Burnley Fan Hire a Plane

NANOJAMBO

vladisacoward
13 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Remember when that white person had the police called on them or were even beaten up or killed by police because they were walking, jogging, sitting in a coffee shop, mowing their lawn, bird watching, standing outside their own house, driving, sitting in their own house, playing outside, playing video games.... ? Nah me neither. Happens every day to black people though.

When was the last time it happened to a black person in the UK never mind Scotland?

Incidentally, Justine Damond.

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• vladisacoward

• jambo_74

• ri Alban

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, vladisacoward said:

When was the last time it happened to a black person in the UK never mind Scotland?

The cop that killed Justine got 12 years and showed remorse, Minneapolis too.
Ever heard of Sheku Bayou?
That’s Scotland. Here’s England LAST MONTH. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-53108698

6991C011-F89D-4AE7-B919-66549D8D171C.jpeg

Edited by Pasquale for King

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Insofar as your second point goes, some may have said similar with regard to the Civil Rights Movement. 

Having said that, here we are 50 odd fekin years later ...... 

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

What use are protests eh?

F383EAF4-8ED0-4867-8BE7-CFBB7826F857.jpeg

I agree, but these folk had a cause. 

Nowadays it's often  a fad and way to pass time and make yourself feel better. 

It's also irony when you elect a right wing government in to lead the country which has historically been against everything on that list, Litterally  everything on that list. 

The best movement would be to elect a central or left government that gave you the rights you list there and add to them. 

Not elect right wing governments, Democratically... and complain when their policies have a knock on effect on society and culture. 

That's what annoys me the most tbh, folk don't join the dots. 

Clapping for the NHS is another one that boils my piss for the same reasons.

Unknown user
13 minutes ago, eyalluvitt said:

10 unarmed black people dying during interactions with police in the USA in the last year is of course 10 too many and needs sorting but 60 Black people including several kids have been murdered in Chicago in the last 3 weeks with a fraction of the media interest.

Gun crime and murder rates in america are mental, we all know that, but what's that got to do with institutionalised racism?

If you're actually offended no one's talking about it, start a thread.

ToadKiller Dog
6 minutes ago, vladisacoward said:

Sheku Bayohs death in Kirkcaldy is being reviewed by a judge lead enquiry  after doubts very raised about the officers involved statements. 

https://www.sundaypost.com/fp/sheku-bayoh/

Bazzas right boot
25 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Like the U.K.?

Yip. 

I mean the uk and the USA. 

vladisacoward
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Ever heard of Cheku Bayou?

6991C011-F89D-4AE7-B919-66549D8D171C.jpeg

So, five years ago then? And no sign of it happening again any time soon? So could be ten, fifteen, who knows how many years before it happens again? Not exactly the widespread, systematic, institutional racism we are constantly being told about. How many other people have died in police custody or at the hands of the police in that time but who don’t happen to be black? Are they to be remembered as victims of some kind of institutional discrimination, injustice or malfeasance?

Bayoh was high on PVP, punched a police woman to the ground before stamping on her three times, he did not respond to any police command, the police were there because they’d had multiple reports of a dangerously out of control big man with a knife who was harassing, threatening and chasing members of the public. If our police don’t respond with force at that stage then heaven help us all.

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, vladisacoward said:

So, five years ago then? And no sign of it happening again any time soon? So could be ten, fifteen, who knows how many years before it happens again? Not exactly the widespread, systematic, institutional racism we are constantly being told about. How many other people have died in police custody or at the hands of the police in that time but who don’t happen to be black? Are they to be remembered as victims of some kind of institutional discrimination, injustice or malfeasance?

Bayoh was high on PVP, punched a police woman to the ground before stamping on her three times, he did not respond to any police command, the police were there because they’d had multiple reports of a dangerously out of control big man with a knife who was harassing, threatening and chasing members of the public. If our police don’t respond with force at that stage then heaven help us all.

I’d known he was high on drugs but didn’t know about the big knife. 
I wonder how people would attempt to get someone like that under control if they had to. It’s easy to point fingers and say they went too far. I’m almost certain they didn’t mean for the guy to die. 
But he’s off his nut, big knife, threatening people and violent to police officers then forgive me for not having an awful lot of sympathy for him. 
I don’t care what colour he is. I’d have no sympathy for a white clown acting the same way. 

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, vladisacoward said:

So you had heard of him then, he shoved her over and she was fine. The rest is lies. He had no weapon when they found him. 11 officers. The one holding him down was 25 stone, another refused to divulge his weight.

Nice deflection from the guy killed last month though, nothing to say about that? 

