Berra

HamishMcGonagall

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Yes. 

We were far more edgey and vulnerable from high balls and set pieces without him. 

He has a part to play. 

The truth in all honesty is that we probably need two new centerhalfs. 

Few decent ones out of contract

Jimmy Dunne - Burnley

Jack Simpson - Bournemouth 

Murray Wallace - Millwall

Ben Heneghen - Sheff Utd

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cruyff

• OTT

• busby1985

• Lfhearts

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

letsalldothebeattie

Depending on what happens with the squad before the season starts I’d like to believe Souttar & Halkett will be first choice and even if one or both were to move on I’d like to think Neilson would find better options than Berra. I’d happy have Berra as a back up option 

Would imagine we could probably get almost two decent younger players for his wage. So if we can get rid then get rid, he's not essential. If we're stuck with him in the championship though (and not playing a high line) it can't be that bad based on his Dundee time. Only worry would be being stuck with him in the premiership if that happens. 

10 hours ago, Morgan said:

Whatever made you such a bitter person, i8?

My mum actually asked this quite recently. She told me I was such a happy child.

:scenes:

On 22/06/2020 at 12:54, kingantti1874 said:

I’d rather we just piss the division.. playing alongside berra would be great for any kid.. Remeber Souttar is badly injured again, and Halkett I believe will be off

then we really are in the keek. Souttar will be fit for the start of the season

On 23/06/2020 at 01:56, Cruyff said:

Jimmy Dunne - Burnley

Ben Heneghen - Sheff Utd

Would have Jimmy Dunne back in a heartbeat 

HillmanHearts
1 hour ago, Mundaydog said:

Would 100% agree.

Not gonna happen tho. 

2 hours ago, Mundaydog said:

Was there not talk of him signing for the Sheep?

On 23/06/2020 at 10:56, Cruyff said:

Jimmy Dunne - Burnley

Ben Heneghen - Sheff Utd

I'd take any of those tbh

Think we will be in bargain basement all things considered and only those that fall within budget are likely, especially if Craig Gordon signs as he will demand decent money.

Edited by Lfhearts

28 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Think we will be in bargain basement all things considered and only those that fall within budget are likely, especially if Craig Gordon signs as he will demand decent money.

Not sure about that. I think relatively speaking we will have more funds than most. Suspect some clubs are seriously worrying about survival first and foremost- we aren’t.

On 22/06/2020 at 11:30, Dia Liom said:

Yes, if RN wants him back of course.  Show Christophe some respect!

This.

Plus if it pisses off Dundee then all the better IMO.

mellors1874
15 hours ago, 5-1Jambo said:

We would never have lost the St Midden game if Berra had played. 

we lost the goal beacuse of pace and power don't see how berra would have made a difference to be honest 

Dunne would be a solid signing. Be tempted to let Halkett go on loan somewhere for a season to see if he recovers his form/puts himself in the shop window. 

2 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

If Gordon demands anything it should be a case of 'thanks but no thanks'. 

He's 37, zero sell on value and its a bit of nostalgia for a player most Hearts fans would love to see come back who can still offer something at this level. 

If we tie up thousands in him every week that stops us addressing the rest of the squads issues. Plenty keepers available who would command less. Due to Covid this is very much a buyers market. 

43 minutes ago, mellors1874 said:

we lost the goal beacuse of pace and power don't see how berra would have made a difference to be honest 

We lost most high ball challenges in and around the box. The pattern of the game would gave been different. Just my opinion and we will now never know. 

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

We'll still have the 4th or 5th  biggest budget. 

Bazzas right boot
13 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Was there not talk of him signing for the Sheep?

Aye, then he looked at a map and thought **** that! 

John Gentleman
1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

We want Berra back now aye? :lol: 

We build for the future by resurrecting the past.

ScottieMac17

Jimmy Dunne - Burnley

Ben Heneghen - Sheff Utd

Isn't Murray Wallace a Jambo too? 

Just now, ScottieMac17 said:

Isn't Murray Wallace a Jambo too? 

Could be mate, not sure. I'm sure I've heard that mentioned before though. 

He's hard a ****. The type of Centerhalf we need. 

Heneghen is good too. Both of them would be solid. 

JamboNation

Coming back in with a point to prove having  had months to work on his fitness he could be inspired , he deserves a fair chance along with everyone else.

Edited by JamboNation

jack D and coke
2 hours ago, John Gentleman said:

We build for the future by resurrecting the past.

I’m not sure if it’s just a Hearts thing but our fans are hilarious for wanting to bring players back. 
Over the hill and absolutely shite ones into the bargain :lol: 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

I’m not sure if it’s just a Hearts thing but our fans are hilarious for wanting to bring players back. 
Over the hill and absolutely shite ones into the bargain :lol: 

Probably because, like with hiring ex-players as managers, we've had very good success with it more often than not. Robbo, Colquhoun, McPherson, Naismith (technically twice), Webster, Skacel (twice).. I can't think of many that haven't turned out well. Neil McCann maybe but he had two very bad injuries. Demitri Mitchell coming back didn't work out but he also got injured. When a player gets a club and is a good player even if they are in their latter years, it can make perfect sense. 

No need to Bring Berra back anyhow. He's still our player.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Siphiwe Tshabalala

Can’t remember who we were playing, but it was prior to Stendel taking over, we got beat at home and he tried to shell it up the park and toe bunged it into the Wheatfield :rofl:

Edited by Siphiwe Tshabalala

The Real Maroonblood
22 hours ago, 5-1Jambo said:

Is that right Mystic Meg?

