Zoom pub quiz

EH11_2NL

We've been doing Zoom pub quizzes with a group of friends during lock down and I'm now running out of ideas for question rounds. Any thing a bit different from Kickback land? The age ranges are from 22 to 60. All help greatly appreciated.

58 minutes ago, EH11_2NL said:

We've been doing Zoom pub quizzes with a group of friends during lock down and I'm now running out of ideas for question rounds. Any thing a bit different from Kickback land? The age ranges are from 22 to 60. All help greatly appreciated.

WE've been doing the same one for over 10 years.

The organiser has a "picture round" , usually with a numbers puzzle, a word puzzle , maybe some dingbats.

If you can't be arsed with that try a series of questions with a link (quizzers obv have to guess what the link is) or a "linking word round" , 3 questions (easy ones!) but the fun starts when you have to find the one word that can go before or after the 3 answers.

Try "the worlds 10 biggest "  wine producers/beer producers/beer drinking countries etc. 

Get some mashups from Youtube for a music round - that gets people scratching their heads. 

You can do a "guess the year" for a group of Gen Knowl or music questions - 2 pts for getting it right , 1 pt for a year either way. 

yvonnejambo

You could always do Would I lie to you? Just involves a bit work beforehand gathering the relevant info, but can be seriously good fun! 

I also just did a Scottish quiz, with questions on Geography, music, sport etc 

We've done a few with the family during lockdown. A couple of picture rounds are:

1. Funko pop vinyls - guess the person/character

2. Guess which country these 'local' McDonalds products are sold in, ripped off from the following article:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-8431655/Can-guess-country-McDonalds-menu-item-from.html

Some of the best/most entertaining we did strayed away from traditional questions. 

A scategory round. Host chooses maybe 3 letters and you have a range of categories to name something beginning with that letter. Trick is if someone gives same answer you both get zero.

We had a who said the quote. Trump or Homer. Some hilariously daft quotes that were 50/50 over being real or from the simpsons.

Similair to above real or fake australian place names. Some of the real ones are pretty funny.

Picture round. Name the celebrity. Works well if youll recognise them from yesteryear but name might escape you. Dave benson phillips, sam grant "jurassic park guy" etc

Younger quizzers enjoyed the scavenger round. First to get an egg, candle, coathanger etc 

If you pm me an email address i can send some rounds over from ours if you like.

Try list questions in the style of 'Who dares wins'. Each person in turn has to name something that appears on the list and get eliminated when they give a wrong answer (I usually award extra lives for tougher subjects). 

I P Knightley

What do the initials stand for?

1.   JK Rowling –

2.   PG Wodehouse –

3.   OJ Simpson –

4.   WB Yeats –

5.   Eminem –

6.   Hergé –

7.   GK Chesterton –

8.   TS Eliot –

9.   JPR Williams –

10.      WG Grace –

I P Knightley

Because I'm mature, I had a quiz round which I called "Willies". It's a while ago and you might be able to replace some of the questions if these feel dated:

1.      About what or whom was Margaret Thatcher talking when she said, “Every Prime Minister needs a willie”?

2.      Which band had a hit in the 1970s with Little Willy?

3.      Who was the lead character in the movie “Steamboat Willie”?

4.      Which character in Eastenders owned a dog called Willy?

5.      Who plays Willy Wonka in the 2005 film Charlie And The Chocolate Factory?

6.      Which Willie popped up in the 2005 movie, “The Dukes of Hazzard” as Uncle Jessie

7.      What sort of animal was World Cup Willie, the mascot for the 1966 World Cup?

8.      What is the surname of the jockey with the first name Willy who won the Kentucky Derby four times?

9.      Which Willy wrote the play Educating Rita?

10.   Willie John McBride is a name associated with which sport?

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

One of my pals did a round where you got a letter of the alphabet and everyone got a time limit to go and grab 5 things in their house beginning with that letter. I think it was 90 seconds we got.

Good fun and a bit different to anything we had done before. A point is awarded for each valid item and bonus points are awarded to the person who brings back the most interesting item.

Bunny Munro

Picture round: Simpsons guest stars (screenshots of folk who've played themselves on the show).

Anagrams are always fun, especially if you can make them rude.

Just a random thought for the night.

I once asked some guys in Edinburgh what their favourite pub quiz question/answer was '...

What does "DNA" stand for ?

National Dyslexic Association. 

GlasgoJambo

My sister did a round where she took screenshots of things we’d all said on Facebook over the last 10 years but like in Have I Got News For You certain words were blanked out. 

It was by far the best round of what a pretty dull experience.