semi final v hibs on 31/10 (updated)

Smoked-Glass

complete control
4 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

I hope all these so called hearts fans that are telling them to ram don’t celebrate too much when we win it.

what makes u think we can win it ? 

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Smoked-Glass

• Kiwidoug

• frankblack

• complete control

Remember the SFA, who organise this tournament, have us up on a charge.

Yes, lets bend over backwards to accommodate  them.

:rofl:

Release a statement with no precise date, this Shit has got to stop. It's absolutely comical now. 

They might as well play it tomorrow for all I care.

KyleLafferty
3 minutes ago, complete control said:

Cause it’s a semi final of a cup, 2 wins from winning it when anything can happen. 

complete control
2 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Cause it’s a semi final of a cup, 2 wins from winning it when anything can happen. 

i like your optimsm but we only won 4 games in the league all season ..

Goldstone Wonder

Which season is that? Either the season’s over or it’s not. This is a farce and needs to be called out as such 

Does that mean that if we lose our arbitration hearing then the SFA won’t expel us? Maybe a massive fine to weaken us further so their chosen one can get their tainted treble again?  Suppose they’ll need us to make the numbers up for the semi though so at least we are safe from being booted out the league. I’m also hazarding a guess, but I bet father Gollum will referee this final once more and septic will indeed get another dodgy penalty decision. 
FTSFA! 

Boyces beard

We have also won 3 out of 3 Scottish Cup games in the competition including a victory over Rangers in the last round.

complete control
2 minutes ago, Goldstone Wonder said:

Which season is that? Either the season’s over or it’s not. This is a farce and needs to be called out as such 

totally agree with u

complete control
1 minute ago, jambo3tevie said:

We have also won 3 out of 3 Scottish Cup games in the competition including a victory over Rangers in the last round.

aye ok

57 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

So Hibs get 3 months of competitive  match preparation and we get 2 weeks?

:fonzie:

Let’s not go inventing things here. Our competitive season starts on 3rd October with the Diddy Cup group games. We’ll start preseason training at least 4 weeks before that. We’ll be ready (with no valid excuses) for a derby cup semi final on 31st October- and THEY are still just Hibs !!! 

On 16/07/2020 at 07:55, Deevers said:

The best two fingered salute we could give to the SFA is to win the Semi, then go on to win the Final.

A close second would be to win the semi final then find a reason to not play the final.

It would take away their showcase and hugely damage their sponsorship opportunities going forward. 

This would also be hugely damaging to ourselves as well which is why it would never happen but it would probably be the most destructive option for the SFA and Scottish Football.

11 minutes ago, complete control said:

Has it come to this now ? We’re feared of playing Hibs ? HAS IT FECK !   

complete control
Just now, JimmyCant said:

more like the tims 

GorgieRules22
1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

No sure your quite grasping what’s happened over the past few months. I don’t miss Hearts games but this one I will, they can ram it as far up their arse as possible. Our club has been rode like Seabiscuit since March so I’ll opt out on this one 

complete control
Just now, GorgieRules22 said:

No sure your quite grasping what’s happened over the past few months. I don’t miss Hearts games but this one I will, they can ram it as far up their arse as possible. Our club has been rode like Seabiscuit since March so I’ll opt out on this one 

exactly 👍

Smoked-Glass
23 minutes ago, complete control said:

Cause watch the October 2013 league Cup game at Easter Road. 

August Landmesser
9 minutes ago, graygo said:

The problem with telling them to ram it is that we are probably contractually bound to play.

According to the competition rules, any club can withdraw from the competition if they give minimum four days' written notice to the SFA and their opponents, so we have until 26/27th Oct to decide I guess....

I vote for telling them to ram it.

complete control
1 minute ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Cause watch the October 2013 league Cup game at Easter Road. 

why ?

1 minute ago, complete control said:

more like the tims 

Well at least we’ll have beaten Hibs to get a dugs chance of winning it. Last season was Last season. One of the worst in recent memory. It’s finished. We’ve bounced back before and we’ll bounce back again. We’re starting again and as our manager says ‘We are Hearts and we fear no one’ We’ll be ready And we’ll be more motivated that any of them to win this cup and ram it up a few in the process. And if we don’t - we’re still Hearts. 

Weakened Offender
33 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

I hope all these so called hearts fans that are telling them to ram don’t celebrate too much when we win it.

Yup. 

5 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Sorry but I’m not leaving the team unsupported at a national semi final and final and having others laughing at our pettiness. If crowds are permitted I’ll be there. 

I won’t be going to away League games but that’s no real loss to anyone as I only do 2-3 a season when all the mates are free to make a day if it. We’ll be going to the pub and donating to FOH 2-3 times a season instead.

We draw the line at Staying away from cup semi finals though. 

manaliveits105
26 minutes ago, complete control said:

yeah but skelped the vermin powder puffs twice dont you know 

Berra than you
38 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Yeah, never fully get why people wouldn't want to play theses games. We are two games from a trophy. I appreciate.folk are angry and the SFA, but winning it is a much better way to get it up them than just pulling out the competition, in my opinion anyway.

Ron Burgundy
10 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

According to the competition rules, any club can withdraw from the competition if they give minimum four days' written notice to the SFA and their opponents, so we have until 26/27th Oct to decide I guess....

Agreed.

I think anyone who thinks any team other than Celtic will be allowed to win this is being naïve.

I will watch any cup games on the telly, even if we made it to the final as we will not be winning it. It simply won't be allowed to happen.

