Craig Gordon signs for Hearts (title updated)

Back to 2005

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Last Laff

• jack D and coke

• Pasquale for King

• Cruyff

1 minute ago, Doc Rob said:

‘Almost certain’? I’d say it’s a long way from certain that we will be playing in the Championship next season. It’s possible, sure, but almost certain? Nah.

Just have to wait and see I suppose. 

2 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Given the SFA are about to "throw the book at us" and the other clubs are wanting to expel us totally for "destroying the game", we're just going to become a sort of Harlem Globetrotters, playing glamour friendlies around the world until there are only eleven teams left in Scotland, when we'll be welcomed back. It's all good.

:) I thought of the same thing a few days ago. Glamour friendlies against Bayern, Barcelona, AC Milan and the like.

Fxxx the SPFL
1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

He could still play at a higher level and if it’s not financial then that’s a better offer.  I suspect neither got to do with money though so we win out the deal 👍

No bother either 👍

He should have saved Lafferty's goal in the four nil humping glad he didn't obviously and it was good of him to bring Callaghan down as well.

I hope that this speculation of us potentially signing a highly rated, current Scottish international player plus appointing a high profile manager has the SPFL and several clubs absolutely squirming.

They want us down and/or out.  Sorry, not happening.

Just now, hughesie27 said:

We were manageress and never had a decent goalie on the books. Makes sense to me. Suspect the DoF will be announced soon.

MV5BMTFhOTMyMjEtMzcwZi00MTJhLTgxYjYtZTM2YTI5ZTkxYTY0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTIwOTI0NTE@._V1_UY1200_CR113,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

Smoked-Glass

Ive been calling for him to be dropped from Scotland since about 2017 and the horror show v England.

He was also pish in that 4-0 game v Celtic. 

Still. Might be better than what we ve got.  

24 minutes ago, Barack said:

**** it. Don't care anymore. 

Announce his signing and let's move onto the next freak surprise of this season.

Pretty much this.😂

Can't take anymore today so off to bed.

Night folks.🙉

25 minutes ago, kila said:

I am scared to go to sleep now, what world will I wake up to? Are we beating the pandemic by going back in time?

Had a laugh at this 😂 👍

So he has signed then?  From that link which I am too scared to click.  Can someone post a small quote to the relevant part that says he's signed/.  I am not getting any news anywhere else.

2 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

So he has signed then?  From that link which I am too scared to click.  Can someone post a small quote to the relevant part that says he's signed/.  I am not getting any news anywhere else.

Just says an offer has been put to him but by the soundings on social media it's a 2 year deal with option of another 

Would welcome him back with open arms! Much better than anything we have even at 37 and would be great in guiding harry stone for a couple of years until he breaks through as number 1 if he is as good as many people says he is!

Heartsmad1874

Sounds like its a good offer for him at this stage of his career, possible 2 years with an extra 12 months.

Can see him eventually replacing PG as goalkeeper coach.

Captain Canada

Can't wait for tomorrow - a Vlad-style signing frenzy with 11 new players! 

Seriously though, I think Gordon would certainly solve a problem position for us. 

Rick Sanchez
33 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

**** it. 

Welcome back Craig. 

If Takis is Sporting Director, I might actually ruin my boxers. 

I've already done that over the potential happenings on the Tick Tock thread :laugh:

Had Celtic allowed him to leave when he wanted to in January we'd not have been in 12th when the season was called (IMO). 

A good solid signing that will benefit Harry Stone's development tenfold. 

35 minutes ago, Ann Budge said:

Ffs 

I have to admit to being surprised that your user name was available to anyone.

31 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Something has happened that has made us go for for a manager and a player in the last 24 hours. Next few days will be interesting i suspect.

It could simply be Hearts showing that we have money, lots of it, and are laying down a marker that we fear no-one or what they try to do to us. Only Hearts

Just now, 7628mm said:

I have to admit to being surprised that your user name was available to anyone.

Same here bud 😁

Aye but he played for Celtic and never gave us enough respect. Same as David Weir at rangers. Both dead to me. 🙄😂

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Ann Budge said:

Same here bud 😁

Yeah I got a fright there hahahaha, she’s come on here to sort us out now 😆

Edited by Pasquale for King

1 minute ago, Ann Budge said:

Same here bud 😁

Use the name wisely as you will require to behave like a  😇

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, OTT said:

Had Celtic allowed him to leave when he wanted to in January we'd not have been in 12th when the season was called (IMO). 

Shows how shite Bain is.

51 minutes ago, maggieb said:

WTF my team , my love, wtf is going on ? If true ? Who’s overseeing this stuff?

Ann Budge. 

jamboinglasgow
10 minutes ago, OTT said:

Thats what I would like to see (though I do like Zlamel, he is a mad *******. Dont mind him around, but no room for Doyle.)

