semi final v hibs on 31/10 (updated)

Smoked-Glass

Just now, Smoked-Glass said:

Premier sports I think have the contract for the cup. 

BBC also get some games. 

isn't that the league cup that premier sports has the contract for?

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Smoked-Glass

• Kiwidoug

• frankblack

• complete control

1 hour ago, number-16 said:

A close second would be to win the semi final then find a reason to not play the final.

It would take away their showcase and hugely damage their sponsorship opportunities going forward. 

This would also be hugely damaging to ourselves as well which is why it would never happen but it would probably be the most destructive option for the SFA and Scottish Football.

1 hour ago, August Landmesser said:

According to the competition rules, any club can withdraw from the competition if they give minimum four days' written notice to the SFA and their opponents, so we have until 26/27th Oct to decide I guess....

I vote for telling them to ram it.

Okay, combine these and pull out of the final with four days notice.

Imagine the scenes it would cause at the SFA having to handle thousands of ticket refunds plus tv monies that they'd likely have already spent. All within the rules.

34 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Withdrawing would be utterly stupid and petty and it’s not going to even be contemplated.

The SPFL season is over and we’ve been badly treated and we’re fighting it all the way. No one has ever been asked to or considered  ending the cup. The rule changes will apply to us as well so there is no disadvantage there. 

By far the best and most satisfying way to stop Celtic winning the treble is to beat them in the cup final. It’s a big ask but we’re the only team that can realistically stop them. That’s what football is all about and if we’re going to spend years greeting about this and not going to games and withdrawing from games we’d be as well chucking the towel in right now. We are spending money on lawyers so we can play football where we should be playing it, at the top with big games and trophy chances. To say that we’re not playing because they tried to feck us up merely lets them win.

When we do beat hubz, providing Gollum isn’t the referee, and have a re run of last years final, then we’ll only be playing for a runners up spot. We could be 2-0 up and into injury time and father Gollum will play 10 mins added on and award them 2 penalties. Even if Gordon saves one, it’ll be retaken. At least we’ll get a much needed 50% of gate receipts though and I’m sure septics name will already be carved on the trophy. 

Regardless though I’ll be there, just like all the semis and finals before that. Maybe I’ll be pleasantly surprised like 98 so I’ll be in attendance.

If we end up in the championship then there should be a massive campaign to Boycott Dundee and Raith Rovers at all costs. I’m at every away game and to boycott them all will just end up frustrating the life out of me. There’s loads of us wanting to do what’s right but to seriously stay away from all our future away fixtures is a tough ask. The supporters federation should be organising what games we boycott en-mass and I’d start with these two rogue clubs. When we go back up, Dundee Hubz should be the next one that we boycott. If it’s organised properly then the team will know why we are doing this and won’t expect any of us there in attendance. This should make us go out and play to wipe the floor with them.

Boycotting our national cup semi or final doesn’t bear thinking about, even when we know the inevitable outcome! 

HHGH 🇱🇻

5 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

This. 

The denseness of this decision is beyond belief. 😏

How many fans will be allowed in.... will we still not have 1m social distancing by then? 

3 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

Guy from Premier sport indicated yesterday that had both cup competitions.

Smoked-Glass
5 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

Premier have had the Scottish Cup for few years.  League Cup was BT

6 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

This. 

Semi final date isn't too bad but the final on the last sunday before Christmas... lets just forget about the Christmas shoppers travelling into Glasgow by car or train.

Not to mention a potential 2nd covid spike. What happens if one team has to call off the Semi or the Final at the last minute due to players testing positive...

buzzbomb1958
Just now, Mundaydog said:

Guy from Premier sport indicated yesterday that had both cup competitions.

How can it be fair for every team because if we don't get re instated the spl side will practically played half a season and we will be just started.fecking ram it Mrs budge

pleased its getting played it could be the last derby for a while as Hibs may be down the tubes by the time we get back to the premier league.

A cup final in Glasgow in the week running upto Christmas. Really!!! These twats have no idea WTF they are doing. 

If we are a championship team in the semi final of a cup where Premiership teams came in as being seeded above other teams do we have to go back and play another round? Just asking. 