Do you understand the difference between systemic racism and police violence?

1500 deaths in police custody in 30 years, 50 a year, 300 minorities. Wonderful.

https://fullfact.org/law/bame-deaths-police-uk/

vladisacoward
Just now, jack D and coke said:

I wonder how people would attempt to get someone like that under control if they had to. It’s easy to point fingers and say they went too far. I’m almost certain they didn’t mean for the guy to die. 
But he’s off his nut, big knife, threatening people and violent to police officers then forgive me for not having an awful lot of sympathy for him. 
I don’t care what colour he is. I’d have no sympathy for a white clown acting the same way. 

Precisely.

To be clear, no knife was found. That is irrelevant. Multiple reports went in to the cops of this guy waving a knife around and chasing and/or threatening random members of the public with one so they must react in a way that assumes that he has one. A man known to be violent on occasion who was out of his nut and then attacked a policewoman. He almost certainly would have been shot in the USA and then if or when no knife was found there would be hell to pay. But who’s fault would that be? See Mark Duggan.

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Yip. 

I mean the uk and the USA. 

Unfortunately it’s England that vote in a right wing government, Scotland hasn’t since 1956.

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

He was unarmed when 11 police officers arrived and 3 managed to handcuff him and control him.

vladisacoward
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

So you had heard of him then, he shoved her over and she was fine. The rest is lies. He had no weapon when they found him. 11 officers. The one holding him down was 25 stone, another refused to divulge his weight.

Nice deflection from the guy killed last month though, nothing to say about that? 

Do you understand the difference between systemic racism and police violence?

1500 deaths in police custody in 30 years, 50 a year, 300 minorities. Wonderful.

https://fullfact.org/law/bame-deaths-police-uk/

The rest is lies? Why so? Because you say so? Because you believe what you want to believe more like. He shoved a policewoman down? Right. No punching or stamping? Of course not. Even if he did just shove her over and ‘she was fine’ (which is nonsense on stilts) is that acceptable behaviour? I’m well aware of the case. I’m well aware no knife was found. What do you want the cops to do when they have had multiple reports of a large man, known to cops as occasionally violent who was clearly off his nut, waving a knife around and chasing joe public? Should they ask him if he wants a nice cup of tea first? 25 stone police officer?! Good one.

What guy killed last month? First I’ve heard of it.

J.T.F.Robertson
17 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I agree, but these folk had a cause. 

Nowadays it's often  a fad and way to pass time and make yourself feel better. 

It's also irony when you elect a right wing government in to lead the country which has historically been against everything on that list, Litterally  everything on that list. 

The best movement would be to elect a central or left government that gave you the rights you list there and add to them. 

Not elect right wing governments, Democratically... and complain when their policies have a knock on effect on society and culture. 

That's what annoys me the most tbh, folk don't join the dots. 

Clapping for the NHS is another one that boils my piss for the same reasons.

Yeah, the applauding gets on my tits as well. Just pay them the money they deserve.

vladisacoward

Thankfully, we’ve been protesting it about since it happened.

Protesting about it and misleading people along the way by the look of things. Which helps no one in the grand scheme of things. Eerily similar to one or two other situations.

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, vladisacoward said:

The rest is lies? Why so? Because you say so? Because you believe what you want to believe more like. He shoved a policewoman down? Right. No punching or stamping? Of course not. Even if he did just shove her over and ‘she was fine’ (which is nonsense on stilts) is that acceptable behaviour? I’m well aware of the case. I’m well aware no knife was found. What do you want the cops to do when they have had multiple reports of a large man, known to cops as occasionally violent who was clearly off his nut, waving a knife around and chasing joe public? Should they ask him if he wants a nice cup of tea first? 25 stone police officer?! Good one.

What guy killed last month? First I’ve heard of it.

Show me the proof of where anyone’s said anything about him stamping on her it’s lies.

Sorry if you can’t keep up, I posted the link up there and said LAST MONTH so you could notice it.https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-53108698

PC said she wasn’t stamped on . 25 stone cop. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-46591551

84CE1235-4DE2-401E-9912-B21E5C12144B.jpeg

vladisacoward

Is that really the best you’ve got? After all your searching and that’s what you come up with to back up your case? You wouldn’t even get to the judgement part in court. Case dismissed would be what you’d hear and quickly too. 

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, vladisacoward said:

Protesting about it and misleading people along the way by the look of things. Which helps no one in the grand scheme of things. Eerily similar to one or two other situations.

Misleading who? Proof? You get the evidence part of arguments on here eh?

