates just keep meeting up at clubs and students union). Didn't realise till after she was in some sort of cult that dictated to her about a whole host of life styles......how her hair should look, clothes, no alcohol (although she often flaunted this rule), nothing inappropriate with boys (another rule flaunted)..i wish I'd try to find out exactly what it was. Scientology maybe???

She was obviously breaking rules but not enough to leave it.

Reminded me of something. Spring harvest was a big christian festival every year. (Maybe still is?) Lots of bands, sports, activities for a young crowd (was actually very good)

Anyway as a teen parents dragged me one year. I went for 3 years on the bounce after that... the amount of girls who were... mad for it was unreal.

Often go to the Gregg's Across from hunters square and there was a lassie who use to stand outside the Scientology place just along from it trying to get you in for a personality test. She was stunning and had the crazy bird eyes that turned me on big style. Not seen her for while fwiw

I still get letters from them to this day. Trying to explain it to the wife wasn't easy either

Edited by AlimOzturk

1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

Often go to the Gregg's Across from hunters square and there was a lassie who use to stand outside the Scientology place just along from it trying to get you in for a personality test. She was stunning and had the crazy bird eyes that turned me on big style. Not seen her for while fwiw

I still get letters from them to this day. Trying to explain it to the wife wasn't easy either

Almost 40 years ago I got taken in by the burd there on the street. Followed her up the stairs with me like :10600:.  She introduced me to some auld hairy arsed bloke and that was the last I saw of her. She wasn't even around when I'd finished the test, been told I had lots of things wrong with my personality and been sold a book. I can't remember what they said was wrong with me, but 'gullible' might have been one thing. :D 

They sent me letters for a few years, though I'd written to them more than once asking them to quit it. They eventually stopped after, when passing the place, I saw red and went up and gave them abuse.

The Real Maroonblood
8 minutes ago, Lemongrab said:

Almost 40 years ago I got taken in by the burd there on the street. Followed her up the stairs with me like :10600:.  She introduced me to some auld hairy arsed bloke and that was the last I saw of her. She wasn't even around when I'd finished the test, been told I had lots of things wrong with my personality and been sold a book. I can't remember what they said was wrong with me, but 'gullible' might have been one thing. :D 

They sent me letters for a few years, though I'd written to them more than once asking them to quit it. They eventually stopped after, when passing the place, I saw red and went up and gave them abuse.

The place was there for years.

28 minutes ago, Lemongrab said:

The thing is I got duped into that place before. They where doing some sort of event years ago in there where some of the big boss guys were there. I was busking with the bagpipes on the royal mile and one of their members came over and asked me to play inside. Think they offered me £50. I was only 16 at the time and didn't have a ****ing clue what Scientology was. Anyways, I went over did my thing then they said wait in the other room we will pay you. Well, I wasn't paid but ****ing duped into buying the book about Dianetics and stuff about Scientology. **** me I was then grilled for about an hour which I now know was a personality test. I was about £60 lighter than when I went in. Came out thinking wtf just happened. When I went home and told my dad he went ****ing mental, tossed me in the car and drove me back up still didn't get my money back 😂

That whole experience still didn't stop me from being tempted by a tidy bursd though haha

Still laugh at that whole thing to this day. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

2 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

The thing is I got duped into that place before. They where doing some sort of event years ago in there where some of the big boss guys were there. I was busking with the bagpipes on the royal mile and one of their members came over and asked me to play inside. Think they offered me £50. I was only 16 at the time and didn't have a ****ing clue what Scientology was. Anyways, I went over did my thing then they said wait in the other room we will pay you. Well, I wasn't paid but ****ing duped into buying the book about Dianetics and stuff about Scientology. **** me I was then grilled for about an hour which I now know was a personality test. I was about £60 lighter than when I went in. Came out thinking wtf just happened. When I went home and told my dad he went ****ing mental, tossed me in the car and drove me back up still didn't get my money back 😂

That whole experience still didn't stop me from being tempted by a tidy bursd though haha

Still laugh at that whole thing to this day. 

I got off lightly then, the book only costing £7. It was the same Dianetics one, which I didn't even look at and chucked in the bin when I got home.   Mind you, it was about 1981 so that £7 would be worth close to £30 today. An expensive paperback. 

Maybe if I'd got stuck in, I could have been rubbing shoulders with Cruise and Travolta; living the jet set life. Or more likely, I'd be there, standing on South Bridge in horizontal rain, trying to entice unsuspecting punters to step inside. 

Ainsley Harriott

Sturgeon met her husband when she joined the SNP. Not so sure where she got her french girlfriend from?