• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Smoked-Glass

• Kiwidoug

• frankblack

• complete control

7 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Maybe you guys could start your own thread and carry it on there ? 

Probably better the mods just lock this one as the OP can't handle opinions that don't agree with theirs.

Smoked-Glass

Am done.  Ppl. Can go or stay away if they want.  No point in jambos fighting each other at this time. 

Personally am glad the game is going ahead and might just watch on TV if don't fancy going all the way to Glasgow. 

julienbrellier

Firstly not sure why people think there will be fans there, there won't so it will be played in front of an empty stadium. No chance fans will be coming back until perhaps beginning of 2021 at the earliest. It just isn't (and shouldn't be) a priority getting fans into crowded stadiums right now. I understand why most want it called off, it;'s a disgrace that they are picking and choosing what they do/don't finish so I would support the whole thing being called off. However the club want to play it and I think we have a very good chance of winning it. We just need to sort ourselves out. On paper , now that we have a decent keeper, we are better than them.

Hectormasson
On 01/08/2020 at 23:11, gorgie rd eh11 said:

The season's over, we can't finish it, apart from the bits we can finish.

Global pandemic, let's arrange a game between two teams from the same city in another city. 

It's all part of the Scottish football pantomime. 

Absolute f.....g cretins !            

Clerry Jambo
44 minutes ago, julienbrellier said:

Firstly not sure why people think there will be fans there, there won't so it will be played in front of an empty stadium. No chance fans will be coming back until perhaps beginning of 2021 at the earliest. It just isn't (and shouldn't be) a priority getting fans into crowded stadiums right now. I understand why most want it called off, it;'s a disgrace that they are picking and choosing what they do/don't finish so I would support the whole thing being called off. However the club want to play it and I think we have a very good chance of winning it. We just need to sort ourselves out. On paper , now that we have a decent keeper, we are better than them.

Yip, game is going to be end of October, however whatever the crowd is going to be, tickets need sold weeks in advance, so decisions effectively need to be made sooner.

12 hours ago, julienbrellier said:

The thought of the SFA having 2 Semi Finals and a final with no fans at them is weirdly arousing.

Stick that in yer pipe and smoke it 

Smoked-Glass
5 hours ago, dannymack said:

The thought of the SFA having 2 Semi Finals and a final with no fans at them is weirdly arousing.

Could have the game in Saughton or some other pitch.  

3 hours ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Could have the game in Saughton or some other pitch.  

Long bangers should settle it but Saughton would be unfair to hibs because its our end of the city and would be a huge advantage to us.

20 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Yip, game is going to be end of October, however whatever the crowd is going to be, tickets need sold weeks in advance, so decisions effectively need to be made sooner.

Not really..plenty of matches sell tickets just a couple of weeks before and many a few days before

Easily wait until after the first week in October at least

I've not given it much thought as I don't think there is any prospect of crowds being allowed back anytime soon. 

Which will likely mean the SFA will try and play the ties round end of January. 

4 hours ago, luckydug said:

I've not given it much thought as I don't think there is any prospect of crowds being allowed back anytime soon. 

Which will likely mean the SFA will try and play the ties round end of January. 

That would be much fairer to Hearts therefore it won't happen.

25 minutes ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

image.jpeg.62edbaea6058c34232e327f85d8b075d.jpeg

After my scum neighbour's snide today I want us to rip them a new one, with rusty pliers.

Tennant's  6's
34 minutes ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

Exactly the attitude that we should ALWAYS have against that lot, and all the other pish in this footballing backwater. 

This better show an end to the Martin's,  Damour's et al weak willed mentality. 

Changes are clearly taking place, for the better. 

About bloody time! 

FTH  HHGH 

John Findlay
41 minutes ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

Craig knows alright.

ER and the shoes off Derby. Before the game Hearts were warming up the away end West stand side. I was that side lower section near the very front.

I called Craig over as the warm up was ending. 

I said, Craig just beat them. He replied, we will.

Big Zal did the rest.

Craig Gordon knows.

Edited by John Findlay

• 3 weeks later...
Hectormasson
On 04/08/2020 at 14:30, CJGJ said:

Not really..plenty of matches sell tickets just a couple of weeks before and many a few days before

Easily wait until after the first week in October at least

If allowed.. around/18 k    max can't see any in ,    imo.....

Guest ToqueJambo
On 08/08/2020 at 10:57, Tennant's 6's said:

Exactly the attitude that we should ALWAYS have against that lot, and all the other pish in this footballing backwater. 

This better show an end to the Martin's,  Damour's et al weak willed mentality

Changes are clearly taking place, for the better. 

About bloody time! 

FTH  HHGH 

That applies to some of our own fans these days - constantly talking up Hibs and talking down Hearts on here. They finished 7th last season and have played no-one yet this season.

1 hour ago, PTBCAL said:

Games Sat I believe 

I think so too especially now Celtic and Aberdeen are both Europa league so might be playing Thursday night 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/news/0255-0e99f5425aa5-6ef29ff04359-1000--2020-21-uefa-europa-league-match-calendar/amp/

Edited by Newton51

Looking forward to this game.

