We are finally acting like a big club

Neil Dongcaster

Neil Dongcaster

Really delighted we are starting to throw our weight about in Scottish football. 

We went through a period of meekness and it seems through the reconstruction talks Ann has grasped, or at least public started to acknowledge what snake oil merchants and bowling club committees we have that running our game.

I suspect a sizeable chunk of clubs expected us to bottle court action and I’m delighted Ann has gone for it.

I want us to continue to rifle the other clubs pockets for us much money and for the best players, coaches and youth we can get out of them.

If self interest is to rule then we have far more to gain than 40 out of the 42 clubs in Scotland.

I look forward to the next 5 years when we start spending 20 million plus on our first team rather than our infrastructure.

**** them all.

Edited by Neil Dongcaster

2 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

Really delighted we are starting to throw our weight about in Scottish football. 

We went through a period of meekness and it seems through the reconstruction talks Ann has grasped, or at least public started to acknowledge what snake oil merchants and bowling club committees we have that running our game.

I suspect a sizeable chunk of clubs expected us to bottle court action and I’m delighted Ann has gone for it.

I want us to continue to rifle the other clubs pockets for us much money and for the best players, coaches and youth we can get out of them.

If self interest is to rule then we have far more to gain than 40 out of the 42 clubs in Scotland.

I look forward to the next 5 years when we start spending 20 million plus on our first team rather than our infrastructure.

**** them all.

Also worth bearing in mind that we are only in such a decent financial position of strength, because of Ann’s moral values and commitment to doing things the right way. Had we not done things the way Ann has, then we would not be in as a strong position as we are.

There is a balance to be found. I don’t see us becoming vindictive and malevolent. I think we will definitely fight to defend ourselves with everything we have at our disposal however, and that in itself seems to have taken a lot of people in Scottish Football by surprise. Clearly we are not a club to be trifled with unless it can’t be avoided.

WorldChampions1902

One thing’s for sure, no matter what the outcome of this debacle is, the vested interests and corrupt football establishment will think twice about ever pulling a fast one with us, ever again.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I'm with Doofy. 

It needs to be managed,  but for sure we have been too sensitive to others 

Jingle Bells

The Club should never have been put in a position, through poor football decision making,  where we are at the mercy of the lowlife scum who run Scottish Football , in the first place.

Hopefully a football savvy CEO is appointed soon to prevent a repeat, leaving Budge to do what she is good at.

ToadKiller Dog

Not a big club in the bully sense  but a decent club .

rare in Scottish football .

Yes we have shown we will stand up for ourselves when needed but we also tried harder than anybody to come to a compromise. 

The ugly sisters and others will now calculate that when dealing with us .

We under Ann Budge have acted in a way the Ugly sisters in their paranoid need to keep a grip on power never would have .

I think we act more in the way that a bigger club in Germany performs and fan ownership has achieved that, its encouraged our wealthier supporters to take and active backing in our club with out seeking reward .

Nothing wrong with a bigger club taking somebody from a smaller one as long as its at a fair price ,its accepted most leagues .

Not ready to be fully smug yet as the on the pitch side of things needs sorted .

But a lot to be proud of in our club .

No matter what other folk think or that prat with the phoodle posters. 

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

Well we are Edinburgh’s establishment club. It’s really no surprise we have some wealthy powerful people supporting us.

I think the whole of scottish football has learned this week that we’re not to be ****ed with.

The Treasurer
2 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Also worth bearing in mind that we are only in such a decent financial position of strength, because of Ann’s moral values and commitment to doing things the right way. Had we not done things the way Ann has, then we would not be in as a strong position as we are.

There is a balance to be found. I don’t see us becoming vindictive and malevolent. I think we will definitely fight to defend ourselves with everything we have at our disposal however, and that in itself seems to have taken a lot of people in Scottish Football by surprise. Clearly we are not a club to be trifled with unless it can’t be avoided.

Standing up for ourselves is not the same as acting like a playground bully.

I never want us to be a soft touch but I'd never want to see us behaving like the bigot twins do either

Just now, The Treasurer said:

Standing up for ourselves is not the same as acting like a playground bully.

I never want us to be a soft touch but I'd never want to see us behaving like the bigot twins do either

Yes, that’s what I was trying to say.

Ex member of the SaS
2 hours ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

**** them all.

TBF we have well over spent on the stand. Money that Levein would have wasted anyway right enough. Once we are back and the cash from FoH rolls in we should be challenging Sevco ( if they are still here ) and Celtic, with said budget.

Selkirkhmfc1874

Good that Mrs Budge is fighting our corner and coming out of this and for the future a hope there's not anymore cosying up with clubs especially that mob across the city 

16 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

TBF we have well over spent on the stand. Money that Levein would have wasted anyway right enough. Once we are back and the cash from FoH rolls in we should be challenging Sevco ( if they are still here ) and Celtic, with said budget.

don't disagree we've overspent on the stand - but don't all building projects overspend? - I've yet to pay a builder either the exact quote or less for larger work (e.g. extensions) done at various houses I've lived in.