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, vladisacoward said:

Is that really the best you’ve got? After all your searching and that’s what you come up with to back up your case? You wouldn’t even get to the judgement part in court. Case dismissed would be what you’d hear and quickly too. 

Wheres your proof,all you’ve said is lies by the cops to protect themselves. How many times do I have to ridicule you? You haven’t answered one thing I’ve put it to you.

vladisacoward

Wheres your proof,all you’ve said is lies by the cops to protect themselves. How many times do I have to ridicule you?

Pipe doon laddie. You’re making a fool of yourself now. I don’t need to do it for you. Lies by the cops ?!!? 😂😂 Great stuff!

vladisacoward

Hehe! Where’s your evidence? Erm, here it is. Night night he then says, tail firmly tucked between his legs as he scuttles off, back under his rock, badly defeated.

ToadKiller Dog
8 minutes ago, vladisacoward said:

Hehe! Where’s your evidence? Erm, here it is. Night night he then says, tail firmly tucked between his legs as he scuttles off, back under his rock, badly defeated.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0bw8f21

Dispatches took apart the police version.

Hence why there is a retired judge now leading a enquiry .

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-52754957

fabienleclerq
50 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Night night racists.

See this sort of stuff helps no one and is what puts people off the left. If you don't agree with them you're a racist etc, does more damage to their cause than good. 

As with neilsons plane this one was hired by the dregs of society stirred up by shite stuff like this on social media. 

fabienleclerq
1 hour ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0bw8f21

Dispatches took apart the police version.

Hence why there is a retired judge now leading a enquiry .

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-52754957

My wife worked with Sheku and described him as a gentle giant. I followed the case, probably not as much as others and imo it shows corruption by the police or certainly them covering each others backsides and the justice system appearing to help them aswell. 

I'm not convinced it was racist though and people are using his case the same way others are using the likes of Lee Rugby to suit their agenda imo. The guys family deserves answers and justice not him used for political agendas. 

Unknown user
7 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

See this sort of stuff helps no one and is what puts people off the left. If you don't agree with them you're a racist etc, does more damage to their cause than good. 

As with neilsons plane this one was hired by the dregs of society stirred up by shite stuff like this on social media. 

Not aimed at you but it's quite incredible how easily people are put off the left compared to some of the truly nasty stuff they'll accept from the right.

fabienleclerq
Just now, Smithee said:

Not aimed at you but it's quite incredible how easily people are put off the left compared to some of the truly nasty stuff they'll accept from the right.

I think the left have put people's backs up for weeks and they've gone so far to the left that the right get dragged closer to the centre. The left try and censor people's freedom of speech or certainly that's the impression I have and people I speak too.

I think the right everyone knows are pricks and have become a bit numb to their shite. They're expected to be morons and don't disappoint. 

The extremes of both are as bad as each other but the left don't appear to see it, I think the right know to an extent they are scumbags! (and relish the title) 

Unknown user
16 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

I think the left have put people's backs up for weeks and they've gone so far to the left that the right get dragged closer to the centre. The left try and censor people's freedom of speech or certainly that's the impression I have and people I speak too.

I think the right everyone knows are pricks and have become a bit numb to their shite. They're expected to be morons and don't disappoint. 

The extremes of both are as bad as each other but the left don't appear to see it, I think the right know to an extent they are scumbags! (and relish the title) 

The right are not moving to the centre, they're getting more and more extreme, it's so obvious I'm surprised at having to type it out. 

As I say, some on the right can come out with the worst stuff you can think of but the left put people off?

There's something far wrong in this country.

fabienleclerq
8 minutes ago, Smithee said:

The right are not moving to the centre, they're getting more and more extreme, it's so obvious I'm surprised at having to type it out. 

As I say, some on the right can come out with the worst stuff you can think of but the left put people off?

There's something far wrong in this country.

The right has always been extreme, what have they done that's more extreme? 

I think what I mean is the left has made the right seem more palatable to those in the middle with their behaviour recently, where normally I find the right make the left more palatable with theirs! 

Unknown user
Just now, fabienleclerq said:

The right has always been extreme, what have they done that's more extreme? 

I think what I mean is the left has made the right seem more palatable to those in the middle with their behaviour recently, where normally I find the right make the left more palatable with theirs! 

If you can't see it I don't even know where to start with your question mate.

fabienleclerq
3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

If you can't see it I don't even know where to start with your question mate.

Jesus, you seem easily upset. 

The right have down nothing more extreme recently than what anyone expects of them. Fighting with police and being racist is standard behaviour. 

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Jesus, you seem easily upset. 

The right have down nothing more extreme recently than what anyone expects of them. Fighting with police and being racist is standard behaviour. 

