semi final v hibs on 31/10 (updated)

Smoked-Glass

6 hours ago, Kearney13 said:

We could have easily surived relegation easily from the league?

Are you daft?

Aye you're right, a 4 point gap with 8 games to play was completely insurmountable.

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Smoked-Glass

• Kiwidoug

• frankblack

• complete control

On 24/06/2020 at 20:07, 1971fozzy said:

100% 

I have zero interest in it. All for Celtic*
they can ram it up their arseholes. 

This. 

Hectormasson
29 minutes ago, davie1980 said:

Aye you're right, a 4 point gap with 8 games to play was completely insurmountable.

never would have stayed up !!!!!  Said fitzpatrick  ,, and that silver nut st midden manager" amongst many others that should never be forgotten!    Hope they get their comeuppance !!     And soon ........b..........s !!

Smoked-Glass
4 hours ago, davie1980 said:

That team would lose the play off most probably 

On 26/06/2020 at 23:33, Smoked-Glass said:

Well I hope you lads aren't in court the day we make our case for compensation.

FFS

WIth 8 fixtures left, it is entirely possible we could have survived. No one is saying we were odds on favourites, no one is saying we would have survived.

But overhauling a 4 point deficit is not unthinkable and winning a play off, designed to make it easier for the Premier league club to survive, is also a distinct possibility.

Smoked-Glass
2 hours ago, davie1980 said:

Well I hope you lads aren't in court the day we make our case for compensation.

FFS

WIth 8 fixtures left, it is entirely possible we could have survived. No one is saying we were odds on favourites, no one is saying we would have survived.

But overhauling a 4 point deficit is not unthinkable and winning a play off, designed to make it easier for the Premier league club to survive, is also a distinct possibility.

I hope so too.. Just pointing out that our task was greater than just making 11th.

The Continental Op
On 25/06/2020 at 01:55, martoon said:

The Europa League place has already been transposed to the Premier League. Aberdeen, for "finishing" 4th, have been awarded it. 

If we win it, then presumably the losses of not playing in Europe will be added to our claim.😉..

3 minutes ago, The Continental Op said:

If we win it, then presumably the losses of not playing in Europe will be added to our claim.😉..

We're going to need a much bigger calculator. 

Harry Potter
On 26/06/2020 at 23:33, Smoked-Glass said:

Are you a medium , Mistic meg, the point is, we never got the chance, thats the injustice of it.

15 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Man city Newcastle play in the FA cup live on BBC today, and nothing up here happening, :sad3:.

Precisely.  Scottish football authorities are an embarrassing shambles.  I hope the Court of Sessions rips the absolute piss out of them and instructs them to issue an apology to all member clubs for their gross mismanagement.

If the unthinkable happens in court and it’s referred back to the SFA, and they decide to revoke our membership and expel us. (all hypothetical) Will they wait till the semi is played for maximum financial benefit or expel us straight away? 

Harry Potter
2 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

If the unthinkable happens in court and it’s referred back to the SFA, and they decide to revoke our membership and expel us. (all hypothetical) Will they wait till the semi is played for maximum financial benefit or expel us straight away? 

scottish football is bad enough without losing its 3rd biggest club. 

JamboGraham

If the SFA have any sense (no sniggering at the back) then they will wait until there is a clear resolution from the court on the SPFL situation before making any announcements on the cup.

To continue the cup will require rule changes on registration, cup tied, etc. I suspect  once the SPFL legal case is wrapped up they will invite all 4 clubs round the table to agree the rules, etc. Surely they won’t make the same mistakes as their colleagues along the corridor.

I can’t see any window (in 2020) beyond mid November unless

they are willing to give up two weekends to play the competition.

On 26/06/2020 at 19:11, davie1980 said:

In what way did my post mean it like that?

Think about what the poster said... we could have easily survived relegation?

Lets go back to November when we beat hibs for instance.. to make it simple.

Since then in ALL competitions we played 29 games.

In the league 24 games

In the cup 5 games.

In the league we won 3 games

And in the cup we won 4 games.

So how would we EASILY escape relegation?