On 23/06/2020 at 10:06, i8hibsh said:

My mum actually asked this quite recently. She told me I was such a happy child.

:scenes:

Och well, I suppose we all change as we age.

Not doubting your dear old mum like, but you were a happy child?  🤷🏿‍♂️

:wink: 

3 hours ago, Cruyff said:

You talk some guff, Wallace is a left back who can cover at centre half, but hard not really, has a great engine and I have watched him a few times.

13 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

You talk some guff, Wallace is a left back who can cover at centre half, but hard not really, has a great engine and I have watched him a few times.

:rofl:

:facepalm:

23 hours ago, 5-1Jambo said:

What about all the other games he helped us lose. 

4 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Jordibaws.

Clerry Jambo
1 minute ago, Lfhearts said:

Berra if fit will be back at centre half hopefully with Soapy beside him, Halkett a sub

I hope we have all 3 available

Heneghen interests me. Seem to recall him being at Motherwell. 

There's a real need to move a lot of our current squad out and bring in real leaders. There have been so many moments this season where players had a chance to be counted and were found wanting each time. I think how bad we were at the back largely lies at the feet of Joel Pererira who has absolutely no right to be at a club the size of Man Utd. (hell even us, the guy is terrible and his name is bloody irritating AF to spell).

I'd like to really cut this squad down to the absolute bare minimum. 

Out: Doyle, Bobby, Damour, Uche, Garuccio, Wighton, White and probably Halkett & Washington too. 

Who we actually bring in is another kettle of fish though. There are a lot of decent players available right now, Andy Halliday would be a great signing for us IMO, he's got everything you need in this league but seems to have been quoted as unwilling to play for another Scottish club. Still, put a contract down. Be silly to turn down a reasonable offer in this climate. Fully expect to get stick for suggesting him, but he's got a bit of dig to his game which I really like. 

Lee Wallace is someone I'd like us to go for. Alongside Craig Gordon. It might start to look like the 2007 team :D but he'd be excellent cover for Hickey and is a real leader from Halliday's interview with Si Ferry. Considering our piss poor luck in LB's we could do so much worse. He's barely playing at QPR so would be a solid signing and could replace both White and Garuccio. 

Ethan Hamilton appears to have been highly rated too, so would be interesting to see if we could tempt him to come back to Scotland. Only 23 so heaps of potential if he gets his head down and moves for game time. 

Jimmy Dunne, I'd love to see us sign too. His performances were first class when he came in and was gutted Ross snaked him in January. 

Robbie will have his own ideas, I just hope he's successful in shifting these impostors on. This situation falls on them and I don't think the fans can forgive them for the situation they've put our club into. We shouldn't ever have been in a relegation spot, but they couldn't man the **** up and beat the shite in this league. Mentally weak tosspots with no right to ever wear the jersey again. 

JimCornette

Those last few years his game deteriorated something awful. Single handedly at fault for goal after goal after goal. 

But at the shite level we'll be playing at he might be an option since we're paying him absolute fortunes.

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Berra if fit will be back at centre half hopefully with Soapy beside him, Halkett a sub

Even paddy power wouldn’t take a bet on these two ever playing together again. Ones finished and the other can barely string ten games together without injuring a different part of his body.

2 minutes ago, JimCornette said:

Those last few years his game deteriorated something awful. Single handedly at fault for goal after goal after goal. 

But at the shite level we'll be playing at he might be an option since we're paying him absolute fortunes.

Assuming our challenge fails and we are playing Championship football next season, Berra would do. Attracting decent players is hard enough, so to be doing that in that league is impossible. 

Good thing is we have a shit ton of kids who are all at a decent age now to stake a claim at that level. Irving, Cochrane, McDonald, Hickey*, Brandon, Moore, Henderson plus Connor Smith & Hamilton and then Logan. All in the 21 and under category bar Brandon (I think?) so a real opportunity to get a full season playing teams we should beat in a league we should win in front of big crowds at Tynie (assuming people are allowed back obv). 

Could be that its a case of getting rid of as many 1st teamers as possible to clear the decks and bring in a few older leaders to help steer the ship and trust the kids to get us up. 

Jimmy Dunne - Burnley

Ben Heneghen - Sheff Utd

Definitely 2 good centre backs to add to the Squad. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
11 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

If he's managed to recover his full fitness and confidence, yes.

Jesus pal, he is ****ing god awful.

Are they any corpses with Hearts connections we could dig up? Give them a bash for old time’s sake?

18 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Jesus pal, he is ****ing god awful.

Are they any corpses with Hearts connections we could dig up? Give them a bash for old time’s sake?

Seemed to do fine on loan for Dundee in the championship. 

7 minutes ago, ScottieMac17 said:

I was looking today before I seen your message. 

Found this... On the Scunthorpe website...

https://www.scunthorpe-united.co.uk/news/2017/june/getting-to-know-murray-wallace/

Screenshot_20200627-134222~3.png

Pressley & Neilson seem to be pretty close so maybe Elvis will recommended him and can put in a good word. 

Think Callum Brittain (young RB from MK Dons) might be an option for Neilson too

Smith is our best CB tbh and Robbie loves very attacking full backs

Think Garuccio will do very well under Neilson as well as he is fast, attacking and a great crosser