Top Posters In This Topic

• Cruyff

• OTT

• busby1985

• Lfhearts

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All roads lead to Gorgie

No, I think he has lost too much pace and his awareness of when a ball was going to be played in behind seemed to have been lost on him recently. A solid servant of the club but I would rather we moved on.

4 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Yes, easily. He's better than Halkett to start with. 

Haha that’s no hard tho. Am dreading to imagine just how big Halkett will be after lock down. 

Just now, busby1985 said:

Haha that’s no hard tho. Am dreading to imagine just how big Halkett will be after lock down. 

Hope we've still got big David Vaneceks shorts handy. 

Got made an example of by Stendel. Harshly in my opinion. Would be good to Have his experience in the championship and back up in the premier as other have said. He is a proper pro to come back from that injury at his age. I think we would be foolish just to cast him aside as others have suggested.

I'd like to think we could be more forward thinking and progressive with our team. Berra is done I'm afraid. Take the points about the championship, but would rather we brought a bright prospect to play in the defence that can learn from Souttar, Gordon (if he signs) and Michael Smith. 

If Hickey goes, and i think he will, Left back is a little bit barer too with Aidy White still to convince me he's approaching being a good player

kingantti1874
32 minutes ago, SIWY1874 said:

I'd like to think we could be more forward thinking and progressive with our team. Berra is done I'm afraid. Take the points about the championship, but would rather we brought a bright prospect to play in the defence that can learn from Souttar, Gordon (if he signs) and Michael Smith. 

If Hickey goes, and i think he will, Left back is a little bit barer too with Aidy White still to convince me he's approaching being a good player

I’d rather we just piss the division.. playing alongside berra would be great for any kid.. Remeber Souttar is badly injured again, and Halkett I believe will be off

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

I’d rather we just piss the division.. playing alongside berra would be great for any kid.. Remeber Souttar is badly injured again, and Halkett I believe will be off

041vw2xxzc101.thumb.png.2a19ac8772e33f7dc54464abdfe215f3.png

3 hours ago, The jj era said:

the 2020 aaron hughes

Hughes was injured and shite.  Berra was Dundee’s best player when he went there and played consistently. 

I think as back up he could do a fine job. He may even have rebuilt his confidence at Dundee. 

A lot concerned me though with him ****ing off pretty much as soon as training was done. We need more professionalism. If he can't give more then we could probably invest in a younger CB with more to give.

Edit: He's been captain throughout our slide into midtable then bottom of the table. He needs to give more and set higher standards.

Edited by OTT

David McCaig
51 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Souttar will probably be fit for our next match if we are in the Championship.

David McCaig
Just now, OTT said:

I think as back up he could do a fine job. He may even have rebuilt his confidence at Dundee. 

A lot concerned me though with him ****ing off pretty much as soon as training was done. We need more professionalism. If he can't give more then we could probably invest in a younger CB with more to give.

I think the key for Berra was getting a month off before going to Dundee.  The enforced break for Covid may well put an extra couple of years on his career, albeit I think he needs to be used more sparingly and is at an age where he can’t just play through injuries anymore.

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Souttar will probably be fit for our next match if we are in the Championship.

Maybe - don’t fancy relying on him for a season right now.  Remember ber we have also lost clevid

Edited by kingantti1874

David McCaig
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

Maybe - don’t fancy relying on him for a season right now. 

That’s a fair point... although I didn’t comment on him being fit for the 2nd game 😎

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

That’s a fair point... although I didn’t comment on him being fit for the 2nd game 😎

😂

Please no.

He was fantastic for us first season back, but the injury against Celtic at the start of the season before last absolutely finished him.

I could pick out probably a dozen goals since he came back where he was completely at fault, either getting roasted for pace, caught out of position or unable to move his feet or body in time to react properly. He basically became like Aaron Hughes in the 5-0 game against Livi, but permanently. 

It's a shame for the guy as it's clearly physical rather than a lack of effort, but christ it was embarrassing watching him for the last year.

Also, I don't feel like he offered much on the leadership side once his legs gave out. There definitely didn't appear to be much organisation or battle shown in the side he captained once he came back. 

The Natural Order

Keep him as a squad player / backup while he does his badges and let him leave in a more fitting way than he did.

He still sees himself as a starter which is a problem. He needed dropped, and if he remains at Hearts next season he needs to accept being a squad member.

HillmanHearts

Happy to let Robbie decide.

Hopefully the rest will have done him good.

Might well be decided on relegation clauses etc. throughout the squad anyway.  

2 hours ago, busby1985 said:

Under stands Hearts, one of us 🙈🙈🙈🙈 the absolute crap that gets spouted on here is a joke. I have heard current first team players slaughter Berra. First out the door after training. Not attending analysis sessions. Blaming everyone and anyone for his own mistakes. His behaviour towards Stendel was nothing short of a joke and if people think Stendel just one day decided “I don’t fancy Berra” have their heads in the sand. Loads of arguments with Naismith cause Naismith was on him for not acting like a captain. Arguments with the young boys who got sick of carrying the can for him. Move him on. 

Who were the current first team players who slaughtered Berra?

weegie jambo
3 hours ago, busby1985 said:

The Berra that went to the press to air his dirty laundry? The Berra that investigated a handful of the players and suspended some player tickets to the player lounge because he got stick from someone’s guest after the home hibs defeat. The Berra that wouldn’t take any responsibility for his mistakes and often blamed the young boys for his own errors? Get him binned and as far away from the club as possible. Bridges burnt. 

This for me too, I'm afraid. I saw little or no signs of leadership during his 2nd stint. Good in his day but well past it now and was always blaming someone else for his shortcomings. Thanks for your time but now we move on.

I think Robbie has to give him an opportunity but if he plays like he did in his last year from Dec-Dec then I want him nowhere near the team - was a liability...

Rick Sanchez

Let's not forget that even when Stendel wasn't going gung ho with the back line, he was still hoofing it to no one, he could barely control the ball and was running like bambi on ice.

The crowd was right on his back every time he was getting closed down and hesitating to the point I was feeling sorry for him.

I'd let Robbie have a look and give him a pre season but I have my doubts.

Guest ToqueJambo

No idea about Berra but I wouldn't be surprised if Neilson considers trying Halkett at DM. He often played in teams with converted CBs in that position during the Romanov years and Halkett has the look of someone who could slot in there.

Hectormasson
9 hours ago, Weebroon98 said:

No from me, time to move on

Correct , playing a number of guys like him last season, put us at the bottom !!!

coatbridgejambo
11 hours ago, Jeff said:

We won't be in the Championship so nah

Yaaas!

I've been worried about this now I can relax 👍

Cannot see any other option than him staying , we will not loan him to another championship side and cant see him dropping to the first div. 

36 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

No idea about Berra but I wouldn't be surprised if Neilson considers trying Halkett at DM. He often played in teams with converted CBs in that position during the Romanov years and Halkett has the look of someone who could slot in there.

Not for me.

10 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

If we want someone to power header the ball back to the opposition every 2 minutes then Berra is our man.

Whatever made you such a bitter person, i8?

2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Halkett has the look of someone that you'd see ordering a giant munchy box for himself at a chippy and the only thing he could slot into is a pair 42 inch waist jeans. 

Hungry hippo

I think he'd be an excellent backup CB. We are not likely to be able to save much in wages anyway as can't see many teams paying even a small amount of his wages due to incomes being massively reduced.

Bazzas right boot

Yes. 

We were far more edgey and vulnerable from high balls and set pieces without him. 

He has a part to play.