semi final v hibs on 31/10 (updated)

Smoked-Glass

maroonedinoz

As far as I am aware the SFA, who own this competition, not the SPFL, have said that they DO want to finish it.

I guess we’ll know more when the fixtures are announced, which again as I understand it Is the first Friday in July...unless....

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Smoked-Glass

• Kiwidoug

• frankblack

• complete control

Unless we are reinstated to the Premiership, it's not the same competition. So cannot be played to a finish. 

buzzbomb1958
9 hours ago, superjack said:

I understand why folk think we shouldn't play or attend. However, a cup semi against the wee team (imagine they are hit with a signing ban due to admin). I dont think I could miss it.

Some people just don't get it they have royally fecked us over if the season is over ,they have already expelled us and now they want us to finish the cup while being handicapped they can shove it up their jacksy

Really can’t see how it can go ahead, so many players from all teams have been punted so it’s totally different squads. Sad to say it has to be binned.

highlandjambo3

From the SPFL perspective:

1. The season is finished, we need to call it as it stands, there will be no more football played, we’ve changed the rules to make this happen, Celtic are champions but, we will ensure that we look after the interests of all clubs or as many as we can. There will be expulsions (relegations) from all leagues though.

2.  Look, we’ve already said there will be no more football played but, there may be cup football played but that’s different right?  And no, we cannot change the rules to suit hearts.  Yes I know we did change the rules to expel them PT & S but we can’t change the rules twice though can we.
3.  No clubs will be punished because of this situation, well when we say no clubs we actually mean a few.

4.  Right let’s get the cup football played as Celtic need another treble.

5.  I know we called the season early and we know all the other euro leagues are playing again but we definitely made the right decision right?

What a *** Micky mouse shit storm.

Edited by highlandjambo3

10 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Sorry if this has already been addressed, but what happens to the 19-20 Cup winners europa league spot if the SC final is not played till later in the year (november?), presumably with the europa league qualifying rounds already having begun?

Europ league postponed? No spot awarded?

Understandably if Celtic were to win it, the spot would just roll over to 4th placed team in the league which is easy enough to figure out, but if a team currently without a spot were to somehow win it? 

I don't think they've given this much thought, or they've just considered it a foregone conclusion ie Celtic win.

A little confusing.

This is my problem too. They've already put the position into the league so Aberdeen have already gained. Meaning us or Hibs would lose out on it if one of us were to win it. Shambles that is.

OmiyaHearts
6 hours ago, queensferryjambo said:

If this game goes ahead serious question - anybody think we will get a fair game?

Aside from unfairness of not being match fit and Hibs having been playing back in the league potentially for a couple of months from us. 

I am talking match officials. Lets face it we are far from popular at the moment and I am sure our popularity runs through our already West Coast biased referees.

On a side note and I am sure this has been well discussed, Kevin Clancy SPFL referee is also a Senior Associate at Law Firm Shepherd & Wedderburn. They are currently the law firm opposing Hearts and Partick in the SPFL law case.

You couldn't make this shit up.....................

If you know any refs, you'll know they don't have much love for the SFA. I doubt they'll openly give decisions against us because were not popular with the SPFL.

OmiyaHearts
1 hour ago, highlandjambo3 said:

From the SPFL perspective:

1. The season is finished, we need to call it as it stands, there will be no more football played, we’ve changed the rules to make this happen, Celtic are champions but, we will ensure that we look after the interests of all clubs or as many as we can. There will be expulsions (relegations) from all leagues though.

2.  Look, we’ve already said there will be no more football played but, there may be cup football played but that’s different right?  And no, we cannot change the rules to suit hearts.  Yes I know we did change the rules to expel them PT & S but we can’t change the rules twice though can we.
3.  No clubs will be punished because of this situation, well when we say no clubs we actually mean a few.

4.  Right let’s get the cup football played as Celtic need another treble.

5.  I know we called the season early and we know all the other euro leagues are playing again but we definitely made the right decision right?

What a *** Micky mouse shit storm.

The SPFL don't run the scottish cup.

Harry Potter
13 hours ago, SUTOL said:

Could have a vote to change the rules. 

What could go wrong? 

