Mitchell released by Man Utd

Section Q

JamboCampbell

Watched him alot in United youth teams.

Wages would be a stumbling block but also he is far too slow for the Scottish game.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Bazzas right boot

• Section Q

2 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Never say never.

The clip above suggests he is a vg player but sometimes these clips can be misleading.  If however it does ring true 2 things struck me immediately

1. He would work well in a MF pairing beside Irving.

2. Why are Man U letting him go?

I think he’ll have plenty options in England would be delighted if we managed something but can’t see it. ( was talking about Mitchell )

Edited by Robdawg

On 25/06/2020 at 17:04, kila said:

I think he had potential and showed skill at moments. His spell post injury was poor though, maybe a confidence thing.

Would take him back if he wasn't going to cost much.

Agree liked him good bit of pace but as others suggest I think he is best further up park 

Guest ToqueJambo

Would be an upgrade on Mulraney at left wing but I think Neilson will be looking for more experience in the wide areas.

21 hours ago, JamboCampbell said:

Wages would be a stumbling block but also he is far too slow for the Scottish game.

Thought he was quite fast....!

Blackford Hearts
On 25/06/2020 at 17:13, Footballfirst said:

I would certainly be interested in taking Hamilton. He is a very good player.

He was at Hutchie and played in the same team as Sean McKirdy and Regan Hendry, but was the best of the three.

McKirdy came to Hearts and is now with Kelty, while Hendry went to Celtic and is now at Raith Rovers.  Hendry actually played a pre season with Hearts U16s, before being lured by the green pound..

Having watched all 3 regularly I thought Regan Hendry was the best of the 3, though it is all about personal opinions. Shame it didn't work out for Ethan at Man Utd

On ‎25‎/‎06‎/‎2020 at 21:25, Sir Gio said:

Such a great start such a disappointing end

That wasn't just Mitchell. It was a regular thing with the majority of players. They looked decent when they arrived and after coaching by Levein's team, the majority failed miserably after three or four months. A regular pattern than was first spoken of back in 2016. Never changed after that. No surprise that a few improved when Stendel came in. Clare, Bozanic, Henderson, Moore all looked better after Stendel arrived. A few others were either not good enough to start with or refused (or couldn't) change their ways and deserve to leave.

4 hours ago, jambonian said:

That wasn't just Mitchell. It was a regular thing with the majority of players. They looked decent when they arrived and after coaching by Levein's team, the majority failed miserably after three or four months. A regular pattern than was first spoken of back in 2016. Never changed after that. No surprise that a few improved when Stendel came in. Clare, Bozanic, Henderson, Moore all looked better after Stendel arrived. A few others were either not good enough to start with or refused (or couldn't) change their ways and deserve to leave.

Levein destroyed anything that was good in Mitchell and he’s done a lot of harm to many players over the years.

4 hours ago, jambonian said:

Evert time instead of blaming the player or indeed just admitting he is just not that good posters come on and try to make up 'facts' that its all 'Leveins fault'.... nonsense in the majority of cases but somehow the fake news gets to a few.

It's time to move on folks and stop carrying this childish view on and on and on.......its just boring now and the sad trolls think they are being smart in doing so.

Mitchell is just not that good..of course he can play but he's 23 years of age and still no one has moved to make a move for him on a permanent basis..yet it's someone else's fault.  Lets see where he ends up but it won't be at a very high level..indeed we will be bar Manchester United the biggest club he plays for I'd wager

PS trying to blame Levein is one thing and there is a case for that but trying to defend a manager who made us worse is another..did you notice we were bottom when the league was ended or did you just pretend not to remember.

His winter signings were amazing though...amazingly bad.

Edited by CJGJ

9 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Evert time instead of blaming the player or indeed just admitting he is just not that good posters come on and try to make up 'facts' that its all 'Leveins fault'.... nonsense in the majority of cases but somehow the fake news gets to a few.

It's time to move on folks and stop carrying this childish view on and on and on.......its just boring now and the sad trolls think they are being smart in doing so.

Mitchell is just not that good..of course he can play but he's 23 years of age and still no one has moved to make a move for him on a permanent basis..yet it's someone else's fault.  Lets see where he ends up but it won't be at a very high level..indeed we will be bar Manchester United the biggest club he plays for I'd wager

PS trying to blame Levein is one thing and there is a case for that but trying to defend a manager who made us worse is another..did you notice we were bottom when the league was ended or did you just pretend not to remember.

His winter signings were amazing though...amazingly bad.

Langer was one I never understood, so you'd be correct with that one. Avdijaj was just a charlatan iturns out and he'll go through his career being that, however, it was one that could've worked so worth a short term stint to take a look at. May have been a diamond in the rough. Sibbick was not a bad signing at all and could've/should've been the lynchpin in that team but buggered his knee then had a viral condition but, he was not a bad signing. Boyce was the striker we needed and got him in. I would've been very interested to see what other players he would've brought into the club given a proper pre-season to work with them and work on the better players we had available, as well as getting shot of another few failures from the club.

I said at the time it would take 18 months to turn the club around and I stand by that. Levein had plenty transfer windows to get things right but he rarely did. Hearts have always been an attacking-style team, it was what we used to do best. Given time I think Stendel would've got us back to that.

