Craig Gordon signs for Hearts (title updated)

Back to 2005

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

There was save he made against Motherwell at Tynecastle during our Burley run that was just incredible and won us the 3 pts. I was behind the goal and the video doesn't really reflect how amazing it was. The best reflexes of any goalie I've seen in the flesh.

Found it: 

Great save but for me it’s Niemi double  save v Celtic when we came back from 2-0 down to win 3-2

the save 

The save is about 16.10 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Last Laff

• jack D and coke

• Pasquale for King

• Cruyff

Got to laugh both Celtic and Hibs fans telling me he is finished yet asking if he is cup tied for the Scottish cup this season 😂😂😂😂😂

So can he play in the cup on not? 
Just thinking how good it would be, Gordon saving a last minute Celtic penalty so we lift the cup... the seethe from Celtic and Hibs would be off the scale!!

Delighted he is back. A cracking keeper for us first time round and still has a good few years left in him. Don’t think we can underestimate the importance of a decent keeper. A poor keeper causes shaky defence and that causes more work for the midfield defensively and misses them out in attack. It makes for less chances up front and a much more defensive minded team. A decent keeper will allow much more forward thinking from everyone. 

I think i’ve rambled a bit incoherently there but I know what I was trying to say! Haha. 

The main thing is a big welcome back to big Craig and it’s great to have a good hearts man back in goals. Welcome home sir. 

Birregrande
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

There was save he made against Motherwell at Tynecastle during our Burley run that was just incredible and won us the 3 pts. I was behind the goal and the video doesn't really reflect how amazing it was. The best reflexes of any goalie I've seen in the flesh.

Found it: 

What a save! Welcome back Craig.  also, I miss you Rudi.... :rudi:

Салатные палочки

Seen a few Hibs fans saying he's past it's and then later today, without a hint of irony, saying Whittaker is a great signing for Dunfermline :laugh:

Absolute muppets. 

Harry Potter
2 hours ago, Morgan said:

This is what I would call ‘really good news’.

We’ll be a better team with Craig, than without him.

Great stuff, Hearts.

Good post, im glad hes back.

2 hours ago, Siphiwe Tshabalala said:

His save against Motherwell at home, is still to this day the best save I’ve ever seen in the flesh.

Incredible.

Welcome home CG.

Opinions, I know, but the Slavia Prague triple save was the best I have ever seen.

The Real Maroonblood
51 minutes ago, pointon said:

Got to laugh both Celtic and Hibs fans telling me he is finished yet asking if he is cup tied for the Scottish cup this season 😂😂😂😂😂

Cup tied.

😀

1 hour ago, Victorian said:

I wonder how Hearts handing CG a two year contract knits in with the vermin belief that we're financially ****ed.

Will take some working out.

Welcome back CG.   **** the Hibs.

They will simply change lanes.

”Disgraceful forcing your players to take wage cuts and then signing Gordon on more money than those who did”.

Will be the angle.

6 minutes ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

Bordeaux away was absolutely ****ing amazing. That Irish bar, all the fans walking together to the ground, bedlam when De Vries scoring. It was such a brilliant few days away

1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Cup tied.

😀

👍

Craig Gordons Gloves

Finally, all you lot that gave me grief for my username can wheesht ;)

Magic that Craig is back at Hearts.  I've enjoyed some of our keepers in the past few decades and CG is up there with Niemi as the best. Hopefully this will go some way to repairing the mental scarring of seeing Pereira **** up so many time

Just now, Craig Gordons Gloves said:

Finally, all you lot that gave me grief for my username can wheesht ;)

Magic that Craig is back at Hearts.  I've enjoyed some of our keepers in the past few decades and CG is up there with Niemi as the best. Hopefully this will go some way to repairing the mental scarring of seeing Pereira **** up so many time

Wondered when you would post on this thread!

:biggrin:

Jamboscanbevicius
2 hours ago, lou said:

I have never seen a player look and sound so happy to sign for a club 🇱🇻♥️

This. Lovely to see the video clip of him today. He was beaming! 🙌❤️

Welcome back Craig. 

I was at hospitality in Sunderland a couple of months before you left and was speaking briefly with Roy Keane.  I made the mistake of telling him just how good you really were

I hope you are half as good now as you were then

All the best!!

The Goalscoring Knee

Haven't posted for while but had to come on and say this is great news.

Am I alone in feeling sad to think that 14 years have gone by since the fun in the sun against Gretna?

A decade-and-a-half... it really doesn't seem that long ago (and I got tinnitus thanks to the bloody PA system)

I'm think I'm getting old:smile:

Guest ToqueJambo
41 minutes ago, OTT said:

giphy.gif

😂 While the guy next to him is saying. "Yeah, they nicked Robbie Neilson off D Utd and Craig Gordon off Celtic. Then they only went and won their court case..." 

6 hours ago, Siphiwe Tshabalala said:

His save against Motherwell at home, is still to this day the best save I’ve ever seen in the flesh.

Incredible.

Welcome home CG.

I've still no idea how he got to that, it didn't look possible to save. 

Siphiwe Tshabalala
14 minutes ago, gavvy said:

The shot came at some power and accuracy too.

