• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

So eh, takeaway pints?

Great idea.

Governor Tarkin
8 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

There weren't any that killed 60,000 people in a few months despite a lockdown, no.

Not recently anyway.

Fxxx the SPFL

Chain Pier doing take away a bit pricey but us Trinity toffs can afford it, stand at the wall gazing over the forth to fife on a lovely sunny day. My problem is the bladder i saw a lad the last time nipping down the steps to the sea front and having a slash against the wall not done it myself but our house is only 8 minutes up the road and i stick to small bottles of wine or prosecco the wife drinks cans of lager (scaff). small prosecco and a can of Bud £10 the view nothing

Feel so sorry for so many of the bars ATM. desperate times for Alot of them. Alot of them won't open their doors again

2 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Feel so sorry for so many of the bars ATM. desperate times for Alot of them. Alot of them won't open their doors again

Not if they give up as easy as you. They've been given funds that should keep them going until they open up again. And anyone with any sense would be using their pubs as another business, right now. 

And I'll add. Pubs and Bookies wouldn't give two fecks about anyone else if it was rolls reversed and they could open and others couldn't. 

Edited by ri Alban

The Real Maroonblood
33 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Not if they give up as easy as you. They've been given funds that should keep them going until they open up again. And anyone with any sense would be using their pubs as another business, right now. 

And I'll add. Pubs and Bookies wouldn't give two fecks about anyone else if it was rolls reversed and they could open and others couldn't. 

Pubs matter.

:P

Go and **** off to the Coronavirus thread if you want to debate the rules and whether or not you should stick to them, please. Or better still, i8 and Alim can just wank each other off via PM.

I'd be interested in a list of places that are open for takeaway drinks. Two I know of are The Torphin in Corstorphine and The Raeburn down Stockbridge. Sure I have seen that Jessie Mays is too.

Shanks said no
18 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

So eh, takeaway pints?

Torphin in Corstorphine (ex Oak Inn)

£3.50 for a pint of Tennents or Innis & Gunn.

If the weather holds this afternoon I might stroll along for a couple after working in the garden. Benches dotted along St Johns Rd have been busy, as has the patio outside White Lady. 

Governor Tarkin
30 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

If the weather holds this afternoon I might stroll along for a couple after working in the garden. Benches dotted along St Johns Rd have been busy, as has the patio outside White Lady. 

Hopefully you're in luck with the weather, mate.

Enjoy your pints. 👍

Ye Olde Inne in D Mains has been doing it since last week. The first day was pretty annoying for those of us still doing social distancing as lots of people were sat outside On the low wall at the front of the pub, or randomly scattered on benches. Then the poor staff had to sweep up all the empty plastic bottles people had abandoned due to being stupid arseholes with no regard for anyone else. 

3 hours ago, Tazio said:

Ye Olde Inne in D Mains has been doing it since last week. The first day was pretty annoying for those of us still doing social distancing as lots of people were sat outside On the low wall at the front of the pub, or randomly scattered on benches. Then the poor staff had to sweep up all the empty plastic bottles people had abandoned due to being stupid arseholes with no regard for anyone else. 

Sounds good. Will head there tomorrow.

The Real Maroonblood
7 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Sounds good. Will head there tomorrow.

Have a great day.

😄

the general

Right 

Torphin

Raging Bull

Fierce

Brewdog lothian road

Canny mans

Mclarens

Black Ivy

Pierces

Bow Bar

Brauhoose

Brass Monkey Leith

Pitt at weekend

And a few more I will remember

the general
7 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Go and **** off to the Coronavirus thread if you want to debate the rules and whether or not you should stick to them, please. Or better still, i8 and Alim can just wank each other off via PM.

I'd be interested in a list of places that are open for takeaway drinks. Two I know of are The Torphin in Corstorphine and The Raeburn down Stockbridge. Sure I have seen that Jessie Mays is too.

Dont think jessie May's is now

Oh and stockbridge tap 

All these places are not open all week so check hours etc

Edited by the general

9 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

tenor.gif.e0f925cb12ad88f72f7d9e5d31c42dc9.gif

Салатные палочки
On 19/06/2020 at 06:03, i8hibsh said:

I have a mate who can have 6 or 7 pints and still not need a pish tho. He'd be sorted.

I hate people like that :laugh2:

Салатные палочки

My girlfriends mum text her yesterday to say "your dad is away to the Log Inn". I asked what the Log Inn was. Apparently the old guys from the boozer have made a pub in the woods using logs. When the weather is nice there could be about 30 of them there :laugh2:

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

My girlfriends mum text her yesterday to say "your dad is away to the Log Inn". I asked what the Log Inn was. Apparently the old guys from the boozer have made a pub in the woods using logs. When the weather is nice there could be about 30 of them there :laugh2:

👍

spirt of 98
On 19/06/2020 at 09:38, Ray Gin said:

Following the rules isn't being a frightened sheep. It's being a responsible adult who cares about the welfare of others.

We all want to meet our mates, go to the pub, eat in restaurants, have BBQs etc. But we're better to ease out of lockdown safely than to **** it all up and be back at square one, making the last few months of sacrifice a waste of time.

Well said that man. There will be a few folk I do t speak to after lockdown.  Neighbours can bolt. They’ve broke the rules so many times. Sick of these twits and they are the first to moan when lockdown is extended. 

JudyJudyJudy
On 19/06/2020 at 10:40, i8hibsh said:

Sorry to hear that about your grandad.

Really miss the gym, miss my old routine and **** me I even miss the office.

I'm just not a bird that can be caged and I am struggling mentally if truth be told and the depression is rearing its ugly head.

Nihilism is a good word for my state right now and covers it well.

