• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Smoked-Glass

• Kiwidoug

• frankblack

• complete control

Fitness will be key.

we desperately need Central defender/s.

midfield also looks weak but then so is theirs. They play the arse cheeks beforehand in the league so hopefully some morale boosting heavy defeats will see their heads drop. They’ll be favourites no doubt.

this still sticks in my throat that it’s going ahead though

J.T.F.Robertson

If there was a way out of this I wouldn't even play it. After all, the season was called, was it not? Different players, a certain team in a different league. Just another farcical decision by our "authorities".

Other than it being against them I genuinely coudn't give a toss.

complete control
1 hour ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

If there was a way out of this I wouldn't even play it. After all, the season was called, was it not? Different players, a certain team in a different league. Just another farcical decision by our "authorities".

Me anaw 

On 29/08/2020 at 12:21, Clerry Jambo said:

Hibs sign Jamie Murphy 

He was hot garbage yesterday afternoon. Replacing Horgan with Murphy is a definite downgrade.

2-1 Hearts

Its the most excited I've been for a while for football. I don't think we have anything to fear with that lot. They've no fight in their midfield. I really hope there is a chance for some football fans to attend this one.

will-i-am-a-jambo
On 27/08/2020 at 22:14, Morgan said:

Unless I want to, yeah?

If that's what floats your boat having pops at other Hearts fans who you have never met then knock yourself out.

l have no interest in having a spat with you and boring other posters on a thread about the Hibs semi final. As Hearts fans we should stick together after the crap we have had to endure over the last few months, do you not agree?

What are your thoughts on the semi final? I'm not sure how many games we will play beforehand but lm hoping we can get a couple of wins to build confidence and momentum. As for Hibs lm not sure if ld prefer if they had a monumental slide and being disheartened or whether having them all expecting a win as we all know how that usually turns out for them!

I’m confident that Neilson and the players know exactly what this game means. Despite being hobbled significantly by the football authorities, and member clubs including Hibs, we need to win this game. It’s a semi-final of the top cup competition in the country. The players and Neilson will be right up for this and see it as an opportunity to start swinging back at the people who did this to us. Some of our supporters seem a bit NGAF about it, and I just can’t understand it. 

Given the new lockdown in Glasgow should we really be risking any travel to Glasgow ?

Of course we are still to find out if fans will be allowed to attend and if so in what numbers...in England they are looking for 20,000 fans to attend a match on the 25th October at Twickenham.....around 25% of capacity

willie wallace
2 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Given the new lockdown in Glasgow should we really be risking any travel to Glasgow ?

Of course we are still to find out if fans will be allowed to attend and if so in what numbers...in England they are looking for 20,000 fans to attend a match on the 25th October at Twickenham.....around 25% of capacity

If fans are allowed Murrayfield should be a no brainier especially if the current transport restrictions are still in place.

Actually it should be at Murrayfield anyway.

Given their main tactic  involves boyle using his pace to chase a Brazilian like hoof up the park , the 3 players we’ve signed given their pace surely nullifies that , what they will try after that who knows ?Their midfield looks lightweight and neither of their fullbacks look that great . There one advantage is match fitness .

2-1 for us although I’m hoping we destroy the ****ers 

On 31/08/2020 at 02:55, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Aye but it seems the club have decided to ignore that ridiculous thought, so let’s just move on. They are nothing to fear. It’s probably the biggest game on our calendar at the moment and they fear us, no matter what state they believe us to be in they are in fear of what might well happen to them. I for one can’t wait for it.

2 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Given their main tactic  involves boyle using his pace to chase a Brazilian like hoof up the park , the 3 players we’ve signed given their pace surely nullifies that , what they will try after that who knows ?Their midfield looks lightweight and neither of their fullbacks look that great . There one advantage is match fitness .

We’ll be match fit and in top gear by the time this comes around. Beyond the fact that they have a goal threat of sorts, behind their front men they’ve got weaknesses all over the place. A pedestrian midfield and 2 pretty average full backs for starters.

Bazzas right boot
43 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Tbh, hoofs up the park caused us all types of bother last season 😭

I've been reminded by a hibs fan that they have not conceded a goal from open play so far this season, maybe we'll just need to rely on direct free kicks and a penalty or two to win the game. 

32421847858_59637ef197_b.jpg

Weakened Offender
22 minutes ago, dannymack said:

Yep, most definitely and one of the most unexpected results I've witnessed down there, however both clubs have changed personnel since that result.

Despite our lowly position before lockdown I still maintained we had enough in our locker to escape relegation and contest in either the play offs or better still finish 10th from the top 😏 but again our squad has been rinsed so who knows what lies ahead of us for this game, I simply hope Robbie & Co know what they're doing with these new signings that are not off the "Im Free Who Wants Me" list where Hibs have signed recognised names with reasonable pedigrees.

