First signing cummings?

Hectormasson

On 21/06/2020 at 20:24, BigAlim said:

With Boyce, Naismith, Washington and Ikpeazu as striking options I think we have more pressing matters to attend to. Namely in centre mid and in goal

Or re-shaping and shipping out

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1874robbo

• Hectormasson

• Greedy Jambo

• been here before

been here before
3 hours ago, droid said:

Whilst there's probably nothing in this, Cummings is exactly the kind of player I'd love at Hearts. He's a bit of a maverick, the kind of character our dressing rooms missing for a long time imo.

He strikes me as an idiotic, annoying, immature, attention seeking pain in the arse.

Cant see why anyones dressing room would need that.

Bantz though.

Edited by been here before

I saw him jogging passed Carrick Knowe the other day. He was running in the opposite direction of Tynie ... but in a round about way, towards Riccarton. 🤔

Cumdog can go and feck himself.

It should be nowhere near a Hearts strip.

Peasant and idiot, are the words that spring to my mind immediately.

Wee scumbag.

Jingle Bells
11 hours ago, Morgan said:

Cumdog can go and feck himself.

It should be nowhere near a Hearts strip.

Peasant and idiot, are the words that spring to my mind immediately.

Wee scumbag.

He may have matured a bit having been down south for the last couple of years and away from his normal environment.

OmiyaHearts

Probably worth a punt if we do get put into the Championship. 

I don't care what teams players support, what they're like personally etc. As long as they do the job on the pitch, it's all good for me.

Edited by OmiyaHearts

Glamorgan Jambo

He’ll be on a fairly hefty wage at Shrewsbury. And he’s cut from the same cloth as Riordan and O’Connor. Avoid.

People seem forget he was a boyhood hearts fan who got released perhaps unfairly by hearts. He proved hearts wrong in the end maybe even out of spite. Many of us might have done the same. I mean, I do feel like I lose brain cells if I watch him in an interview but he scores goals.

On 24/06/2020 at 16:55, droid said:

Whilst there's probably nothing in this, Cummings is exactly the kind of player I'd love at Hearts. He's a bit of a maverick, the kind of character our dressing rooms missing for a long time imo.

Last time he was a regular starter was with the wee team

He has been shite the past three seasons.

Edited by benny

Rick Sanchez

I wouldn't say no, we could do with a couple of more wankers in our team.

Only if he's reigned it in a bit though. I prefer winding up opposition players and fans, not trashing your ****ing flat thinking you're a bit of a ticket.

Would ruin his legacy across the city though, would he do it?

Couldn't give a **** who wears the Jersey, if its " an immature wee prick of a scumbag etc etc" and he's hitting 20 - 30 a season, he'll do for me. 

If it's a model pro who does charity work, never swears, conducts himself lmpecably off the park, but contributes very little to the team, he can get to **** pronto. 

Has that bit of arrogance that Lafferty has, work ethic may not be there but you could guarantee he would cause devastation in a maroon jersey at Easter road.

Saw him out running yesterday on path beside tram line at Carrick Knowe. With a big fella wearing an Edinburgh City training top. Obviously going there 

36 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Saw him out running yesterday on path beside tram line at Carrick Knowe. With a big fella wearing an Edinburgh City training top. Obviously going there 

Did his brother not play for them or something?

Nucky Thompson
39 minutes ago, OTT said:

Did his brother not play for them or something?

Yup. Probably out running with his brother. Their mum stays at Saughton Mains

On 25/06/2020 at 11:48, Glamorgan Jambo said:

He’ll be on a fairly hefty wage at Shrewsbury. And he’s cut from the same cloth as Riordan and O’Connor. Avoid.

Sat near him once at a boxing night at Ingliston. He was very happy to say hello to people and get selfies done. Seems well mannered, and was sober, having a laugh with complete strangers. Didn't get a Riordan/O'Connor vibe off him at all. Okay he acts the clown a bit sometimes. Personality wise he seems alright to me, unless folk know him personally have a different view obviously. Never really heard of him dashing about town acting the hard man.

RustyRightPeg

He's misunderstood, daft as a brush and never means any harm. Really nice lad.

Got that poacher nack, that we've missed probably since Robbo. Boyce and him would work well together.

Don’t know him but know a fella who does and says he’s actually a good guy.

Would not be averse to him signing to be honest. We need a bit attitude/madness

Nucky Thompson
11 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

He's misunderstood, daft as a brush and never means any harm. Really nice lad.