33 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

When we do beat hubz, providing Gollum isn’t the referee, and have a re run of last years final, then we’ll only be playing for a runners up spot. We could be 2-0 up and into injury time and father Gollum will play 10 mins added on and award them 2 penalties. Even if Gordon saves one, it’ll be retaken. At least we’ll get a much needed 50% of gate receipts though and I’m sure septics name will already be carved on the trophy. 

Regardless though I’ll be there, just like all the semis and finals before that. Maybe I’ll be pleasantly surprised like 98 so I’ll be in attendance.

If we end up in the championship then there should be a massive campaign to Boycott Dundee and Raith Rovers at all costs. I’m at every away game and to boycott them all will just end up frustrating the life out of me. There’s loads of us wanting to do what’s right but to seriously stay away from all our future away fixtures is a tough ask. The supporters federation should be organising what games we boycott en-mass and I’d start with these two rogue clubs. When we go back up, Dundee Hubz should be the next one that we boycott. If it’s organised properly then the team will know why we are doing this and won’t expect any of us there in attendance. This should make us go out and play to wipe the floor with them.

Boycotting our national cup semi or final doesn’t bear thinking about, even when we know the inevitable outcome! 

HHGH 🇱🇻

Still a no from me, I cannot and will not give the SFA a penny of my money even moreso if they give us a hefty fine. As I said before I will donate ticket money to FOH now this does not make me a better or worse supporter than anyone else. People choose to make their own decisions and I get that ,there is no right or wrong here. HHGH!!....only Hearts.

Why are they finishing the Scottish cup but not not the league what a joke the SPFL and SFA are semi-finals to be played 31st October and 1st November

33 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

HHGH 🇱🇻

Pretty much agree. Collum though. One of the better refs for a run of the mill game IMO but still gives you the fear against Celtic. We could get worse but not much. 

On boycotting, as it stands at the moment our little group wouldn’t be going to any away games except Inverness. That would apply if we’re in the top league too, but we only get away as a group A few times a season so no loss really.

As far as the wider boycott is concerned, yes Raith and Dundee Will be almost 100%  compliance. The rest, okay a fair percentage will stick to it solidly but I’m imagining waking up on a Saturday morning trying to resist the ‘fancy a day in Dunfermline/Kilmarnock’ type messages. Probably the boycott will wear off pretty quickly (not Raith and Dundee under any circumstances for me though)

Hectormasson
52 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

No no no I am sorry, the Semi is a non event as the Daily Keef has stated in brown that we will be getting a £1m fine AND expelled, so how is it possible to be able to play in their tainted tournament.

Still of a good mind to boycott, and hope that Hearts are having it live in the Gorgie suite

They won't be allowing any amount of fans in ,   not take the chance "   recent spike in cases of cov 19 has seen to that ?

Famous 1874

Should have just said that we’ll be playing on the Saturday, 31st of October as we were previously allocated that so they have no reason to change it. 

11 minutes ago, j1964m said:

Why are they finishing the Scottish cup but not not the league

Cause it’s all about Celtic, honestly hope we refuse to play it. Just give Celtic the trophy for all I care. 

Hungry hippo
1 hour ago, Andy Black said:

We'll probably draw them in the BetFred 1 in 4 chance.

We can't as we'll be seeded. The 12th Premiership team always is.

Hectormasson
11 minutes ago, complete control said:

the cup should be declared incomplete just like the league

Exactly !      At least the English amongst others seen the games out, whether it was for the money ?    It dont matter,, spfl,,, sfa , shat it , to give them the title ......

14 minutes ago, complete control said:

the cup should be declared incomplete just like the league

if celti had a better record in it for the season and not us, they would have done what hapened to the league and given it to celtic

Ex member of the SaS

The fact they can change the rules before the end shows how stupid this mob are. Teams in previous rounds who had players ineligible should be shouting foul! They simply can't go chopping and changing the parameters during the comp, teams who have lost out in earlier rounds are being stuffed and Hibs will be allowed to play a better player who normally would be cup tied. Added to the fact Hibs will have played half a dozen competitive games before we even kick a ball. Now that looks very much like the SFA trying to shaft us. 