Scott980612
1 hour ago, Gambo said:

Better 2 fingered salute would be to play the youths, have no Hearts fans and devalue even more the tainted cup.

If Celtic were not in the semis do you still think this would be happening?

This.   

All about Celtic 

10 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

A football club withdrawing from big football matches in the huff ? Aye GTF. We’ll see you on the pitch. That’s the way to ram it up these people and retain credibility and dignity. There is NO DANGER of us withdrawing anyway so let’s put that right to bed.

August Landmesser
3 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

A football club withdrawing from big football matches in the huff ? Aye GTF. We’ll see you on the pitch. That’s the way to ram it up these people and retain credibility and dignity. There is NO DANGER of us withdrawing anyway so let’s put that right to bed.

It's not 'in the huff' though. Withdrawing from this would be credible, and dignified. 

The 2019/20 season is over, the clubs/SPFL voted for that, therefore we shouldn't be playing the 2019/20 SC - especially not with changes to the rules halfway through the competition. This is a farce intended solely to get Celtic another treble, and we should have no part of it. **** the SFA.

1 minute ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Interesting to see where we are in terms of crowds in grounds by that stage

Old Firm game a couple of weeks before. 

jambo-in-furness

Lets just see what comes out of the arbitration panel,  personally I think the release and timing of the semi and final dates gives me a wee bit of optimism of the outcome,  to me they are planning for us to be fully reinstated and up and running at full steam by the time the semi comes around.

Daft old me,  aye I’ve been told that before many times.

12 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

It's not 'in the huff' though. Withdrawing from this would be credible, and dignified. 

The 2019/20 season is over, the clubs/SPFL voted for that, therefore we shouldn't be playing the 2019/20 SC - especially not with changes to the rules halfway through the competition. This is a farce intended solely to get Celtic another treble, and we should have no part of it. **** the SFA.

Withdrawing would be utterly stupid and petty and it’s not going to even be contemplated.

The SPFL season is over and we’ve been badly treated and we’re fighting it all the way. No one has ever been asked to or considered  ending the cup. The rule changes will apply to us as well so there is no disadvantage there. 

By far the best and most satisfying way to stop Celtic winning the treble is to beat them in the cup final. It’s a big ask but we’re the only team that can realistically stop them. That’s what football is all about and if we’re going to spend years greeting about this and not going to games and withdrawing from games we’d be as well chucking the towel in right now. We are spending money on lawyers so we can play football where we should be playing it, at the top with big games and trophy chances. To say that we’re not playing because they tried to feck us up merely lets them win.

Edited by JimmyCant

alwaysthereinspirit
1 hour ago, graygo said:

It's going to be weird celebrating another big cup win in the depth of winter, getting used to a day in the sun.

Would be a very Merry Christmas though. And a Happy New Year to most of Edinburgh.

1 hour ago, KyleLafferty said:

So you only celebrate a Hearts win if you have attended the game? 

NaturalOrder74

Stopping the season and then playing the cup demoting is in one competition then making us play the other is absolute nonsense and not taking part makes sense however unless it’s official from the club, we’re still two winnable games away from lifting it and that would be in my opinion a lot better than not showing up and not actually making a difference anyway 

ToadKiller Dog

Just shows up even more the ridiculous nature of ending the league early for one clubs benefit.

Clearly our turnout will depend on the mood after the arbitration decision .

Real potential for trouble between fans ,better playing it in Edinburgh, than have two sets of fans travelling potentially on the same trains and roads if covid rules  permits 

Edited by ToadKiller Dog

Shanks said no

Up to 50,000 fans travelling through to Glasgow during a pandemic when there is a perfectly good ground we can use on our doorstep. What could possibly go wrong? 

29 minutes ago, jambo-in-furness said:

Lets just see what comes out of the arbitration panel,  personally I think the release and timing of the semi and final dates gives me a wee bit of optimism of the outcome,  to me they are planning for us to be fully reinstated and up and running at full steam by the time the semi comes around.

Daft old me,  aye I’ve been told that before many times.

There is absolutely zero corellation between the cup dates being announced and our Abritration.

I think that should arbitration not reinstate us we will make a complaint regarding the timing of this game.

by complaining about it now we are showing or hand as a club that do not believe we will win arbitration 

No longer active
1 hour ago, graygo said:

The problem with telling them to ram it is that we are probably contractually bound to play.

If we select Bozanic, Dikamona, Avdijaj, Langer, MacLean, Peirrea, etc all of whom are eligible to play in this years SFA Cup then say “soz! They didnae turn up !” 

Edited by George Cowie

Hagar the Horrible

No no no I am sorry, the Semi is a non event as the Daily Keef has stated in brown that we will be getting a £1m fine AND expelled, so how is it possible to be able to play in their tainted tournament.

Still of a good mind to boycott, and hope that Hearts are having it live in the Gorgie suite

Smoked-Glass
5 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

No no no I am sorry, the Semi is a non event as the Daily Keef has stated in brown that we will be getting a £1m fine AND expelled, so how is it possible to be able to play in their tainted tournament.

Still of a good mind to boycott, and hope that Hearts are having it live in the Gorgie suite

Premier sports I think have the contract for the cup. 

BBC also get some games. 

Robbo-Jambo
25 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Up to 50,000 fans travelling through to Glasgow during a pandemic when there is a perfectly good ground we can use on our doorstep. What could possibly go wrong? 

This. 

The denseness of this decision is beyond belief. 😏

The farce of having two governing bodies who can't decide if a season is over or not.

Surprised they didn't say "Scottish Cup can't be finished so it is being decided on league placings and...... Celtic are the winners."