Life's Challenges.

Sharpie

132goals1958
2 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

So sorry to hear this bob and 132goals 1958. It’s coming up a year since my fiancé died, and it would have been her 32nd birthday this Friday.

stay strong , and the very best to you both. 

That is far too young. Life can be so cruel,  best wishes to you.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sharpie

• davemclaren

• Morgan

• J.T.F.Robertson

2 hours ago, Irufushi said:

So sorry to hear this bob and 132goals 1958. It’s coming up a year since my fiancé died, and it would have been her 32nd birthday this Friday.

A year?

FFS, I remember that post of yours like it was yesterday.

:sad: 

On 07/07/2020 at 02:06, Sharpie said:

Was in the hospital today. Spoke to the Neurologist. He explained that there was a four centimetre tumour on the right front of Esthers brain. Surgery, followed by. chemo and radiation would be included, he cautioned that the surgery could lead to death on the table during this difficult procedure. More talk followed, the bottom line being at our age there was no guarantee of success with any treatment. Esther asked if she could go home, the surgeon said that was an option, with care and some medication about two months would be the length of survival.

We then spoke to another doctor who would admit Esther into Palliative care which would be conducted at home, there would be a nurse who would conduct daily visits, and other support persons. I was told privately that it was not unusual for persons in Esthers condition to slip away at any time.

I am just thankful that I will have her at home, sixty two and a half years creates a bond, when the time comes the two of us will meet up again and will rejoin with our daughter Deborah.

I cannot express the appreciation I have for the support you guys have given me, I apologise to anyone who finds this depressing but as I have said I am sort of isolated here, and nothing like a good Scots ear to cry into.

I'm very sorry for your troubles Bob.

Unknown user
On 07/07/2020 at 02:06, Sharpie said:

Was in the hospital today. Spoke to the Neurologist. He explained that there was a four centimetre tumour on the right front of Esthers brain. Surgery, followed by. chemo and radiation would be included, he cautioned that the surgery could lead to death on the table during this difficult procedure. More talk followed, the bottom line being at our age there was no guarantee of success with any treatment. Esther asked if she could go home, the surgeon said that was an option, with care and some medication about two months would be the length of survival.

We then spoke to another doctor who would admit Esther into Palliative care which would be conducted at home, there would be a nurse who would conduct daily visits, and other support persons. I was told privately that it was not unusual for persons in Esthers condition to slip away at any time.

I am just thankful that I will have her at home, sixty two and a half years creates a bond, when the time comes the two of us will meet up again and will rejoin with our daughter Deborah.

I cannot express the appreciation I have for the support you guys have given me, I apologise to anyone who finds this depressing but as I have said I am sort of isolated here, and nothing like a good Scots ear to cry into.

Hi Bob, strength to your elbow friend, peace and love to you both, and to 132 goals.

Unknown user
7 hours ago, Irufushi said:

You too, the anniversaries are tough, especially the first ones, power to you

coconut doug

Bob - From all the stories and contributions on here i have learned to appreciate your honesty and wisdom. I can only offer my best wishes and hope that things turn out as well as is possible.