🤠

What rules, it is all made up as we go along., run by clowns.

th (4).jpg

The Old Tolbooth

If we pull out of the semi, they'll probably ban us for at least a season from entering the cup again, such is their pettiness. 

8 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Thanks. Makes sense I suppose.

Guess the cup winners will have to just make do with a lousy cup.

Would be enough for me, PH. 🏆🍻👍

15 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

If we pull out of the semi, they'll probably ban us for at least a season from entering the cup again, such is their pettiness. 

Definitely.  Don't think you even have to be paranoid to think that.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
19 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Firmly believe, regardless of division, we will have a stronger team than them for this. I was all against previously, getting back on board now it can be played without us being disadvantaged

The Old Tolbooth
2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Firmly believe, regardless of division, we will have a stronger team than them for this. I was all against previously, getting back on board now it can be played without us being disadvantaged

The state the Dingles are in, I tend to agree with that too mate, they're in a huge mess and I wouldn't be shocked if they passed us on the way down when we come back up. 

Has to be at Murrayfield with 20k socially distancing, not allowed to travel more than 5 miles for leisure per Scroogeon.

3 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Has to be at Murrayfield with 20k socially distancing, not allowed to travel more than 5 miles for leisure per Scroogeon

Do you ever watch the news?

Edited by lou

Since everyone seems to be able to make things up as we go along - I'm on the understanding the games will possibly commence after some sort of transfer window?? Would it be possible to sign exceptional players for 2 cup games from another league if the other league is over or finished? This of course would apply to all teams in the cup competition - also I'm sure that in past the championship , which we might be part of when the cup games go ahead, there are more- shall we say - generous rules for signing loan players. Could be far fetched and barking up the wrong tree , but who knows in this football backwater. Not saying any of this is true but does anyone have a clue?

King Of The Cat Cafe
5 hours ago, Locky said:

This is my problem too. They've already put the position into the league so Aberdeen have already gained. Meaning us or Hibs would lose out on it if one of us were to win it. Shambles that is.

Who took that decision?

Was it a vote among clubs, or an executive decision by a SPFL and/or SFA board?

You all know where I am going on this...

Edited by King Of The Cat Cafe

17 hours ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Bad attitude. 

Pump the wee team and raise money.   Anyone not wanting this game to go ahead is mad. 

Mad?

Perhaps some are mad that they could declare the season finished, to our detriment.

Yet they can find a way to play the cup competition.

And it's no coincidence that they can hand Celtic a league title due to their position after 30 games but can't hand them a cup when their's 4 teams left in it.

I'd love to win a cup and would love to cuff Hibs on the way there but I seriously grudge playing another fixture, in this season which is supposedly finished and sees us relegated from a league we could quite easily have survived relegation from.

7 minutes ago, davie1980 said:

Mad?

Perhaps some are mad that they could declare the season finished, to our detriment.

And it's no coincidence that they can hand Celtic a league title due to their position after 30 games but can't hand them a cup when their's 4 teams left in it.

I'd love to win a cup and would love to cuff Hibs on the way there but I seriously grudge playing another fixture, in this season which is supposedly finished and sees us relegated from a league we could quite easily have survived relegation from.

I'm with you Davie.

If they insist that its to be played we should take kick off and then walk off the pitch.

**** them.

I think we should be playing the league to a finish so I can’t sit here and say I think the cup should be cancelled.

we are in a semi final against Hibs ffs.

Castle rock

How will it work for players who move between the semi finalists? 

Will that boy that moved to the sheep from sellick be cup tied? 

51 minutes ago, cubanjambo said:

Since everyone seems to be able to make things up as we go along - I'm on the understanding the games will possibly commence after some sort of transfer window?? Would it be possible to sign exceptional players for 2 cup games from another league if the other league is over or finished? This of course would apply to all teams in the cup competition - also I'm sure that in past the championship , which we might be part of when the cup games go ahead, there are more- shall we say - generous rules for signing loan players. Could be far fetched and barking up the wrong tree , but who knows in this football backwater. Not saying any of this is true but does anyone have a clue?

I’m guessing your post is a wee bit tongue in cheek but you make a valid point.

