• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Francis Albert

• ri Alban

• Governor Tarkin

Somebody just posted a video of it to my son's football team WhatsApp group (we live in the area) and doesn't know how to delete it. People going mental.  

Heartsmad1874

Its circulating on Twitter aswell. What kind of person records someone having CPR and then posts it onto social media.

Deary me, horrible scenes.

indianajones
3 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Its circulating on Twitter aswell. What kind of person records someone having CPR and then posts it onto social media.

Deary me, horrible scenes.

We live in a really strange world. 

Weakened Offender
1 minute ago, graygo said:

:wtfvlad:

Isn't it just vile that someone could post that, with a laughing emoji, on a thread about an attack where at least 3 people are reported to have died?

4 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Isn't it just vile that someone could post that, with a laughing emoji, on a thread about an attack where at least 3 people are reported to have died?

It's unbelievable, actually no it's not unfortunately.

Weakened Offender
4 minutes ago, graygo said:

It's unbelievable, actually no it's not unfortunately.

I suppose you are right, given his posting history. 

They might be linked. We don’t know. Time will tell. More likely to be the religion of peace, though. Action must be taken to defend civilisation from these sub human scum who do this. 

Harry Potter
15 minutes ago, Cade said:

Polis say it's not terror related, nor BLM related.

Sorry, chaps.

Why are you sorry, this is a shocking event, im struggling to understand the world we live in just now.

The Real Maroonblood
6 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Why are you sorry, this is a shocking event, im struggling to understand the world we live in just now.

It’s certainly a brutal world.

Some people will actually feel more safe in lockdown and not just from COVID-19.

1 hour ago, Cade said:

Sorry, chaps.

Strange that given that they raided a property or two earlier.

Governor Tarkin
2 hours ago, Cade said:

Sorry, chaps.

What are you sorry for?

2 hours ago, Cade said:

Sorry, chaps.

What's that meant to mean?

1 hour ago, Harry Potter said:

6 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

What are you sorry for?

Just now, AlimOzturk said:

What's that meant to mean?

It I think means that Cade thinks people are choking to blame muslims or blm or use it politically.

Sort of like he does with a lot.

Even if the guy was shouting the Allah or blm to go round plunging a knife into random strangers imo makes him mentally unwell.

“Police have declared the stabbing attack in Reading in which three people died a "terrorist incident".

A 25-year-old man from Reading was arrested at the scene of the attack at about 19:00 BST on Saturday, which also left three people seriously injured.

Counter-terrorism police are now taking over the investigation, Thames Valley Police said.

Security sources told the BBC the man arrested is thought to be Libyan.

In a statement, Thames Valley Police said the attack had been declared a terror incident by Deputy Assistant Commissioner Dean Haydon, senior national co-ordinator for the Counter Terrorism Policing network.”

Francis Albert

The more or less cryptic comments on the BLM thread (and some on here) seemed to fall into three camps. Some thought (or hoped) the stabbings were the work of BLM protesters or at least inspired by them. Others thought (or hoped) it was the result of a racist attack ("by Neanderthals") on BLM protesters. Then came the terrorist theory which meant that our civilisation had to be protected from these (muslim) "scum".

They all had in common an unwillingness to share their logic or evidence if any for their views. And of course an unwillingness to concede that they were wrong and had no real basis for their views, and with some a fondness for inappropriate smiling or laughing  emojis.

PS this crossed with Dannie Boy's confirmation that it is being treated as a terrorist act.

Edited by Francis Albert

Sickening.  When folk are still nervous of the virus this happens.  Must have some hatred or insanity to attack folk you don't even know....

Francis Albert
1 minute ago, weehammy said:

Reports that suspect is Libyan who has previously served time in UK prison. So why wasn’t he lobbed back to Libya on completion of sentence? Oh I know - it would breach his human rights.

I read he served time for a non-terrorist related crime. Don't know his residence status in the UK do you? 

Just now, Francis Albert said:

The Minneapolis approach to law enforcement?

He's killed 3 people, seems fair. 

Just now, ri Alban said:

He's killed 3 people, seems fair. 

Are you in favour of the death penalty Alban?

I am for some crimes just so you dont think I'm trying to corner you.

1 minute ago, jake said:

Are you in favour of the death penalty Alban?

I am for some crimes just so you dont think I'm trying to corner you.

Could be for sick fecks, and I'd shoot these folk on sight. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, ri Alban said:

Could be for sick fecks, and I'd shoot these folk on sight. 

How progressive of you. 

Governor Tarkin
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

How progressive of you. 

What the **** is that even supposed to mean? 

I take it you'd pat the poor misunderstood chap on the bum and send him on his way. 

36 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

How progressive of you. 

I'm sure you could write him a stern letter. Then ending it on how it's not his fault. 👍

Francis Albert
39 minutes ago, weehammy said:

I was being deliberately provocative. If he’s a UK citizen then he shouldn’t be described as Libyan.

Cards on the table: I am perfectly comfortable with immigration and was happy with EU freedom of movement. The exception to that was our inability to prevent people with a criminal record coming to the UK and to expel non-UK citizens who commit crimes here. Not saying exclusion or expulsion should be automatic but a sovereign state should be able to decide. The EU policy on this was a mess.

Agree with all that.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

I'm sure you could write him a stern letter. Then ending it on how it's not his fault. 👍

No I would probably get him the mental health help that he clearly requires. Some of us have moved on from feudal times.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

What the **** is that even supposed to mean? 

I take it you'd pat the poor misunderstood chap on the bum and send him on his way. 

It means that it’s 2020, when has it been acceptable for the police to shoot people? He should be tried and convicted in a court of law, it’s not the ****ing Wild West although a lot on here would prefer it that way it would seem. As someone who complains constantly about the U.K. and how we should rightly break away from it Ri seems to be less progressive than the wider movement he is a part of.

