Beast Boy

Always been a fan since ‘Hit’ by The Sugar Cubes.

Definite musical Marmite, I reckon. I absolutely love a lot of her stuff over the years.

Tin-hat well and truly secured. I await the onslaught! 😀

🐧 💋  (😉)

Aye, but there were no "minorities" in the Sugarcubes so they and her are obviously racist so I'll never listen to her.

Just now, Dawnrazor said:

Aye, but there were no "minorities" in the Sugarcubes so they and her are obviously racist so I'll never listen to her.

I hate how often I’m accidentally exposed as a racist.

:sob:

4 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

:wow:

783341A2-8CB4-4450-84C9-293300F761AD.jpeg

Have a look at what she did to that reporter. Pity the reporter was Amanda Nunes

Just now, Special Officer Doofy said:

I hate how often I’m accidentally exposed as a racist.

:sob:

You need to concentrate harder when posting.

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

Have a look at what she did to that reporter. Pity the reporter was Amanda Nunes

I will. Blissfully unaware of what you are referring to, but I do remember her lashing out at her at an airport.

Maaaaaaaaan... I just like her music, tbh. I also like that she’s in to trying to save the environment, but I was hoping to keep politics out of it.

Anyway, I’ll have a wee look at the “evil witch” stuff and come back on to accept my penance in a few minutes... :( 

I saw the Sugarcubes, I think in The Venue, but may have been Tbe Studios, a bit to "indie" fir me but good and distinctive. I'd appreciate them more now I think I was just too Punk/Goth/Metal at the time.

Just now, Cade said:

A weird and wonderful musician who has inspired countless others in various genres.

The Icelandic Kate Bush.

Yep, pretty fair assessment. 

13 minutes ago, Cade said:

A weird and wonderful musician who has inspired countless others in various genres.

The Icelandic Kate Bush.

Coincidentally I absolutely adore Kate Bush (as a musician). ❤️ KTB

18 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

I saw the Sugarcubes, I think in The Venue, but may have been Tbe Studios, a bit to "indie" fir me but good and distinctive. I'd appreciate them more now I think I was just too Punk/Goth/Metal at the time.

Would have loved to have seen them. Would have loved to have seen her in concert when ‘Debut’ was out too. Only seen Björk once, at a Greenpeace gig in the concert hall in Reykjavik. 

3 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Always been a fan since ‘Hit’ by The Sugar Cubes.

Definite musical Marmite, I reckon. I absolutely love a lot of her stuff over the years.

Tin-hat well and truly secured. I await the onslaught! 😀

🐧 💋  (😉)

Debut, Post, Homogenic, Vespertine, Medulla, Volta are all excellent albums. My favourite artist without doubt.

7 minutes ago, dicksojo said:

Debut, Post, Homogenic, Vespertine, Medulla, Volta are all excellent albums. My favourite artist without doubt.

❤️

I thought this was a thread about Brant Bjork, if it had of been I would agree. 

Not really heard much of Bjorks music tbh. 

26 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I didn't know she had done more than that shoosh pish.

39 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

11 minutes ago, graygo said:

Philistines, man. 

33 minutes ago, graygo said:

I think she's quite a respected artist. What genre is she, avant garde or something 🤷At least she's original tbf. 

19 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Philistines, man. 

:laugh:

Unknown user

I love her, I love any artist who's weird and doing things I'd never dream of, she's an utter force of nature.

I don't personally like her music much but I love that she exists and is doing it, people like wee Björk are invaluable to the human race.

She may be a prick on a personal level, I don't know her, but we need more Björks IMO.

12 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I love her, I love any artist who's weird and doing things I'd never dream of, she's an utter force of nature.

I don't personally like her music much but I love that she exists and is doing it, people like wee Björk are invaluable to the human race.

She may be a prick on a personal level, I don't know her, but we need more Björks IMO.

:wub:

Some of the stuff she did with Nellee Hooper and Tricky  was absolutely huge. 

And in terms of her being “an evil wee bitch” was this the case when an obsessed fan sent her a letter bomb and killed himself so they could be together in heaven yet she sent flowers and wrote to his family sending commiserations?  

All roads lead to Gorgie

Iceland has not only given us Bjork but Sigur Ros as well, one of the most unique and epic sounding bands you are likely to hear anywhere!

I wish they didn't give us that thunder clap thing though or was that Murderwell's fault 🙄

22 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Iceland has not only given us Bjork but Sigur Ros as well, one of the most unique and epic sounding bands you are likely to hear anywhere!

I wish they didn't give us that thunder clap thing though or was that Murderwell's fault 🙄

Of Monsters and Men too. :thumbsup:

All roads lead to Gorgie
11 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Of Monsters and Men too. :thumbsup:

I don't really know them too well but I had a look and the girl in the band looks and sounds a bit like Bjork :thumbsup:

Another interesting band from the far north!

Georgecowie
7 hours ago, dicksojo said:

Welcome to kickback dicksojo. As debut posts go a good one, but the grammar police will be all over your absurdly excessive commaing. 

54 minutes ago, Georgecowie said:

Welcome to kickback dicksojo. As debut posts go a good one, but the grammar police will be all over your absurdly excessive commaing. 

I see crisp assertive use of commas.  No complaint from me. 

3 hours ago, Georgecowie said:

Hahaha, well done.

15 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Would have loved to have seen them. Would have loved to have seen her in concert when ‘Debut’ was out too. Only seen Björk once, at a Greenpeace gig in the concert hall in Reykjavik. 

I saw Bjork at Rockwerchter about 15 years ago, maybe less. 

Same bill as Metallica & Radiohead. 

Incredible performer and musician.