We won more games in the Scottish cup and the league cup combined with games before in the earlier stage of the league cup than the league. 

So how can we say we could EASILY escape relegation?

I was one of the biggest defenders of the club when we were sitting even further back in the league through holding onto false hope but FFS take a reality check.

If the 11 players on the pitch at the time could only start showing up in cup competions and gaining wins then they should all hang their heads in shame because thats what has happened.

If we only decide to turn in top class perfomances against Rangers in the Scottish cup and in the league at home then what does it say about us as a club?

Would we have managed to get our fingers out and gain points on say St Mirren etc above us... maybe so but if you look at how we hd the opportunity v St Mirren after beating Rangers and then Hibs in the space of a few days then get back to our usual ways v Motherwell then against St Mirren.

Yes our performances picked up the last 7 games but lets be honest we were absolutely awful the season and stats don't lie. 

The squad we had with ability and players wise should easily have challenged for the top 5. 

On paper .. only paper we had easily the strongest squad bar The Old Firm and Aberdeen. 

But realistically bar say maybe 5 players they should have all been given the boot and that would have been a fair conviction to picking up a high wage through the season and being absolutely pants.

Sean Clare (And I am a massive critic of him) was one of our best players at the end of the season... and that sums up the whole squad.

Joel Perreria for instance came with a massive reputation and was decent at Man Utd... yet from what I seen at Tynecastle and on TV could easily be one of the worst high profile players Hearts have ever had yet they continued to play him? 

This is being extremely soft but this was a major fault with even keeping Levein on even MONTHS before the end of the season before.

Our whole club needs a major revamp.

Coaches, Medical... the list goes on.

Far FAR too many wage thiefs in every department employed by Budge.

Hopefully now things could look up.

Smoked-Glass
8 hours ago, Kearney13 said:

In the league 24 games

In the cup 5 games.

We won more games in the Scottish cup and the league cup combined with games before in the earlier stage of the league cup than the league. 

I was one of the biggest defenders of the club when we were sitting even further back in the league through holding onto false hope but FFS take a reality check.

If the 11 players on the pitch at the time could only start showing up in cup competions and gaining wins then they should all hang their heads in shame because thats what has happened.

If we only decide to turn in top class perfomances against Rangers in the Scottish cup and in the league at home then what does it say about us as a club?

Would we have managed to get our fingers out and gain points on say St Mirren etc above us... maybe so but if you look at how we hd the opportunity v St Mirren after beating Rangers and then Hibs in the space of a few days then get back to our usual ways v Motherwell then against St Mirren.

Yes our performances picked up the last 7 games but lets be honest we were absolutely awful the season and stats don't lie. 

The squad we had with ability and players wise should easily have challenged for the top 5. 

On paper .. only paper we had easily the strongest squad bar The Old Firm and Aberdeen. 

But realistically bar say maybe 5 players they should have all been given the boot and that would have been a fair conviction to picking up a high wage through the season and being absolutely pants.

Sean Clare (And I am a massive critic of him) was one of our best players at the end of the season... and that sums up the whole squad.

Joel Perreria for instance came with a massive reputation and was decent at Man Utd... yet from what I seen at Tynecastle and on TV could easily be one of the worst high profile players Hearts have ever had yet they continued to play him? 

This is being extremely soft but this was a major fault with even keeping Levein on even MONTHS before the end of the season before.

Did Joel perreria do well at man u??? 

10 hours ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Did Joel perreria do well at man u??? 

In the reserves games and for his country before he came to Hearts absolutely.

19 hours ago, Kearney13 said:

In the league 24 games

In the cup 5 games.

I know what the poster said, because I was that poster and it was me that said it.

And you took it out of context.

I didn't mean it would have been easy, or that we were favourites to do so or that I expected it to happen.

I meant it was entirely conceivable we could have survived and relegating a club 4 points behind with 8 games when it could have transpired that we would have survived.

Perhaps my choice of words could have been better but then I didn't expect to get into an argument with Leo bloody Tolstoy.

Smoked-Glass
2 hours ago, Kearney13 said:

In the reserves games and for his country before he came to Hearts absolutely.

