Liverpool could win the league tonight.

AlimOzturk

The Real Maroonblood
13 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Where are you @chester copperpot ?

Morgan there was also another regular poster who followed them but his username escapes me.

Haven’t saw him/her post for a while.

Any idea?

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• The Real Maroonblood

• Seymour M Hersh

• John Findlay

Looks like "King Kenny" has been dressed by his carer for the night :rolleyes4:

Wonder if he has his Sunday Post for his bedtime reading?

colinmaroon

Won the League after playing to a finish rather than being gifted the title when the season was finished early for the purposes of the *-winners.

The above is the reason Doncaster has to win the court case.

Edited by colinmaroon

32 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

This is where I am. I have some bin dipper friends and I’m delighted for them. 
Love the way they go on about not winning the top flight in 30 years.

Try NEVER having won it 😀

Was the old first division not the top flight.

Congratulations to Liverpool on winning the title and

a special mention for Jurgen Klopp for conducting himself

with the utmost class when the season was curtailed due to COVID 19

unlike the title winning team manager up here

I wonder if there's a single Celtic fan who feels a bit embarrassed watching Liverpool celebrate their title win. Perhaps even just slightly sheepish? 

Probably not. 

I don't care who wins an old firm title race (for me it's 35iar) but what a hollow way to win the league

Well done, Liverpool. 

John Findlay

Congratulations Liverpool. Won your league as it should have been, on the field of play.

Peter Lawell take note. That is how you conduct yourselves as a football club.

7 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Morgan there was also another regular poster who followed them but his username escapes me.

Haven’t saw him/her post for a while.

Any idea?

Think it was John Mitchell who became @The Old Tolbooth

Hope it’s ok to mention him, as he hasn’t posted on the thread?

If not, mods, please delete this and accept my apologies.

Many thanks

7 hours ago, Cairneyhill Jambo said:

Probably drinking strongbow and having a shit in a field somewhere. 🙂

And wiping it with a sock?

:) 

complete control
18 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Congratulations Liverpool. Won your league as it should have been, on the field of play.

Peter Lawell take note. That is how you conduct yourselves as a football club.

Correct.  Better watch though. One or two on here will say you are anti catholic. 

John Findlay
7 minutes ago, complete control said:

Correct.  Better watch though. One or two on here will say you are anti catholic. 

There wasnt many protestants if any at St Thomas of Aquinas high school 1975-1979 when I was there.

Seymour M Hersh
7 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

There wasnt many protestants if any at St Thomas of Aquinas high school 1975-1979 when I was there.

I used to "know" a couple of girls from St Tams around the mid 70's. They were very religious. Always on their knees worshiping! :oohmatron:

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

John Findlay
29 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I used to "know" a couple of girls from St Tams around the mid 70's. They were very religious. Always on their knees worshiping! :oohmatron:

It was an all girls school up until 1975. We were the first boys there. There was eighty of us compared to over seven hundred girls 🙂🙂🙂🙂

complete control
35 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

🤙some on here think I'm a bigot coz of my intense dislike of Celtic.  We're  in this mess mostly coz of them.  And us being shite  .😑

John Findlay
Just now, complete control said:

🤙some on here think I'm a bigot coz of my intense dislike of Celtic.  We're  in this mess mostly coz of them.  And us being shite  .😑

Yes, I know why we are where we are. The man in charge of Celtic has played his part.

King Kenny the prick was saying it had been disrespectful to suggest that Liverpool fans would gather to celebrate.

Comments now you prize welt?

PS - well done Liverpool, great team and a special manager.

The Old Tolbooth
1 hour ago, Morgan said:

Many thanks

More than happy to be mentioned on this thread mate, absolutely buzzing after this week with Liverpool! Our performance against Palace was just incredible, I now they lost their talisman player early on, but Palace didn't have a single touch in our penalty box the entire match, the only time that this has even been done, let that sink in for a minute, and Palace are no mugs!

Klopp himself is just an outstanding individual, he oozes class everywhere, he doesn't even realise that he's a legend and has far too much humility to even recogsnise this fact, it's only very bitter people who hate the guy because there's literally nothing to hate about him, he deserves every bit of success coming his way, and I suspect there'll be plenty more for him too :D 

A few beers will be downed in celebration this weekend for sure, starting tonight!! 

YNWA! 

16 hours ago, CJGJ said:

i've been paid out already on the league win

After 4 home matches I made a wager they would win every home league match this season ( as well as go unbeaten in the league..oops)...just a couple of home matches left and a nice amount will be hitting the bank account

In some ways next week at City would be a better place to win it however lets not tempt fate 😂..so I hope the league is won tonight

Since the leagues taken care of they're in serious danger of taking a hit from Villa. Possibly Chelsea too if they're still fighting for champions league. Scouse will have zero motivation to try hard on these games, especially since they aren't even playing to a home crowd. Fingers crossed for you bud.

The Real Maroonblood
3 hours ago, Morgan said:

Many thanks

👍

I’m culpable so apologies.

