Where to buy Shoes at the moment

Phage

Looking for a decent pair of shoes. Running or walking shoes along the lines of Salomon ideally.

Problem is I have had to return 4 different shoes bought online during all this. I guess my feet are a weird size 12 and also that shoes sizes are kind of wonky.

Anyway, anybody know anywhere i can go in and try on shoes?

Is it essential? Not entirely but my last working shoes just split right down the side. So its essential in the, I desperately need shoes and will soon be cutting about in my slippers, but not in a key worker type thing.

6 minutes ago, Phage said:

Looking for a decent pair of shoes. Running or walking shoes along the lines of Salomon ideally.

Problem is I have had to return 4 different shoes bought online during all this. I guess my feet are a weird size 12 and also that shoes sizes are kind of wonky.

Is it essential? Not entirely but my last working shoes just split right down the side. So its essential in the, I desperately need shoes and will soon be cutting about in my slippers, but not in a key worker type thing.

If you cant find anywhere, try Altberg, they're in Richmond, North Yorks, if you phone them, they send you a template to draw the outline of your foot on and they'll make them to fit, they do all sorts of stuff.

https://www.altberg.co.uk/

Just now, Dawnrazor said:

If you cant find anywhere, try Altberg, they're in Richmond, North Yorks, if you phone them, they send you a template to draw the outline of your foot on and they'll make them to fit, they do all sorts of stuff.

https://www.altberg.co.uk/

Thanks man. Was just reading about altbergs at that outdoor shop near Hillend. My poor feet deserve a wee treat

Bit of a difficult one, because most of the shops are closed.

This might not help you, but I bought a new pair of running shoes from Adidas recently, who had a decent 50% off some of their clearance range.  I have real issues with running shoes/gym shoes/football boots because my feet are quite wide, and often can't even get into shoes.

I bought a pair of their knitted style fabric ones, and they are absolutely superb for me - these are the ones here: https://www.adidas.co.uk/pulseboost-hd-shoes/F33909.html
Edit - they're sold out, but they also have a range called Ultraboost which look similar.

The colour and style might not be to your liking, but the fit is absolutely perfect, as the "body" of the shoe can just stretch and mould to the shape of my foot.

Might be worth having a look at similar ones?  Those ones I linked are a mid-range ones, they have ones all the way up to £200 if you wanted to spend a bit more. 

Edited by tian447

Harry Potter
16 hours ago, Phage said:

Amazon., return policy is good.

I tend to stick to brands ive had before when buying online. For example i know puma football boots are generally a good fit but adidas too narrow.