Ever since May 86 and numerous semi finals and finals since I've never ever been overly confident with our beloved, I've always toned it down and celebrated in style AFTER the event, nothing worse than the big build up and then being let down with an almighty FUD ! 😔

I didn't think it was that unexpected a win at the time. Genuinely fancied us. The League Cup 1/4 tie the season we were in administration was a massively unexpected win. 😊

57 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Tbh, hoofs up the park caused us all types of bother last season 😭

Ah but other teams had more than one speed merchant 

1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

We’ll be match fit and in top gear by the time this comes around. Beyond the fact that they have a goal threat of sorts, behind their front men they’ve got weaknesses all over the place. A pedestrian midfield and 2 pretty average full backs for starters.

Here’s hoping 🙏🏻🙏🏻

2 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Somebody who is allegedly quite good has just left them.  Forgotten his name already.

10 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Sign halliday and Cummings. 

Ofload Damour, sell Hickey. 

I'll be happy. 

Psychologically, Cummings would be a great signing for this game. You already know he’d score. It’s just a simple fact.

4 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Psychologically, Cummings would be a great signing for this game. You already know he’d score. It’s just a simple fact.

:thumbsup:

I would bring Cummings in 100%. I think we are also underestimating how good it will be to have Gordon in goal. Massive difference. A Jimmy Dunne level CB still needed though. Can’t rely on Berra for this one.

Franksluckypants

The 5:1 is a never ending scab that we won't ever leave alone to heal...it still causes them a great deal of pain and anguish. 

Glorious!!!

Oh and this time will be natural order once more! 

24 minutes ago, Perrykitch said:

I would bring Cummings in 100%. I think we are also underestimating how good it will be to have Gordon in goal. Massive difference. A Jimmy Dunne level CB still needed though. Can’t rely on Berra for this one.

I thought the whole Cummings talk was a bogey now, is it a possibility again? I thought he'd signed somewhere. (Too laid back after a few drams tonight to look it up.)

Not sure how I'd feel about him signing for us, but if he stuck it in the Hobo net, well, all would be forgiven (nearly).

Bazzas right boot
10 hours ago, Morgan said:

:thumbsup:

Tbf, you don't sign players for their intelligence, imo we need a few more dafties. 

Hagar the Horrible

Is it just me that thinks, that the reason the games have not been confirmed is that we would be on the sunday 1st Nov, but if the ban on fans is lifted on the 1st november rather than the 31st October, then that ensures celtic get fans in while we dont?

I hope no fans get in this year, max damage please

17 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Psychologically, Cummings would be a great signing for this game. You already know he’d score. It’s just a simple fact.

It is written in the stars.

2 hours ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Is it just me that thinks, that the reason the games have not been confirmed is that we would be on the sunday 1st Nov, but if the ban on fans is lifted on the 1st november rather than the 31st October, then that ensures celtic get fans in while we dont?

I hope no fans get in this year, max damage please

i think they are waiting to see if celtic or aberdeen make the group stages of the EL. if so their game will have to be the sunday due to their european games being thursday

5 hours ago, milky_26 said:

i think they are waiting to see if celtic or aberdeen make the group stages of the EL. if so their game will have to be the sunday due to their european games being thursday

Surely simple to just give them the Sunday now and then everybody knows their date

On 02/09/2020 at 16:45, willie wallace said:

If fans are allowed Murrayfield should be a no brainier especially if the current transport restrictions are still in place.

Actually it should be at Murrayfield anyway.

Thats common sense, our football leaders aint got any. clowns 

been here before
1 hour ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Any update.  Game time or location.  Or tv channel? 

The Scottish Govt,  SFA, Telly companies and the clubs themselves tend not to announce things on here.

21 minutes ago, been here before said:

The Scottish Govt,  SFA, Telly companies and the clubs themselves tend not to announce things on here.

😭🤣

On 05/09/2020 at 15:40, Harry Potter said:

Thats common sense, our football leaders aint got any. clowns 

Can see this being another u-turn after external pressure, much like their Super Sunday semi final idea.

The SFA would no doubt prefer a significantly lower crowd at Hampden than entertain the idea of Murrayfield being another resounding success.

58 minutes ago, kila said:

Can see this being another u-turn after external pressure, much like their Super Sunday semi final idea.

The SFA would no doubt prefer a significantly lower crowd at Hampden than entertain the idea of Murrayfield being another resounding success.

No doubt bud, that idea of 2 semis on one day was their best ever, fools.

• 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Should not be getting played. Absolute farce.

Definitely not.  Sheer desperation for a Celtic to get another treble.  

Assuming it does, then given it was going ahead on the assumption there would be a crowd, the fact the chose Hampden, instead of Murrayfield, meaning 40,000 travelling from Edinburgh to Glasgow, at a time when we are still advised to use public transport of necessary, and to social distance is almost as farcical. 

Guest ToqueJambo
21 minutes ago, cookieboy said:

:notsure:

He's right. They could have finished the Premiership, played the promotion/relegation play-offs and finished the cup just like other countries did by delaying the start of the next season until mid Sept and playing a lot of closed door games within a short period from mid/early-July when contact sport was allowed.