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

More than happy to be mentioned on this thread mate, absolutely buzzing after this week with Liverpool! Our performance against Palace was just incredible, I now they lost their talisman player early on, but Palace didn't have a single touch in our penalty box the entire match, the only time that this has even been done, let that sink in for a minute, and Palace are no mugs!

Klopp himself is just an outstanding individual, he oozes class everywhere, he doesn't even realise that he's a legend and has far too much humility to even recogsnise this fact, it's only very bitter people who hate the guy because there's literally nothing to hate about him, he deserves every bit of success coming his way, and I suspect there'll be plenty more for him too :D 

A few beers will be downed in celebration this weekend for sure, starting tonight!! 

YNWA! 

I’m glad you’re still here.👍

The Old Tolbooth
1 hour ago, Forkbeard said:

Feck the dippers. Its never them, always the victims. 

It's bitters like this who drive us on :rofl: 

LIVERPOOL ARE THE PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS! - YouTube

10 hours ago, obua said:

Was the old first division not the top flight.

No I meant West Ham have never won it bud. Greetin about 30 years! Try 125 

14 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

No I meant West Ham have never won it bud. Greetin about 30 years! Try 125 

Sorry I misunderstood.

2 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

YNWA! 

Congratulations on your league win Old Tolbooth - incredible performance. One minor comment about the game against Palace - we did have one touch in the Liverpool box (Townsend running away from goal)! Meaningless I know but a small crumb of comfort in a game where we were totally outclassed!

Samuel Camazzola

Remarkable tally of points they have tallied this season. Still scope for a record total. However, I wouldn't put it past City to beat them in their next league fixture and put a marker down. 

Have to say, YNWA is a dirge of a song. File it with GSTQ and Flower of Scotland. 🙉

The Old Tolbooth
37 minutes ago, EagleJambo said:

Congratulations on your league win Old Tolbooth - incredible performance. One minor comment about the game against Palace - we did have one touch in the Liverpool box (Townsend running away from goal)! Meaningless I know but a small crumb of comfort in a game where we were totally outclassed!

After the Everton performance, I didn't know what to expect, and Palace have been a bit of a bogey side for Liverpool of late, so I went into that game with a bit of trepidation, I do have a soft spot for the Eagles though, only decent club in London outwith Leyton Orient in my book. 

Maroon tinted glasses 2

Absolutely crazy scenes at Anfield last night, took my youngest up in the car so he could experience it (tried for many years to make him a Hearts supporter but just not having it), there were even Evertonians in amongst the crowds celebrating too.

For the record, as i dont live too far away from the ground and as my kids are shielding we didn't get out the car but it did take a lot longer to get home due to the crowds. 

40 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

After the Everton performance, I didn't know what to expect, and Palace have been a bit of a bogey side for Liverpool of late, so I went into that game with a bit of trepidation, I do have a soft spot for the Eagles though, only decent club in London outwith Leyton Orient in my book. 

Yes - think before Wednesday Palace had won 3 of the last 4 games at Anfield and last season was a 4-3 thriller for Liverpool. You put that right on Wednesday though. When we saw our starting line-up and then Zaha going off after 10 minutes we knew the writing was on the wall. Having said that, even if we had 20 players on the pitch, you would have beaten us with that performance!

4 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

A very 'handy' school for us at George Heriots...I was there around same time it seems

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Remarkable tally of points they have tallied this season. Still scope for a record total. However, I wouldn't put it past City to beat them in their next league fixture and put a marker down. 

Have to say, YNWA is a dirge of a song. File it with GSTQ and Flower of Scotland. 🙉

Harsh

I think for Liverpool that song has real meaning tbh. 

Never bothered me when they sing it, has real meaning to them, more than just football imo. 

Celtic jumped on it and for me ruined it. 

Flower of Scotland is shite, I no longer sing it. Honking, especially given the modern context. 

The Old Tolbooth
24 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Harsh

Never bothered me when they sing it, has real meaning to them, more than just football imo. 

Flower of Scotland is shite, I no longer sing it. Honking, especially given the modern context. 

When we were in Liverpool for the game against Hearts in 2012, there were a group of us started singing "It's a Liverpool song, it's a Liverpool song, feck off Celtic, it's a Liverpool song", they applauded us for that and were brilliant with us. 

You have to wonder of calling the league early the way Celtic did is going to come back to haunt them. Liverpool can hold their heads high and say we won the 2019- 2020 EPL whereas Celtic will for ever have to look at an incomplete season and an awarded title. I don't think there is any way the Rangers supporters will ever let them for get and it throws ten in a row right out of the window. If they win next season that cannot really claim ten in a row.

Samuel Camazzola
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Harsh

It's no Anfield Rap, is it? 😄 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

It's no Anfield Rap, is it? 😄 

Is anything!!!! 

4 hours ago, CJGJ said:

A very 'handy' school for us at George Heriots...I was there around same time it seems

:greggy:

6 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

👍

I’m culpable so apologies.

Absolutely nothing to apologise for, TRM  :2thumbsup:

Edited by Morgan

Tokyo Drifter

Grew up supporting Liverpool, absolutely delighted they've won the title. Klopp's a genius, Anfield is holy ground #ynwa #lfc