But to compare Levein's 3 and a half years to Stendel's 4 months is unfair and very unrealistic that the damage done could be sorted out straight away. If it was that easy, every manager in a new job would be challenging for honours.

On 26/06/2020 at 12:13, JamboCampbell said:

He’s now in the open market so might not be too many clubs willing to pay big money. He’s failed to realise his potential and his drop from the dizzy heights of Man U could be quite far. It’d be a gamble for just about any club considering taking him. His second spell at us was really, really poor and as CJGJ said that’s not Levein’s fault. He played under Levein during his first spell and played really well.

10 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

He’s now in the open market so might not be too many clubs willing to pay big money. He’s failed to realise his potential and his drop from the dizzy heights of Man U could be quite far. It’d be a gamble for just about any club considering taking him. His second spell at us was really, really poor and as CJGJ said that’s not Levein’s fault. He played under Levein during his first spell and played really well.

Hm I'd beg to differ on the not Leveins fault part.

The lad barely played two games in a row in the same position, or within the same formation.

I referenced earlier in thread a game where we battered St Mirren 4-1 and he played lm ahead of Ben at lb in a 442. They were both superb that day, St m couldn't handle them.

Next week, we changed to a 352 for no apparent reason and were pretty ordinary. That was par for the course at the time. Not easy.

Just now, TheBigO said:

Hm I'd beg to differ on the not Leveins fault part.

The lad barely played two games in a row in the same position, or within the same formation.

I referenced earlier in thread a game where we battered St Mirren 4-1 and he played lm ahead of Ben at lb in a 442. They were both superb that day, St m couldn't handle them.

Next week, we changed to a 352 for no apparent reason and were pretty ordinary. That was par for the course at the time. Not easy.

Aye maybe but he played left back and wing back the previous season. There seemed to be a lack of confidence in the guy or maybe over confidence. I just wonder if his relative success the previous season might have went to his head a bit. It’s difficult to tell and I’m not saying it’s easy to play in different formations from one week to the next. 

I guess where he goes from here will maybe tell us a lot about him. 

8 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Aye maybe but he played left back and wing back the previous season. There seemed to be a lack of confidence in the guy or maybe over confidence. I just wonder if his relative success the previous season might have went to his head a bit. It’s difficult to tell and I’m not saying it’s easy to play in different formations from one week to the next. 

I guess where he goes from here will maybe tell us a lot about him. 

My issue isn't so much the position he was played in, it was that the entire shape of the team, and therefore individuals positions changed game to game. There never seemed to be reason for it other than wild overthinking.

OK we just won 4-1 with a 442 and Ben n Demi looked a great partnership. So, 352 next week, yeah?

All I'm saying is I don't think Demi was used well and the team started being an absolute mess - largely due to injuries - around that time.

Fwiw when all the forwards got injured, I was shouting for us to play Demi up top with the simple instruction of "pretend you're back at school, son". Rather Demi up there with his pace and direct running than having to watch McLean acting the prick week after week.

Anyway, would welcome the lad back, but there will be similar out there perhaps.

This whole expulsion thing is a nightmare. There will be more bargai s than ever been released from clubs and we're not in the best place to win them due to all the shit going on.

16 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

My issue isn't so much the position he was played in, it was that the entire shape of the team, and therefore individuals positions changed game to game. There never seemed to be reason for it other than wild overthinking.

OK we just won 4-1 with a 442 and Ben n Demi looked a great partnership. So, 352 next week, yeah?

All I'm saying is I don't think Demi was used well and the team started being an absolute mess - largely due to injuries - around that time.

Fwiw when all the forwards got injured, I was shouting for us to play Demi up top with the simple instruction of "pretend you're back at school, son". Rather Demi up there with his pace and direct running than having to watch McLean acting the prick week after week.

Anyway, would welcome the lad back, but there will be similar out there perhaps.

This whole expulsion thing is a nightmare. There will be more bargai s than ever been released from clubs and we're not in the best place to win them due to all the shit going on.

The constant chopping and changing and overthinking was horrendous. It was as if he had to come out with a new surprise every week. He’d completely lost it by that point.  Not saying it helped Demi or many of the other players for that matter but as I said there seemed to be a change in the guy second time around. 

I would have preferred Pereira up front on his own than McLean.

As for having him back, it’s a punt and I’m on the fence a bit. He was so good the first time he was here, if we could convert him to a winger then maybe worth the risk. 

Edited by GinRummy

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Levein destroyed anything that was good in Mitchell and he’s done a lot of harm to many players over the years.

Harm, destroyed

Ffs

TheGoodLord

Only if he’s become an out and out winger. He had a bit of skill and pace but as a defender he was horrific. 

Arthur Morgan

He wasn't slow though :confused:

JamboCampbell
14 hours ago, GinRummy said:

I was talking about Hamilton sorry. Agree re mitchel

On the ball? Slow, or running ability? 

JamboCampbell
1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

On the ball? Slow, or running ability? 

Mislead a few on this thread as I was talking about Hamilton btw. 
But yeah I think Hamilton would struggle to get about the park. Quite slow on the turn etc.

Just now, JamboCampbell said:

Mislead a few on this thread as I was talking about Hamilton btw. 
But yeah I think Hamilton would struggle to get about the park. Quite slow on the turn etc.

👍