Terror attack in Reading

graygo

10 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

If we can spend almost 1 billion pounds on pop up hospitals for COVID19 that were mothballed before the paint had dried we can afford to build and house more prisoners.

I want concentration camps for folk like this.  Sad reality is he will probably be sent to Butlins holiday camp with added in sports therapists, psychiatrists, nutritionists, home school tutors, councillors and aromatherapists.

I think you need to refresh your clichés a bit.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Francis Albert

• ri Alban

• Governor Tarkin

Marty Byrde
6 hours ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

Being reported now the boy had serious mental health issues - PTSD and a personality disorder - as well as possible addiction issues. 

Makes you wonder what type of people have come to the country and what their thoughts are on three homosexual men sitting in a park?

Governor Tarkin
7 hours ago, FWJ said:

Presuming they’re actually guilty of course?

I don’t know how old you are, but do you remember this advert?

Yeh, this poor chap in Reading was probably running to save those three guys from a falling piano while he was stabbing them in the neck. 

Facetiousness aside, I take your point, but I have no issue with the authorities slotting terrorists in the act if the opportunity to do so presents itself.

Governor Tarkin
7 hours ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

Being reported now the boy had serious mental health issues - PTSD and a personality disorder - as well as possible addiction issues. 

After the things some leople have lived through this is understandable.

I'm not sure it's a mitigating factor though. Where do you draw the line?

doctor jambo
On ‎21‎/‎06‎/‎2020 at 17:02, Pasquale for King said:

Exactly, Mandela is seen as both, Che Guevara too, William Wallace also.

They were in their own countries, trying to free its "indigenous" majority  people from oppression by an alien tyrannical minority

Jihad is an attempt to eradicate an "indigenous" majority  people in order to impose an alien oppressive culture by a tyrannical minority

54 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

They were in their own countries, trying to free its "indigenous" majority  people from oppression by an alien tyrannical minority

Jihad is an attempt to eradicate an "indigenous" majority  people in order to impose an alien oppressive culture by a tyrannical minority

Che Guevara wasn't in his own country though, was he not Argentinian?

10 hours ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

Yup that is definitely it.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

Yes but Isis was formed in repose to an invading oppressive alien tyrannical minority looking to bring freedom, to its resources if not its people.

PTSD, un-named other personality disorders and substance abuse issues that this guy has been suffering from makes you wonder why he was released in the first place, and why his monitoring and support wasn't good enough on the outside.

It also makes me wonder why it's being classed as a terror offence. If he was THAT mentally disturbed, surely it's a mental health act issue and not a terror one. He'd not be the first person off their nut to carry out a mass stabbing.

At this point the public don't know enough details about the circumstance of the case or the background of the attacker to make a definitive judgement of motives.

It does appear that this could have been prevented, though.

doctor jambo
44 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Che Guevara wasn't in his own country though, was he not Argentinian?

He saw all of South America as one state

10 minutes ago, Cade said:

PTSD, un-named other personality disorders and substance abuse issues that this guy has been suffering from makes you wonder why he was released in the first place, and why his monitoring and support wasn't good enough on the outside.

It also makes me wonder why it's being classed as a terror offence. If he was THAT mentally disturbed, surely it's a mental health act issue and not a terror one. He'd not be the first person off their nut to carry out a mass stabbing.

At this point the public don't know enough details about the circumstance of the case or the background of the attacker to make a definitive judgement of motives.

It does appear that this could have been prevented, though.

You don't think it had anyhting to do with targetting homosexuals based on his medieval beliefs then?

doctor jambo
21 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

And Congo?

The govt there could, rightly see him as a terrorist.

In Congo he was importing himself and his warfare into a non related state.

doctor jambo
20 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

You don't think it had anyhting to do with targetting homosexuals based on his medieval beliefs then?

Not sure.

Not willing to dive into presumption based on his religion or otherwise.

Appears he was ill,  plenty Christians are homophobic too

1 minute ago, doctor jambo said:

The govt there could, rightly see him as a terrorist.

In Congo he was importing himself and his warfare into a non related state.

As the other contries he terrorised in, because he saw South America as one state, I'm sure the countries would've disagreed if given the chance?

5 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Not sure.

Not willing to dive into presumption based on his religion or otherwise.

Appears he was ill,  plenty Christians are homophobic too

Some non religious too sadly (although in my opinion religion drives homophobioa) but it would be amiss to not see that all 3 victims were gay and he was of Islamic faith.

Many people have mental issues, myself included but we don't go around committing atrocities.  

Ron Burgundy
11 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Some non religious too sadly (although in my opinion religion drives homophobioa) but it would be amiss to not see that all 3 victims were gay and he was of Islamic faith.

