Edinburgh videos - Huts of Wester Hailes

Unknown user

Unknown user

I'm a bugger for YouTube documentaries and after watching a thing about the old glasgow underground being modernised this came up.

I'm surprised I'd never heard of it, especially as an old friend of the family's in it, Mick McCormack (I bet there are a few on here who know him too!)

Anyway, well worth a watch if you're interested, and if you have anything else to watch about Edinburgh in days gone by, get it posted!

crunchy frog

Bloke in the second part about 5 minutes in, runs The Autonomous Centre of Edinburgh. Forget his name but he's a good egg.

Nice to see Constant State featured as well!!

been here before
3 hours ago, crunchy frog said:

Bloke in the second part about 5 minutes in, runs The Autonomous Centre of Edinburgh. Forget his name but he's a good egg.

Nice to see Constant State featured as well!!

Not sure if Im allowed to mention his name on here. His initials ar CB. If its bugging you gies a PM.

His laddies are/were both good Hearts supporters, I was at school with them both. Bumped into the younger one last time there was a family day thing at Tynecastle.

Your man in question has been involved in the community politics of Westburn/ Wester Hailes since pretty much its inception and as far as I know he still does. He writes a lot of poetry too.

10 hours ago, Smithee said:

I'm a bugger for YouTube documentaries and after watching a thing about the old glasgow underground being modernised this came up.

I'm surprised I'd never heard of it, especially as an old friend of the family's in it, Mick McCormack (I bet there are a few on here who know him too!)

Anyway, well worth a watch if you're interested, and if you have anything else to watch about Edinburgh in days gone by, get it posted!

Great post.

The Real Maroonblood

Credit to these people for turning their lives around under extremely difficult situations.

Салатные палочки

Was expecting to see the Clown and the Wolfman riding past on their Suzuki GP 125. 

5 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Was expecting to see the Clown and the Wolfman riding past on their Suzuki GP 125. 

🤣🤣🤣🤣

I bloody that film!!!

"You got any faulse tits?" Classic.

Салатные палочки
36 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣

I bloody that film!!!

"You got any faulse tits?" Classic.

THIS IS A GUN!!

THIS IS OUR GUN!!

5 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

THIS IS A GUN!!

THIS IS OUR GUN!!

There were some brilliant films being made in Scotland around then, how did we get to "Scottish Mussel" from there😞

The ring master is my brother,  unfortunately  he is not a football fan , likes American football and ice hockey , but hey he's family !!

Салатные палочки
20 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

There were some brilliant films being made in Scotland around then, how did we get to "Scottish Mussel" from there😞

Yip. Gregory's Girl, Local Hero, Restless Natives, Comfort and Joy, That Sinking Feeling. A Sense of Freedom also, if you can get the un-dubbed version. 

Add to that the Peter Mcdougall dramas like Just a Boys Game, Just Another Saturday and Elephant's Graveyard. 

The Real Maroonblood
16 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Yip. Gregory's Girl, Local Hero, Restless Natives, Comfort and Joy, That Sinking Feeling. A Sense of Freedom also, if you can get the un-dubbed version. 

Add to that the Peter Mcdougall dramas like Just a Boys Game, Just Another Saturday and Elephant's Graveyard. 

That Sinking Feeling was brilliant as was Whisky Galore.