Its often overlooked that due to being in a lower division our friends from the east got a special loan in order to bring a keeper in for the cup semi-final in 2016 after their first choice had picked up two bookings for time wasting in earlier rounds. It was their own fault and they already had enough goalies on their books but of their top two, one was shite and the other was 18. 
He was shite as well but Marshmallowman Logan had the game of his life against Dundee Utd although the fact he went down in instalments kept them in the Championship for another year when Falkirk pumped them. 

On topic, I couldn’t care less what happens with the SC as I believe it’s unlikely any of us will see it live. 

12 hours ago, queensferryjambo said:

If this game goes ahead serious question - anybody think we will get a fair game?

Aside from unfairness of not being match fit and Hibs having been playing back in the league potentially for a couple of months from us. 

I am talking match officials. Lets face it we are far from popular at the moment and I am sure our popularity runs through our already West Coast biased referees.

On a side note and I am sure this has been well discussed, Kevin Clancy SPFL referee is also a Senior Associate at Law Firm Shepherd & Wedderburn. They are currently the law firm opposing Hearts and Partick in the SPFL law case.

You couldn't make this shit up.....................

Going back to the Romanov years the SFA already had the refs sorted regarding Hearts. Make sure they have more booked and sent off than any other team. They wanted his media outbursts silenced for fear they were about to be exposed for the tin-pot organisation they are. They felt threatened by him. No coincidence we had the worst disciplinary record three years in a row. Sendings off and bookings were farcical.  Now that this court stuff is hanging about you can be sure that once it's over, win or lose the refs will have been told to clamp down on Hearts once again. Unfortunately there's no-one in the media with the balls to upset the applecart. They  all talk the talk but aren't brave enough to walk the walk. As for the game itself, they can ram it right up their farters.

complete control
2 hours ago, davie1980 said:

Mad?

Totally agree with you 

2 hours ago, Shanks said:

I think we should be playing the league to a finish so I can’t sit here and say I think the cup should be cancelled.

we are in a semi final against Hibs ffs.

So do a lot of fans.

It's exactly because the governing bodies in charge of football won't give us the chance to try and stay up that people think we should just say "**** the cup!"

You're point is basically that you'd feel a hypocrite making one argument for the league and another for the cup?

Well that is exactly what Scottish football has done, it's insisted we stop the league (handing Celtic the title and unfairly relegating us) but insisting we complete the SC (giving Celtic the chance to complete the treble and expecting us to play on when we couldn't to try and avoid the drop)

43 minutes ago, davie1980 said:

So do a lot of fans.

It's exactly because the governing bodies in charge of football won't give us the chance to try and stay up that people think we should just say "**** the cup!"

You're point is basically that you'd feel a hypocrite making one argument for the league and another for the cup?

Well that is exactly what Scottish football has done, it's insisted we stop the league (handing Celtic the title and unfairly relegating us) but insisting we complete the SC (giving Celtic the chance to complete the treble and expecting us to play on when we couldn't to try and avoid the drop)

Bang on. I see no point in playing a semi final a season after it was due to be played with different squads, potentially a division down and a later start in training , games etc. All whilst they cancelled the league and have tried their best to flush us down the toilet. 
honestly don’t understand why anyone would give a fek about it.

just send out a B team and take the cut in pulled gates (With hopefully zero hearts fans attending). 
I am fully aware that the SFA is different from the SPFL but look at the SFAs recent comments about the leagues (that compliance officer bird and now Steve Clarke). They are complicit in this charade.

1 hour ago, davie1980 said:

So do a lot of fans.

I get that, just the way I see it is that it’s not just an opportunity for Celtic to win the treble - it’s a chance for us to win the cup as well. 

Two games away from lifting the Scottish cup is not something I would just want ended.  Anything can happen in one off games and I would fancy our chances against a weakened hibs and then Celtic (or Aberdeen) 

I get that we are all raging about the league situation and that’s a separate issue for me.  Why would cancelling the cup be a good thing as well? 

Smoked-Glass
9 hours ago, davie1980 said:

Mad?

Mad not to play a semi

SFA to expel us for being such a bad club or they will set it for Sept before we have even got back to training for the start of the Championship season 

davemclaren

Far more reason to boycott the league. If we have enough preparation time we should play it. Trophy at stake. 