Many people have mental issues, myself included but we don't go around committing atrocities.  

If the cop that killed George Floyd suffered from depression would that make him the real victim in all of this?

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
4 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I have no idea. It's tricky as hell and way over my head 😄.

I just thought it was worth pointing out, especially after seeing someone push concentration camps as the answer. 

2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

William Wallace is a terrorist. :facepalm:

The truth is, we know **** all about William Wallace. A few years we found out where he was really born.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
5 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

On further reflection, it's an even fairer point tbh. It is a mitigating factor, even if quite small, and it's worth pointing out, but drawing that line is impossible right enough. Some of the most hardened criminals we can imagine undoubtedly had huge mental health issues. 

Take Trump even - we're almost unanimous in thinking he's a cock but he without question shows clear signs of a personality disorder. 

Edited by Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Is there any kind of evidence to suggest that this guy knew that the people he was attacking were gay?

Or did he just randomly target a group of people who just happened to be gay?

Governor Tarkin
2 minutes ago, Cade said:

Is there any kind of evidence to suggest that this guy knew that the people he was attacking were gay?

Dunno.

I'm sure the police will be in the process of extracting this information as they're removing his fingernails.

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, Cade said:

An earlier poster indicated that but I still think it was random.

Haven’t seen any links one way to another.

Governor Tarkin
20 minutes ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

On further reflection, it's an even fairer point tbh. It is a mitigating factor, even if quite small, and it's worth pointing out, but drawing that line is impossible right enough. Some of the most hardened criminals we can imagine undoubtedly had huge mental health issues. 

Take Trump even - we're almost unanimous in thinking he's a cock but he without question shows clear signs of a personality disorder. 

One of the Radio 4 In Our Time podcasts brushed on this issue. I'll see if I can find which one it was.

It's a fascinating subject.

8 minutes ago, Cade said:

He attacked others there in another group, but there's not been any mention of their sexuality. I've seen reports of eyewitnesses saying it was random.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
19 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Why wasn’t he in a Libyan hospital then?

He hasn't lived in Libya for years. I'm not following. Did I miss something? 

11 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

He saw all of South America as one state

Maybe he didn't realise where Cuba was?

John Findlay
19 hours ago, ri Alban said:

William Wallace is a terrorist. :facepalm:

He would be classed as one nowadays.

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

He would be classed as one nowadays.

Nowadays isn't then. Cromwell would be too and a dictator. 

Edited by ri Alban

John Findlay
1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

Nowadays isn't then. Cromwell would be too and a dictator. 

I'm not arguing.

20 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Fairly sure there's a sliding scale of mentalness. You being at one end and this guy being at the other. 

18 hours ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

Its pretty interesting, most folk see crimes like this and think its black and white. My Mrs is training to be a barrister, the amount of information for crimes not in the public domain is insane. Almost every case you see reported ends up not quite as it seems. Its fascinating to hear the internals and how the courts make decisions.

Secret Barrister is a decent read if anyone is so inclined. You will end up thinking that the whole justice system is bollocks though, which it is, and not for the reasons you think. 

Various authorities are discussing what legislation to use to prosecute this guy.

After every other knife attack the national terror threat was raised.

Not with this one.

The guy has well documented mental health problems and was dismissed as being a jihadi by MI5 twice.

The choices are; a criminal prosecution (with possible hate crime if it was found that he deliberately targeted a group of gay people), terrorism prosecution or mental health prosecution.

21 hours ago, SE16 3LN said:

The truth is, we know **** all about William Wallace. A few years we found out where he was really born.

Well we know from the film he was a small highlander who walked around with his face pained blue

5 minutes ago, robroy1874 said:

Well we know from the film he was a small highlander who walked around with his face pained blue

Was that not your film? 

Francis Albert
3 hours ago, The Brow said:

Its pretty interesting, most folk see crimes like this and think its black and white. My Mrs is training to be a barrister, the amount of information for crimes not in the public domain is insane. Almost every case you see reported ends up not quite as it seems. Its fascinating to hear the internals and how the courts make decisions.

Secret Barrister is a decent read if anyone is so inclined. You will end up thinking that the whole justice system is bollocks though, which it is, and not for the reasons you think. 

Agreed on Secret Barrister … an indictment of the British legal system.

Whether there are many better places to be tried for a serious offence is another question.

26 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

That's a bit better

Liam Neeson? Can't remember. Or was that the big man? 

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

Liam Neeson? Can't remember. Or was that the big man? 

Anybody but a Scotsman. Filmed in Ireland as well?