Got that poacher nack, that we've missed probably since Robbo. Boyce and him would work well together.

Jason is a good guy. Likes a bit of a carry on but wouldn't do anyone a bad turn.

He would bang the goals in for us, I'm sure of it

maroonshrew

the Cummings myth is an interesting one. He has scored 14 league goals outside of the Scottish Championship. 

11 of those in League One. Only 2 in the Scottish Prem and 1 in the English championship. He is yet to prove himself anywhere other than the Scottish Championship. It is the only league he has ever scored regularly in. And yet, somehow, he is still credited as clinical or that he proved us wrong or exactly the type of player we need. It baffles me. 

Ex member of the SaS

Players should be judged on their ability to kick a ball. As much as I dislike the guy If he can play good football and score 20 goals a season then I would take him in an instant. We have been lacking a goal scorer capable of scoring more than 15 for a long time.

Games are won by scoring more than the other side and we have been lacking an instinctive scorer for years.

Nucky Thompson
2 minutes ago, maroonshrew said:

the Cummings myth is an interesting one. He has scored 14 league goals outside of the Scottish Championship. 

11 of those in League One. Only 2 in the Scottish Prem and 1 in the English championship. He is yet to prove himself anywhere other than the Scottish Championship. It is the only league he has ever scored regularly in. And yet, somehow, he is still credited as clinical or that he proved us wrong or exactly the type of player we need. It baffles me. 

When he became a regular for Hibs at 18 they had just been relegated to the Championship. That's why most of his games and goals came in that league.

He was in the Hibs team that won the cup and knocked us out twice.

By the time Hibs got promoted he got a big money move to Forest.

He wouldn't be the first player who's career has stalled in England.

It's hardly baffling 

maroonshrew
2 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

When he became a regular for Hibs at 18 they had just been relegated to the Championship. That's why most of his games and goals came in that league.

He was in the Hibs team that won the cup and knocked us out twice.

By the time Hibs got promoted he got a big money move to Forest.

He wouldn't be the first player who's career has stalled in England.

It's hardly baffling 

Yea and I wouldn't include his Prem record with Hibs as that wouldn't fair. What I find baffling is the excitement about him or the falling over themselves to sign him. Most people on here aren't impressed if we are linked to a striker who has done well in English League One. Cummings has done nothing in 3 years down there or at Rangers on loan. He's done nothing to warrant the praise he gets from some in my opinion. 

For instance, if we were linked to James Collins, the ex Hibs striker. Would the same people be excited about that signing? I'd imagine not, despite his record being far far superior to Cummings. 

Gorgie123456

2 goals a few months ago against Liverpool in the FA cup first player to do this since messi 18 months ago.(and yes it was there full team playing when he came on as a sub salah etc)

2 goals for forest against prem league Newcastle in the English league cup at st james 

hat trick on his first start on loan at ibrox in the Scottish cup 

scored against us in the league at ibrox 

Scottish cup winner 

first player to score 20+ for them 3 seasons in the trot since joe baker in the 50s

not to mention stats v us in derby games 

worth a punt 🤷🏼‍♂️ Think he’s worth more than a punt 

don’t let wiki stats get in the way of your agenda go for goals v games started For the proper stats 

it’s a yes from me 

Bazzas right boot

TBF, he's not cut from the same cloth, but he is'nt that good tbh.

If he wasn't a complete arsehole, I'd say take a punt but he is so we should avoid. 

A higher standard of professionalism is needed at this club as it is. 

Tokyo Drifter
On 24/06/2020 at 21:06, c41rns said:

I saw him jogging passed Carrick Knowe the other day. He was running in the opposite direction of Tynie ... but in a round about way, towards Riccarton. 🤔

It's an omen, right?

avhudtheteeshirt

Cumming's would become our version of Leigh Griffiths, to many other things on his mind to just play football!!!!!

3 hours ago, maroonshrew said:

yep..i would take Lafferty before him

3 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

yep..i would take Lafferty before him

Na Lafferty was decent but time to move on 

Just now, rory78 said:

Na Lafferty was decent but time to move on 

same could have been said about Gordon

Just a hunch but he doesn't sound like the type Neilson would sign. Not in a football sense but more because of Cummings' personality etc. Not convinced that Robbie, who appears quite conservative, would want that type of "big personality" in the dressing room. The Naismith type, which is all about leadership, cajoling team mates, yes, but not Cummings. 