AlphonseCapone
2 hours ago, Berra than you said:

Yeah, never fully get why people wouldn't want to play theses games. We are two games from a trophy. I appreciate.folk are angry and the SFA, but winning it is a much better way to get it up them than just pulling out the competition, in my opinion anyway.

I might be wrong but I suspect less people would be advocating staying away if it was Alloa, Arbroath and Falkirk left. There's a bit of, we'll never win it anyway going on. 

I think I'm with you, winning it would be the biggest get it up you, thousands of Hearts fans singing **** the SFA as we lift the trophy. Or win it and refuse to lift the trophy, don't take part in the winning ceremony, really embarrass them. But most of this is unlikely in truth as we're at a massive disadvantage to the other 3 teams left in it now, presuming we don't get reinstated. 

Harry Potter
1 hour ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

This. 

Its Scottish Football, no surprise in this, game run by clowns.

12 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

I might be wrong but I suspect less people would be advocating staying away if it was Alloa, Arbroath and Falkirk left. There's a bit of, we'll never win it anyway going on. 

I think I'm with you, winning it would be the biggest get it up you, thousands of Hearts fans singing **** the SFA as we lift the trophy. Or win it and refuse to lift the trophy, don't take part in the winning ceremony, really embarrass them. But most of this is unlikely in truth as we're at a massive disadvantage to the other 3 teams left in it now, presuming we don't get reinstated. 

Me personally I could not care less who we play in the semi , nothing to do with the opponents it's  the game itself , the institution that runs the competition. Now in the fulness of time I may mellow but for now as I have said it's no from me. For the record I have never!! missed a game just because I thought we would lose. HHGH!!

Berra than you
23 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Yeah I guess there probably is a bit of that. To be honest, I think we would be at a disadvantage if we are reinstated anyway, we are a month of the premiership fitness wise already. Struggle to see how we will compete on August 1st if reinstated.

Robbo-Jambo
55 minutes ago, j1964m said:

Why are they finishing the Scottish cup but not not the league what a joke the SPFL and SFA are semi-finals to be played 31st October and 1st November

Because they couldn't wait to hand over the SPL trophy to Celtic. 

Funny how England managed to complete their league season. 

Absolutely farcical. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, micole said:

Still a no from me, I cannot and will not give the SFA a penny of my money even moreso if they give us a hefty fine. As I said before I will donate ticket money to FOH now this does not make me a better or worse supporter than anyone else. People choose to make their own decisions and I get that ,there is no right or wrong here. HHGH!!....only Hearts.

I agree about not giving the SFA, like boycotting the joke of a national team, but the money for the semis is pooled and given to the four clubs. We are basically giving money to Hearts by going, not that it will be anywhere near being allowed to be a full house anyway. 

Samuel Camazzola
50 minutes ago, Barack said:

Never...have I wanted or cared as much, as wanting Rangers to beat Celtic in that semi-final.

Which one, Barack? 

23 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Because they couldn't wait to hand over the SPL trophy to Celtic. 

Funny how England managed to complete their league season. 

Absolutely farcical. 

England? They are playing/finishing leagues all over Europe not just England. 

Samuel Camazzola
Just now, Barack said:

The shitey one coming up.

I see. I assume you mean Aberdeen then? The Rangers bit threw me as we pumped them out. 

Samuel Camazzola
Just now, Barack said:

Yes. I was just up when I posted that. Then, I realised my **** up...too late to edit it, and hoped to style it out.

Oh, well.  :lol:

Just up? You repping in Corfu again? 

Samuel Camazzola
1 minute ago, Barack said:

Day off and a bad night's sleep.

Decided to have a lie in.

Jealous! 

Diadora Van Basten

I think we need to await the outcome of arbitration but if we are not reinstated and are expected to play against a team that is match fit whilst we are not is very unfair. 

With no European spot at place I would just play the kids and let the fans know not to travel.

Weakened Offender
3 hours ago, GorgieRules22 said:

No sure your quite grasping what’s happened over the past few months. I don’t miss Hearts games but this one I will, they can ram it as far up their arse as possible. Our club has been rode like Seabiscuit since March so I’ll opt out on this one 

Snivel, snivel..... 

