jamie mac

Masonic

Greedy Jambo

The boy isnt' wanted by Kilmarnock, he's been going on about his retirement etc etc, are we really that desperate? 

I don't think he should have been punted when he was but it's been 7 years!

Merge this thread with all the other thread about old has beens coming back. 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Alan_R said:

Incredibly harsh description. "Letting the ball hit him"... he pulled off some terrific saves for us when he was knocking on door of scotland squad 

Three bog standard saves any GK would make.

part_time_jambo
4 hours ago, Last Laff said:

Would rather him than kicking about waiting for Gordon. 

Spot on. If Gordon keeps farting about, move on. His loss.

heartsfc_fan

Better than what we have. Also can save penalties.

Could do worse than get him back.

58 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Three bog standard saves any GK would make.

Yup. Not one of them a worldy

18Jambo_dave74

I wouldn’t be too keen on Jamie Mac as first choice but wouldn’t have a problem with him coming in as a relatively cheap back up on a short term deal.

In terms of quality Hearts keepers I’ve seen he doesn’t come close to the likes of Niemi and Gordon but I’ve got a lot of time for him and have a lot of good memories. 

He didn’t have much to do in the 2012 final but he was brilliant in the run to the final. His penalty save against St Mirren was one of the best I’ve ever seen and he was excellent in the games against St Johnstone and Celtic.

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

It could take a while until we get rid of Zlamal and Doyle, IF we manage it.

Gordon or Hladky would be better as first choice, but if not, give him a two year deal and start him if we're in the championship.

Doyle not gone? 

Weakened Offender

Absolute Legend. 

His save in the first half during the 1-0 league cup win at Easter Road was unbelievable. 

Edited by Weakened Offender

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, DS98 said:

Hearts fans man. Gotta love them.

Imagine some of our greats played these days .  . ‘aye that Dave Mackay is alright, but he’s limited, we need a Scott Allan type!’ or ‘John Robertson doesn’t contribute enough, all he does is score goals!’

Robbo done a lot more than just score goals tbh. 

Just why oh why would we want him back ?

This silly fascination with average ex players coming back and worse fans forgetting why they left .

I thank him for his service but he was moved on to get better quality in and he has not got better over the last few seasons

There are at least 5 or 6 better keepers we can get and indeed we have one already at the club....Zlamal is a better keeper for example

Time to move on and if we have to look at an old favourite then Craig Gordon is the only one we could bring back in that position

Rick Sanchez
20 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Doyle not gone? 

I think he got an extra year from Levein on compassionate grounds. Could be harder getting rid of players in these times.

4 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Just why oh why would we want him back ?

This silly fascination with average ex players coming back and worse fans forgetting why they left .

I thank him for his service but he was moved on to get better quality in and he has not got better over the last few seasons

There are at least 5 or 6 better keepers we can get and indeed we have one already at the club....Zlamal is a better keeper for example

Time to move on and if we have to look at an old favourite then Craig Gordon is the only one we could bring back in that position

To start with I'm not saying that just because hes an ex hearts keeper we should bring him back. If we're in the championship he would be perfect though. Part of what makes a player good for us is how much they would want to be here. Jamie still lives in Edinburgh and his kids go to school here. I'm pretty sure he would break his back to make it work for us and for his family. Zlamal and Doyle are reasonable goalies but they've been so problematic between the two of them for us really. Was never the case with jamie. In fact it was fairly shocking when he was ousted in the first place. 

Also theres a big difference between signing ex strikers and ex goalies. We know what we are getting more likely. I just oppose the signing of craig gordon because it looks like hes playing us. We can get someone half decent who actually wants to be here. 

Niemi’s gloves
1 hour ago, jake said:

Top 3 performance I've ever seen in Hearts top.

The first 25 minutes league cup qtr at Easter road.

Magical stuff.

25 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Absolute Legend. 

His save in the first half during the 1-0 league cup win at Easter Road was unbelievable. 

Maybe a false memory on my part, but didn’t his fantastic double save in that game follow directly from him failing to deal with a high ball into the box?

Weakened Offender
Just now, Niemi’s gloves said:

Maybe a false memory on my part, but didn’t his fantastic double save in that game follow directly from him failing to deal with a high ball into the box?

I can't recall. It was an onslaught for 25 minutes. His performance in that match, particularly in the first half was one of the finest in a derby that I've seen so if he dropped a cross or two then I can can forgive him. 

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I think he got an extra year from Levein on compassionate grounds. Could be harder getting rid of players in these times.

Correct, he was told he can go, but is still about. 

Doyle imo is fine as back up, we need a good number 1.

12 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Even better set himself up for a save.

🙂

Thanks but no thanks.

Jamie was good in his time but he was on loan at Alloa last season.

No chance he would be good enough for us now.

After years and years of having top drawer goalkeepers , I cannot believe we are in a Hibs keeper state at the moment !! Come on hearts find a decent set of hands , i wouldn't mind CG back along with a young up coming keeper he could coach 

itsnomarooned
19 hours ago, DS98 said:

Would love Jamma back. Never let us down 

Forgot about this utter pish.  I like him as a player, and having met him a few times he's also a nice chap.  However, the door should be closed to ensure 'Jamma' is never again used on here.

20 hours ago, Gambo said:

Thanks for 2012, but no thanks to him returning.

Normally I’d agree, but our current incumbents are so bad, I will make an exception this time. 

49 minutes ago, itsnomarooned said:

Forgot about this utter pish.  I like him as a player, and having met him a few times he's also a nice chap.  However, the door should be closed to ensure 'Jamma' is never again used on here.

If you’ve met him a few times then you will know he goes by the name Jamma. Erse

18 hours ago, jambogemz said:

Jamie is a very capable keeper. 

If we were to sign him and CG it would be a massive upgrade on our current pair. 

WAS an ok keeper at best.

Are people seriously coveting a 34 year old keeper that played for Alloa last season? He was so out of favour at Killie that they signed two keepers last summer because they didn't even want him on the bench!

itsnomarooned
33 minutes ago, DS98 said:

If you’ve met him a few times then you will know he goes by the name Jamma. Erse

It doesn't follow that this would have been a topic of conversation.  F a n n y.

Edited by itsnomarooned