I feel that my entire life is controlled and owned by government and media.  I don't even feel like my bollocks are even mine right now.

I did wonder where u had been ? Hadnt seen your posts for a long time. 

JudyJudyJudy
On 19/06/2020 at 10:29, AlimOzturk said:

I probably slumped into a bad depressive state for a while throughout all of this. I couldn't tell you for certain as apart from losing my grandad I had never felt as awful as I did. Not that it would have mattered because it seems these things are trivial matter nowadays when the discussion of Coronavirus rears it's ugly head. That is all that matter now.

I don't think I'll ever fully be the same person after this. I am now nihilistic person. Not angry just lost all ****ing hope. Will just live my life for my family and friends and do what the **** I like. 

Hope your doing well I8. Missing the Gym!

Shame you don't look at it another way? A lot of people are seeing this as a second chance to do things they always wanted to do ( leave a boring job etc) and looking forward to the virus if it disappears.   Think positively .  

JudyJudyJudy
On 20/06/2020 at 11:01, ri Alban said:

Agreed. 

6 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

ezgif-2-a2e3fb308298.gif

Fxxx the SPFL
On ‎20‎/‎06‎/‎2020 at 19:36, the general said:

Right 

Torphin

Raging Bull

Fierce

Brewdog lothian road

Canny mans

Mclarens

Black Ivy

Pierces

Bow Bar

Brauhoose

Brass Monkey Leith

Pitt at weekend

And a few more I will remember

Kenny, The Raeburn in Stockbridge is open and there were a good few using the beer garden and we were told their toilets are also open. :crowngrin:

Tanning shops opening to people on the fly. They'll probably lose their licence or lease if the Glasgow Council go to town. 

9 hours ago, **** the SPFL said:

Kenny, The Raeburn in Stockbridge is open and there were a good few using the beer garden and we were told their toilets are also open. :crowngrin:

Don’t know if it was this pub but heard that Police instructed toilets to be closed as it goes against government advice. 

Raeburn and its clientele thinking they are above everyone else shock.

Edited by DETTY29

the general

Cheers pal will have a wee nosey

Fxxx the SPFL
2 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

Raeburn and its clientele thinking they are above everyone else shock.

fake snobs

Fxxx the SPFL
1 hour ago, the general said:

Cheers pal will have a wee nosey

give me a shout if you are heading down any time i'm working from home but usually finish early afternoon two i will buy you a pint. i know you took early retirement so any day should be okay for you lol. :toasting:

Back on topic:

How do the takeaway pints work?  Do you get handed a bottle, or can, or is it like a pint in a McDonald's cup with a lid? :lol:

If you're wanting to meet up with pals and have a swally, would you still not be better off just heading to Tesco and buying 4 chilled cans for £4, rather than one pint for the same price at a pub, especially given you can't actually sit in the pub in the first place!

the general
On 22/06/2020 at 14:25, tian447 said:

Back on topic:

How do the takeaway pints work?  Do you get handed a bottle, or can, or is it like a pint in a McDonald's cup with a lid? :lol:

If you're wanting to meet up with pals and have a swally, would you still not be better off just heading to Tesco and buying 4 chilled cans for £4, rather than one pint for the same price at a pub, especially given you can't actually sit in the pub in the first place!

A plastic pint pot or a growler with fresh poured beer

the general
On 22/06/2020 at 10:12, **** the SPFL said:

give me a shout if you are heading down any time i'm working from home but usually finish early afternoon two i will buy you a pint. i know you took early retirement so any day should be okay for you lol. :toasting:

Very early early retirement obviously

Will do pal ... stay safe

3 hours ago, the general said:

Very early early retirement obviously

Will do pal ... stay safe

So, say you were having beer in the Black Ivy in Bruntsfield, where are you meant to go for a pish (both male and female); are there public toilets open in The Meadows?

the general
5 hours ago, JWL said:

So, say you were having beer in the Black Ivy in Bruntsfield, where are you meant to go for a pish (both male and female); are there public toilets open in The Meadows?

Noooooo that's the big problem lad !!  Trotsky would be goosed

crunchy frog

Jessie Mays is finished with the takeaway pints.

Be surprised if you see it open again in the foreseeable future .

2 hours ago, the general said:

Any new additions for the list?

Espy in Portobello. Passed it yesterday. Must be public toilets open somewhere. Meant to be heading to PSG tomorrow with a couple of workmates (weather permitting) and was hoping the bogs were open. Might just be a case of nipping across to one of the shops and using the bogs in Marks or something (assuming they are open).

Did this at The Seaglass pub in Port Seton. Take away pints of any beer/lager for £4 and as they serve food there, they were also doing take away grub as well.

Trouble was, about a dozen or so feckwit morons were standing in the street getting pished. Throwing the food cartons on the street and going behind the pub to pish against the wall.

Wasnt long before the police turned up and shut the whole thing down.

I have to question what it is that would make a grown man stand in the high street drinking beer in a plastic cup?

Reeks of desperation!

davemclaren
2 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Did this at The Seaglass pub in Port Seton. Take away pints of any beer/lager for £4 and as they serve food there, they were also doing take away grub as well.

Trouble was, about a dozen or so feckwit morons were standing in the street getting pished. Throwing the food cartons on the street and going behind the pub to pish against the wall.

Wasnt long before the police turned up and shut the whole thing down.

I have to question what it is that would make a grown man stand in the high street drinking beer in a plastic cup?

Reeks of desperation!

I like beer gardens but without the facilities I’d rather be in my garden I think. 

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

I like beer gardens but without the facilities I’d rather be in my garden I think. 

Indeed Dave. Exactly what I am doing as I type 👍