jamie mac

Masonic

saying he left killie as 3 hours driving each day was too much for him hes staying in edinburgh and is desperate for a club closer to home and is willing to not be automatic first choice and battle for a #1 jersey also he would drop down to the championship as well might as well have just had his hearts gear on saying bring me back ann

get him back man hes got more years left than gordon both competing for #1 jersey wouldnt be too bad imo

GorgieRules22

We can do a whole lot better if we get the scouting right. Jamie will go down as a legend but if I’m honest he was pretty poor as a goalkeeper.

1 minute ago, GorgieRules22 said:

We can do a whole lot better if we get the scouting right. Jamie will go down as a legend but if I’m honest he was pretty poor as a goalkeeper.

Correct. The clamour to bring back players on here is unreal. 
Reasonable shotstopper but poor on cross balls 

Rick Sanchez

It could take a while until we get rid of Zlamal and Doyle, IF we manage it.

Gordon or Hladky would be better as first choice, but if not, give him a two year deal and start him if we're in the championship.

billythejambo
14 minutes ago, Masonic said:

saying he left killie as 3 hours driving each day was too much for him hes staying in edinburgh and is desperate for a club closer to home and is willing to not be automatic first choice and battle for a #1 jersey also he would drop down to the championship as well might as well have just had his hearts gear on saying bring me back ann

get him back man hes got more years left than gordon both competing for #1 jersey wouldnt be too bad imo

Eh no thanks . Cost us too many goals last time , he can't catch a ball

Like a drunk man catching a balloon. Good at letting the ball hit him or Shot stopping as they e call it. 

If he's available, why not!? 

Edited by ri Alban

We just gave contract extentions to Doyle. Along with Bobby having another year on his contract. I personally cannot see another keeper being signed unless someone gets moved on. 

TyphoonJambo
Just now, DS98 said:

Would love Jamma back. Never let us down 

Better than we currently have. 

I used to have a good chat with him from time to time. Used to look after one of his kids. He would drop off his kid in Edinburgh and then drive to kilmarnock and even pick up his kid at night time. Really good man, good dad and pretty good goalie. Would rather him over a 37 year old Craig gordon any day. 

KyleLafferty

Take Gordon and Jamie Mac in a heartbeat. Two players in the dressing room that’s played in successful Hearts teams, won’t let players drop their standards. Know what hearts mean to the fans. Think that’s been missing massively.

Pushed shots back into danger and couldnt catch a cross were two very big issues with him but he was capable of outstanding performances.

15 minutes ago, HMFSee said:

I used to have a good chat with him from time to time. Used to look after one of his kids. He would drop off his kid in Edinburgh and then drive to kilmarnock and even pick up his kid at night time. Really good man, good dad and pretty good goalie. Would rather him over a 37 year old Craig gordon any day. 

You do know Jamma will be 35 next season?

JamboGraham

Not sure I could stand watching him parry shots straight back into opposition attackers path every week again...

While he will be remembered most fondly for the 5-1 game I have to say his performance v celtic in the semi was his biggest game, he was excellent that day. He was capable of performances like that but they were the exception rather than the norm, very decent keeper but not top level 

Edited by Bozi

13 minutes ago, DS98 said:

You do know Jamma will be 35 next season?

Yeah fair point. Though gordon is 37 going on 38 and we've offered him a contract. We just need someone steady though who actually wants to be here

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Maybe the best performance I've ever seen from a goalkeeper at Easter Road. 

Stevo screamer game. 

The one where he punched the ball down in the middle of the box, had his best save ever that night but we really need a better standard of GK.

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Like a drunk man catching a balloon. Good at letting the ball hit him or Shot stopping as they e call it. 

If he's available, why not!? 

Incredibly harsh description. "Letting the ball hit him"... he pulled off some terrific saves for us when he was knocking on door of scotland squad 

Just now, Alan_R said:

Incredibly harsh description. "Letting the ball hit him"... he pulled off some terrific saves for us when he was knocking on door of scotland squad 

I was being sarcastic. I don't mind JM. I'd rather have CG, tho. 

SomethingAboutObua

Honestly, McD would be my choice ahead of Gordon. Considerably cheaper, a bit younger, there’s a maximum standard you have to be to be good inthe championship, both are well above that, don’t really see the point in paying more for Gordon when that additional level isn’t going to be that visible...if that makes sense? No point waiting on getting Gordon hen McDonald would still boss the league at a cheaper price...

Would expect Doyle to be off if he wants to keep his hand in for  international football than being back up here.

Zlamal’s said before he wants to end his career in Czech R and his wife wants to stay here. Think Hearts could easily work something out to get him back to Czech, don’t know who in Scotland would take him?

We have no chance of getting Hladky be serious  

Hearts fans man. Gotta love them.

Imagine some of our greats played these days .  . ‘aye that Dave Mackay is alright, but he’s limited, we need a Scott Allan type!’ or ‘John Robertson doesn’t contribute enough, all he does is score goals!’

One was our record transfer out and the other we let go because we wanted better...yet people are debating this?

47 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Garbage, let’s move forward ffs.

I wouldn't say he is garbage but I do think we need to move forward and let go of sentiment.

There are probably better keepers out there.  Hladky (St Liedoon)  Elliott (Newcastle) Bachmann (Watford) are just 3 examples

Edited by JamboAl

1 hour ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Let Gordon and Jamie Mac fight it out for number 1 while both of them help bring in Harry Stone. 

Agree. If court case goes against us & we don’t get to keep Premiership position then you have to hope Bobby & Doyle have ‘relegation’ clauses in their contracts 

merseyjambo

Would prefer him to Gordon if we are in Championship. Likely wages may allow us to bring someone else in for what we could be paying Gordon.

There are better than both out there as I don’t believe Gordon is the right man for us.

Салатные палочки

Jamie 

Jamie 

Oh Jamie Mac

When are you comin' back

Jamie is a very capable keeper. 

If we were to sign him and CG it would be a massive upgrade on our current pair. 

1 hour ago, Spellczech said:

One was our record transfer out and the other we let go because we wanted better...yet people are debating this?

We let him go and got a 36 year old Neil Alexander. Not being funny but I don't hear people banging on about how good a signing that was. Dont get me wrong, wasnt bad. Just meh 

Greedy Jambo

He was a safe pair of hands most of the time but that goal against liverpool, bloody hell. 

the fact that kilmarnock don't want him enough says it all. 

Fair enough with Craig Gordon, Celtic don't want him enough, Celtic aren't Kilmarnock. 

HillmanHearts

Gordon & Jamie to replace Bobby & Doyle : yes please.

If its either Gordon or Jamie  : Then Gordon please.

gashauskis9

Would rather have Jamie Mac wanting to be here than Craig Gordon just here for a payday.  Controversial I know, but I can’t be ****ed with us playing a waiting game for a 37 year old goalkeeper.