semi final v hibs on 31/10 (updated)

Smoked-Glass

3 minutes ago, theshed said:

The shared gate money won’t come to much anyway if fans are allowed back in 

If by miracle 10k hearts fans allowed in then that gets split 4 ways mind so peanuts at end of day if people decide to boycott 

Its more the principle for most people and not the money. 

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Smoked-Glass

• Kiwidoug

• frankblack

• complete control

9 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

But thats common sense bud, that shower dont do sense, mind the 2 semi finals on one day, clowns.

The SFA need to host games at Hampden to recover their costs of buying the ground from Queens Park plus maintenance.

Hopefully this makes a nice loss for them.

47 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Honestly don't understand the thinking behind this attitude . Cup semi final , against them , shared gate , why wouldn't you go ?

I do understand the wish to boycott some clubs grounds . But don't understand why we should stop away fans paying to get into Tynecastle . 

We get there money , they get to find out about the wankers who run their clubs

Because it’s all about Celtic. If Celtic& Rangers we’re out of last seasons competition do you really think this would still be getting played?  We’re also at a disadvantage with our league start and the possibility of our squad being trimmed. It’s really not hard to understand why people want to make a point of not attending. 

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

because it’s a joke. Last seasons cup with this seasons squads ? With us being hugely disadvantaged being about 8 weeks behind the other 3 clubs in preparation/ games.  In a cup run by a wankfest organisation who decided to charge us during arbitration (next week we find out that punishment).

I won’t be going either. Don’t care who it’s against. They can GTF. £30 in FOH will be my contribution.

Spot on. Strange that any Hearts supporter needs this pointed out to them tbh

Smoked-Glass
13 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Exactly but show them the fixtures, pick the games, it’s not rocket science 🤷🏾‍♂️

Be annouced in a few weeks I'd say. 

Smoked-Glass
9 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Spot on. Strange that any Hearts supporter needs this pointed out to them tbh

It's even stranger that ppl don't want to go to a cup semi final and watch us beat hibs.   

Nookie Bear
Just now, Smoked-Glass said:

It's even stranger that ppl don't want to go to a cup semi final and watch us beat hibs.   

Yes, but do people not understand the reasons why many are not going? Really?

#move_on ?

Smoked-Glass
Just now, Nookie Bear said:

Yes, but do people not understand the reasons why many are not going? Really?

#move_on ?

Fine.  I'll be there because I'm a hearts fan. 

Nookie Bear
2 minutes ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Fine.  I'll be there because I'm a hearts fan. 

I won’t, for the same reason 👍🏻

been here before
1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

You're not going because he's a Hearts fan?

Smoked-Glass
32 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Hearts fans go to see their team, not desert them when they are playing a big game.   

Just now, Smoked-Glass said:

Hearts fans go to see their team, not desert them when they are playing a big game.   

Give it a rest pal, you are embarassing yourself with your super-fan pish.

Smoked-Glass
6 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Give it a rest pal, you are embarassing yourself with your super-fan pish.

No more than the stay at home lot. 

2 hours ago, theshed said:

The shared gate money won’t come to much anyway if fans are allowed back in 

If by miracle 10k hearts fans allowed in then that gets split 4 ways mind so peanuts at end of day if people decide to boycott 

Less costs!

I hope our defence next week is, why was the league called but not the cup?
What does the SFA actually do?

if the outcome of the SFA hearing is expulsion or a fine why has 
1.) the SPFL been allowed to issue league fixtures before the SFA hearing?

2.) Why have the SFA issued the dates regarding the semi finals & the final will be played when in theory an expulsion is still a possibility.

Farce, England going back into lockdown, delaying spectators at sport. Lawell begging for supporters at Celtic park...

Here’s hoping the Scottish government review says that September trial date needs to be pushed back till end of October. No need for games at Hampden.

4 minutes ago, Mundaydog said:

I hope our defence next week is, why was the league called but not the cup?
What does the SFA actually do?

if the outcome of the SFA hearing is expulsion or a fine why has 
1.) the SPFL been allowed to issue league fixtures before the SFA hearing?

2.) Why have the SFA issued the dates regarding the semi finals & the final will be played when in theory an expulsion is still a possibility.

Farce, England going back into lockdown, delaying spectators at sport. Lawell begging for supporters at Celtic park...

Here’s hoping the Scottish government review says that September trial date needs to be pushed back till end of October. No need for games at Hampden.

Plus why did the SFA cancel pyramid playoffs.

The way things look down south I don't see any crowds by the end of the year.

Edited by frankblack

4 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Has to be at Murrayfield. Even if only 10k are allowed to attend, having that number of people travelling to Glasgow is stupid. 

I will leave it in the capable hands of the Scottish Football authorities to sort   

game will be played at hampden (doesn’t really matter anyway as probably won’t be allowed fans the way things are going) 

15 minutes ago, Shanks said:

game will be played at hampden (doesn’t really matter anyway as probably won’t be allowed fans the way things are going) 

That’s what I can’t understand, the SFA said last week both games would be Hampden.. they are desperate for money from whatever amount of fans they think they might get at the games. They are showing complete disregard to folk who may want to attend but due to the dire transport links and complete lack of free parking around Hampden will be forced onto overcrowded trains & buses out to hampden. 
It’s pointless and a further waste of money but there doesn’t appear to be any contingency plans if no fans are allowed to the games. Therefore both games could be played at a much smaller neutral venue.

Mr Elwood P
4 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

because it’s a joke. Last seasons cup with this seasons squads ? With us being hugely disadvantaged being about 8 weeks behind the other 3 clubs in preparation/ games.  In a cup run by a wankfest organisation who decided to charge us during arbitration (next week we find out that punishment).