On 24/06/2020 at 19:34, Des Lynam said:

End the league. Play the cup. 

**** off SPFL and the SFA. 

My thoughts exactly. 

But we all know they will make sure celtic have every opportunity to win the treble treble... 

complete control
3 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Far more reason to boycott the league. If we have enough preparation time we should play it. Trophy at 

11 hours ago, Shanks said:

I get that, just the way I see it is that it’s not just an opportunity for Celtic to win the treble - it’s a chance for us to win the cup as well. 

Two games away from lifting the Scottish cup is not something I would just want ended.  Anything can happen in one off games and I would fancy our chances against a weakened hibs and then Celtic (or Aberdeen) 

I get that we are all raging about the league situation and that’s a separate issue for me.  Why would cancelling the cup be a good thing as well? 

Why do you fancy our chances against Celtic  ?

LarrysRightFoot

If they do play it and we are in the Championship, reasonably it would need to wait until November to allow us to play a few games first. 

With the League Cup, international’s etc all delayed there’s going to be a fixture pile up around that time. I’d be surprised if it can be fitted in.

If our expulsion is reversed, I’ll go. If not, they can ram the cup up their shitebox. 

They should just give it to Celtic though, after all they’ve done for the game during this difficult time. Seems the fairest way. 

5 hours ago, complete control said:

Why do you fancy our chances against Celtic  ?

Well we done alright against them in the last cup final?  Our players are on big long term contracts that they won’t get at any other club so I don’t think many of them will be leaving.  So I can’t see why we couldn’t  beat them.

just don’t understand why folk are willing to throw away the chance of two wins = Scottish cup. 

22 hours ago, davie1980 said:

Mad?

We could have easily surived relegation easily from the league?

Are you daft?

I think this might end up being cancelled with Blair now mentioning fixture congestion for the leage they will say it cant be fitted in and leave the space blank.

Bit of a win/win.  If it goes ahead, should mean a lot of money for us at a time when it's desperately needed.  If it doesn't though, a financial lifeline for our neighbours goes right oot the windae.

Smoked-Glass

Maybe am in minority but I want big games..big game junkie is me.   Everytime there is a cup draw I want us to draw hibs if possible.   I was pleased hibs went down in 2014 with us, and happy they came up in 2017. 

Everytime the world Cup or euro qualifiers are drawn I want Scotland to draw England.     Fa Cup draw I want to see Liverpool v Everton or Newcastle v Sunderland straight off the bat. 

Just the kind of fan I am.    So not playing our semi seems to be wrong for me. 

Edited by Smoked-Glass

Imagine refusing to play, giving Hibs a bye and over £450,000 win or lose

What kind of Hearts fan are you ?...not one who seems to be using common sense should you think the above is the correct decision

Nookie Bear
43 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Imagine refusing to play, giving Hibs a bye and over £450,000 win or lose

What kind of Hearts fan are you ?...not one who seems to be using common sense should you think the above is the correct decision

Imagine shutting down a league early and then having the brass neck  asking us to turn up for a cup match from that same season , just so one team can get their treble. 

And don’t bother saying it’s the SFA and not the SPFL - they are the same, rancid, thing. 

2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Imagine shutting down a league early and then having the brass neck  asking us to turn up for a cup match from that same season , just so one team can get their treble. 

And don’t bother saying it’s the SFA and not the SPFL - they are the same, rancid, thing. 

imagine giving your city rivals who have financial issues over £450,000 and some...some people might think it calls into question the posters credentials as a Hearts fan

Or if you prefer why would you give up a good chance to earn up to £1million for your club

I'm sure there is a reason for this but none come to mind

Nookie Bear
4 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

imagine giving your city rivals who have financial issues over £450,000 and some...some people might think it calls into question the posters credentials as a Hearts fan

Or if you prefer why would you give up a good chance to earn up to £1million for your club

I'm sure there is a reason for this but none come to mind

This is all theoretical because, if we are asked to play, we will play. 

My attitude towards it changes on a daily basis and my current status is: turn up, be as exuberant as we like, kick hibs off the pitch, win the match and make our feelings generally known. 😁