37 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I agree about not giving the SFA, like boycotting the joke of a national team, but the money for the semis is pooled and given to the four clubs. We are basically giving money to Hearts by going, not that it will be anywhere near being allowed to be a full house anyway. 

Apologies if wrong but I believe the SFA take 5% of gate receipts.  That is my understanding of the rules,if I have read it wrong sorry in advance.... again it is a personal choice...HHGH!!

Smoked-Glass
1 hour ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

The fact they can change the rules before the end shows how stupid this mob are. Teams in previous rounds who had players ineligible should be shouting foul! They simply can't go chopping and changing the parameters during the comp, teams who have lost out in earlier rounds are being stuffed and Hibs will be allowed to play a better player who normally would be cup tied. Added to the fact Hibs will have played half a dozen competitive games before we even kick a ball. Now that looks very much like the SFA trying to shaft us. 

They can do anything in the name of covid

1 hour ago, Gambo said:

A  cup is played over one season, not 2 seasons with different squads.

Correct.  Ludicrous.   As is the venue, when the pandemic has not ended, and there will almost certainly be social distancing required in the ground, and on public transport.    Good luck to whoever has to police that one.  

And the final, the last Sunday before Christmas.  Really?

King Of The Cat Cafe

Am I getting this right?

A player who played and was on the losing side in a match in an early round but has since transferred to a new club is eligible to play in the semis?

(Apologies if already covered.)

4 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

Am I getting this right?

A player who played and was on the losing side in a match in an early round but has since transferred to a new club is eligible to play in the semis?

(Apologies if already covered.)

Yup. Along with 5 subs. 

buzzbomb1958
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Spend your cash at Tynecastle we still get a share of the pooled money feck every one else ONLYHEARTS

I am well past caring but have I got this right?  Hibs will have been playing competitive football for 3 months prior to this semifinal.  If we are in the championship, we will have had one competitive fixture.

I can sense that not all are keen on a boycott. Well for me the position is quite simple; the actions of the SPFL, backed up by the SFA, has shown a total disregard for us as supporters; it is as if we do not count. We have to send a message to show our anger in a way that will hurt them financially. I will not be giving any more money to any club other than Hearts, end of. No more away games, no more cup ties where receipts are shared. Remember the semi final money is pooled and split between the 4 clubs and the SFA. By attending you are giving money to clubs who frankly have shown us no sympathy whatsoever; they are laughing at us. To maximise Hearts income from the semi final the clear way ahead is to donate the admission price to FOH, and we will still get a share of the gate. I appreciate that this may seem a bit extreme to many, but sadly the events of the last three months have turned what were rivals into enemies that we have to deal with in a lawful manner; beat them on the field, off it make every penny a prisoner. 

6 minutes ago, Robdawg said:

Excuses already with the comepentive games, Neilson should have the team ready for this 

So, I'll ask again : the SFA have said Hearts can resume training mid Sept latest and we'll have had minimum 6 weeks "pre season" before we even start in the Championship ? 

Thought not. 

Just now, henryheart said:

I can sense that not all are keen on a boycott. Well for me the position is quite simple; the actions of the SPFL, backed up by the SFA, has shown a total disregard for us as supporters; it is as if we do not count. We have to send a message to show our anger in a way that will hurt them financially. I will not be giving any more money to any club other than Hearts, end of. No more away games, no more cup ties where receipts are shared. Remember the semi final money is pooled and split between the 4 clubs and the SFA. By attending you are giving money to clubs who frankly have shown us no sympathy whatsoever; they are laughing at us. To maximise Hearts income from the semi final the clear way ahead is to donate the admission price to FOH, and we will still get a share of the gate. I appreciate that this may seem a bit extreme to many, but sadly the events of the last three months have turned what were rivals into enemies that we have to deal with in a lawful manner; beat them on the field, off it make every penny a prisoner. 

You begin to wonder what the point is in the club going through all the current agonies when some fans are happy to ignore the way Hearts have been treated by the SFA /SPFL and other clubs : seriously , putting money into this shitshow is unbelievable.