The main stand will be around in it's current guise for years. Hopefully, it'll continue to generate funds for the club for many years to come.  

9 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Good that Mrs Budge is fighting our corner and coming out of this and for the future a hope there's not anymore cosying up with clubs especially that mob across the city 

I think the next Hearts official to cosy up to those onanists will feel the wrath of an unhappy Hearts support and no mistake!

17 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

The stand costs overran. Nobody could reasonably deny that. The money that went in to it, wasn’t going to be spent on the squad, if it wasn’t needed though. Once the stadium is 100% finished, it will generate a shit-tonne of cash for us, and it will have been completed without running up a huge debt to the club. 

1 minute ago, Pans Jambo said:

I think the next Hearts official to cosy up to those onanists will feel the wrath of an unhappy Hearts support and no mistake!

I’d be okay with us issuing a statement for Hibs to “cuddle our cocks”. Cosy and to the point.

1 minute ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

The stand costs overran. Nobody could reasonably deny that. The money that went in to it, wasn’t going to be spent on the squad, if it wasn’t needed though. Once the stadium is 100% finished, it will generate a shit-tonne of cash for us, and it will have been completed without running up a huge debt to the club. 

more articulately put than me :)

Just now, Special Officer Doofy said:

I’d be okay with us issuing a statement for Hibs to “cuddle our cocks”. Cosy and to the point.

I'm all good with that Doofy :laugh:

Bazzas right boot
38 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Rangers spent around £25m on wages last few seasons, we spent £6m last season.  It's a big gap. 

They might be catchable if they hit financial trouble and I agree they should be our longer term goal, but we have more immediate concerns right now. 

The last time we finished above them was under Robbie! 

Edited by Smith's right boot

heartandsoul
1 hour ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

Well we are Edinburgh’s establishment club. It’s really no surprise we have some wealthy powerful people supporting us.

I think the whole of scottish football has learned this week that we’re not to be ****ed with.

Excellent post

5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Rangers spent around £25m on wages last few seasons, we spent £6m last season.  It's a big gap. 

They might be catchable if they hit financial trouble and I agree they should be our longer term goal, but we have more immediate concerns right now. 

The last time we finished above them was under Robbie! 

The huns could hit the rocks though.  They have debts to pay, and there are still outstanding legal cases to be settled, most notably Sports Direct.  Their wage bill is unsustainable and they really need to get a big fee for Morelos to bring in much needed cash, but unfortunately for them, it's a buyers market just now.

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, RobNox said:

The huns could hit the rocks though.  They have debts to pay, and there are still outstanding legal cases to be settled, most notably Sports Direct.  Their wage bill is unsustainable and they really need to get a big fee for Morelos to bring in much needed cash, but unfortunately for them, it's a buyers market just now.

We should buy Morelos once we win our court case. 

£4m

Hectormasson
6 hours ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

Don't mess with the jamtarts ! " or you will meet a sticky end !!! 🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦☝️

Heart of Midlothian and Rangers are the only clubs in Scotland that matter. The rest are either diddy or belong over the Irish sea

13 minutes ago, RudiIsGod said:

Heart of Midlothian and Rangers are the only clubs in Scotland that matter. The rest are either diddy or belong over the Irish sea

Yawn, Hearts matter , phukk the rest regardless of race/religion or colour, it’s an age thing that you will understand on growing up

The benefit of a healthy financial position and - being realistic - the vital safety net of a generous benefactor certainly helps. I'm delighted that we're sticking to our guns and pursuing a more fair outcome but when this is a route you can only really afford to pursue with some serious £ backing, it's an extra damning indictment of the way the game runs. Most clubs couldn't afford to stick up for themselves like this and maybe wouldn't have done, if they'd ended up in our position. 

I wonder if that explains some of the shock and obvious resent that followed our decision to go to court. A sort of "you're not OF, who do you think you are" type of thing. Plus, as we've heard a million times in various different ways, we appear not to have gone crawling or begging for votes in the manner they seem to have wanted us to. Well, stuff that and stuff your weird, mouldy, blazer-crew etiquette up your bums too.

47 minutes ago, RudiIsGod said:

🐩

9 hours ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

**** them all.

Sorry but that sounds like you're someone who does sign-writing for the sides of Tory Party buses.

9 hours ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

started to acknowledge what snake oil merchants and bowling club committees we have that running our game.

Superb stuff. 😂😂

58 minutes ago, RudiIsGod said:

Rangers?

Matter?

Only clubs?

The Irish Sea?

:wtfvlad:

Neil Dongcaster
3 minutes ago, JohnB said:

Sorry but that sounds like you're someone who does sign-writing for the sides of Tory Party buses.

Far from. Infrastructure is incredibly important, just a tad boring compared to Alice band wearing Brazilian strikers.

1 hour ago, RudiIsGod said:

:wtf:

Whit???

Talk us through it. It'll be fun...

:cornette_dog:

I try not to be rude...but take that attitude and **** off.