Think you're projecting a bit, nothing in my post suggests I'm upset.

fabienleclerq
Just now, Smithee said:

Think you're projecting a bit, nothing in my post suggests I'm upset.

Well why not just point to the more extreme behaviour than being patronising with stuff like"if you can't see it i don't know where to start"? 

Unknown user
1 minute ago, fabienleclerq said:

Well why not just point to the more extreme behaviour than being patronising with stuff like"if you can't see it i don't know where to start"? 

What was it that suggested I was upset?

fabienleclerq
Just now, Smithee said:

What was it that suggested I was upset?

No examples then? You can pick an argument with someone else I don't want to upset you further. 

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

No examples then? You can pick an argument with someone else I don't want to upset you further. 

You're the one going Jesus, you seem easily upset 🤯

Its half 4 in the morning, I ust can't be arsed explaining what's obvious, but if you insist how about today's story, a much loved celebrity being publicly turned on, getting called a coon and a ******, that if the guy gets covid he'll cough in his face, that he'll put him in a box.

Ian Wright's in fear of his life no matter how much bluster he puts out, is that not extreme?

Things are getting mental, it's as clear as day, and it'll get worse before it gets better.

8 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

You're well named TP.  It shows how far we've fallen as a country that a minority of people can dictate to the majority, exactly how they should think and behave. That, I find, staggering. Everyone found the murder in Minneapolis to be a horrific crime but quite why that has resulted in the sight of professional football players in this country going down on one knee, is beyond me. 3 white people were murdered in Reading on Saturday so, yes, WLM as do BLM. Therefore, All Lives Matter.

See the poor sods killed in Reading, were they killed by law enforcement officers?

7 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

The fact that some people on here treat Black Lives Matter as its a competition between white and black people (the fact that now people are trying make out the stabbings in Reading are a counter point to Black Lives Matter.) Reminds me of Lee Rigby, how his death has been hijacked by the far right to spread Islamophobia despite his family constantly telling them not to. 

Why is football really getting behind Black Lives Matter? Because there is a lot of Black footballers who know what its like to face racisim, both direct and indirect. So they have taken it up. Their white team-mates are siding with them because they are colleagues and friends who will have learnt a lot from their black team mates about what it means to be black.

If getting chat about racisim is making you uncomfortable, good its supposed to as what is required to solve it is a lot more complex and deeper than just not saying certain words to certain people. I remember it summed up perfectly by Jon Stewart when he was talking about Fox news in America constantly complaining and finding it tiring people complaining about racisim, he said "you tired hearing about, imagine how exhausting it is constantly facing it."

This

doctor jambo
8 hours ago, Thought Police said:

Minority? I think society has picked a side and knuckle draggers who live in the dark ages will be left behind.

I just don’t understand why people would choose to undermine a movement for their own insecurities. Everybody knows all lives matter ffs! BLM is about reminding racists that they matter just as much as white folk.

Fear of a black planet

Selkirkhmfc1874

Close it mods and let's get back to talking about Hearts and football ! Racism , sectarianism or politics ain't for a football forum 

Seymour M Hersh

Is the taking a knee and wearing BLM instead of their names on the back of the shirt for the entire rest of the season? I thought it might be for the first round of games but this was City's second game.

BLM WLM ALM - if i walked down one of the main streets in Somalia or somewhere like that i doubt very much if I'd get to the other end of it without something happening to me ie mugging or killed - white people and Christians have been getting killed in their thousands a year over in Africa for long enough can't remember anyone protesting and saying WLM 🙄

John Findlay
7 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Want to bet? 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-53076269

And believe it or not, racisim happens in Scotland, not just in America.

I would be careful using your link as an indication that this man died due to the Scottish police being racist. Watch this space when the full truth does eventually come out about this.

There maybe a few embarrassed faces all round.

12 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Is the taking a knee and wearing BLM instead of their names on the back of the shirt for the entire rest of the season? I thought it might be for the first round of games but this was City's second game.

Think it was just done again due to it being Burnley's first game back ironically

8 hours ago, scottish_chicP said:

IMG_20200605_131328_970.jpg

Those 3 dudes that were murdered in broad day light in reading were not black. 

jack D and coke
6 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

He was unarmed when 11 police officers arrived and 3 managed to handcuff him and control him.

I’ll be honest I’m not that clued up with the case. I’ve only seen and heard bits. 
This isn’t the Deep South of the states though I’m not having the police intentionally murdered him, that doesn’t happen here imo. In comparison to other forces we generally have a softly softly approach in this country as opposed to others even in Europe. 
It sounds like a bit of a tragic case.