Rabbie_Burns
4 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

It could simply be Hearts showing that we have money, lots of it, and are laying down a marker that we fear no-one or what they try to do to us. Only Hearts

That and the pulling power too, still 😊 👍

Really hope this doesn't go the same way as Berra. 

If we can move on Zlamal and Doyle might as well bring back Jamie Macdonald to compete for the jersey.

gashauskis9
51 minutes ago, Barack said:

Takis.

The 2006 crew reunites.

With Berra coming back that means Pressley is the only one missing from our 2006 back four!

Heartsmad1874
2 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

If we can move on Zlamal and Doyle might as well bring back Jamie Macdonald to compete for the jersey.

Whats Marian Kello or Janos Balogh doing these days? :lol: 

51 minutes ago, Tazio said:

If true I hope he is still up to the job. Second best keeper I’ve seen in my 40 odd years of watching Hearts. 

That’s where I am. Should have came back when he went to the mhanks instead. Hope he’s still got something in the tank/joints.

Heartsmad1874
1 minute ago, gashauskis9 said:

With Berra coming back that means Pressley is the only one missing from our 2006 back four!

Ibrahim Tall aswell, wonder what he’s uptae.

King Of The Cat Cafe
5 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

I had forgotten Doyle was still on our books.

He's not the keeper that left us. But a hell of a lot better than what we have and that's all you can ask for. 

Welcome back Craig, if you sign. 

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

Thought Bain was injured?

A thumb injury until 17th February according to transfer market 🤷🏾‍♂️

3EA1074C-DD68-4AA5-B4A8-AE9E02F3E4F8.jpeg

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Let’s move forward, only go back for quality players.

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

A thumb injury until 17th February according to transfer market 🤷🏾‍♂️

3EA1074C-DD68-4AA5-B4A8-AE9E02F3E4F8.jpeg

Training ground bust up with Lee Griffiths presumably.

Pasquale for King
Just now, gnasher75 said:

Training ground bust up with Lee Griffiths presumably.

Hahaha, stole his lucozade 😜

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Let’s move forward, only go back for quality players.

Jamie Mac is one of the best shot stoppers we've had in many a year. Very under-rated keeper IMO and shouldn't have been released when he was even though Alexander did well.

1 hour ago, Chuck Berry said:

Can someone posts what it says, don't want to give that rag a click.

SunSport can reveal the 37-year old keeper has rejected a move to St Mirren.

Now it’s between the two Scottish clubs Gordon has played for as the ex-Scotland No 1 weighs up his future.

Celtic want to re-sign the hugely-experienced goalie as back-up to Fraser Forster.

But the deal on the table from the Premiership champions is on vastly reduced terms — and Gordon is unimpressed with the way negotiations have gone until now.

He told SunSport a fortnight ago how Celts needed to improve their first offer if they were truly serious about signing him again.

But there has been no new proposal for Gordon to consider.

And it’s understood Celts have even urged the one-time £9million man to delay his decision until they know where they stand with Forster.

As we first revealed, Saints boss Jim Goodwin hoped to pounce on the situation and pull off a major coup by snapping up the Scotland star.

But despite being hugely impressed with Goodwin’s pitch to him, Gordon has decided against a move to the Paisley outfit.

Hearts have been alerted to the situation and have made their move to snap up their former hero.

They feared they would be unable to lure Gordon to the club if they were condemned to the Championship.

But Gordon has made it clear he’d be open to the move regardless of which division they’re playing in next season.

He also played with Robbie Neilson during his first spell at the club as a youngster and would be happy to work with his ex-team-mate now that he's set to be confirmed as Daniel Stendel’s replacement.

Negotiations are centred around an initial two-year deal, with the possibility of a 12-month extension.

Hearts owner Ann Budge is prepared to discuss the possibility of a testimonial benefit match.

Gordon also has an eye on the next stage of his career and is planning to start his coaching badges.

The Gorgie club are happy to support him in that effort.

As yet nothing has been agreed but further talks are expected to take place this week — with Gordon biding his time before making any final decision.

Welcome home Craig.

Solid keeper. Great pro. Been part of a dressing room accustom to winning week in week out. And more importantly - better than what we’ve got.

No brainer. 

millerjames398
51 minutes ago, LeftBack said:

MV5BMTFhOTMyMjEtMzcwZi00MTJhLTgxYjYtZTM2YTI5ZTkxYTY0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTIwOTI0NTE@._V1_UY1200_CR113,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

👏🏼😄i thought the same, i loved this when i was wee..the tour of Italy was interesting  on the last episode😄

Famous 1874

Winner and a massive upgrade on what we currently have. Welcome home Craig, assuming he joins us rather than sits in the stand being 3rd choice at Celtic