Then suddenly his fingers turned to spaghetti??.  

Fkk k me levein's influence sure is strong 😩 and he never even played in goals. 

Edited by Smoked-Glass

4 hours ago, davie1980 said:

I know what the poster said, because I was that poster and it was me that said it.

And you took it out of context.

I didn't mean it would have been easy, or that we were favourites to do so or that I expected it to happen.

I meant it was entirely conceivable we could have survived and relegating a club 4 points behind with 8 games when it could have transpired that we would have survived.

Perhaps my choice of words could have been better but then I didn't expect to get into an argument with Leo bloody Tolstoy.

This isn't an arguement... It's an opinion...

1 hour ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Then suddenly his fingers turned to spaghetti??.  

Fkk k me levein's influence sure is strong 😩 and he never even played in goals. 

Go watch his games for United and highlights of saves and distribution. 

Leveins influience is strong? 

Take it you have only started supporting Hearts with such a head scratching opinon on him...

If Hibs go to the wall before then, will we go straight through to the final or will the SFA dream up some scenario to make us play some other club?

If the latter, will that other club be Rangers?

Smoked-Glass
1 hour ago, Kearney13 said:

Go watch his games for United and highlights of saves and distribution. 

Leveins influience is strong? 

Take it you have only started supporting Hearts with such a head scratching opinon on him...

It was a joke.. I liked leveins first time around with us

J.T.F.Robertson
43 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

If Hibs go to the wall before then, will we go straight through to the final or will the SFA dream up some scenario to make us play some other club?

If the latter, will that other club be Rangers?

Doug, you're a good lad, but ffs, stop giving them so much of your attention. They ain't going bust, a bit like Rangers aren't and we know how many posts are dedicated to that.

To return to the subject matter, I honestly wouldn't give that crowd of arseholes (SPFL/SFA, whoever) the pleasure after the way they've connived against us. They've ensured we'd already be so disadvantaged it would be criminal to play their "game".

Feck 'em! Let them give it to the ones who've been the instigators of this whole farce from the beginning.

I was pulled up by the wife for my "overuse" of the F word while in mixed company last Friday and discussing our "situation". :)

28 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Doug, you're a good lad, but ffs, stop giving them so much of your attention. They ain't going bust, a bit like Rangers aren't and we know how many posts are dedicated to that.

To return to the subject matter, I honestly wouldn't give that crowd of arseholes (SPFL/SFA, whoever) the pleasure after the way they've connived against us. They've ensured we'd already be so disadvantaged it would be criminal to play their "game".

Feck 'em! Let them give it to the ones who've been the instigators of this whole farce from the beginning.

I was pulled up by the wife for my "overuse" of the F word while in mixed company last Friday and discussing our "situation". :)

That aren't Rangers.  They've got a shifty owner.  They've got no money coming in for at least the month of July and they presumably will be ploughing through the ST money which has come in.  No other revenue though.

You're probably right.  They probably won't go bust but I live in hope that they do.  My disdain for them is far greater than my disdain for our so called football authorities. I couldn't get worked up over them if I tried.

J.T.F.Robertson
4 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

That aren't Rangers.  They've got a shifty owner.  They've got no money coming in for at least the month of July and they presumably will be ploughing through the ST money which has come in.  No other revenue though.

You're probably right.  They probably won't go bust but I live in hope that they do.  My disdain for them is far greater than my disdain for our so called football authorities. I couldn't get worked up over them if I tried.

At this moment in time my anger is directed towards our so-called authorities. Hibs are just being their normal, rented mule selves. Have they ever been anything else?

No wish to fall out about it.

2 hours ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

At this moment in time my anger is directed towards our so-called authorities. Hibs are just being their normal, rented mule selves. Have they ever been anything else?

No wish to fall out about it.

Absolutely.  If statues were raised tomorrow which were Hibs or SFA/ SPFL supremos related, I think the prospect of you and I racing to salute them is dramatically improbable.

complete control

Theres a tim in my work whos more excited aboot the cup getting restarted than the league. another trophy another treble he keeps saying...

Tokyo Drifter

If the semi wasn't against The Flumps I'd say boycott it. Why should the season be ended but the cup played out?