Edited by Pasquale for King

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, weehammy said:

I was being deliberately provocative. If he’s a UK citizen then he shouldn’t be described as Libyan.

Cards on the table: I am perfectly comfortable with immigration and was happy with EU freedom of movement. The exception to that was our inability to prevent people with a criminal record coming to the UK and to expel non-UK citizens who commit crimes here. Not saying exclusion or expulsion should be automatic but a sovereign state should be able to decide. The EU policy on this was a mess.

Fair comment.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, weehammy said:

Not really sure if you’re correct about expulsion of any criminals, it can be easily done if they’re a danger to the public. So even if they come you can send them back, no matter where they come from.

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/cbp-8062/

Genuine question, but what is the difference between a terror attack and multiple stabbings? Does it depend on the ethnicity of the attacker?

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, Locky said:

Genuine question, but what is the difference between a terror attack and multiple stabbings? Does it depend on the ethnicity of the attacker?

Good question.

Nucky Thompson

Probably the reason why he done it. Shouting Allahu Akbar while stabbing random white folks is usually a giveaway.

Maybe they have found stuff when they raided his house

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

I'm not mad keen on the phrase. I suppose they have some evidence of motivation and it fits with the Muslim extremism/jihad narrative as most of us have been taught to understand it. 

But it doesn't mean much. An attack like that is obviously terrorising to those who were there and you others who feel vulnerable. 

My other issue with the phrase is that it implies it's the work of "terrorists", which had connotations of what that means historically - organised groups advancing an ideology, even if that ideology is mostly just violence. Seems to be the case with this guy, as with so many of these attackers over the last few years, that there was nothing like the organisation to the scale of traditional"terrorist attacks" like there used to be (IRA bombings, 9/11 etc.). Seems disingenuous to use the same phrase for lone, radicalized criminals. Adds to the intolerance of larger groups and takes the focus away from a lone murderer. 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

I'm not mad keen on the phrase. I suppose they have some evidence of motivation and it fits with the Muslim extremism/jihad narrative as most of us have been taught to understand it. 

But it doesn't mean much. An attack like that is obviously terrorising to those who were there and you others who feel vulnerable. 

My other issue with the phrase is that it implies it's the work of "terrorists", which had connotations of what that means historically - organised groups advancing an ideology, even if that ideology is mostly just violence. Seems to be the case with this guy, as with so many of these attackers over the last few years, that there was nothing like the organisation to the scale of traditional"terrorist attacks" like there used to be (IRA bombings, 9/11 etc.). Seems disingenuous to use the same phrase for lone, radicalized criminals. Adds to the intolerance of larger groups and takes the focus away from a lone murderer. 

Well put.

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Probably the reason why he done it. Shouting Allahu Akbar while stabbing random white folks is usually a giveaway.

Maybe they have found stuff when they raided his house

Did he do this? It’s usually widely reported if it happens. All I can see is the Daily Mail saying reports of him shouting something that nobody could work out, they also tried to tie it in with the BLM protest earlier in the day.

Francis Albert
22 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Well put.

Should the same discrmination be applied to the use of the word "racist"?

Pasquale for King
20 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Should the same discrmination be applied to the use of the word "racist"?

I think that’s a much clearer issue, mental health not always an issue. Maybe ask the person who initially said it too?

As if there was enough bad **** going on at the moment without some brainwashed dickhead doing this.

Edited by Ray Gin

Francis Albert
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think that’s a much clearer issue, mental health not always an issue. Maybe ask the person who initially said it too?

Ok I think the person who initially said it will.pick up on the question if he chooses to.. Wuhen a black police officer kills a white person is it automatically racist?  When a white police officer kills a black.man is it automatically racist? And mental health is never an issue? 

I agree with point about "Terrorist" being used indiscriminately. But I think "racist" is also.

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, Locky said:

Terror tack and multiple stabbings can of course coincide.

As to your second question the Norwegian guy who killed all those people in a summer camp a few years ago was a terrorist. The white people who killed all those children in Charlestone were terrorists. The Provisional IRA were terrorists.

So no it doesn't depend on the ethnicity of the attacker or the attacker's victims.

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Terror tack and multiple stabbings can of course coincide.

As to your second question the Norwegian guy who killed all those people in a summer camp a few years ago was a terrorist. The white people who killed all those children in Charlestone were terrorists. The Provisional IRA were terrorists.

So no it doesn't depend on the ethnicity of the attacker or the attacker's victims.

It could also be argued that the IRA were freedom fighters.

I’m not making a case for them.

Edited by The Real Maroonblood

3 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

It could also be argued that the IRA were freedom fighters.

I’m not making a case for them.

Good edit.

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

It means that it’s 2020, when has it been acceptable for the police to shoot people? He should be tried and convicted in a court of law, it’s not the ****ing Wild West although a lot on here would prefer it that way it would seem. As someone who complains constantly about the U.K. and how we should rightly break away from it Ri seems to be less progressive than the wider movement he is a part of.

See if it was the Tories or the Royal family we were on about you'd have no qualms about wanting them shot.

I suppose executing Royal families is classed as progressive amongst folk of your political leaning though eh. 

Get off of your high horse and stop being a hypocrite.

It's one thing some American rozzer choking an unarmed suspect to death in cold blood, it's another dispatching some knife wielding murderous jihadi back into the arms of Allah.

I assume you were disgusted with police brutality over the timely demise of the London Bridge attacker also? 

Well **** them.

Bang. Deid. Ta-ta. Good riddance.

Edited by Governor Tarkin

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Good edit.

Just in case I was accused of supporting them.

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, Locky said:

It depends how frightened you are.