Great signing. Happy with this. It’s our main problem position and to get the calibre of a keeper like CG at this stage is a coup. A steady pair of hands 

Welcome back Craig - it’s been too long 

HHGH 

7 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I'm happy with him signing for us, although I hated his love in with the tinks 

It was hardly a love in! Everyone knows it was football reasons only. He admitted he grew up a Hearts boy. 

Thats hardly having the credentials to create a love in with the Mhanks 

he won some trophy’s, played at the highest level in Europe etc 

I wasn’t particularly enamoured when he moved to Septic, but You kinda get the reasons why 

But love in ... No. don’t think that’s what it was at all.

He will finish his career with us and I bet you that will be just as special to him as to whatever “wins” he had with the mhanks 

18 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

It was hardly a love in! Everyone knows it was football reasons only. He admitted he grew up a Hearts boy. 

Thats hardly having the credentials to create a love in with the Mhanks 

he won some trophy’s, played at the highest level in Europe etc 

I wasn’t particularly enamoured when he moved to Septic, but You kinda get the reasons why 

But love in ... No. don’t think that’s what it was at all.

He will finish his career with us and I bet you that will be just as special to him as to whatever “wins” he had with the mhanks 

The guy won a shit ton of medals and trophies at Celtic, playing against some of the biggest and best clubs in Europe. 

Of course he'll have enjoyed himself and been happy there. You'd have to be a right torn faced ***** not to. And obviously he'll have a bust a gut to get those and celebrated every victory and point that got them. Doesn't mean he was never a PHM. What it does mean is he's a professional as **** PHM. 

Welcome back Craigy boy. 

2 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

The guy won a shit ton of medals and trophies at Celtic, playing against some of the biggest and best clubs in Europe. 

Of course he'll have enjoyed himself and been happy there. You'd have to be a right torn faced ***** not to. And obviously he'll have a bust a gut to get those and celebrated every victory and point that got them. Doesn't mean he was never a PHM. What it does mean is he's a professional as **** PHM. 

Welcome back Craigy boy. 

Nail on the head mate 

👏👏👏

4 hours ago, gavvy said:

That was a simply magnificent save. Saw it late - really late.

The Rob Jones save was my favourite. In the split second after he'd made connection and the ball flew toward the corner of the net I'd resigned myself to a 3-2 defeat. 

Craig suddenly appeared, Superman like, and saved the world from the horror of a rare Hibs derby win. 

I think there was also a stunning bit of goalkeeping in his early Sunderland days that was quite special. 

Just now, Barack said:

From our old Hearts Hearts transfer target, Zat (Zap) Knight. Got save of the season, iirc.

Ha ha. I had a wee look around and realised it was "Zap" playing for Bolton. 

It was voted the best EPL save ever, apparently. 

4 minutes ago, Barack said:

Blaming early morning for posting Hearts twice. The best ever save rings a bell. Sure there's something out there that confirms it. I'll not be looking though, as I'm still cross-eyed at the moment.

💤

I didn't even notice the double Hearts. 

😉

The EPL did a 20th anniversary award thing and Craig's save won. Kevin Keegan's "love it" got best quote. 

Edited by martoon

6 hours ago, Normthebarman said:

Welcome back Craigy boy. 

Aye. It may sting because it’s Celtic but the late, great Dave Mackay won major honours and had an affinity with Spurs, it never stopped him being a big Hearts man. 

John Greig at Rangers.  One of Hibs greatest , Gordon Smith, never hid he fact he was a big Hearts supporter.  Players are often accused of not being real fans because they played football every other Saturday trying to become a professional, i’ve often thought that was alot of crap.  

Every player dreamt of playing for the team they supported.  

Edited by Debut 4

jack D and coke
15 hours ago, busby1985 said:

Referring to Celtic in the past tense and saying 10 wasn’t for him. The sort of bitterness I like to see, even if it isn’t actually there. 

Yeah that was pretty soothing. 
For me anyway :lol: 

I’ll love him again I suppose🤷🏽‍♂️☺️

PhoenixHearts
1 hour ago, martoon said:

Ha ha. I had a wee look around and realised it was "Zap" playing for Bolton. 

It was voted the best EPL save ever, apparently. 

Find it hilarious that the best Premier League save ever was in a game between a League 1 team and a soon to be League 2 team. How times have changed.

Great news! I'm delighted he's back! He looks delighted too! This could be a crucial signing for us moving forward and trying to get back amongst the top 4! I'm really happy that we are starting to build a strong team from the back again! The way it should be done, Hopefully the first of a few new quality additions to our team.

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Signed permanently.

Good stuff. Hopefully Craig can ensure two years of that time is spent on the treatment table. :) 

The camera was on him sitting on the bench after Celtic scored late at the game at Tyncastle last season, he did not move a muscle when Celtic scored

John Findlay

I see Buffon has signed on at Juventus for another year aged 42. Surely Italy's top club could have got someone younger.

Great player.

Potential coach.

Local boy and Hearts fan.

What's not to like?

Jambo 4 Ever
10 minutes ago, Rousset1 said:

Great player.

Potential coach.

Local boy and Hearts fan.

What's not to like?

There will be some trumpets who won’t like it for some reason 

Still getting used to the fact we have a good keeper on our books.... Its taking a,while to sink in.   It's been soooo long.