On 01/07/2020 at 09:48, complete control said:

Theres a tim in my work whos more excited aboot the cup getting restarted than the league. another trophy another treble he keeps saying...

Aye. Sound.

2 hours ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

If the semi wasn't against The Flumps I'd say boycott it. Why should the season be ended but the cup played out?

At the risk of stating the obvious, it was only the SPFL League season that was ended early. The SPFL have no ability to curtail the SFA's Scottish Cup competition, it's nothing to do with them. 

If the semi finals go ahead we should definitely take part; we're 2 games from winning an important trophy, and will receive much-needed income from it. We've had a lot of bad luck recently, but who knows, maybe Fortuna will smile on us and we'll end up with the cup back at Tynecastle. We're definitely due a break, there's no reason why we can't beat Hibs, so let's give it our best shot.

Cut The Crap

As a second tier side we’re not allowed to train so I’m not sure how we can be expected to play?

22games nro

just boycott the semi, they still have to give us 25% of the gate receipts for the 2 semi finals 👍

BCE3D6FD-ABF1-48C3-8983-07C8A534990D.jpeg

On 24/06/2020 at 19:42, Jamhammer said:

How can they make sure Celtic win the treble if it's not played?

It'll go ahead. No doubt

But they need a crowd SFA need their share of gate for use of Hampden as they are skint borrowed £6million from UEFA

Edited by Tynehead
error

Guest ToqueJambo
46 minutes ago, The Roller said:

Get it played and humiliate the *******s once more.

This. It's all set up for us to win against the odds. Very much a no-lose situation for us in the circumstances. It's basically a chance for a bonus hit at Hibs with a cup final the prize - a game we'll also go into as massive underdogs.

Neil Dongcaster

Was thinking about this fixture earlier on. It looks likely it will go ahead in November. It’s a tie that will define Robbie’s second term in charge IMO. 

If we win then everyone will be onside completely if we lose it will completely split our fan base. I understand how unfair that probably sounds given Hibs will undoubtably have advantages if we have to start in October but it is what it is.

Edited by Neil Dongcaster

Woe betide if they beat us then go on to win the cup again under Robbie.

That's why he got hounded out the first time around.

been here before
7 minutes ago, Koolkeith said:

I’m assuming Hibs new singings will be cup tied for the semi. Can’t be changing rules.

The rules were changed ages ago for this season only. Way before any signings were made by any team.

You can turn the paranoia down a notch.

6 minutes ago, Koolkeith said:

I’m assuming Hibs new singings will be cup tied for the semi. Can’t be changing rules.

Apparently not as the SFA can, and will, change any rule that comes up their humph.

Can't say it bothers me anyway. We'll have Craig Gordon available and any other signings we make. Even if we're Championship we'll have a team/squad capable of dealing with Lochend Louey and his pals. He, them and that shitehoose support are terrified of Hearts. 

Smoked-Glass

Get the game played especially if we are the underdogs.    Remember October 2013 league Cup quarter? 

Hibs mate of mine predicted a CRICKET SCORE before the game.   Well he was right....one over 😁

I’m still of the mind that if we don’t start till end of October then we should tell them to ram it.  The 3 other teams in semi will be basically mid season where as we will just have started. Before anyone says we can’t because it’s the SFA that run it, It’s a farce all for the benefit of Celtic and their media love in. Must be some way to put a spanner in the works given the season is over. 

4 hours ago, been here before said:

The rules were changed ages ago for this season only. Way before any signings were made by any team.

Where did you see this? First I’ve heard tbh 

4 hours ago, been here before said:

Apologies just seen it - you are correct 👍

hoofhearted

So as the SFA are now putting the boot in, does this mean we will be expelled from the 19/20 Scottish cup competition for not following the correct protocol and going to court. As far as I’m concerned now they can stick it up their ronson, the SFA did nothing about the SPFL debacle yet want to stamp their authority now, corrupt as lochend.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53405293

Clerry Jambo

Hearts fans won’t be going to that dump in numbers unfortunately, however we need to make a point feck the lot of them