I won’t be going either. Don’t care who it’s against. They can GTF. £30 in FOH will be my contribution.

It’s not some crazy conspiracy. They’ve completed the cup competitions in France and Belgium where the leagues were curtailed. The point about this seasons squads is also weak. We now have an actual manager and an actual goalkeeper. We’re in a much stronger position, currently.

6 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

It’s not some crazy conspiracy. They’ve completed the cup competitions in France and Belgium where the leagues were curtailed. The point about this seasons squads is also weak. We now have an actual manager and an actual goalkeeper. We’re in a much stronger position, currently.

Other countries didn't expel teams with unfinished leagues either so your points are irrelevant.

Edited by frankblack

Nookie Bear
46 minutes ago, Shanks said:

To be honest, if there are no fans then they not just toss a coin and play it at either Tynie or Easter Road?

Mr Elwood P
7 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Other countries didn't expel teams with unfinished leagues either so your points are irrelevant.

Did they not? What happened in France and England?

5 hours ago, johnthomas said:

Honestly don't understand the thinking behind this attitude . Cup semi final , against them , shared gate , why wouldn't you go ?

I do understand the wish to boycott some clubs grounds . But don't understand why we should stop away fans paying to get into Tynecastle . 

We get there money , they get to find out about the wankers who run their clubs

My thinking is that I don't want to give the 3 other clubs and the sfa any of my money at this particular time. I will donate the ticket price to FoH then Hearts get 100% of it. If's really not difficult to grasp.

Getintaethem

Boycotts etc are fine, but the best way to stick it up them would be to beat Hibs then bring the Cup back in December

33 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Did they not? What happened in France and England?

England is technically the same season.

So, did all countries that ended their season early move their cups to the following season?

Selective examples, and does not cover the pick 'n' mix job by the SPFL/SFA over promotion, relegation, playoffs, and cup.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Getintaethem said:

Boycotts etc are fine, but the best way to stick it up them would be to beat Hibs then bring the Cup back in December

Why not both?

Guest ToqueJambo

We shouldn't boycott this game IMO if fans are allowed, although even if they are fans won't have the same influence they would in a full stadium. This is a game we can win and there's really no pressure as we're likely to be massive underdogs (depending on how what the squad looks like come the game) given how far behind we'll be in starting to play again.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Shanks said:

They went to huge lengths to buy Hampden (another absolutely shit decision they didn't need to make that cost the Scottish game money it doesn't have, and a decision they made without properly consulting fans).

It'll take a nuclear bomb hitting Glasgow to prevent games being played there. Even then.. it already feels like you're walking through a desolate wasteland to get to games there.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Mr Elwood P
19 minutes ago, frankblack said:

England is technically the same season.

So, did all countries that ended their season early move their cups to the following season?

Selective examples, and does not cover the pick 'n' mix job by the SPFL/SFA over promotion, relegation, playoffs, and cup.

Moving it back, in the hope of having at least some fans in attendance, is financially beneficial to Hearts. They could have had it this weekend and we’d have no ticket sale revenue and wouldn’t have played a game yet. Not sure how the situation is detrimental to us at all?

4 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Moving it back, in the hope of having at least some fans in attendance, is financially beneficial to Hearts. They could have had it this weekend and we’d have no ticket sale revenue and wouldn’t have played a game yet. Not sure how the situation is detrimental to us at all?

The likelihood is that there will still be no fans watching it if its held this year.

8 hours ago, martoon said:

Hearts are still, and always will be, the establishment club of Edinburgh and the Lothians; the true representatives of the city, the region and it's people. 

Scottish football wise, however, we've gone rogue. 😊

This is what I was getting at.  :thumbsup:   You just worded it better than I.

Needless to say though, the pedants were all over me like a cheap suit.  :vrface:

9 hours ago, martoon said:

Hearts are still, and always will be, the establishment club of Edinburgh and the Lothians; the true representatives of the city, the region and it's people. 

Yeah in Edinburgh martoon as far as we’re concerned but to the establishment of spfl/sfa & bigot twins we are the rabble rousers.

I still can’t believe there are people struggling to understand why we should boycott games, even a semi or a final. 

However, in an ideal world the SFA would pay a fortune to rent Murrayfield and lose money as no Hearts fans turn up. 

We’ll beat that shower of inbred, mutant, junkie, jakeball, sister fisting scaffs wherever we play them and regardless of fans. 

will-i-am-a-jambo
14 hours ago, martoon said:

That makes sense! Thanks for explaining.

will-i-am-a-jambo
5 hours ago, Morgan said:

This is what I was getting at.  :thumbsup:   You just worded it better than I.

Needless to say though, the pedants were all over me like a cheap suit.  :vrface:

Yes martoon has explained that well. I just didn't understand where you were coming from. I think everyone is still a bit raw and angry over the situation we find ourselves in (l know l certainly am). No need for the cheap digs though.

gorgie rd eh11

The season's over, we can't finish it, apart from the bits we can finish.

Global pandemic, let's arrange a game between two teams from the same city in another city. 

It's all part of the Scottish football pantomime. 

Smoked-Glass
4 hours ago, Swanny17 said:

I still can’t believe there are people struggling to understand why we should boycott games, even a semi or a final. 

However, in an ideal world the SFA would pay a fortune to rent Murrayfield and lose money as no Hearts fans turn up. 

We’ll beat that shower of inbred, mutant, junkie, jakeball, sister fisting scaffs wherever we play them and regardless of fans. 

Get to the game  .  

Smoked-Glass
4 hours ago, frankblack said:

:rofl:

If you are going to attempt a comeback, at least get it right.

The word was enough.