Weakened Offender
7 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

👋

Georgecowie
5 hours ago, RudiIsGod said:

I've always like Queen's Park. Anyone know how they voted?

Dallas Green

Rangers are a despicable institution.

Heart of Midlothian are the only club that matter.

**** Rangers. Rather get Hibs tattooed on my forehead than even try on a Rangers shirt for a bet. 

Absolute scum club that ****ed Scottish Football for years - and I have honestly never met a decent Rangers fan in my life in regards to their views on football.

If we had been on top of the league and hibs bottom, I still wouldn't have condoned what this SPFL bunch of donkeys did. 

The obvious solution was to pay out as much money as possible, as soon as possible, to the clubs.  Instead they used it as a threat.  They should have advised clubs to tighten their belts and take advantage of any govt assistance available.

Finally, they should have been looking at how and when the league could be concluded.  Instead we have tainted titles and tainted relegations.  Surely the court can only find that Hearts and Partick weren't relegated for the simple reason that they weren't.  Doesn't matter what other clubs say, individually or collectively.

So I agree with the OP.  We are standing up to them.  We are seeking justice.

So we should be.

Unknown user
6 hours ago, RudiIsGod said:

**** yer the rangers

22 hours ago, Jingle Bells said:

The Club should never have been put in a position, through poor football decision making,  where we are at the mercy of the lowlife scum who run Scottish Football , in the first place.

Hopefully a football savvy CEO is appointed soon to prevent a repeat, leaving Budge to do what she is good at.

There is always some way that the status quo will be maintained - if it is not the referees' bias; SFA compliance officer's inconsistency; Fines for speaking out; Media unsettling teams playing well with rumours; OF breaking up successful teams that get too close then there is always the voting system to fall back upon...and inconsistent practice of secret or public balloting

Now we just need to find out if the rules have been set up so the courts will stay out of it too...

I'm still hoping we get kicked out the league and can go to English football - Sure they'd like the kudos of the Scottish capital's team joining where the Welsh capital's team already plays...

Edited by Spellczech

6 hours ago, RudiIsGod said:

Why do Rangers2012 matter!? As far as i'm concerned they can get tae! No other club matters, only Hearts. Rangers will happily rip Hearts to pieces the same as Celtic would without a backward glance. Anyone who has a soft spot for either of those two bigoted institutions needs to have a serious word with themselves.

Old Firm….ruining Scottish football since 1986

pettigrewsstylist

We can never realise our true potential,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,till all 4 corners are filled in.

Just now, Spellczech said:

There is always some way that the status quo will be maintained - if it is not the referees' bias; SFA compliance officer's inconsistency; Fines for speaking out; Media unsettling teams playing well with rumours; OF breaking up successful teams that get too close then there is always the voting system to fall back upon...and inconsistent practice of secret or public balloting

Now we just need to find out if the rules have been set up so the courts will stay out of it too...

I'm still hoping we get kicked out the league and can go to English football - Sure they'd like the kudos of the Scottish capital's team joining where the Welsh capital's team already plays...

There's no way we'd be allowed to join the English League. Firstly it would have to get passed by their Associations and secondly, voting would have to take place and let's be honest here, there are lots of big clubs down there that play out-with the Premier League. I very much doubt the likes of Sunderland, Middlesbrough, Sheffield Weds, Notts Forrest, West Brom, Birmingham and plenty others would want to vote in Hearts when they themselves want their share of big money trying to get into the Premier, never mind the rest of them with similar-sized supports as Hearts. It's a fantasy. It would actually be more realistic to be part of a breakaway European league with other clubs who feel they have been mis-treated by their own Associations.

Has anyone found out whether or not Rangers matter to us? 

I need to know...

🤪

Fitba' broke my Heart
1 hour ago, jambonian said:

There's no way we'd be allowed to join the English League.

The Northern Premier League might, and I'd rather be there than stay with the current SPFL. 🍆's the lot of them.

Good away days too.

1 hour ago, jambonian said:

There's no way we'd be allowed to join the English League. Firstly it would have to get passed by their Associations and secondly, voting would have to take place and let's be honest here, there are lots of big clubs down there that play out-with the Premier League. I very much doubt the likes of Sunderland, Middlesbrough, Sheffield Weds, Notts Forrest, West Brom, Birmingham and plenty others would want to vote in Hearts when they themselves want their share of big money trying to get into the Premier, never mind the rest of them with similar-sized supports as Hearts. It's a fantasy. It would actually be more realistic to be part of a breakaway European league with other clubs who feel they have been mis-treated by their own Associations.

You are incessantly negative about things...Remember that whereever you see obstacles other people see opportunity.

Guest ToqueJambo
23 hours ago, RudiIsGod said:

There are not enough WTF gifs for that but this one will do. Rangers fans who think Hearts are aligned to them somehow are like all the Celtic fans who think the average Irish person gives a shit about them.

tenor.gif

Edited by ToqueJambo

been here before
On 23/06/2020 at 21:01, RudiIsGod said:

Staunch.

Infact probably stauncher than staunch.