It would surprise me if he's a Hearts player anytime soon. 

League One average weekly wage is £2000. Shrewsbury is £1500. 

I am not sure if that is hefty or not compared to Hearts wages going forward. 

2 minutes ago, martoon said:

Just a hunch but he doesn't sound like the type Neilson would sign. Not in a football sense but more because of Cummings' personality etc. Not convinced that Robbie, who appears quite conservative, would want that type of "big personality" in the dressing room. The Naismith type, which is all about leadership, cajoling team mates, yes, but not Cummings. 

It would surprise me if he's a Hearts player anytime soon. 

Think you've hit the Jimmy nail on the head  😉

6 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

Think you've hit the Jimmy nail on the head  😉

👏😊

Thread title needs changing if nothing else. Even if he did sign he wouldn't be the first. 😊

queensferryjambo
2 hours ago, Gorgie123456 said:

2 goals a few months ago against Liverpool in the FA cup first player to do this since messi 18 months ago.(and yes it was there full team playing when he came on as a sub salah etc)

Really?

It was nothing like Liverpool's first choice team -

Also Salah and Firmino came on AFTER Cummings scored in the 65th and 75th minute and Oxlade Chamberlain wasn't on until Liverpool were 1-0 down.

Liverpool team vs Shrewsbury 

• 13 Adrián
  • 76 Williams
  • 32 Matip Substituted for Salah at 79'minutes
  • Lovren
  • 70 Larouci
  • 68 Chirivella
  • Fabinho
  • 48 Jones
  • 67 Elliott Substituted for Oxlade-Chamberlain at 71'minutes
  • 18 Minamino Substituted for Firmino at 85'minutes
  • 27 Origi

SuperstarSteve
4 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Sat near him once at a boxing night at Ingliston. He was very happy to say hello to people and get selfies done. Seems well mannered, and was sober, having a laugh with complete strangers. Didn't get a Riordan/O'Connor vibe off him at all. Okay he acts the clown a bit sometimes. Personality wise he seems alright to me, unless folk know him personally have a different view obviously. Never really heard of him dashing about town acting the hard man.

Similar experience when i attended my mates wedding and he was sat at the tables outside. Quiet, friendly to those who asked for photos and sober.
His sense of humour isn’t for everybody but I don’t believe he is a bad egg. 

He would’ve put pen to paper if we offered him a contract but it’s not just fans that have a bad feeling about cummings, seen an interview from him after he signed with Shrewsbury and it seemed like clubs have been put off signing him due to his antics. Tearing apart his flat wasn’t exactly the best of ideas though. 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Cruyff said:

If he wasn't a complete arsehole, I'd say take a punt but he is so we should avoid. 

A higher standard of professionalism is needed at this club as it is. 

Tbh, I think we need more arseholes at the club. 

Folk with a bit swagger, dicks. 

He's not that good tho, so aye avoid. 

14 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Tbh, I think we need more arseholes at the club. 

Folk with a bit swagger, dicks. 

He's not that good tho, so aye avoid. 

The right kind of arseholes, definitely. 

I don't mind him as a player tbh. I think he's got something about him but I don't think he's what we need anyway.. 

50 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

Similar experience when i attended my mates wedding and he was sat at the tables outside. Quiet, friendly to those who asked for photos and sober.
His sense of humour isn’t for everybody but I don’t believe he is a bad egg. 

He would’ve put pen to paper if we offered him a contract but it’s not just fans that have a bad feeling about cummings, seen an interview from him after he signed with Shrewsbury and it seemed like clubs have been put off signing him due to his antics. Tearing apart his flat wasn’t exactly the best of ideas though. 

No it wasn’t. Neither was the way he celebrated goals against us but we’ve forgiven worse for a returning player

Glamorgan Jambo

There was an interview online with Sam Nicholson a couple of months ago where he talked quite a bit about Cummings ( think they’re good friends). Anyway the gist was the story about him being released by Hearts because of injury issues’ was nonsense. He was chased after the police attended the training sessions at Riccarton on several occasions. His preferred mode of transport was by bike. Someone else’s bike that he’d help himself to. 

By the way striker is the highest paid position at any club. Still say he’s on a decent wedge at Shrewsbury. The manager has his number though and basically benched him for six months for ‘fitness issues’.