This is our chance at redress.  They think hampering our preparations will prevent us beating Hibs they are living in a dream world.

Hectormasson
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

That applies to some of our own fans these days - constantly talking up Hibs and talking down Hearts on here. They finished 7th last season and have played no-one yet this season.

Never talk these b......s up , no matter ! Tried to see us off on more than one occasion !!!    If they vanished the morn wouldn't care one iota ............🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🍻🍻👏

Cardiff Hearts

No crowd likely, them with head start and played more than us - gonna be tough shift.

Need someone like Berra and Robbie in new boys’ ears letting them know what it means and what at stake. 

Seymour M Hersh
On 01/08/2020 at 23:22, Smoked-Glass said:

Get to the game  .  

I'm sure it was "oot the gehme" and not get to the game. 

On 02/08/2020 at 00:03, will-i-am-a-jambo said:

No need for the cheap digs though.

Unless I want to, yeah?

Said it before, we have nothing to loose going in to this game. We defeat them it's a fantastic victory, we get beat it's a tainted  victory for them under the circumstances. I have a feeling we will do them though. HHGH

A lot of water to go under the bridge until the end of October. 

Apart from the danger of the virus causing postponement Hibs lucky streak will have finished by then. 

They could have picked up injuries and we should be fresh and ready by then. 

As long as there is no more delays and interference to our preparations I'm as confident about this game as any other Derby. 

Fort Vallance
5 hours ago, luckydug said:

A lot of water to go under the bridge until the end of October. 

Apart from the danger of the virus causing postponement Hibs lucky streak will have finished by then. 

They could have picked up injuries and we should be fresh and ready by then. 

As long as there is no more delays and interference to our preparations I'm as confident about this game as any other Derby. 

Fresh and ready would be good. But given our injury record I wouldn't hold my breath. First kick about of the pre-season and we've got two players missing carrying knocks and one on the sick. Precautionary I'm sure.

And when we go 2-0 up, likely around the 30 minute mark, no sitting back.  Are you listening Robbie? I'm shouting now.  No sitting back.

This is the outfit that wanted us deid.  At their governance level, never uttered a word of sympathy for the supporters.  Then voted enthusiastically to expel us from the premier league.

I want them smashed to pulp.

On 04/08/2020 at 05:50, dannymack said:

It’s  bloody marvellous 

Seeing what Halkett said in the papers pleasing me a lot. The players are seeing what is going on and it’s building our siege mentality. This semi is actually looking better for us. Just wish there was going to be fans but can’t see it

1 hour ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Hibs sign Jamie Murphy 

If that is Murphy from Sevco then that's a bum deal no? Knee injuries, playing for low league English team and I'm sure he is 30+. Can't be the same one because they are just about skint and Sevco would would want top dollar. They must be panicking about the semi.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Jumper said:

If that is Murphy from Sevco then that's a bum deal no? Knee injuries, playing for low league English team and I'm sure he is 30+. Can't be the same one because they are just about skint and Sevco would would want top dollar. They must be panicking about the semi.

Loan signing, 31yo, their parent club are still in the huff about McGinn and haven’t given them a player since 😆😂

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Loan signing, 31yo, their parent club are still in the huff about McGinn and haven’t given them a player since 😆😂

Loan? Cheapskate vermin trying to stay afloat I suppose.

Murphy won’t see the semi lucky to get 5 games out of him. They have went from CM top targets Docherty and Mcrorie to a winger. Ross knows it’s coming they are terrible no doubt about it wait till the semi it’s going to be glorious. 

6 minutes ago, Rods said:

Murphy won’t see the semi lucky to get 5 games out of him. They have went from CM top targets Docherty and Mcrorie to a winger. Ross knows it’s coming they are terrible no doubt about it wait till the semi it’s going to be glorious. 

The pain after the semi will be endless. More than was felt at final whistle 1-5.

Pasquale for King
43 minutes ago, Jumper said:

Loan? Cheapskate vermin trying to stay afloat I suppose.

They were going to buy McCrorie too, using the Kamberi money whilst sacking staff. 
Hibs class.

Pasquale for King
19 minutes ago, Rods said:

Good point, it’s like they just want to make signings no matter what position. Seem desperate to help their new pals in Govan too, their relationship with their parent club is in tatters it would seem 😂🤣😆.

12 hours ago, Rods said:

Seeing what Halkett said in the papers pleasing me a lot. The players are seeing what is going on and it’s building our siege mentality. This semi is actually looking better for us. Just wish there was going to be fans but can’t see it

First things first Halkett needs to significantly improve his performance levels. Accept his weaknesses and work on them til he is bored with himself. 

No one is wanting a victory in the semi final more than me but im not getting all this over confidence from some fans on here with their visions of 'another' convincing victory.

Right now I'd accept any victory but we 

simply need to respect the opposition on the field and go into this game with a professional level of caution but certainly with no fear.

Anyone out there who has played the game any level should understand where I'm coming from.... dont want to end up with egg on your face now do we ?